• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Do you like board games, fami?

Do you like physical board and/or card games?

• Yes, I like board games and prefer them to video games.

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Yes, I like board games but not as much as video games.

Votes: 67 54.5%
  • No, I don't like board games.

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I like board games and video games equally!!!

Votes: 39 31.7%

• Total voters
I'm glad this thread got revived, even if it was through rather unusual means.

My wife and I have been playing Quacks of Quedlinburg. I played this ages ago and have had it on my wishlist just as long. I love it as a four player game but the two player variant feels a little lesser to me. It's still a good time, but I think for my typical playing habits it just doesn't match up to Azul. But what does, eh, Tax Boy?

My wife and I have been playing Quacks of Quedlinburg. I played this ages ago and have had it on my wishlist just as long. I love it as a four player game but the two player variant feels a little lesser to me.
I don't think I've played Quacks with 2 players before, but have you tried Dominion? That works really well as a two player game and it has the same central market like Quacks, minus the press-your-luck mechanisms.

But yea, Quacks is a good time.

I don't think I've played Quacks with 2 players before, but have you tried Dominion? That works really well as a two player game and it has the same central market like Quacks, minus the press-your-luck mechanisms.

But yea, Quacks is a good time.
Nope, but I’ll add it to my wishlist! Thank you kindly!

Anyone been playing Earthborne Rangers? Thinking of going in my first big campaign game, aimed at 2P Coop with my partner, read great things about it.

Yeah I love both equally. They scratch different itches.

Some of my favourites are:

Battlestar Galactica
Trickerion
War of the Ring
Abomination
Legendary Encounters Alien
Star Wars Rebellion
Hegemony
Dune Imperium
Secret Hitler
Mansions of Madness
Arkham Horror 2nd Ed.
Fury of Dracula
Nemesis
Pandemic Legacy
Brass Birmingham
Star Wars The Outer Rim
Awkward Guests
Hive
Terraforming Mars
Las Vegas Royale
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
Turing Machine
Survive Escape From Atlantis
Clank!
Black Orchestra
Captain’s Log
Mr President

Last edited:
Neat little game for any Tetris and/or geometric shape loving sickos out there. It’s called Project L! You basically build a deck of little Tetris blocks (some of which are not tetrominoes) to complete miniature puzzles. The bigger the puzzle, the bigger the reward. It is neat and the pieces are satisfying to place.

GgjUtZ1.jpeg

I'm glad this thread got revived, even if it was through rather unusual means.

My wife and I have been playing Quacks of Quedlinburg. I played this ages ago and have had it on my wishlist just as long. I love it as a four player game but the two player variant feels a little lesser to me. It's still a good time, but I think for my typical playing habits it just doesn't match up to Azul. But what does, eh, Tax Boy?
Yeah, I played Quacks with my GF and we felt the same, also it started to feel really stacked towards one player, even though there is a lot of luck involved, almost every turn the same person rolled the die to the point where it ended kind of meh. I love Quacks and it's one of my top 10, maybe even top 5 (? I'm not sure, my top numbers games always have more games than the number should) but yeah, not great at two.
Usually we enjoy a lot Azul and Calico at two, also Awkward Guests can be really fun at two as well.

Back
Top Bottom