• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club You're in charge of casting for the Zelda movie

Arnold Swarzanegger as Link
The Rock as Navi
Weird Al as Ganondorf
Donald J Trump as Tingle
Charlize Theron s as Zelda

Chris pratt As epona

Honestly though I hope they cast children as link and zelda, id like to see a more wind waker style take on the characters
I am definitely with you in this one. Adult link cast is going to be hard to swallow for a lot of fans.

Christian Convery is a good candidate.

Anya Taylor Joy as Zelda

Jack Black as the head carpenter guy who shouts CAAAAWW

Charles Dance as Ganondorf

Ellie Kemper as Cucco Lady

Dave Bautista as Darunia

Maggie Smith as Kotake/Koume

James Earl Jones as the voice of the Great Deku Tree

Jim Carey as the Happy Mask Salesman

Cate Blanchett as Impa

J. K. Simmons as Ingo

Titus Burgess as inexplicably camp King Zora
I... honestly would hat enothing more then this. not because of specific pics, but thats not a "zelda movie", thats an "ensemble cast" movie with zelda in its name. Those life by the big names, and are mostly there for the actor to shine as what they are, and less so the story, world and characters.
I get the comedy of jim carey as a mask salesman... and he does have the outbursts... but its a different flavor, + the mask sales men would then be another interpretation of jim carey. I want a new creepy dude, or somebody we see seldom, that's less instantly recognizable for me to be able to immerse myself.
Eddie Murphy as Link.
Eddie Murphy as Zelda.
Eddie Murphy as Ganondorf.
Eddie Murphy as Navi.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Granny.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Grandpa.
Eddie Murphy as Linkle.
Eddie Murphy as Link, the dog.
Eddie Murphy as Grumpy Goron.
Eddie Murphy as Zora Diva.
Daniel Day-Lewis as Soldier in the Back Alley.
...that one would actually be great. While all the more "serious" castings are just a bad hollywood movie, this one would be a surreal meta fictional masterpiece and the first real implementation of a jokes thats now decades old.

I don't have a list yet, but I read through all of your suggestions and I had a giant smile on my face.

walker-scobell-percy-jackson-5-things-ftr-.jpg

Could see Walter Scobell from the upcoming Percy Jackson Disney+ series working
ChristianConvery_FeaturePic.png

Def agree on Christian Convery (esp when he's 15/16 by the time it starts filming)

Finally

Liam Neeson as Ganondorf

Same nose!
I was thinking of him in my fan cast, but he’d be too old.

Christopher Lee would have been an awesome voice for Ganondorf. For live action, Nintendo should aim younger so the actor can also perform the fight scenes. Henry Cavill has the build for Ganondorf. Dave Bautista is also a very large man though he’s 54.

I don’t really know many young actresses. I imagine Nintendo will look for someone from the United Kingdom. My first thought was Millie Bobbie Brown. She’s still pretty young.

Link is difficult to cast given we don’t know if Nintendo wants him to speak. Maybe just cast an unknown.
Ganondorf doesn’t have to be big, tho. He’s not that big in OOT, unlike his WW, TP and TOTK variants

Nick Offerman as the King of Hyrule

NickOfferman570.webp
That’s actually a good casting!

Anywho, this is my fancast:

I don't have any good ideas to contribute but I just want to say that I got sick of the Tom Holland and Chris Pratt jokes as soon as I read the announcement.

Edit: Mia Goth as Zelda
Nobody suggested Ryan Reynolds?

Ganondorf doesn’t have to be big, tho. He’s not that big in OOT, unlike his WW, TP and TOTK variants
Wait, what? Ganondorf is officially over 7’ tall in Ocarina of Time and absolutely shredded. Maybe Nintendo 64 graphics don’t portray this as well as the official art. Homeboy has very defined muscles.

Nintendo can cast whoever it wants so Ganondorf doesn’t have to be big. If it chooses to adhere to the source material and doesn’t resort to forced perspective or CGI, Ganondorf should be played by a large human man.

Wait, what? Ganondorf is officially over 7’ tall in Ocarina of Time and absolutely shredded. Maybe Nintendo 64 graphics don’t portray this as well as the official art. Homeboy has very defined muscles.

