• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic 2022 GOTY Award Tracking and Discussion |ST| Latest update: Elden Ring surpasses The Last of Us 2 as the most-awarded GOTY recipient

mazi

picross pundit
with the goty awards season coming up, this thread can be used to track and post the top of the year lists that different publications and magazines post. thanks to BrickArts295 and ghostcrew from resetera for keeping a tally (link), and to a0mineda1k1 for setting up a new website to track awards (link).

please post the upcoming goty lists here in this thread, they'll be threadmarked and i'll change the title to reflect the latest lists from major publications.

the total so far:
  • Elden Ring - 301
  • God of War Ragnarok - 64
  • Immortality - 6
  • Horizon Forbidden West - 5
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 4
  • Vampire Survivors - 3
  • Pentiment - 3
  • A Plague Tale Requiem - 3
  • Citizen Sleeper - 2
  • Just Dance 2023 - 1
  • The Last of Us Part 1 - 1
  • Need for Speed Unbound - 1
  • Rogue Legacy - 1
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - 1
  • Norco - 1
  • The King of Fighters XV - 1
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - 1
  • Genshin Impact - 1
  • PowerWash Simulator - 1
  • Tunic - 1
  • Marvel's Midnight Suns - 1
  • Sniper Elite 5 - 1
  • Cult of the Lamb - 1
  • Neon White - 1
  • Wordle - 1
  • Stray - 1

Last edited:
Thanks for the thread, mazi!

I don't think I have a horse in this race. Elden Ring is one of the few major gaming experiences I had this year, and I wouldn't say I was over the moon about it (prefer Bloodborne). Just curious to watch and see how things pan out, mainly.

Having not played Ragnarok, I'm team Elden Ring, despite not beating it. Put about 90 hours in, had the time of my life. Only reason I stopped was because work took over my life for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
My personal GOTY is probably gonna be Bayonetta 3, but Elden Ring will take it and deserve it I think

Have to imagine it goes to Elden Ring. The Keighleys generally seem to prefer fresh ideas over “safe” sequels.

Don’t mean that as a knock on Ragnarok either, but it simply doesn’t have the prestige that Elden Ring has as a wildly successful first attempt at an open world Souls game.

Golden Joystick Awards 2022
list of nominees:

all winners were picked by fan vote, except breakthrough award, critic's choice and best performer which were picked by critic.

Best Storytelling: Horizon Forbidden West
Still Playing: Genshin Impact
Best Visual Design: Elden Ring
Studio of the Year: FromSoftware Inc.
Best Game Expansion: Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
Best Early Access Launch: Slime Rancher 2
Best Indie Game: Cult of the Lamb
Best Multiplayer Game: Elden Ring
Best Audio: Metal: Hellsinger
Best Game Trailer: Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
Best Game Community: Final Fantasy XIV
Best Gaming Hardware: Steam Deck
Breakthrough Award: Vampire Survivors
Critic's Choice Award: Elden Ring
Best Performer: Manon Gage - Marissa Marcel in Immortality
Nintendo Game of the Year: Pokémon Legends: Arceus
PC Game of the Year: Return to Monkey Island
PlayStation Game of the Year: Stray
Xbox Game of the Year: Grounded
Most Wanted Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Ultimate Game of the Year:
5. Return to Monkey Island
4. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
3. Horizon Forbidden West
2. God of War Ragnarok
1. Elden Ring

list of nominees:

all winners were picked by fan vote, except breakthrough award, critic's choice and best performer which were picked by critic.

Best Storytelling: Horizon Forbidden West
Still Playing: Genshin Impact
Best Visual Design: Elden Ring
Studio of the Year: FromSoftware Inc.
Best Game Expansion: Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
Best Early Access Launch: Slime Rancher 2
Best Indie Game: Cult of the Lamb
Best Multiplayer Game: Elden Ring
Best Audio: Metal: Hellsinger
Best Game Trailer: Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
Best Game Community: Final Fantasy XIV
Best Gaming Hardware: Steam Deck
Breakthrough Award: Vampire Survivors
Critic's Choice Award: Elden Ring
Best Performer: Manon Gage - Marissa Marcel in Immortality
Nintendo Game of the Year: Pokémon Legends: Arceus
PC Game of the Year: Return to Monkey Island
PlayStation Game of the Year: Stray
Xbox Game of the Year: Grounded
Most Wanted Game: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Ultimate Game of the Year:
5. Return to Monkey Island
3. Horizon Forbidden West
1. Elden Ring
Shocked that arceus was voted best nintendo game.
as for best storytelling, I'm half suprised-not suprised Horizon got it. I guess voting was closed before people had a chance to play GOWR and horizon was the only mainstream game this year with a story people somewhat cared about, because all I heard of the story was that it was underwhelming.

TIME Magazine's top 10 games of 2022

10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
9. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
8. Resident Evil Village: Shadows of Rose
7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
2. Horizon: Forbidden West
1. God of War: Ragnarok

is Time like not playing a single Switch game this year?

Kirby, Xeno 3, Bayo 3? I feel like at least 1 of 3 is better than half of the game on this list right?

7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
Ew, that's a mostly awful list

7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
One remaster and one dlc, not even a full game. This had to be the worst I've seen so far.

7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
Not a single Switch game on the list despite this year having some stellar stuff is pretty awful to me.
Not even having Xenoblade or Bayonetta on a list that even has put a remake and a DLC to fill gaps like there was nothing else released on the year is a shame.

7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
Interesting list. I’ve not played any but want to try out Sifu one day when it’s hits like 15 bucks. And Elden Ring of course, would like to see the talk of the town one day.

Fascinating I’ve beaten Village. But found it mediocre enough to not care about the DLC. I guess I did beat the OG last of us and a prettier looking game isn’t gonna change my opinion on it.

Not a single Switch game on the list despite this year having some stellar stuff is pretty awful to me.
Not even having Xenoblade or Bayonetta on a list that even has put a remake and a DLC to fill gaps like there was nothing else released on the year is a shame.
We're getting back to the "Nintendo is a bad graphics kids' toy and Real Gamez™ are on PS and XB" part of the industry cycle.

7. Sifu
6. The Last of Us Part 1
5. Stray
4. Elden Ring
3. The Quarry
The "I only have a Ps5" list.

Definitely a very Playstation heavy list.
5 Exclusives and the other 5 playable on the system, feels safe to say that's the system they're playing (the most)

I don't think much of the likely award winners, honestly.

It was a pretty weak year.

The "I only have a Ps5" list.

Nintendo has a JRPG-heavy approach this year, so the author's preference is probably not inclined toward them.

It is possible to own a Switch and not love the year it had.

(Now, all that said, Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the runaway best game of the year, IMO.)

I don't think much of the likely award winners, honestly.

It was a pretty weak year.

Nintendo has a JRPG-heavy approach this year, so the author's preference is probably not inclined toward them.

It is possible to own a Switch and not love the year it had.

(Now, all that said, Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the runaway best game of the year, IMO.)

There is also bayonetta 3 which is pure action game though.

It's a very Playstation focused list - in fact, I think every game also has a specific PS5 version. That's not to say it doesn't have value but it's disappointing to see that any game that didn't release on that system has seemingly been overlooked entirely, especially when Time's lists have previously been a lot more well rounded. Maybe that system is all the list compiler had to play games on (not sure if it's a group consensus list or just one writer) - I'm not going to ascribe biases or fanboyism because that'd be silly but it does feel a bit of a weird selection once you notice it.

I'm also raising my eyebrows at Stray's inclusion as the 'top indie' but hey ho, everyone can have their own opinions.

Paste Magazine's 30 best games of 2022

30. Cultic
29. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
28. Metal: Hellsinger
27. Splatoon 3
26. Weird West
25. Horizon Forbidden West
24. The Last Clockwinder
23. PowerWash Simulator
22. Trombone Champ
21. Iron Lung
20. Rogue Legacy 2
19. Xenoblade Chronicles 3
18. OlliOlli World
17. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
16. I Was a Teenage Exocolonist
15. Marvel Snap
14. Soul Hackers 2
13. Stray
12. Cult of the Lamb
11. Wordle
10. Tunic
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Live a Live
7. Neon White
6. Signalis
5. Elden Ring
4. Pentiment
3. Immortality
2. Citizen Sleeper
1. NORCO

30. Cultic
27. Splatoon 3
26. Weird West
24. The Last Clockwinder
23. PowerWash Simulator
22. Trombone Champ
21. Iron Lung
20. Rogue Legacy 2
18. OlliOlli World
15. Marvel Snap
14. Soul Hackers 2
13. Stray
12. Cult of the Lamb
11. Wordle
10. Tunic
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Live a Live
7. Neon White
6. Signalis
5. Elden Ring
4. Pentiment
3. Immortality
2. Citizen Sleeper
1. NORCO
That’s the kind of list I like, lots of stuff for me to check out there

That’s the kind of list I like, lots of stuff for me to check out there
same. paste's lists are always interesting. i'm looking for a big list of good games with some i haven't heard of, not just a list of big 2022 games everyone already knows about.

30. Cultic
27. Splatoon 3
26. Weird West
24. The Last Clockwinder
23. PowerWash Simulator
22. Trombone Champ
21. Iron Lung
20. Rogue Legacy 2
18. OlliOlli World
15. Marvel Snap
14. Soul Hackers 2
13. Stray
12. Cult of the Lamb
11. Wordle
10. Tunic
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Live a Live
7. Neon White
6. Signalis
5. Elden Ring
4. Pentiment
3. Immortality
2. Citizen Sleeper
1. NORCO
No God of War is gonna ruffle some feathers, particularly given the very high placement of certain other exclusive games.

No Pokémon Legends is gonna ruffle some feathers, mine

Interesting list overall, I’d rather this than whatever the hell was going on with TIME

30. Cultic
27. Splatoon 3
26. Weird West
24. The Last Clockwinder
23. PowerWash Simulator
22. Trombone Champ
21. Iron Lung
20. Rogue Legacy 2
18. OlliOlli World
15. Marvel Snap
14. Soul Hackers 2
13. Stray
12. Cult of the Lamb
11. Wordle
10. Tunic
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Live a Live
7. Neon White
6. Signalis
5. Elden Ring
4. Pentiment
3. Immortality
2. Citizen Sleeper
1. NORCO
Good list especially for Indies, but I really cannot understand putting Soul Hackers 2 on any kind of GOTY list. Incredibly mediocre, bland, and forgettable. Easily Atlus’s worst release in many years.

Just waiting for Gran Turismo 7 to show up.

I'm a patient gamer with a massive backlog, so I've only got that, Horizon Forbidden West and Stray and Norco on gamepass. I should play more Norco but got lazy. I'm a lazy gamer tbh.

I love Paste's lists, they jive pretty well with my tastes and also always have a few things I'm not super familiar with that pique my interest

30. Cultic
27. Splatoon 3
26. Weird West
24. The Last Clockwinder
23. PowerWash Simulator
22. Trombone Champ
21. Iron Lung
20. Rogue Legacy 2
18. OlliOlli World
15. Marvel Snap
14. Soul Hackers 2
13. Stray
12. Cult of the Lamb
11. Wordle
10. Tunic
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Live a Live
7. Neon White
6. Signalis
5. Elden Ring
4. Pentiment
3. Immortality
2. Citizen Sleeper
1. NORCO

You can already tell that this is easily going to be the most interesting GotY list we’re gonna get, so many games listed that I’d never heard of before but am now interested in.

entertainment.ie's 10 best games of 2022

10. Horizon: Forbidden West
9. Weird West
8. Sifu
7. Pentiment
6. The Quarry
5. Cult of the Lamb
4. Stray
3. God of War: Ragnarök
2. Immortality
1. Elden Ring

10. Horizon: Forbidden West
9. Weird West
8. Sifu
7. Pentiment
6. The Quarry
5. Cult of the Lamb
4. Stray
3. God of War: Ragnarök
2. Immortality
1. Elden Ring
Another top 10 with zero Nintendo games in it. Just two of them are on Switch. Come on Nintendo, market your games well enough, people don't know even Bayo 3 exists.

The New Yorker's best video games of 2022

in no oder:
  • Elden Ring
  • Immortality
  • Norco
  • Trombone Champ
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • The Case of the Golden Idol
  • Vampire Survivors
  • Marvel Snap
  • Hardspace: Shipbreaker
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Wordle

honorable mentions:
  • Cursed to Golf
  • Hyper Demon
  • Neon White
  • OlliOlli World
  • Pentiment
  • Poinpy
  • Prodeus
  • Roadwarden
  • Signalis
  • Strange Horticulture
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Tunic

Another top 10 with zero Nintendo games in it. Just two of them are on Switch. Come on Nintendo, market your games well enough, people don't know even Bayo 3 exists.
I’m sure people know it exists, the game is just niche. It’s funny how since the Wii U days people have been blaming Nintendo for Platinum’s sales due to a lack of marketing but the truth is that there is so much that Nintendo’s advertising (the most visible in the industry really) can do. Stylish action game are sort of niche, they are basically the (non-Smash) fighting games of single player games. Bayo 2 came out during a very different context, it was during a year deemed as “one of the worst” because there was nothing to justify people’s PS4/X1 purchases. That’s why it had its place in GOTY lists, it didn’t have much competition. Bayo 3’s context is very different because on top of having much more 2022 games that are receptive to GOTY nods, the whole situation about the game made it so people just don’t want to talk about the game anymore. At first you had the voice actor situation which made Nintendo and Platinum look greedy, even after this was rectified it didn’t get the traction it initially had. Then once the game actually came out you had some of the biggest gaming media saying that the game was sexist. Nintendo funded this series because on top of getting a wider genre variety on their platform, they probably thought it was a good fit to have a game from a series and genre that has a very passionate fanbase. They weren’t expecting to sell multiple millions or get GOTY awards.

Speaking of, while it was a busy year for the Switch (with a lot of great late ports), the truth is that none of the first party developed or published games this year are receptive to GOTY awards, this is simply how it is. Kirby was never up there in terms of critical reception, its step into 3D isn’t even that striking as it’s still a basic action game with a fixed camera. It didn’t really change the game like other Nintendo series going 3D did. What else was there, you had SRPGs, iterative multiplayer sequels, one musou spinoff. You also had Xenoblade 3 which is a sequel to two other 100 hour games which makes it naturally unappealing for GOTY awards. That’s not even mentioning the auto attack battle system which makes it fundamentally unfun to a lot of JRPG fans, hence why Xenoblade is never getting as big or acclaimed as FF/Pokemon/Persona. Speaking of Pokemon, we had two games this year which looked so rough that regardless of sales or fan reception, those were never getting GOTY noms. For a game to get this kind of recognition despite being from a more niche genre, it needs to basically transcend the initial appeal of its genre, kind of like Hades did. First party Switch games in 2022 simply didn’t have this kind of impact

Anyway it’s not like Time Magazine is relevant, they fumble their GOTY lists just like they have been fumbling person of the year for multiple decades now. Had to google where entertainment.ie was from. GOTY lists are just these outlets generating clickbait for their audience. On one hand you have lists like Time which look like an AI generated list of peak Google trends/MC scores for PS5 games, on the other you have Paste which is so different from the norm that they not only snubbed GOW, but also had four text adventures on the top 4 right over the consensus GOTY and top rated game (not judging as I have no opinion on any of these games, it’s just kind of funny).

I’m sure people know it exists, the game is just niche. It’s funny how since the Wii U days people have been blaming Nintendo for Platinum’s sales due to a lack of marketing but the truth is that there is so much that Nintendo’s advertising (the most visible in the industry really) can do.
Oh, there are so much they can do with advertising. Games like Xeno 3 and Bayo 3 remain as "niche" as they receive only the fraction of publicity Mario receives. Ok, Mario is huge, it deserves that marketing but both Xeno and Bayo are pretty high budget games in Nintendo's standards. Both of these games deserved billboards, TV spots and Times Square neon ad as much as Mario does. If Sony can easily bring new IP's out of nichedom with gigantic marketing campagins, so can Nintendo.

Yeah..pretty much. i liked this year, but it was definitely not a mind blowing year in terms of GOTY/GOAT.
Legends was the most fun pokemon made me have i a decade...but it was still rough, and Gen 9 is even rougher and simply not finished (from a gameplay perspectiv as well...its functional, but obviously not fine tuned)
Im one of those that find the battle system of Xenoblade really unappealing.
The world seems interesting, the scope seems cool... but i cant play 100 h of a game i find boring to play.

Kirby was a great game, but it felt ... basic? kinda like Tripple Deluxe before there was robobots.
Minigames where not as great as some of the old ones, the amount of skills was kinda on the lower end (and many of them did not have multiple moves). Great game, will replay it in the future (actually... maybe around Christmas), but not GotY material. HYPED for the Sequel!

Bayonetta 3 seems... a) technically limited, b) divisive in some aspects. From an outside perspective it seems unfocused, but haven't played it yet.

in no oder:
  • Elden Ring
  • Immortality
  • Norco
  • Trombone Champ
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Vampire Survivors
  • Marvel Snap
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Wordle

honorable mentions:
  • Cursed to Golf
  • Hyper Demon
  • Neon White
  • OlliOlli World
  • Pentiment
  • Poinpy
  • Prodeus
  • Roadwarden
  • Signalis
  • Strange Horticulture
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Tunic

Finally Gran Turismo 7 makes an appearance. The game is great and blows GT Sport out of the water. Literally my only complaint is that there is no modern Corolla for me to play around with.

