• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Coffee

Do you like coffee?

• Yes

Votes: 75 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 22.7%

• Total voters

What a nice thread to see bumped while the smell of coffee fills the house!

My COTY has to go to a Tanzanian Peaberry blend I had from what I reckon is the best café in my area. It had this mystifying taste with strong floral black tea-ish notes, sweetened with a touch of honey, and the oat milk in it was lightly infused with lavender. It was the theoretical opposite of a Starbucks Monstrosity; a delicate, thoughtful blend of flavours with a very light touch to let the coffee stand out. Yum!

Such a highly cultured answer to follow my caveman post with. blg can also stand for barista loving gentleman

barista loving gentleman
I snorted a little coffee up my nose while reading this. Well done 😂

I should qualify that most of the time I just buy medium beans from the grocery store, or from that same café, and brew it at home with a little oat milk. But that was undoubtedly the Coffee of the Year!

You try that new spot in LA yet?

AzPR3u8.png

My COTY is actually the underrated Tea of the Kingdom. It costs $70 per bag.

I found a new organic Peru coffee blend that's quite nice.

Just poured up a black coffee for the first time in a while to celebrate this thread and my god, I nailed it. So tasty. So…dark…

UBibnPT.gif

Picked up a pound of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from my local roaster and man, why do I ever drink anything else? Ethiopian coffee is king.

Whatever I can buy. Just looking for some options from coffee enthusiasts.
Not personally tried Keurig's stuff, but I found the best way to figure out is trying one of each and seeing which you like. Do they do specialty coffee shop versions as well? Or just big brands? For nespresso, you get a lot of specialty roasters doing compatible pods that helps.

Not personally tried Keurig's stuff, but I found the best way to figure out is trying one of each and seeing which you like. Do they do specialty coffee shop versions as well? Or just big brands? For nespresso, you get a lot of specialty roasters doing compatible pods that helps.
I was just looking for some suggestions. I usually buy off of Amazon.

anyone who has posted in this thread and hasn’t voted for Coffee in the general discussion thread needs to go and do that. We need to beat those tea drinkers! Huzzah!

This makes me realize I don't think I've ever had a cup of decaf that wasn't from a kind of sad packet from the deep recesses of a cupboard. I could be having coffee all day!

Very few places do anything decent on the decaf side, so grinding on your own from specialty coffee houses is the best.

For those that use a Keurig what k-cups are you using?

I recently bought an espresso machine. I used to work as a barista and my parents have one, so I really shouldn't be surprised by how much I'm enjoying it, yet here we are. My coffee intake has gone up a fair bit, and I'm saving a lot of money. My wife is even having fun learning how to use it! I really wish I'd bought one ages ago

For some reason I thought bulletproof coffee was just, like, super strong coffee lol. I finally looked it up and...hmm. Hmm. Admittedly I haven't had it, but I dunno if I'd like it. Plus, I feel like it puts me one degree too close to starting to butter shave:
XfVtwMj.jpeg

Last year I bought a ninja drip machine and a baratza coffee grinder. I used to drink a cup of black every morning. I don't have a health issue but decided to start drinking less caffeine.

I really like sugar free energy drinks now. I have two or three a week.

coffee murdered my father in cold blood when I was five years old, right in front of me, with a butter knife

I have not forgotten. and I have not forgiven.

Those easy drip bags are pretty great. My friend sent me some Peruvian coffee from London. I should try some local ones.

Recently switched to a Nespresso machine. I still hate that for the Vertuo machines they have the patent, but the coffee for an all in one is so much better than what Keurig produces.
I agree for sure. I had never used a Nespresso until like a month ago -- there was one in my hotel room -- and it was pretty good! Fairly dank espresso, and they had some more latté-ish kinds to try to. Just watch out for those metal pods -- yipes

Recently switched to a Nespresso machine. I still hate that for the Vertuo machines they have the patent, but the coffee for an all in one is so much better than what Keurig produces.

I agree for sure. I had never used a Nespresso until like a month ago -- there was one in my hotel room -- and it was pretty good! Fairly dank espresso, and they had some more latté-ish kinds to try to. Just watch out for those metal pods -- yipes

Which pods are you both using?

Back
Top Bottom