• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Your top 3 Switch games in order?

1. Smash Ultimate (I never thought I'd list this over BOTW, but 2000 hours later, this might be my favorite multiplayer game of all time.)
2. BOTW
3. Mario Odyssey
Someone has the same top 3 as me!

I'd switch Smash and BotW to put Zelda on top, otherwise that's my top 3.

This may change depending on my mood but:

1. BotW
  2. Ring Fit Adventure
  3. Divinity Original Sin 2

1. Metroid Dread
2. Hades
3. Monster Hunter Generations

Edit: MHG deserves better :)

Last edited:
Sorted by hours played

1. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+
2. Picross series
3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Within its own generation:

1. Fire Emblem Three Houses
  2. Dragon Quest XI Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. Civilization VI Anthology
Including re-releases (excluding NSO):
  1. Final Fantasy XII
  2. Super Mario 3D All Stars
  3. Fire Emblem Three Houses

Exclusives only and not counting Switch ports (sorry, 3D World):

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Metroid Dread
  3. Luigi's Mansion 3
Still need to play Fire Emblem 3H and Astral Chain, tho, so that could all change.

Breath of the Wild takes the top spot for me, followed by Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and third and last would be Golf Story. They all did something for me that made them games to remember.

At the moment:

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. The Legend of Zelda BOTW
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Probably…

1) Breath of the Wild - A cliché for a reason. This game struck me with a sense of wonder unmatched before or after.

2) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - As a fan of the series since the 64, this felt like a love letter and a victory lap all in one.

3) Link’s Awakening - I don’t know. It’s just really charming and I have an urge to replay it constantly.

My top 3 now - Cadence of Hyrule used to be in slot #3 but Dread just bumped it out.

1. Breath of the Wild
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. Metroid Dread

Top 3 Games

1. BOTW
2. Splatoon 2
3. BOTW

Top 3 Downloadables

1. Hollow Knight
2. Steamworld Dig 2
3. Graceful Explosion Machine

I played the shit out of GEM at launch if I wanted something not named BOTW to play.

1. Horace
2. Metroid Dread
3. Luigi Mansion 3

(I own Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, 3 zeldas , Yoshi and DK but are still sealed)

1. Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

I like Monster Hunter and it's a compilation of most of the pre-Monster Hunter World content. It's got lots of Monsters (93 in total I think) to hunt, a ton of gear and weapons to craft and even though I've spent so many hours playing this, I feel nowhere near close to having completed it.

2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons

The game that sold me on the Switch! I played it for a year straight after buying a Switch with it and I plan on getting back into it with the new update + expansion.

3. Mario Odyssey

The game that (almost) sold me on the Switch and I first bought after #2. Even tho all the 3D Mario games are really good, I have to say Mario's moveset in Odyssey is really good and while I already got 500+ moons, I still occasionally boot it up just to see if there's some more I can find.

I appreciate the open to interpretation word choice with "top", OP.

It's the launch year three:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Splatoon 2
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sorry, Mario.

Woof, nailing it down to three is tough but I'll have to go for the ones that are incomparable experiences to any other for me:
  1. Breath of the Wild
    A world I've gotten lost in again and again, and an unbelievable step forward for my favorite series of all time.

2. New Horizons
    Unbiased from the fact that it's about to get a second wind, this game came at the perfect time and brought a bunch of lapsed gamer friends of mine back for a second lap during the lockdown. I have my issues with it, but I'm sure glad it wasn't delayed.

3. Luigi's Mansion 3
    The most flawed of my picks for sure: the segmented structure and wasted resources on a multiplayer mode that goes nowhere come to mind first, but I can't wait to see them expand on it in the inevitable sequel. This game is just a dream come true. It's the closest Nintendo has come to feeling like Pixar, and I'm continually delighted to see this once niche spin-off grow.

Honorable Mentions: Dread (not yet complete), Tetris 99, Ring Fit Adventure

5DAB32DB-8B0A-41FB-97FA-0B7268DA54A0.jpeg

65F92B02-C75B-4612-934E-3825D1319974.jpeg

1996684E-F1FA-48E1-A7B7-66E9DE6A98E1.png

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Stardew Valley

Honorable mention: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

1. Xenoblade Chronicles DE
2. Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
2. BotW

It's actually tough to choose. Maybe GAA would be my no.1.

1. Super Mario Odyssey - Doubt this will ever be topped
2. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Surprised me
3. Breath of the Wild - Sort of by default

1. Tetris 99
2. Botw
3. Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Honorable Mentions: Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Hades, Clubhouse Games, A Short Hike, Golf Story, SteamWorld Dig 2, Warframe, the Picross series, Paradise Killer, Katana Zero, Hyper Light Drifter, No More Heroes, Raging Loop, Half Past Fate, Inside, Neo Turf Masters, Sumire, Spiritfarer, GRIS, VA-11 HALL-A, Tetris Effect Connected ... I'll stop sorry

Also my top 3 games of all time, since I only really started getting into the hobby after the Switch and nothing I've played from before the Switch era has surpassed these 3 (though stuff like Metroid Prime and Mario Galaxy get close)