To expand on this, I ve been a fan of GT type games for a long time, ever since Sega GT on the original Xbox. I didn't have a playstation 1 or 2, so came to Gran Turismo late during the PS3 era. Best Gran Turismo I've ever played and the best Sim racer I've ever played.

If you like digital Car collecting, tuning, skills tests or even a passing interest in motorsport and the history of automobiles, it's a no brainier. Looks and runs amazing on a PS4 to boot. Progression is very well paced, it's super friendly to newcomers and shock of all shocks, it even has a "just for funnizes" music racing mode.

I know there was a some outcry over the online economy portions of the game, don't let that keep you from it, as you can completely ignore it.

in no oder:
  • Elden Ring
  • Immortality
  • Norco
  • Trombone Champ
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Vampire Survivors
  • Marvel Snap
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Wordle

honorable mentions:
  • Cursed to Golf
  • Hyper Demon
  • Neon White
  • OlliOlli World
  • Pentiment
  • Poinpy
  • Prodeus
  • Roadwarden
  • Signalis
  • Strange Horticulture
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Tunic
This is a good list with some great picks, although... Cyberpunk? Why include that at all; just because it's been patched and is better now doesn't make it a game that came out this year, seems odd

Yeah..pretty much. i liked this year, but it was definitely not a mind blowing year in terms of GOTY/GOAT.
Legends was the most fun pokemon made me have i a decade...but it was still rough, and Gen 9 is even rougher and simply not finished (from a gameplay perspectiv as well...its functional, but obviously not fine tuned)
Im one of those that find the battle system of Xenoblade really unappealing.
The world seems interesting, the scope seems cool... but i cant play 100 h of a game i find boring to play.

Kirby was a great game, but it felt ... basic? kinda like Tripple Deluxe before there was robobots.
Minigames where not as great as some of the old ones, the amount of skills was kinda on the lower end (and many of them did not have multiple moves). Great game, will replay it in the future (actually... maybe around Christmas), but not GotY material. HYPED for the Sequel!

Bayonetta 3 seems... a) technically limited, b) divisive in some aspects. From an outside perspective it seems unfocused, but haven't played it yet.
In all honesty Bayonetta 3 is too ambitious for the Switch's hardware. Platinum did good with what they had to work with. But I kind of wish Nintendo would have saved Bayo 3 for whatever the Switch successor will be.

The environments suffer visually, because there's so much more going on screen than previous entries. Much larger open areas, demon slave mechanic that you can switch between 3 demons on the fly, destructible environments, huge enemies on screen, some of the environments instantly change, all these things going on while trying to target 60fps.

The gameplay is phenomenal though. There's so much depth to the combat with all the different weapons, demons, etc. The combat also feels fast and fluid, despite some performance issues.

It's definitely was one of the better releases this year and a top tier character action game. The whole Hellena Taylor situation painted the game in a bad light, even after more info came out, proving otherwise. The damage was already done.

In all honesty Bayonetta 3 is too ambitious for the Switch's hardware. Platinum did good with what they had to work with. But I kind of wish Nintendo would have saved Bayo 3 for whatever the Switch successor will be.

The environments suffer visually, because there's so much more going on screen than previous entries. Much larger open areas, demon slave mechanic that you can switch between 3 demons on the fly, destructible environments, huge enemies on screen, some of the environments instantly change, all these things going on while trying to target 60fps.

The gameplay is phenomenal though. There's so much depth to the combat with all the different weapons, demons, etc. The combat also feels fast and fluid, despite some performance issues.

It's definitely was one of the better releases this year and a top tier character action game. The whole Hellena Taylor situation painted the game in a bad light, even after more info came out, proving otherwise. The damage was already done.
It is still on my to play list, but it came out in the same time frame as Nier, and that one was on my wishlist for...since the game release and was the switch was only announced. (and it was 40$...)
I did not like the framing/setting of Bayonetta 3 (im not a "multiverse" fan, in any way, it always to me seems like a cheap way to try out all stuff without comiting to it...in this case different bayonetta designes)
The inspiration obviously came from kamijas inspiration of Superhero comics and sentai. (i dont imply it copied the MCU, for that it was to far into development already when this phase started, but comics had the concept since...forever)

is the combat probably fun? sure. I really don't care for the kaiju battles, but it seems that kamija is fascinated of this concept (from smal elements in bayo and W101, to the one bossfight in Nier, to Scalebound to Project G.G. and Bayonetta 3).

