• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2.0 Free Update + Happy Home Paradise (€/$ 24.99) announced | Coming Nov. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Geef kip 🐔
Community Liaison
Pronouns
He/Him

See threadmarks for some great summaries of both videos above by @tender. Thanks tender, and thanks @EvilChameleon for threadmarking them!

edit: Stream is up:

So we finally have a date and time. Looking at the runtime of 20 minutes it's looking to be a chonky one. What are you hoping/do you expect to see?

Last edited:
That's 14:00UTC for the people who use normal timezones. (This comment was made when there was only PT in the title)

This should hopefully drag me back into the world of Animal Crossing.

Last edited:
Nice. Curious if they can get me back. It has been a while.

20 minutes is pretty hefty for a single game direct post release

20 minutes 😳 they can say a lot in 5 really, super interested to see how far they go with this update

20 minutes isn't so long when you remember they'll spend at least 10 minutes of it covering each and every gyroid 😂

And boy do I hope they bring gyroids back, I love those weird things.

Excited to see what they have in store.

I see the Welcome Amiibo Direct was 16 mins and that gave plenty of new contact. So hopefully this being 20 mins means they plan for a large and similar update for New Horizons.

Giving everybody 9 days notice for a 20 minute Animal Crossing presentation certainly is an interesting move. I guess they want news to filter through to the huge AC userbase. I'm hoping this is good - I'd like to feel motivated to revisit my island.

As a comparison, the Welcome amiibo Direct was little over 16 minutes and that introduced a lot of new stuff.

I'm looking forward to it. Bringing in Brewster and the Roost is already a step in the right direction and long overdue.

Nice was hoping it would be 20 minutes.
Will be hell waiting a few weeks for the update though

The stream is already up. Hundreds of people are waiting. That's dedication.

The Roost.
Gyroids.
Make seasonal DIYs easier to acquire.
Definitely on the last point. Can't get the goddamn trees bounty arch.

Also would really like more ways to get fruit. I don't know anyone else playing the game so I'm stuck with only three fruits.

20 minutes isn't so long when you remember they'll spend at least 10 minutes of it covering each and every gyroid 😂

And boy do I hope they bring gyroids back, I love those weird things.

Haha nooo, take it back, don't put this out into the world like this. Tom Nook's paw is curling!

As a comparison, the Welcome amiibo Direct was little over 16 minutes and that introduced a lot of new stuff.

Makes me wonder if this Direct will have the same weird vibe. I wouldn’t mind seeing Hisashi Nogami pop up again as another character.

Haha nooo, take it back, don't put this out into the world like this. Tom Nook's paw is curling!

It was either my 3DS or DS town where my basement was completely full with gyroids and gave me ridiculous scores from Happy Home

I bet 15 minutes will be spent describing the beauty of the returning froggy chair.

I kinda fell off Animal Crossing: New Horizons, so I hope there is a lot of new content in this update.

Really hope it’s a huge (2.0/Welcome Amiibo) sized update. I’m dying to return to the game but without new content it’s impossible, hope this can change that.

Really hoping for what is going to be added. I still play daily, but was mainly just shaking trees and trying to fill my museum (can't remember the last time Redd had something that was both real and new to me).
But these news already made me excited enough to start making the changes that I wanted to do on my island.

@Glom let me know which fruit do you need, we can try to set something up to solve this.

Will tune in. Might even pick the game up as I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game before.

Also would really like more ways to get fruit. I don't know anyone else playing the game so I'm stuck with only three fruits.
THIS. At least let us find them on other islands or something. The game is soooo boring right now, and has been for a while.

Can't wait for the Nook Mart and Nook n Go expansions

(save Nookington's for v3.0)
Stuff like this is why I loved the original GameCube game and New Leaf so much. There was a certain joy to seeing the cool new color scheme, the updated hours, the new music, etc.

I kinda hope that they announce an Expansion Pack in this direct, because I think the game needs it, and I'm not sure if free updates can keep content consistent for a while.

Much obliged (as Kicks would say). Apples, pears and peaches is what I'm missing.
If you can wait until the weekend we can sort something, either you come to my island to pick them up, or I can go to yours and give you one of each. DM later so we don't derail the thread 🙂

That’s much sooner then I thought the direct would air! Very awesome, and 20 minutes sounds hefty. Really excited to watch the direct.

I’m ready for KK’s 18 minute cover of Dancing Mad plus a quick look at The Roost.

I really hope this is enough to revitalize the game for my wife and I. She’d been eager to have Brewster but I need quite a bit more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom