• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Alan Wake II |ST| Wake In Fright (UP: The Final Draft out now - New Game+, New Ending, Nightmare Difficulty)

heavy spoiler mode here

do I need to play the entire game again, to experience the Final Draft new ending?

heavy spoiler mode here

do I need to play the entire game again, to experience the Final Draft new ending?
Yes, it is the new game + exclusive ending - there is a final draft menu option to start ng+ - it will also be no doubt posted on youtube etc if you dont want to play again

As much as I enjoyed the game, idk if the replayability is there for me same way it is for basically every RE game. I might just look up this extra stuff up online.

I still have yet to play AW2, but for those who are vinyl enthusiasts and want a tangible piece of the Alan Wake 1 and 2 soundtrack (and Control for good measure), it has the hits

1. The Skald Awakens
2. Dark Ocean Summoning (Alan Wake 2)
3. Children of the Elder God (Alan Wake)
4. The Poet and the Muse (Alan Wake)
5. Balance Slays the Demon (Alan Wake's American Nightmare)
6. Anger’s Remorse (Alan Wake 2)
7. Herald of Darkness (Alan Wake 2)
8. Take Control (Control)
9. The Sea of Night

Last edited:
I got it the other day. Absolutely enthralled by its sheer sense of ambition and intrigue so far.

But dear, is all the Alan sections really this painfully slow paced with extremely obtuse puzzles?

The best GIF I've made all year

2xGRXiC.gif

Just got the “you are entering the end game” message. Hype is just at a fever pitch. What a gosh darn game this is.

Finished this up last night. I guess at this point I should just save any final impressions until after The Final Draft! Can't stop thinking about a new enemy.

The mirrored taken! What a fantastic effect, and I love the way it dispels when you take them out.
ORfgQPR.gif

Finished this up last night. I guess at this point I should just save any final impressions until after The Final Draft! Can't stop thinking about a new enemy.

The mirrored taken! What a fantastic effect, and I love the way it dispels when you take them out.
ORfgQPR.gif
They're great and
while you're fighting them you can see their little water puddle moving around the room, which you can flashlight blast to bring them out of hiding before they grab you - something I didn't realise til end game

Just started the game yesterday. Enjoying it so far, the only bump is that I find the combat to be very clunky and not fun at times.

Just started the game yesterday. Enjoying it so far, the only bump is that I find the combat to be very clunky and not fun at times.
it's definitely survival horror combat that is made purposely more clunky/slow etc... to feel underpowered etc... but you'll get used to it - i think once you're past the first boss you probably will start to feel more comfy with it as you go on - but yeah, a lot of the game is exploration so the combat is not necessarily all there is in the game as well

The only thing that made me happier than seeing Dr. Darling being his old self was going to the writer's room and finding out there are two more videos to find.

Despite my large backlog of games, I bought this (seeing the fantastic sale + coupon deal on the Epic store. I almost feel bad only paying that much lol) and started playing yesterday.

Yeah this is awesome. I'm up to the second Alan chapter, so still early on, but I'm hooked. The atmosphere, environments & storytelling methods are just soooo good. Combat is kinda clunky but visceral and matches the vibes, it's been intense! Sound design and music is perfection. Saga is a great new protagonist. The mixed use of in-game and live action video is very well done. The instant switch to the mind place, writer's room or using Alan's lamp is impressive, especially since the game is so damn gorgeous!

I have an RTX 3080 which I'm used to running anything and everything at very high settings and still getting great frame rates... Not this game lol. But I totally get why, it's stunning. Plus I use an ultrawide monitor which needs additional processing power. I've gone with Digital Foundry's PS5 performance mode equivalent settings as a baseline and then turned on Ray Tracing (aside from path tracing) and getting around 60fps.

I liked the first Alan Wake, mostly for the Twin Peaks vibes. And I loved Control. I'm so glad we have a studio like Remedy that have such a unique, specific vision and stick to it, go all out with it. Really hope this ends up being successful and gets more attention after TGAs and getting quite a few GotY awards elsewhere.

I almost always just play on default difficulty, but decided to bump things up to Hard for The Final Draft. It really changes the dimension of the game! I'm finding myself leaning harder on the survival angle, running from enemies and making good use of the safe havens to lose their trail as opposed to just blastin'. Supplies are tight y'all. About four hours in now.

Aw, where’s the option to turn them shits up?

Patch notes make it seem like crashing issues may be resolved on Xbox. Nice to hear, seems like they hit some people pretty often.

I started Alan Wake 2 last night (with the update already installed) and set the jump scares to reduced intensity (and QTEs to single button presses) right off the bat. Pretty good timing, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom