• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News 35 minute Pokemon Presents August 8th at 6 am PDT

Pyoro dropping eyes, guess most of this might leak ahead of time like the Summer direct did.

35 minutes! Even you try to bloat it with mobile game news, 20 something minutes is left for actual announcements! Something big's coming...
Between GO, UNITE, Masters, Cafe Remix, SLEEP, and maybe even a Smile update I think you've got the times switched.

35 minutes! Even you try to bloat it with mobile game news, 20 something minutes is left for actual announcements! Something big's coming...

How many times are people going to do this to themselves?

If you care about the -not mobile- games, all you'll be getting is a trailer for the ScarVio DLC, and it'll be right at the end in the last 5-10 minutes, and that's an extremely generous time estimate. I guess detective Pikachu as well, but you'd clearly classify that as bloat.

Last edited:
Mobile bloat
S/V dlc bloat
Detective Pikachu 2 bloat
TCG bloat

Could easily take up 25-30 minutes of this presents, I'd love to be wrong

I would not go expecting a big annoucement. Its August and the upcoming slate is full of DLC and DP2.

Youll have to wait till Pokemon day for the big annoucement. So tamper your expectations.

The last one was 25 minutes, so at first I was wondering what could be adding those extra 10 minutes to this presentation. Maybe NSO for the Game Boy games, Mystery Dungeon, a new mainline game (god no).

It wasn’t until reading this thread that I realized Detective Pikachu Returns exists…

Probably Detective Pikachu plus S/V DLC? Neither of which I’m particularly interested in, so…

The last Presents was 25 minutes and was:
  • 2 minutes of Pokémon World Championships talk
  • 2 minutes of Pokémon TCG Classic talk
  • 1 minute of them teasing a stop-motion cartoon
  • 2 minutes of Unite
  • 2 minutes of Café Remix
  • 2 minutes of Masters EX
  • 5 minutes of Pokémon Sleep
  • 9 minutes of Scarlet & Violet news about raids and Go tie-ins, with only the last minute or so being dedicated to a glorified slideshow reveal trailer for the DLC
Yes, we'll get an extra ten minutes, but I expect it to mainly be deep dives into SV DLC and Detective Pikachu Returns.

EDIT: Okay, I actually clicked the teaser, nvm. Cautiously hyped for whatever weird glitch stuff entails.

Going by what's been datamined for that Pokemon Masters game, it's definitely possible that the Masters part of the Presents might be a bit longer than usual.

That flash of neon lights in the announcement has to be a tease, but idk what for. Gives real Detective Pikachu movie vibes, but I can't imagine it'd be anything to do with that.

Edit: rewatching, it's less "neon lights" and more "cyberpunk techno." So now I'm really at a loss.

I get that they take a lot of time for the non console stuff but 35 minutes is pretty much a normal nintendo direct.
They'll probably talk a lot on detective pikachu and the dlc i guess.
The august pokemon presents are usually the weakest though

That flash of neon lights in the announcement has to be a tease, but idk what for. Gives real Detective Pikachu movie vibes, but I can't imagine it'd be anything to do with that.

Edit: rewatching, it's less "neon lights" and more "cyberpunk techno." So now I'm really at a loss.

Cyberpokemon 2077.

Mainly expecting this to be a deeper dive into the DLC, maybe some patch details for fixing the graphical content, and Detective Pikachu.

Stretch would be a new remake (Let’s Go Togepi or B/W) but that’s all I’d hope for in terms of anything new, and even then that would be breaking the release cycle.

35 Minutes, and announced 4 days ahead of time? That's kinda crazy, They must be cookin something. Historically, even with covering all the mobile games, and doing a deep dive into the regular games, they normally land around 20

I dont expect a new Spinoff this year (Detective Pikachu has that covered) or any mainline beyond the DLC.

Curious. Very curious

The neon purple makes me think of the Detective Pikachu movie, but I can't imagine they'd have anything to say about a sequel right now. Maybe it's related to the "Paradox Unova" Khu thing, but that'd be late 2024 at the earliest.

It feels like there haven't been a lot of spinoffs, but this late in the year with DPR in October, it's hard to imagine they'd announce something else. PMD makes sense, though that doesn't usually get a long marketing cycle, and I think we're a bit early to see another Haruki Suzaki game. Maybe another mobile game? Probably not a bad time to start hyping up the old GB games coming to Switch either.

Are we expecting anything new or just updates on what we know is coming with the expansion/Detective Pikachu?

35 minutes doesn't seem too crazy to me if it's mobile updates + anime stuff + the usual weird collab with a big brand + detective pikachu deep dive + scarlet/violet dlc deep dive + potentially one small new mobile or switch spin off announced

It should be noted that the first full day of Worlds will be done when this airs.

Also, I've been kinda hoping for Colosseum and XD ports after rewatching chuggaaconroy's LPs of them recently. Unlikely.

really hard to say. it's focused on the "M" specifically. maybe Mystery Dungeon? and the color scheme and audio makes it feel horror/halloween themed
MissingNo.png

Here's a deep dive into PRESENTS of the past and how they've done the ratio between time and mainline game news covered in that time

Febuary 27th 2023 Presents - 25 minutes: 6 minutes of mainline news (SV DLC)

August 3rd 2022 Presents - 19 minutes: 9 minutes of mainline news (SV DLC)

Febuaray 27th 2022 Presents - 14 minues: 6 minutes of mainline news (bdsp,legends, SV reveal)

August 18th 2021 Presents - 27 minutes: 20 minutes of mainline news (bdsp/legends deep dive)

Febuary 2021 Presents - 20 minutes: 9 minutes of mainline news (bdsp/legends reveal)

June 24th 2020 Presents - 11 minutes: 0 minutes of mainline news (This was just that Pokemon unite reveal one)

June 17th 2020 Presents - 10 minutes: 2 minutes of mainline news (SWSH dlc)

January 2020 Pokemon Direct - 20 minutes: 17 minutes of mainline news (SWSH dlc)

June 2019 Pokemon Direct - 16 minutes: 16 minutes of mainline news (SWSH deep dive)

Febuary 2019 Pokemon DIrect - 7 minutes: 7 minutes of mainline news (SWSH reveal)

Draw what you will

Yeah the glitchiness in the teaser video definitely feels like a hint.

My initial thought on seeing it was Mewtwo (the M appears on its own a couple times, the colour is purpley and the glitch duplicates the letter) but that's entirely baseless speculation. Waiting for it to be something completely different.

Anyway, I'll be watching and hoping in vain for another new Pokemon Snap game

Yeah the glitchiness in the teaser video definitely feels like a hint.

My initial thought on seeing it was Mewtwo (the M appears on its own a couple times, the colour is purpley and the glitch duplicates the letter) but that's entirely baseless speculation. Waiting for it to be something completely different.

Anyway, I'll be watching and hoping in vain for another new Pokemon Snap game
There was a datamined raid for Scarlet and Violet for Mewtwo with the MIghtiest Mark, that also has a special interaction if you bring a Mew.

Mobile talk
Other stuff that I don’t care too much
Detective Pikachu blowout
Pokémon S/V DLC1 full details

With that they can easily fill a 35 minute presentation.

Here's a deep dive into PRESENTS of the past and how they've done the ratio between time and mainline game news covered in that time

Febuary 27th 2023 Presents - 25 minutes: 6 minutes of mainline news (SV DLC)

August 3rd 2022 Presents - 19 minutes: 9 minutes of mainline news (SV DLC)

Febuaray 27th 2022 Presents - 14 minues: 6 minutes of mainline news (bdsp,legends, SV reveal)

August 18th 2021 Presents - 27 minutes: 20 minutes of mainline news (bdsp/legends deep dive)

Febuary 2021 Presents - 20 minutes: 9 minutes of mainline news (bdsp/legends reveal)

June 24th 2020 Presents - 11 minutes: 0 minutes of mainline news (This was just that Pokemon unite reveal one)

June 17th 2020 Presents - 10 minutes: 2 minutes of mainline news (SWSH dlc)

January 2020 Pokemon Direct - 20 minutes: 17 minutes of mainline news (SWSH dlc)

June 2019 Pokemon Direct - 16 minutes: 16 minutes of mainline news (SWSH deep dive)

Febuary 2019 Pokemon DIrect - 7 minutes: 7 minutes of mainline news (SWSH reveal)

Draw what you will

I draw that this will be the longest Pokemon Direct ever

I'm just going to get it out of my system now....

Pokemon games on the GB NSO pretty please.

Extra 10 minutes will be recapping the Pokemon World Championship that just started yesterday 👀

Extra 10 minutes will be recapping the Pokemon World Championship that just started yesterday 👀
A lot of the times the Opening Ceremony for the World Championships have had small reveal trailers showcasing new stuff for the games. (Mega Slowbro in ORAS and Turtonator in SM were revealed there)

So we could get something today itself (Though maybe not because IIRC there is no opening ceremony this time)

Back
Top Bottom