• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News GB/GBC games coming to Nintendo Switch Online, GBA games coming to NSO Expansion Pack (out now!)

mazi

picross pundit

edit:
GB/GBC:
  • Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Gargoyle’s Quest
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus
  • Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
  • Tetris
  • Wario Land 3
Upcoming GB/GBC: Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble, The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Pokémon Trading Card Game

GBA:
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
  • WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$
Upcoming GBA: F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Metroid Fusion

Last edited:
I'm super excited to play all these games I missed out on from the gameboy/gameboy advance. I've heard so many good things about the Zelda games and I want to give them a shot.

Also, Fire Emblem.

So excited for Advance. And now I'm just waiting for Pokemon Presents. They could really just blow the roof off of the value.

I think its safe to asume we are going to get pokemon games alognwith stadiums at the pokemon presents

Six Golden Coins, Wario Land 3 and Superstar Saga are just games of the forever.

I was hoping to play Metroid Fusion too right away but so far, so great.

One of my favorite announcements from the Direct. Legit getting ready to go play Mario 3 and Six Gold Coins. Love those games. XD

Last edited:
So excited for this!
Also hoping for Wario Land 4, and what if, dare I say it... Rhythm Tengoku?

Awesome to finally have these, but am I alone in thinking this is a really bizarre lineup? No Super Mario Land, Wario Land 1 and 2 got skipped for 3, no Donkey Kong, Super Mario Advance 4 over the first three, etc.

Oracle games are coming though, that makes me very happy.

Really glad we're finally getting these. Might be time for another Wario Land 3 playthrough, that is secretly one of Nintendo's best platformers.

Only six games? Come on, lol

4 being Mario games too on GBA. Could’ve done Fire Emblem off the bat too.

Unless a Pokémon presents reveals….😳

I'm going to say there's a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance an announcement of the mainline Pokemon games and Pokemon Stadium Transfer Pak functionality during the Pokemon Day Pokemon Presents.

here's hoping

nice to see the trading card game and Fire Emblem already confirmed as future releases as well I have a lot of nostalgia for both of those

And with that, they finally justified the Expension for me with the GBA games... Took them long enough...

Great announcement, but pretty shitty timing given that you can buy a load of Gameboy games on the 3DS eShop.

Great to see Gameboy Advance finally available though. I do have the 10 GBA Ambassador games, but it's nice to see some new titles available to play at last.

I absolutely would not get my hopes up for mainline Pokémon on this service. TPC knows what they've got, they will be precious about it.

Some interesting picks for OG GB, though. I have Puyo Puyo Tetris but will probably give classic Tetris a shot, surprised they shelled out for licensing.

A real highlight of the Direct. I can't play about with the apps until after work tomorrow but hoping you can change button mapping, and that the SNES and NES NSO controllers work well. Super Game Boy support might have been too much to hope for... But will see... Surely Donkey Kong has to come onto this somewhere down the line?

I'm super excited for the future as the libraries of Game Boy and GBA are massive. So much scope. Hope the drip is more of a regular pour. And will be interested to see which third parties jump on this (Alone in the Dark is proper leftfield).

Me and my partner will be testing out multiplayer Tetris tomorrow. Can't wait!

While I’m really happy we finally have these, but man the starting roster of games is way too small. It’s also bizarre how we got Mario Land 2 and Wario Land 3, but not the previous games at all.

Fire Emblem (Blazing Sword) is enough for me to finally purchase the Expansion Pass. Hopefully the emulation is good. Superstar Saga and F-Zero Maximum Velocity is the icing on the cake.

The colour filters here for GBC and GBA are too aggressive. I really hope that they add an option to tweak them (or remove them entierly) in the future...

GBA games having rumble support is REAL nice though! :D

I'm genuinely impressed by the color-corrected GBC and GBA filters, which they didn't do on the 3DS, unsure if they did on the Wii U.

Those borders are still an eyesore but I can stomach it for Minish Cap.

While I’m really happy we finally have these, but man the starting roster of games is way too small. It’s also bizarre how we got Mario Land 2 and Wario Land 3, but not the previous games at all.

No point beating around the bush, Super mario land 1 sucks and 2 is great. Nobody really wants the first game more, they'll throw it in at some point I presume.

No point beating around the bush, Super mario land 1 sucks and 2 is great. Nobody really wants the first game more, they'll throw it in at some point I presume.
I love the OG as I can finish it in the time it takes to drink a hot cup of coffee and feel like I've had both a good gaming fix and a good caffeine fix.

I'm not an Expansion person but Link's Awakening and Metroid II and Tetris will keep me busy pretending I'm a kid again, and this time I don't have to replace any batteries. The Oracle games also being on the way is great.

Hey mazi, can you add this info to the OP?

GB/GBC:
  • Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
  • Game & Watch Gallery 3
  • Gargoyle’s Quest
  • Kirby’s Dream Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening DX
  • Metroid II - Return of Samus
  • Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
  • Tetris
  • Wario Land 3

Upcoming GB/GBC: Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble, The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Pokémon Trading Card Game

GBA:
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin
  • The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
  • WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$

Upcoming GBA: F-Zero Maximum Velocity, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Metroid Fusion

I love we finally got these, but they definitely could have launched the services with more. Oh well, I'll be happy to play them as they come along.

Thumbs up for not scummily holding the announcement until after the Wii U and 3DS eShops have closed.

Feels like there could've been more games at the start or at least more in the upcoming section.
Yep, it’s very weird considering how big these platforms’ libraries are. Hopefully they release titles way more frequently than they have been for N64 and Genesis.

It was me, Fami. I spent 30 dollars on M&L Superstar Saga on the 3DS last week. That's why Nintendo had to put the game on the service I already subscribe just days after. You're welcome.

Despite the salt, this is super exciting lol Took them long enough

The game selection is a little odd, but everything we got is pretty good. Stoked to start up Link’s Awakening, Metroid II and M + L SuperStar Saga this week

No Mario Land 1 at launch is odd, but I'm happy to see us finally getting to these systems. Should be an exciting year ahead for NSO since we're still missing some N64 stuff.

Pokémon is 100% happening. It was never going to be a part of the first wave because they know it's the biggest gun they have. They'll get to it when they need to generate excitement again.

Also this could explain the weird Pokémon Home update schedule. That makes a lot more sense if it's waiting for an emulated release.

The GBC version of Alone in the Dark being in the opening lineup made me laugh.

Resident Evil GBC prayer circle!

sUV4er6.jpg

interestingly, they've added the same option to play either the NTSC or PAL versions that the N64 app had.
and since they're both handhelds, you don't have to deal with the 50hz nonsense on the emulator either. the speed should be exactly the same across both regions.
i'd recommend taking a quick peek at Link's Awakening DX's French and German translations in particular, as there's a set of unique easter egg names exclusive to them.

(you'll have to click the tweet to see the "MOYSE" one, as Twitter embeds doesn't support multiple videos.)

once again, there's also some JPN-only titles (which can be accessed elsewhere by creating a Japanese account and downloading the regional apps.)
Game Boy gets The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls and Yakuman, while Game Boy Advance gets Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.
they all really should get officially localized at some point. :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom