• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Bamco in reorganizing creates new studio focused on Nintendo games

People always want to downplay any positive effect of Nintendo having third party exclusives, they want all third party games to be exclusive to Sony and Microsoft and get angry when Nintendo get bread crumbs third party exclusives which almost never happens any way. You guys are already getting what you want, most third party games are already skipping Nintendo entirely so you shouldn't be upset when a few third party games are exclusive to Nintendo.

People really should stop treating "Nintendo exclusive marketing" as some magic bullet. Octopath 2 showed up in both directs before it released. Nintendo pushed an Octopath 2 demo. They mentioned OT2 various times on their social media.

What exactly are you imagining would have happened marketing-wise that otherwise didn't occur in reality because of the non-exclusivity.

My suspicion is that Octopath 2 sold less because HD2D was no longer an brand new thing drawing peoples interest. That's it.

And it's not like The World Ends With You: Final Remix did amazingly on Switch despite having "Nintendo exclusive Marketing".
Why hate Nintendo third party exclusives? They are almost non existant and most third party games skip Nintendo entirely, so its only fair that Nintendo gamers get a few third party exclusive bread crumbs when everything else only arrives on Playstation and Xbox anyway.

People always want to downplay any positive effect of Nintendo having third party exclusives, they want all third party games to be exclusive to Sony and Microsoft and get angry when Nintendo get bread crumbs third party exclusives which almost never happens any way. You guys are already getting what you want, most third party games are already skipping Nintendo entirely so you shouldn't be upset when a few third party games are exclusive to Nintendo.
lol

lmao even

After this absolutely ludicrous suggestion I'll drop any discussion altogether. It was already rather off-topic for the thread anyways.

Why hate Nintendo third party exclusives? They are almost non existant and most third party games skip Nintendo entirely, so its only fair that Nintendo gamers get a few third party exclusive bread crumbs when everything else only arrives on Playstation and Xbox anyway.

I dislike all exclusives coming from third parties. That's the kind of argument that only has benefits to people arguing console wars like primary school children on the playground.

Something from some third party being switch exclusive doesn't make it a better game, it just means less people get the option to play it, and to pretend that's some kind of plus is downright insane.

I dislike all exclusives coming from third parties. That's the kind of argument that only has benefits to people arguing console wars like primary school children on the playground.

Something from some third party being switch exclusive doesn't make it a better game, it just means less people get the option to play it, and to pretend that's some kind of plus is downright insane.
Third party exclusives are normal, the only thing not normal is Nintendo not having any of those.

Third party exclusives are normal, the only thing not normal is Nintendo not having any of those.

While Nintendo systems generally don't have as many as other systems it doesn't mean they are non-existant. It's up to Nintendo to pay or settle for exclusives and I think they just have a different way of tackling these thing.

Snipperclips, Cadence of Hyrule, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 4, Astral Chains, Golf Story and probably a few others.

But what's normal? It doesn't really mean much. Again, it's up to the publisher striking a deal with the developer(s)

Like others have said I don't think third party exclusives should be cheered on for just for their exclusivity, it's business that doesn't benefit a customer in any way.

I can however stand behind exclusivity if it benefits a certain way of playing a game (Motion controls, Camera function, 3D Gimmick, VR, handheld focussed, etc.)

Throwing in my prediction right now:

Bandai Namco are remaking Pokemon Black/White for 2024 (While Gamefreak are making Legends Unova)

I havent kept up with the rumors, but I belive the consenssus is that Khu said "faithful" remakes are coming, but ILCA arent making them.

In which case, who is devoping them? ILCA was chosen because they developed Pokemon HOME so they were trusted/experienced enough to take the keys to a mainline game.

I think by process of elimination, Bandai Namco feel like they could resonably could be trusted with a mainline game, they've done lots of different varierties of spinoffs (Snap, Pokken, Japanese Arcade games, etc).

Revisiting the thread I see Studio S helping Nintendo with a remake/port of Kid Icarus Uprising for the Nintendo Switch.

Throwing in my prediction right now:

Bandai Namco are remaking Pokemon Black/White for 2024 (While Gamefreak are making Legends Unova)

I havent kept up with the rumors, but I belive the consenssus is that Khu said "faithful" remakes are coming, but ILCA arent making them.

In which case, who is devoping them? ILCA was chosen because they developed Pokemon HOME so they were trusted/experienced enough to take the keys to a mainline game.

I think by process of elimination, Bandai Namco feel like they could resonably could be trusted with a mainline game, they've done lots of different varierties of spinoffs (Snap, Pokken, Japanese Arcade games, etc).
The "Pokemon Team" at Bandai Namco appears to be Harada's Soul Calibur and Tekken team. They were responsible for Pokken and Pokemon Snap. With Tekken 8 releasing next year, I can't see the developers being his team if B&W is releasing next year as well. I can see ILCA making the B&W remakes as they have a relationship with both Nintendo, Pokemon, and Bandai Namco.

Last edited:
The "Pokemon Team" at Bandai Namco appears to be Harada's Soul Calibur and Tekken team. They were responsible for Pokken and Pokemon Snap. With Tekken 8 releasing next year, I can't see the developers being his team if B&W is releasing next year as well. I can see ILCA making the B&W remakes as they have a relationship with both Nintendo, Pokemon, and Bandai Namco.
Apparently ILCA won't be working on another remake according to Khu. It looks like we're getting another new developer for this. But that's a story for another thread.

Revisiting the thread I see Studio S helping Nintendo with a remake/port of Kid Icarus Uprising for the Nintendo Switch.
I don't think it'll ever happen. KI Uprising's main thing is stylus accuracy for shooting, which was the thing the revolutionary difficulty system was based on. Sakurai simply refused to implement Circle Pad Pro controls just because the stylus controls were just too crucial to the game.

Maybe not a remake or remaster but a full re-imagining might happen, with less shooting and more slashing. But there are much better studios for that job than a Namco support studio.

There’s a remake coming so it will be more than those 2.
To be clear, the "remaster" talk came from a mention of remastering background. This could be a remaster of an old game in general, but it could also mean a new game that brings back stages from a prior entry.

Let's see if this means more than just Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
Studio S's side-view action game is probably the next Smash game, so the question is what Studio 2 is working on. Given their past works, it's probably an EPD 9 project.

Back
Top Bottom