Nintendo can cast whoever it wants so Ganondorf doesn’t have to be big. If it chooses to adhere to the source material and doesn’t resort to forced perspective or CGI, Ganondorf should be played by a large human man.
I meant large as in muscular 😬 My bad. Ganondorf can have an athletic build, versus a thicc one, is what I meant to say.

Zendaya as Zelda
Josh O'Connor as Link
Mike Faist as Ganondorf

Wait a minute...

Last edited:
for the record I hate this and don’t want it to exist

but if I have to concede to the topic… the only recommendation that doesn’t fill me with rage or disgust is Nick Offerman as King Miscellaneous of Hyrule

Put me in team Jason Momoa for Ganondorf. Young enough to play the part if they're keen on continuing this nightmare with sequels, has the physical built and height, and he can look and act sinister enough.

Eddie Murphy as Link.
Eddie Murphy as Zelda.
Eddie Murphy as Ganondorf.
Eddie Murphy as Navi.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Granny.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Grandpa.
Eddie Murphy as Linkle.
Eddie Murphy as Link, the dog.
Eddie Murphy as Grumpy Goron.
Eddie Murphy as Zora Diva.
Daniel Day-Lewis as Soldier in the Back Alley.
for some reason I see this list and immediately hear The Guess Who’s 1970 hit song “No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature”

Eddie Murphy tonight in my coffee
Eddie Murphy tonight in my tea
Eddie Murphy to stand beside me
Eddie Murphy to run with me…

Put me in team Jason Momoa for Ganondorf. Young enough to play the part if they're keen on continuing this nightmare with sequels, has the physical built and height, and he can look and act sinister enough.
maybe I’m misunderstanding but I feel like 44 isn’t necessarily young in human actor years

Taylor Russell as Zelda
Timothy Chalamet as Link
Michael Stuhlbarg as Ganondorf

Hmmm, not quite right.

Dakota Johnson as Zelda
Tilda Swinton as Link
Tilda Swinton as Ganondorf

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Taylor Russell as Zelda
Timothy Chalamet as Link
Michael Stuhlbarg as Ganondorf

Hmmm, not quite right.

Dakota Johnson as Zelda
Tilda Swinton as Link
Tilda Swinton as Ganondorf

Hmmmmmmmmmm
we only get Tilda Swinton Ganondorf if Bong Joon-ho directs this

wait shit Bong Joon-ho should direct this

Chris Prat as Link
Chris Prat as Ganondorf
Chris Prat as Zelda
Chris Prat as Navi
Chris Prat as Impa

We should have stopped him at the Mario Movie. He’s grown too strong now.

The last time i watched Stargate was when it had Kurt Russel.
you are the first and last person I know who watched Stargate when it was a movie

anyways, Link should be played by a wet rock

It's kinda hard since the cast would change a lot depending on the game(s) chosen, but if we keep it basic with adult Link/Zelda, my dream fancast would go:

Link: Choi Woo-shik
Zelda: Emma Watson
Ganondorf: Idris Elba
Great Fairy: Jinkx Monsoon
Anyone being the main Gerudo leader: Lupita Nyong'o
Tingle: Mark Proksch
The voice of the annoying flying fairy: Kate Micucci

I think relative unknowns would probably be the best for Link/Zelda, especially if they go younger. Someone around mid-to-late-teens now may be a good choice so they'll remain youthful looking for multiple movies, depending on when they actually start filming.

Realistically: Not a single soul that's readily named by the general public. You make a fantasy movie, you want people to be able to be drawn in by the characters and world. You don't want them being immediately taken out of it by thinking of other, non-Zelda series characters or the actors themselves instead.

Alternatively: Everyone is Jaleel White. Dude's got range.

Nana Mizuki as Link
Arin Hanson as Tingle
Vinny Vinesauce as Ganondorf

I'd like a total unknown as Zelda.

Numan Acar - Gannon
Anya Taylor-Joy - Zelda
Austin Butler - Hero of time
The only choice that feels right, each having a part of the tri-force in their names."Legend of Zelda : Era of Chaos - The Hyrulian Civil War."The introduction to the interlopers and the Filling of the timeline void to establish hero of time origins and the royal downfall before "Ocarina of time" (voted #1 video game in history)
Any other storyline arc would be a waste of time and resources.

Buster Keaton - Link
Greta Garbo - Zelda
Max Schreck - Ganondorf

I don't know shit about silent movies, I just wanted to make the joke.

Back
Top Bottom