• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Did Tears of the Kingdom justify its $70 pricing for you?

Did Tears of the Kingdom justify its $70 pricing?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a wild take lmao

you genuinely think that paying $20 to a small indie team who gets all of that money (minus whatever cut the marketplace they put it on takes) is more egregious than a multibillion dollar company bumping the price up just to increase share holder profits?

shit man, id be more willing to swallow a $70 AAA game if i knew every cent of it was going into the pockets of the people who worked on the game. sometimes i genuinely wonder if some of you think before you post.

first good point youve made in the thread :)
Not sure why you need to resort to personal attacks.

Not sure why you need to resort to personal attacks.

my apologies if such a light joke cut so deeply, but youll have to excuse me for not taking you seriously when you post the average income in the united states as some kind of weak gotcha to prove its okay for companies to arbitrarly raise prices

Please consider the popularity of Zelda does not justify continuing to ignore wage inequality in the US. -xghost777, PixelKnight, MondoMega
my apologies if such a light joke cut so deeply, but youll have to excuse me for not taking you seriously when you post the average income in the united states as some kind of weak gotcha to prove its okay for companies to arbitrarly raise prices
Okay, cool. I hope all your complaining about the prices works out for you and the 15% of famiboards that agrees with you. Meanwhile 10 million others are gonna pay $70 to play Zelda, because it’s worth it.

This thread is temporarily closed as it is generating a lot of reports. We’ll review the thread.

Update- After consideration by the mod team this thread will remain closed. This OP was about personal consideration of value. Assigning sweeping arguments around everyone’s economic situation to it in order to dismiss the viewpoints of fami members critical of it is not what this community is about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom