• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Zelda could be coming to Universal Theme Park (Gartooth as OG Source)

ziggyrivers

thunder
Pronouns
He/him/his
ORIGINAL SOURCE:

Last edited:
Was it already posted? 🫠

I posted it in Nintendo General then got blasted there because theme parks are associated with JKR or so I've been told.

Good warning for the community here to be careful discussing Nintendo theme parks on famiboards.

Hey Universal, how about you stop building shit i wanna visit, and instead make it possible for me to visit the already built shit i wanna visit here in Europe somewhere?

I really wanna go to Nintendo World, but i don't wanna have to travel to the USA or Japan for doing it, you know?

Hey Universal, how about you stop building shit i wanna visit, and instead make it possible for me to visit the already built shit i wanna visit here in Europe somewhere?

I really wanna go to Nintendo World, but i don't wanna have to travel to the USA or Japan for doing it, you know?
I read that Universal wants to buy the largest and most famous theme park in Spain (Port Aventura). So maybe that means something.

Btw in that park there is an Uncharted roller coaster and it's pretty funny haha

A Zelda ride sounds exciting, but at USJ specifically there is only so much space so I wonder if it will ever get to the point where US has Nintendo attractions that Japan doesn’t which would be very ironic.

OP not only not creditting Gartooth, but crediting Stealth of all people. Yikes x1000 at least.

I read that Universal wants to buy the largest and most famous theme park in Spain (Port Aventura). So maybe that means something.

Btw in that park there is an Uncharted roller coaster and it's pretty funny haha

Well, Spain would be a viable compromise. I mean, when i'm saying "I wanna go", it's realistically spoken the fam wants to go, which means travel costs for two adults, one grumpy teenager and two not-yet-grumpy-not-yet-but-soon-teenagers, so 5 people.

US and Japan would be madly expensive.

This has been rumoured for a long time now, but to see Aonuma there surely means that something official is on the way

Mario Maker 3

GEqJitzbsAAaJSc

Wow Universal took down the original video on Instagram where they were spotted. Maybe Nintendo gave them a call... :censored:

Awesome!!! Where's Yoshio Sakamoto? He's gotta be just out of frame, right? Haha. 🙂

🤡

Awesome!!! Where's Yoshio Sakamoto? He's gotta be just out of frame, right? Haha. 🙂

🤡

It is believed Miyamoto is also in the picture next to Aonuma and wearing glasses. That specific photo has a hand in front of his face so it's harder to see.

Discussion of Harry Potter is banned on Famiboards. Please refer to the banned content list in Research and Development. - meatbag, big lantern ghost, mariodk18
I’m gonna miss the Poseidon show 😭
tbh while Harry Potter was the right business move that ushered in a new era for Universal, I always did feel IOA lost a bit of its soul when half of the Lost Continent (Merlinwood) was demolished for it, even Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge eventually bit the dust, understandable because it lost its defining feature and was generally now very out of place in Hogsmade, but still. Tis' how I feel about the other half of LC, it's definitely time to take it out of its misery but it's still kinda sad to see how the most original and creative area in all of UOR eventually got phased in favor of more IPs over the years.

Glad Universal made a tribute to it with last year's Halloween Horror Nights, at least.

I mean it could be but if Aonuma was traveling with Miyamoto he would sure visit the park with him.

Gonna be real fun to watch these various Nintendo properties come to life over the years at different Universal parks. Surprised we don’t already have a Metroid dark ride.
It‘s too bad that I can‘t experience them that easy, as long as Universal skips Europe with their theme parks.

Gonna be real fun to watch these various Nintendo properties come to life over the years at different Universal parks. Surprised we don’t already have a Metroid dark ride.
Rides are expensive and take a lot of time to get made (Granted, Universal is faster with their process than Disney has been, but the theme park industry moves very slowly). It's very unlikely Metroid will get any kind of ride in the next decade, if ever, considering how small of an IP it is in comparison to Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

If we get rides/attractions for any more properties outside of those three I'll probably be Animal Crossing and maybe Splatoon.

Rides are expensive and take a lot of time to get made (Granted, Universal is faster with their process than Disney has been, but the theme park industry moves very slowly). It's very unlikely Metroid will get any kind of ride in the next decade, if ever, considering how small of an IP it is in comparison to Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

If we get rides/attractions for any more properties outside of those three I'll probably be Animal Crossing and maybe Splatoon.
It's a real shame, there is a lot you could do with a Metroid dark ride. Equipable arm cannons, maybe a target range. God imagine going through Zebes.

After Villian Con, I wouldn't trust Universal with a shooting ride.
If anything, Metroid would make a really awesome obstacle course or something like that.

After Villian Con, I wouldn't trust Universal with a shooting ride.
If anything, Metroid would make a really awesome obstacle course or something like that.

They should just make a Halloween Horror Nights maze out of it for one year lol. Maybe they could base it on Metroid Fusion and get really gross with the X parasite mutations (providing if Nintendo/Sakamoto/etc would allow them to)

So looking forward to going to Universal next year (hopefully)!

Great work @Gartooth

Thank you!

I dont want to take all the credit, this came about from a community sleuthing in a private server. I just figured once people started to notice Miyamoto and Aonuma that Nintendo fans would be excited so I posted it publicly here.

I also want to give a shout out to Alicia Stella of Parkstop who's a great reporter and really knowledgable about theme parks. She did a great story just a while back about rumors like Zelda land that are cooking at the parks. She had also noticed the video for Universal recruitment staffing which has the Aonuma & Miyamoto cameo in it.

If anyone is interested in following the construction updates to Epic Universe like I have been, this is a great Youtube channel.

Things are already coming together even though it is a year out. One of the new hotels is scheduled to open next January already.

Zelda section was always a question of when and not if, so this is a neat discovery. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re trying to get something done by the time the movie hits theaters (even though they are working with Sony on that).

Honestly for Sci-Fi nintendo, I think Star Fox or F-Zero fits better in a theme park than the isolation-focused Metroid. Like, an F-Zero or Star Foxed themed Roller Coaster could get a lot of milage. Particluarly Star Fox having a "dueling coaster" simulate a dog fight could be really cool.

Back
Top Bottom