• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Man. The discussion online around each new episode of Konosuba is kinda funny. On Crunchyroll you mostly have anime onlys that just enjoy the new season for what it is. But once you get to Reddit, whether the anime or konosuba sub, the comment sections are always full with diehard LN-fans that just spend their time pointing out how the show cut X from the LN, or the Light Novel did y better or z isn't at all how it was in the novels. It's gets a bit tiring.

Still enjoying it a lot though :D

The animation looks super cute, very colourful and expressive. Definitely gonna check it out, even though I've never played the game.
It looks like they're going for a full adaptation based on the trailer, so you should be able to experience the whole main story.

New Ghost in the Shell anime announced.
By Science Saru.
Due 2026 :v

Based on what is known, Science Saru is based on the lighthearted and funny style of the original Shiro Masamune, not the serious style of the Mamoru Oshii version or the Kenji Kamiyama version of the TV, and as a diehard Mamoru Oshii fan I probably won't be looking forward to this adaptation, I liked the Mamoru Oshii version of Ghost in the shell more than the original.

More info on my most anticipated of the summer
Some more fun casting and a new promo pic

Definitely expecting multiple cours on this one, just a question of how many splits. Also PC is the distributor so English announcements is a good sign.

Also feels like the next PV should be the OP theme reveal
I was just coming here to post that trailer, I should have known someone else would have posted the madness already. 😅
Looks so fun right XD

The remake of Spice and Wolf has thankfully been a marked improvement over the original. I am elated a new generation of anime watchers are falling in love with the intoxicating chemistry between Lawrence and Holo.

Train to the End of the World has been delightfully weird, and the banter has been great. Will it stick the landing, though?

I also heartily recommend Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night to anyone who has dabbled in art and the creative process.

I've finished apothecary diaries and I'm currently going through Frieren. Any recs for the next one? Something from the last decade that I probably missed

That reaction when your crush just added a kappa to his group of supernatural friends.
kCCdGdP.jpeg

Train to the End of the World has been delightfully weird, and the banter has been great. Will it stick the landing, though?
Last week's shogi episode was possibly the most unhinged this anime has been so far... and it already went places before :LOL:
I'm also slightly worried about them sticking the landing, especially given how the director's last original anime about young girls making a supernatural journey went but remain optimistic (just wish they'd have more than 12 episodes because I'd loved to see some more of the things they apparently skipped over)

just wish they'd have more than 12 episodes because I'd loved to see some more of the things they apparently skipped over
A full 24 episodes that allows the girls to fully engage in the weirdness of each station in the 7G-warped world would have been ideal. But so far they've been doing alright, so hopefully it still ends up as good overall.

A full 24 episodes that allows the girls to fully engage in the weirdness of each station in the 7G-warped world would have been ideal. But so far they've been doing alright, so hopefully it still ends up as good overall.
Yeah, at least it feels like a "best of" this way, I guess!

I've finished apothecary diaries and I'm currently going through Frieren. Any recs for the next one? Something from the last decade that I probably missed
I recommend Bocchi the rock for a chill show, and Fruits Basket (2019 version) if you want to watch another character and narrative driven anime.

The final arc of Urusei Yatsura starts today. Man i wish this show got a full adaptation. It's just so funny. All the japanese VA are on fire in this.

The final arc of Urusei Yatsura starts today. Man i wish this show got a full adaptation. It's just so funny. All the japanese VA are on fire in this.
Honestly I’m happy it’s a finely polished best of with a lot of the junk removed. There were a lot of repeat plots in the manga so there’s no need to cover everything.

The link isn't working with me. Is there something new with Hyouka?
This is another series by the original author of Hyouka, which was adapted into a TV anime this year (the link can be opened by directly copying the second half of the link itself, don't copy the Chinese)

Noel from "Angel Included" needs to be protected at all costs. This anime continues to be quite wholesome.

This randomly popped up in my Youtube feed

Now I need recommendations with similar vibes to this video. Get to recommending.

Finished watching Bang Brave Bang Bravern. Wow that was so good!! It's not deep or anything but it was just some great fun! Higly recommend it!

Hi! Any opinions on the best way to watch Galaxy Express 999? Film or series? Or just read the manga? I just watched the Night on the Galactic Railroad and am in the mood for more space trains and meditations on mortality.

Dungeon Meshi's penultimate episode kicked a lot of ass. Trigger did justice to Senshi's backstory, even if they had to cut out some development for the mining crew. Really hope season two is sooner rather than later.

Any opinions on the best way to watch Galaxy Express 999? Film or series?
Definitely the series if you want the "meditations on mortality" and character work. The movie cuts a lot of that stuff due to the more limited runtime.

Finished watching Bang Brave Bang Bravern. Wow that was so good!! It's not deep or anything but it was just some great fun! Higly recommend it!
That was a sleeper hit. Fresh take/parody of mecha.

Now I need recommendations with similar vibes to this video. Get to recommending
Maybe Otaku no Video? May be a little too otaku though.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE this manga
and really happy that more people could experience it
but why jan 2025 ??? i want it this year

yeah but i am really sad that it look like 24 episode anime season has extinct now day
There’s a couple large scale adaptions getting multi cours but usually cause it’s a specific arc. Only a few studios can do it and maintain quality these days like production IG and even they do more split cours; David Pro has done the Urusei Yatsura best of as 2 2-cours tho. Case in point, Kinnikuman Perfect Origin Arc seems to be a 4-cour, tho it’s a prestige series, and they’re adapting a 208 chapter arc

917f6d8b88.png

They look so innocent when asleep XD

Still thoroughly enjoying Konosuba S3, even if it's hard carried by Darkness.

Dungeon Meshi's penultimate episode kicked a lot of ass. Trigger did justice to Senshi's backstory, even if they had to cut out some development for the mining crew. Really hope season two is sooner rather than later.
I hope this runs for many seasons but how many do you think we should expect?

Apparently the anime covered about half of the manga with its 24 episodes, so I assume another double cour with ~24 episodes should cover all of it?

Studio Trigger was able to fit the first half of the manga into 24 episodes without cutting out a lot of stuff, and I imagine they can do the same for the latter half. However the plot does tighten up and it’ll be harder to cut out material. But nothing an adaptation can’t fix.

Apparently the first 20 minutes were recently shown at Annecy Animation Festival. I'm not fully convinced from the stills though, kinda looks weird? Kenji Kamiyama directing does make me slightly optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom