• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Anyone else waiting to play TotK on Switch Redacted?

There are literally multiple re-releases of GB games to add GBC support.

The modern idea of a "graphics patch" which takes advantage of more powerful hardware is a pretty new thing, and the only time Nintendo had an opportunity to really do them in the past, it was with New 3DS, which didn't change much wrt the graphics hardware.
Fair, I feel like the color thing is a whole other situation, but I suppose

The person who leaked the DLC for SV said some patch is coming (but they also said winter 23 which even meaning march 24 still feels too soon)

But I just think there's a very real chance the difference is negligible, no different from playing Wii games on Wii U

Fair, I feel like the color thing is a whole other situation, but I suppose

The person who leaked the DLC for SV said some patch is coming (but they also said winter 23 which even meaning march 24 still feels too soon)

But I just think there's a very real chance the difference is negligible, no different from playing Wii games on Wii U
It's unlikely Nintendo is going to take an approach similar to what happened on Wii U. It's very expensive (in general, but especially the way Wii U did it), and shouldn't really be necessary anymore with modern games that run under some level of hardware abstraction. The exact details will likely differ, but I think the way PS5 and XS handle BC should be a decent guide as to what to expect.

Yes, I am waiting for „Redacted“ to play TotK.

From my own thread that has just been closed (sorry, didn’t know there already was one):
I would like to see at least a completely stable 30fps, a higher rendering resolution (1440p with DLSS) and a higher draw distance and texture filtering. I think those aren’t too far fetched if the game receives a patch.

Ideally, although I am skeptical it would happen, I‘d love a complete Deluxe version similar to what happened to GTA5 being ported from PS360 to XBO/PS4. A version that also features more foliage, higher resolution textures, SSR and SSAO.

There are games on Switch that fit the console like a glove, like Luigi’s Mansion 3, Paper Mario and even MK8DX or Smash, whereas Zelda feels like it is constantly screaming „give me more powerful hardware to turn up the sliders“. I wish I could simply ignore these rendering deficiencies and enjoy the otherwise beautiful artwork.

Yes, I am waiting for „Redacted“ to play TotK.

From my own thread that has just been closed (sorry, didn’t know there already was one):
I would like to see at least a completely stable 30fps, a higher rendering resolution (1440p with DLSS) and a higher draw distance and texture filtering. I think those aren’t too far fetched if the game receives a patch.

Ideally, although I am skeptical it would happen, I‘d love a complete Deluxe version similar to what happened to GTA5 being ported from PS360 to XBO/PS4. A version that also features more foliage, higher resolution textures, SSR and SSAO.

There are games on Switch that fit the console like a glove, like Luigi’s Mansion 3, Paper Mario and even MK8DX or Smash, whereas Zelda feels like it is constantly screaming „give me more powerful hardware to turn up the sliders“. I wish I could simply ignore these rendering deficiencies and enjoy the otherwise beautiful artwork.
We're definitely in the same boat.
I've read lots of comments on different forums and those who are used to playing on the other consoles as well, all say that the image quality is quite jarring, as amazing as the game is.
Like you, I'm sceptical but we can dream....

Life has thrown enough my (and tbh the collective world’s) way for me to not wait a minute on playing this – I was a night 1 digital download. I will however still definitely be playing it whenever redacted comes along and will enjoy the graphics bump!

I'm using an mclassic and it cleans up the image a lot, will play it again once drake is out. The game is too good.

Playing it now and I'm glad I didn't wait as the game is awesome.
I will say though, there are definitely times when I'm like I can't wait for Switch 2 to get an enhanced version of this.
The game can look gorgeous in certain areas and lighting conditions, but it's also framey, pretty low resolution and you can even see when it's changing, low detail textures and basically non existant anisotropic filtering. Just by looking slightly in front of Link you can see basically where it extends out to and when the textures start to lose detail.

It's gonna be an amazing looking game on the new hardware when they improve all that stuff.

I'm using an mclassic and it cleans up the image a lot, will play it again once drake is out. The game is too good.
I just got a Samsung S95C and, while the game looks fine as it is, I've read the mClassic improves the PQ in the right conditions; I'm tempted to buy it. The TV supports 1440p/60Hz after all, so it should work.

Back
Top Bottom