• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition announced for Switch

bayonetta

Bob-omb
Founder
Bandai Namco is bringing Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition to Switch, the company just announced. We have a confirmed release date of July 11, 2024.

"Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Deluxe Edition, a combat flight sim that first debuted in 2019, “recreates the thrilling experience and explosive action of the original game” on Nintendo’s console. The 2-8 player multiplayer combat will be available, along with other features. Additional DLC not included in the Deluxe Edition is planned to be available to buy after launch."

Did someone say "Namco never ports in house titles to Switch"? This is literally one of few in house namco titles of PS4 generation. No idea why took them so long, Ace Combat on 3DS did pretty well. Thanks to Nintendo themed skins, hopefully they've got some here too.

This is one crucial genre and franchise that was missing from the Switch library. One big step towards being the best ever.

A surprise to be sure but a welcome one. Never played any of the games but I've seen a lot of people wanting the franchise to come to Switch (2). That's pretty cool!

Holy shit

HOLY SHIT

Man, i'm SO TRIPLE DIPPIN'

Wow, is this the first time in a long time an Ace Combat game graces a Nintendo console?

Not the first one. 3DS had an amazing remake of Ace Combat 2 that was hilariously tied to the most infamous game in the series (Assault Horizon) and flopped spectacularly. In fact, said game was re-released as a N3DS compatible version with 2nd stick and Amiibo support.

Hope this runs well. I’ve always wanted to play one of these games. I already listen to the soundtracks enough as it is.

Ahhh, Bamco and late ports of "We say it's not possible" games.

Name a more iconic duo! (Harada and sunshades doesn't count.)

I have never played an Ace Combat game, but I've always been interested in them and have searched for "Ace Combat" in the eshop many times :) So, great news!

Seemingly posted early based on the pirvated video in the article, though they weren't the only outlet.

Uh-oh, did we just get spoiled a big Direct reveal? This could have been the hyped reveal for me there, despite having finished it on PS4.
Not the first one. 3DS had an amazing remake of Ace Combat 2 that was hilariously tied to the most infamous game in the series (Assault Horizon) and flopped spectacularly. In fact, said game was re-released as a N3DS compatible version with 2nd stick and Amiibo support.
It actually did pretty well in Japan as it wasn't tied to Assault Horizon, it had a brand new name (Cross Rumble).

Alright, this is when I finally buy AC7. I was pondering getting it on Xbox a couple of times, but portable Ace Combat seals the deal for me.

Edit: As long as there's a retail release. Would be a shame if they didn't do one.

Did someone say "Namco never ports in house titles to Switch"? This is literally one of few in house namco titles of PS4 generation. No idea why took them so long, Ace Combat on 3DS did pretty well. Thanks to Nintendo themed skins, hopefully they've got some here too.

This is one crucial genre and franchise that was missing from the Switch library. One big step towards being the best ever.
People actually did say that Ace Combat 7 isn’t happening:

Again, third time I'm saying this in this thread: Internal studios of Namco only did 4 games in the whole generation: Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6, Ace Combat 7 and Tales of Arise. We know that Tekken 7 was impossible and Ace Combat 7 is not happening after the sales failure of 3DS game. All that leaves us with Tales of Arise and that's a relatively new game, not even a year old. Let's just wait a little longer for that.

People actually did say that Ace Combat 7 isn’t happening:
Yep, this was the least likely one of all, after Assault Horizon, yet it happened. I actually expected Code Vein or Arise in every Direct but we got.. this! Much better outcome.

But I've always against this silly idea of Harada had something against Nintendo and holding off the games.
(also, are you trying to "gotcha" me, Cyke? that's no fun)

Yep, this was the least likely one of all, after Assault Horizon, yet it happened. I actually expected Code Vein or Arise in every Direct but we got.. this! Much better outcome.

But I've always against this silly idea of Harada had something against Nintendo and holding off the games.
(also, are you trying to "gotcha" me, Cyke? that's no fun)
It's always important to own our L's

It's always important to own our L's
That's a W actually, I've always been the only one who said Namco had nothing against Nintendo. No idea where this theory was originated from but I've seen it on comments on YouTube videos and even Nintendo news sites.

ILCA must have pressed the issue or some shit. Harada supporting Switch? Never
If ILCA did that, shouldn't we also have One Piece Odyssey on Switch?

On a serious note, we know from Imran that Namco tried Tekken 7 but failed. It seems they have tried more than just that but only this year they could make Ace Combat on Switch possible. Some ports take crazy amount of time.

This is absolutely great news.
The only one of these I’ve ever played was on 3DS but I felt it lacked in content.
If Soul Cali and Tekken show up on Switch I’d lose my poop

If ILCA did that, shouldn't we also have One Piece Odyssey on Switch?
Should we? Yea. I figure it's underperformance did a number on porting chances. Combined with reception, there's just not a lot going for it. Ace Combat has financial success and acclaim to help justify just a late port

Should we? Yea. I figure it's underperformance did a number on porting chances.
I feel it's not that big of a factor in porting decision as SAO Last recollection was even bigger bomb and it recently was leaked to be coming to Switch. Namco probably just let the studio decide on target platform, I reckon Switch was never in consideration for One Piece to begin with. SAO was ported by the developer itself, could be that ILCA didn't want to go through with the porting hassle. Sand Land also is skipping Switch.

I feel it's not that big of a factor in porting decision as SAO Last recollection was even bigger bomb and it recently was leaked to be coming to Switch. Namco probably just let the studio decide on target platform, I reckon Switch was never in consideration for One Piece to begin with. SAO was ported by the developer itself, could be that ILCA didn't want to go through with the porting hassle. Sand Land also is skipping Switch.
And ILCA would choose to put their resources towards a game that was a bigger success. I'm sure they sold like to port everything but not everything can make as much sense.

As for Sand Land, it's probably the same story as the many other Bamco late ports.

Will definitely buy. Bad news for the folks who boycott namco games because "harada" or some nonsense from other forums.

I've heard great things about Ace Combat 7 and its soundtrack especially. It's on my radar now, but I'll have to wait and see what else is out around that time.

Pretty good port visually at the first glance. It almost looks the same as the PS4 besides some small LOD and Texture resolution changes. Keep it up Bandai Namco.
Could mean any number of things

1) Trailer wasn't ready for whatever Direct deadline Nintendo needed it by

2) Bandai Namco has something bigger cooking to reveal in the Direct

3) Bandai Namco wants full control over the marketing/doesn't think they'd get anything out of being in the Direct

4) Nintendo marketing thought the trailer wouldn't fit the direct they're planning

I wouldn't overthink this in anyway, other then the obvious. Switch 1 is going to keep getting games for the foreseeable future. The industry wasn't going to cut off a >130 million player base cold turkey, not when it's still providing games to ps4/xb1 3 years after the current gen launched.

Wait whaaaa, I would've totally grabbed it if I didn't already grab it discounted on xbox

Tho when it gets down to that BN $8-12 sale I'll probably bite

All DLCs is nice. There is a note there will be additional purchasable DLCs released jot included so I assume new content.

Is the game still supported with new DLCs on other platforms? If not I wonder if it is Nintendo specific DLC.

Someone said they want gyro. I want it too.

Nice, I am glad I resisted the steam sale this past holiday, will definitely pick this up on switch.

This game is siiiiiiick. Was my first Ace Combat game, wish the rest of the series was available but I guess licensed planes did them in.

Back
Top Bottom