1. Breath of the Wild
Wow. Such shock. Much surprise.

Yeah it's BoTW. Of course it's BoTW. The game's an absolute masterpiece that almost transcends the medium itself, hooking itself into your brain's childlike sense of wonder and exploration. It's just sublime

2. CrossCode
I already made a whole thread about this game that's languishing in the dark corners of Famiboards. Unlike the other two games on this list, CrossCode gets in the top three not through some transcendental experience but through sheer mechanical brilliance. It's a video game ass video game and the best one (imo) of its kind

3. Super Mario Odyssey
If you bottled joy and made it into a video game Mario Odyssey is pretty damn close to what you'd get. 2017 really set the Switch off to a running start (my top 10 list would include other 2017 greats like XC2 and Mario + Rabbids)

Mario Odyssey, amazing game in the series and my favorite even ahead of Galaxy and 64. Superb game.

Smash Brothers Ultimate, need I say more?

Breath of the Wild, a true watershed moment in open world videogame design and a breath of fresh air in the series.

1. Breath of the wild: what else can be said about this game at this point? It’s a masterpiece and one of the defining games of the last ten hell maybe even twenty years

2. Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Nothing else to say about this game other than. The roster and stages make me feel like a kid at times.

3. Wonderful 101: if you know, you know

Can't really pick an order, but the top 3 for me are:

Zelda BoTW
Mario Odyssey
Smash Bros Ultimate.

Ha, turns out there’s a meme format for this going around (def not my top 3 lmao)

First post on Famiboards, so I've made it very slightly controversial 😊

1. Breath of the Wild
2. A Short Hike
3. Eastward

All subject to constant change 😂

I'm no good at these as I love games for all-sorts of reasons and manners and moods so I have to just list the 7 games I've completed that I marked on my collection on Dekudeals as 5-stars.

In no order (sorry OP!):

Valkyria Chronicles
Final Fantasy VII
Wargroove
Gone Home
Into the Breach
Golf Story
Detention

If we're going with exclusives then my list is:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Link's Awakening
3. Smash Ultimate
4. Mario Odyssey

I included four because reasonable minds can disagree on whether Link's Awakening is an exclusive.

If we're including all games then it goes:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Dragon Quest XI S
3. Hollow Knight

Edit: I forgot that Final Fantasy VII is on the Switch. My list for all games now goes:

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Dragon Quest XI S
4. Hollow Knight

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 200 hours into this game (perhaps double that into its Ao3 tag) and I'm still coming back for more.
This is so relatable. If I'm being honest I think this actually increased my appreciation for the game.

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Metroid Dread
3. Fire Emblem Three Houses

Honorable Mention: Smash Ultimate

(I played BOTW on Wii U or else it would be number 1)

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Odyssey
3. Three Houses

Ultimate and Dread round out my top 5.

Exclusives only

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Metroid Dread
3. Clubhouse Games (Shoot me, I love board games, playing this with my kids without the hassle of getting a physical game out is a god send lol)

Most played time
1. Animal Crossing
2. BoTW
3. Smash Bros

1. BotW, open world masterpiece
2. Mario Odyssey, it's a new sandbox 3d Mario, one of my favorite series of all time
3. Metroid Dread, I'm not the biggest 2d Metroid fan but I still really enjoy the games, played most of them, and this is my favorite.

Animal crossing: New Horizons
Splatoon 2
Ring Fit Adventure

Also my three most played games on switch

Exclusives only

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Metroid Dread
3. Clubhouse Games (Shoot me, I love board games, playing this with my kids without the hassle of getting a physical game out is a god send lol)

Most played time
1. Animal Crossing
2. BoTW
3. Smash Bros

Clubhouse is so good, taught me how to play Hanafuda, i LOVE Hanafuda now.

Number 1 has to be:
super-mario-maker-2-switch-hero.jpg

Super Mario Maker is just so much fun, even as someone who doesn’t make levels, but merely plays them. The addition of maker worlds was fantastic.

I’d probably give #2 to Fire Emblem and #3 to Mario Kart or Clubhouse games. If Wii Sports gets a Switch version, it’ll take one of those slots right quick. (Also, I’m finally getting around to Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and I love the AA series, so…)

If you include all games, I guess this would be my top 3?

1. Metroid Dread—pretty comfortable thinking this will be here once I finish it.

2. A Short Hike—this game is incredible. It’s warm and funny and sweet without being cloying or saccharine and flying feels really fucking good.

3. Celeste—this game means a lot to me, for personal reasons. I can relate all too well to Madeline.

If it’s just exclusives:

1. Metroid Dread—still number one

2. Animal Crossing NH—yeah, it has a lot of flaws (many of which are about to be fixed with 2.0), but I do love me some Animal Crossing and I put 200 hours into this last year.

3. Bowser’s Fury—yeah, I’m putting this above 3D World and Odyssey even though it’s just an add-on to the 3D World port because it’s the first time since Galaxy that a Mario made me delighted enough to smile like a goon the whole time. If this is a possible future for Mario I’m day 1-ing that shit.

I think Switch might be my fave Nintendo platform since the DS.

Back
Top Bottom