Bayonetta has had one problem that held it back big time: It started out on XBox360/PS3.
Yeah, Wii U and Switch are Stronger, but its not a generational jump. So the ambitions grew on the side of the developer while still kinda being on a comparable level to the first one for a decade.

Enviromental instant changes: DmC had that, but they had the hardware in mind while designing it.
Platinum obviously pushed to far.

I will play it next year and probably will have fun with it.
But for a game of the year it has to also meet the zeitgeist.
Technically it missed because of ambition,
story wise its kinda played out (i assume from what i gathered), but that's just bad lick with other releases. The drama did not help.

Digital Trends's 10 best video games of 2022

10. Bayonetta 3
9. Vampire Survivors
8. Stray
7. Marvel Snap
6. The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
5. God of War Ragnarok
3. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
2. Immortality
1. Elden Ring

honorable mentions:
  • Neon White
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
  • OlliOlli World
  • Cult of the Lamb
  • Pentiment
  • The King of Fighters XV
  • Teardown
  • The Entropy Centre
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus
  • MultiVersus

Slant Magazine's 25 best video games of 2022

25. Live A Live
24. Escape Academy
23. Metal: Hellsinger
22. Bayonetta 3
21. Marvel Snap
20. The Entropy Centre
19. We Are OFK
18. Dying Light 2
17. Nobody Saves the World
16. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
15. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
14. Pentiment
13. Faith: The Unholy Trinity
12. Signalis
11. Wayward Strand
10. Betrayal at Club Low
9. Norco
8. Vampire Survivors
7. Horizon Forbidden West
6. Patrick’s Parabox
5. Tunic
4. Neon White
3. God of War: Ragnarok
2. Elden Ring
1. Immortality

25. Live A Live
24. Escape Academy
23. Metal: Hellsinger
22. Bayonetta 3
21. Marvel Snap
20. The Entropy Centre
19. We Are OFK
18. Dying Light 2
17. Nobody Saves the World
16. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
15. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
14. Pentiment
13. Faith: The Unholy Trinity
12. Signalis
11. Wayward Strand
10. Betrayal at Club Low
9. Norco
8. Vampire Survivors
7. Horizon Forbidden West
6. Patrick’s Parabox
5. Tunic
4. Neon White
3. God of War: Ragnarok
2. Elden Ring
1. Immortality

Glad to see Patrick's Parabox get some recognition. It's a brilliant puzzle game, and it's also coming to Switch at some point.

I hope someone makes a new aggregator. The current one is down and the ERA member who was over it went MIA. He was also kinda sus.

I hope someone makes a new aggregator. The current one is down and the ERA member who was over it went MIA. He was also kinda sus.
yeah. it's a shame what happened to gotypicks. the new guy just copied all their work, insisted on not giving credit, and i have to assume the people who ran the old blog just said fuck it once they saw people using the new one instead. it must suck to do this hard and thankless work for years only to see some rando come up and steal your work and get all the credit.

and now his site is down and i doubt gotypicks will pick up their work after two years.

Last edited:
Finally, a list with Bayo 3 in it. Not in top 10 but still there nonetheless.

But no Kirby or Xeno 3. Is there a unspoken rule of putting only one Nintendo published game in these lists?

yeah. it's a shame what happened to gotypicks. the new guy just copied all their work, insisted on not giving credit, and i have to assume the people who ran the old blog just said fuck it once they saw people using the new one instead. it must suck to do this hard and thankless work for years only to see some rando come up and steal your work and get all the credit.

and now his site is down and i doubt gotypicks will pick up their work after two years.
Damn I didn't know about that. I was mostly just talking about the fact that his post history on ERA was literally just him actively shitting on anything not a PlayStation exclusive.

NME's 20 best games of 2022

20. A Plague Tale: Requiem
19. We Are OFK
18. Bayonetta 3
17. Metal Hellsinger
16. Rollerdrome
15. Pentiment
14. Hardspace: Shipbreaker
13. As Dusk Falls
12. Neon White
11. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
10. Immortality