• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Bandai Namco Studios is developing a 3D action game for a Nintendo contracted project (probably a remaster/remake?)

oracion

Ramen Mania
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Develop as a planner for a 3D action game project for a Nintendo contracted project.

As a visual artist for a 3D action game project for a Nintendo contracted project
You will be responsible for image sketching for design study and 3D background production work.

As a visual artist for a 3D action game project for a Nintendo contracted project
You will be working on HD remastering of 3D backgrounds.

Gen 9 Pokémon Snap? Another Donkey Konga? Neither one of those are action titles though.

Oh it’s an HD remaster game?

HD remastering? Is this a remaster? Hmmm.

Nintendo is licensing a Dynamic productions Infinitism (mecha) game MUA3 style wirh Bamco?

Bamco finally giving us the Xenoglossia game we've all been waiting for!

A7442-1808497837.1506128056.jpg

It's a remaster, then; this listing makes that clearer than the others.

Trying to think of other 3D action games that are not Zelda or Metroid as they are not 3D action games.
Didn't we hear that Nintendo were looking for someone to remaster Prime 2 and 3? Those are 3D action games... 🤔

From reading all the jobs, it looks like a big remake or a sequel that utilizes assets from the previous title (like Smash Ultimate).

Remaster of a 3D action game? Eternal Darkness? Sin and Pubishment? Trying to think of other 3D action games that are not Zelda or Metroid as they are not 3D action games.

Kid Icarus?
Sakurai does have a lot of experience working with Bandai Namco...

Holy shit, if this actually is Kid Icarus: Uprising, I will be so happy…

one says remaster

One says big remake lol
People couldn't decide which one Xenoblade DE counts as, and the Prime remaster has been compared to that, right? ;)

Would be nice if people were right about Uprising but I cannot get my hopes up for that.

My guess is its probably some sort of 3D RPG, but I'm curious if its an old Bamco game that Nintendo wants exclusive rights to remaking/remastering or if its an old Nintendo game

Nintendo gonna announced that the work done on Metroid Prime 4 has been unsatisfactory so development has been restarted and is going back to Bamco!

Nintendo contracted project is not equal to use of Nintendo IP, it can be a new IP (like in Astral Chain case) or a Bandai (or other third party) IP that Nintendo has got the license and contracted Bandai to make a game (Bayonetta 2 and 3 situation).

Has anyone noticed how much more Bandai Namco's new logo resembles Nintendo's own? Clearly this news isn't a coincidence.

I'm not about to say it's obviously Kid Icarus, but I have been hoping for that to see a re-release on Switch. And also a new entry.

Eternal Darkness? Sin and Pubishment?
This is meant to torment me, I know. How cruel.

a remake of Baten Kaitos!
We have MonolithSoft with Honne and also backup from their Kyoto studio right there.
And the possibility of a new entry in that case.
But it is Bandai Namco. And Nintendo did publish Origins.
Why must you toy with my hope?

There's a surprising lack of XenoSaga talk here. Probably because, again, MonolithSoft is right there.

I am stubbornly choosing to believe this is Kid Icarus with Sakurai because it makes a lot of sense and it's one of my favorite games ever.

Metroid Prime 2+3 or Kid Icarus Uprising seem the most likely (assuming all the listings are for the same game and that rumors about Retro remastering Prime 1 are true), but personally I'm pulling for The Last Story.

Do you think so? That would be a lot of projects for Bandai to take on when they already are forced to outsource a lot of work from their own IPs
Smash Bros Ultimate + dlc,Mario Kart Tour and Pokemon Snap were developed kind at the same time,like Mario Kart 8 DX,Pokken Dx Arms and Mario Sports before

Joke's on everyone in this thread.

Lost Reavers/Project Treasure remaster.

The last great Wii U exclusive gets ported across to Switch.

Nevermind new Indie games, I'd just like some dates for indie games already announced. Silksong, Outer Wilds, Neon White, Fall Guys, Sports Story, Oxenfree 2, Omori. All big games with no dates.

Back
Top Bottom