• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club You're in charge of casting for the Zelda movie

bixente

Tingle
Let's see your picks

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
And anyone else you fancy

Mine?

I'm drawing a blank atm...

Kaepora Gaebora voiced by Sir Patrick Stewart

8ba2277d563be56ae4d2262f0eb6542b831f3805_hq.gif

There's actually a good chance that Will Ferrell gets cast as Ganondorf. He was in The Lego Movie and Barbie as the big bad guy, he'd probably enjoy adding Zelda to that list.

I don't know enough about actors and actresses to guess who could be Link and Zelda, so i'll just throw out two recent names that I've heard. Timothée Chalamet as Link and Olivia Rodrigo as Zelda.

There's actually a good chance that Will Ferrell gets cast as Ganondorf. He was in The Lego Movie and Barbie as the big bad guy, he'd probably enjoy adding Zelda to that list.

I don't know enough about actors and actresses to guess who could be Link and Zelda, so i'll just throw out two recent names that I've heard. Timothée Chalamet as Link and Olivia Rodrigo as Zelda.
I’m glad you were joking about Will Ferrell playing Ganondorf

Anya Taylor Joy as Zelda

Jack Black as the head carpenter guy who shouts CAAAAWW

Charles Dance as Ganondorf

Ellie Kemper as Cucco Lady

Dave Bautista as Darunia

Maggie Smith as Kotake/Koume

James Earl Jones as the voice of the Great Deku Tree

Jim Carey as the Happy Mask Salesman

Cate Blanchett as Impa

J. K. Simmons as Ingo

Titus Burgess as inexplicably camp King Zora

I don't have any good ideas to contribute but I just want to say that I got sick of the Tom Holland and Chris Pratt jokes as soon as I read the announcement.

Edit: Mia Goth as Zelda

The movie will actually star Miyamoto himself as the lead and it will be played out like a DnD session.

Please not Tom Holland as link please... even though it would be better casting than Uncharted.

Not super keen on live action over animated in the first place.

Link: Rupert Grint
Zelda: Margot Robbie
Ganondorf: Sacha Baron Cohen
Tingle: Steve Buscemi
Impa: Maggie Smith
Bagu: Jack Black

Thomas Brodie Sangster as Link.
He's been in the Maze Runner movies, so he's already worked with the director before.
He gives me a Link vibe
Thomas_Brodie-Sangster.jpg

Christopher Lee would have been an awesome voice for Ganondorf. For live action, Nintendo should aim younger so the actor can also perform the fight scenes. Henry Cavill has the build for Ganondorf. Dave Bautista is also a very large man though he’s 54.

I don’t really know many young actresses. I imagine Nintendo will look for someone from the United Kingdom. My first thought was Millie Bobbie Brown. She’s still pretty young.

Link is difficult to cast given we don’t know if Nintendo wants him to speak. Maybe just cast an unknown.

Erik Braa as the Deku Tree. This is my one non-negotiable.

I think the reactions to Tom Holland as Link will be funnier than the reactions to Chris as Mario. In terms of what I want? Danny Devito as Tingle

Austin Butler as Link just to see what accent and mannerisms he’ll keep after the movies done filming.

I'd have cast relative unknowns for everything. I wouldn't want anyone going "Oh hey, it's that famous person!" In the middle of the movie. That also goes a long (or stay out of the) way of establishing mood, unpredictability, and suspension of disbelief.

More surefire movies based on popular properties should try it.

literally cast anyone that won't let this turn into a corny cheese-ball fest. i beg.

who is a younger version of viggo mortensen for link? somethin' like that.

Im just gonna shot gun blast some ideas out into the universe.

Danny DeVito as the Deku Tree.

Jeff Bridges as the King

John Cena as the Gorons. All of them, Eddie Murphy Style.

Tom Holland as Tingle (the only acceptable way I will let Tom Holland anywhere near this series).

Michael Cera as Link.

Fully unironic, complete unknowns for Link and Zelda. I don't think any major actor would work for them, so having a strong pair of younger actors play them would work wonders.

The only other character I can see them having in the film is Ganondorf as of now, so I'd like him to be played by an older actor. I saw Keith David suggested as an idea, and honestly he'd be excellent. Anyone with a very strong voice and an imposing presence would do wonders for him.

The only other request for a character in the film is Morshu. Just an appearance from him in a scene where Link is buying equipment would be the greatest cinematic cameo in film history.

I want Dave Bautista as Ganondorf. He can pull off the laugh.

Mia Goth and Hunter Schafer for Zelda are both inspired choices. Would love either of them.

Michael Cera as Beedle.

I hold an open casting call and let any actors audition for the parts and hire whichever ones give the most impressive and fitting performance.

But no for real we already now this is going to be another 100% money-driven completely cynical operation and automatically go to which ever stars are most popular at the time within realistic criteria for the roles. Personally I think it would be best to go as young as possible for Link, so one of those main Stranger Things boys would be pretty acceptable even though they're like 20 now.

Chris pratt As epona

Honestly though I hope they cast children as link and zelda, id like to see a more wind waker style take on the characters

Last edited:
Eddie Murphy as Link.
Eddie Murphy as Zelda.
Eddie Murphy as Ganondorf.
Eddie Murphy as Navi.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Granny.
Eddie Murphy as Link's Grandpa.
Eddie Murphy as Linkle.
Eddie Murphy as Link, the dog.
Eddie Murphy as Grumpy Goron.
Eddie Murphy as Zora Diva.
Daniel Day-Lewis as Soldier in the Back Alley.

Back
Top Bottom