• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Weird? I think the designs and lighting look fantastic.
The director has done some good stuff before, including the best episode of Star Wars Visions! So I he's had some experience working with western franchises.

A question to every members in this ST, is there an interest for a thread focusing on animation outside of Japan? Or could we simply talk about any animation project, regardless of the origin, in this very thread.

I've been following this really cool french site/Twitter account called Catsuka, which aims to highlight any animation project the creator happens to find. It's been a thing since 2000, I have discovered a bunch of really cool projects thanks to him. The new hypothetical ST could use Catsuka as a basis to share info about any animated film/series that catches our interest.

What do you think?

EDIT: I made a thread if anyone wants to participate.

Last edited:
A question to every members in this ST, is there an interest for a thread focusing on animation outside of Japan? Or could we simply talk about any animation project, regardless of the origin, in this very thread.

I've been following this really cool french site/Twitter account called Catsuka, which aims to highlight any animation project the creator happens to find. It's been a thing since 2000, I have discovered a bunch of really cool projects thanks to him. The new hypothetical ST could use Catsuka as a basis to share info about any animated film/series that catches our interest.

What do you think?
Make a different thread, let’s just keep this anime. Which does include some coproduction stuff to be fair, but it’s better not to dilute

Gachiakuta anime announced for 2025. Produced by studio Bones
https://gachiakuta-anime.com/
GP6roEBWQAIyqKp

Anime-onlies, what did you think of this first season?
Came for funny food hijinks and TRIGGER, stayed for its hidden depths.

There was a lot of hype behind the anime announcement and I'd say it definitely lived up to it and I'm really happy we'll be getting more of it. Also judging from the few pages I've seen, they really managed to adapt the style of the Manga perfectly.

Last edited:
Good lord I need to go back and watch the older seasons of Reincarnated as a Slime again because they throw so much gibberish at you that I can't keep up. The Kingdom of Farfanoogle hates the monsters of Snarfurgen Forest so they allie with the Holy Knights as Shibiggidy who are secretly being manipulated by the....

I like the show but I feel like they are just throwing out ideas that go far beyond the scope that was originally intended.

I'm completely fed up with Kyoto Animation's cut-and-dried adaptation of Sound! Euphonium, where the original Shuichi and Kumiko's parts were heavily cut and shifted to Kumiko and Kosaka Reina, and Kyoto Animation is very keen on spreading a particular lesbian sensibility to their diehard fans, which you probably can't understand, but otaku culture's 21st-century evolution includes a lesbian sensibility to (Not really lesbianism, but a kind of girl-on-girl ambiguity that mobilizes the otaku community's gaze.) And while Kyoto Animation was undoubtedly one of the pioneers, I'm really fed up with the amount of complexes they've censored this time around by destroying the heteronormative tendencies of the originals to deliberately satisfy the lesbian gaze of their fans.

(Not really lesbianism, but a kind of girl-on-girl ambiguity that mobilizes the otaku community's gaze.)
So I want it on record that I'm the exact kind of 21st Century lesbian-loving otaku you're talking about, who wouldn't bat an eye at the series if it was the 1937892th anime about a guy and a girl in a relationship in a school and has batted an eye purely because of the yuribait.

And also because there are approximately ten even remotely chubby girls in anime and Riko Nagase is one of them. I'm mad about that too but it's not what I'm supposed to be complaining about and anyway it's beside the point. Ahem.

That being said
, studios seem to want to have their cake and eat it too. You'd be a lot happier with no yuri and I'd be a lot happier with lesbian content beyond vague allusions and camera tricks. Doing it like this gives vague dissatisfaction to both of our groups and pleases neither, and almost every studio does it. It's so annoying.

Didn't even realize I was watching the last episode of Angel Included until I got to the closing montage. What a wonderful wholesome series that was. Doubt it'll see a second season.

Since I haven’t been posting anything lately here’s my catch up with a bunch of endings
UY 45
The day the earth got Shroomed. Things have come full circle and Ataru is still an idiot.

Urusei Yatsura -end
Man I'm going to miss these idiots. Pretty perfect thematic end, right with the ending having the classic theme as the background sigh, such a fun run and a perfect upgrade of a classic story in a much more palatable package with most the rough edges removed. I’ll have to rewatch when they dub it

Salad Bowl 11
Yeah that Doll is grade 10 cursed, she was rightfully chased out… tho historically speaking it's not that unheard of for the head hair. Aquarian trip was cute. Livia meets up with the one good influence in her life that opens things up. Chocolate overkill XD

Salad Bowl 12
Cute little ending, Sara conquerer of school. Livia's luck same as ever XD

Tiger Mask W - end
Just a narratively solid ending overall even with the world still moving. All our main characters got their time to shine and develop. Excellent watch overall had a great time.

Grandpa and Grandma turn young - End
Man that hit me too hard in the end DX

Also Nokotan is confirmed multi service!

Back
Top Bottom