• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mitsuda confirmed on his blog that the tracks in the reveal trailer were composed by him. So there might be some Anuna in there.
The last part was:

And DeepL translates it to:

Since the game he was talking about since last year was most likely this one it sounds like this was an even bigger project.

Instead of Mitsuda/Procyon Studio, I think ACE are handling the production/business side of the soundtrack. They recently formed Sekai Walker Producers and were credited for music management & coordination in Xenoblade DE. Many of CHiCO’s posts on social media indicate that they are probably managing the OST for XC3.

Instead of Mitsuda/Procyon Studio, I think ACE are handling the production/business side of the soundtrack. They recently formed Sekai Walker Producers and were credited for music management & coordination in Xenoblade DE. Many of CHiCO’s posts on social media indicate that they are probably managing the OST for XC3.
The photos from ACE's recording of DE were still from within Procyon Studio, though, so the production side still has Mitsuda involved to some degree at least. I dunno if they'd record music at Procyon if Procyon weren't producing.
But I dunno how the music industry works so scuse me if I'm wrong 😅

Yeah it's hard to say 100% before the game comes out. CHiCO from ACE did manage production of the Wii release of first game through Uematsu's label Dog Ear Records (Uematsu was also the one who recommended them to Takahashi).

But at the same time Mitsuda has also made a lot of posts on his blog and social media indicating he's involved with the overall production. And I think the fact that Mitsuda has the full score of the completed project indicates that Procyon likely had the overall management of this production as well. We will find out soon enough.

This is such a cool box BTW. Just knowing all the music for this game is in there makes it more exciting than it probably should be.
6n3Mv0I.jpg

Last edited:

The first area is very layered vertically, nice.

The second area gives me Nier Automata vibes.

It's interesting that they're not hiding the sci-fi/futuristic aspect this time.

Well i suppose all the mechs kinda make it moot

People are constantly saying X but that is somewhat setting false expectations to be honest. You are still being funneled into a direction here unlike in X where every direction from where you begin seems endless.

So XC1 but designed with seamlessly connected areas in mind seems like a more apt description to me - comparatively way more but smaller individual zones that you encounter linearly through story progression.

Makna Forest + Morytha = Maktha. I guess we meet the green-haired Gormotti girl here.

Also, I wonder what this means for Frontier Village. I imagine it didn’t survive, but it would be cool to see chunks of it rearranged and the Nopon rebuilding the village.

Last edited:

Makna Forest + Morytha = Maktha. I guess we meet the green-haired Gormotti girl here.

Also, I wonder what this means for Frontier Village. I imagine it didn’t survive, but it would be cool to see chunks of it rearranged and the Nopon rebuilding the village.

Meanwhile the Japanese name is the opposite lol; Morkna.

I haven't been closely scanning the environments, so I'm not sure if this is the first we've seen of Morytha, but I'm certainly surprised it's here. It's leaving me wondering exactly how the worlds smashed together.

Maktha looks like it'll be a cool area. A literal urban jungle is not an area type we've seen in Xenoblade before, so it should feel pretty fresh. Plus, it'll likely also have a lot of verticality going on with the trees and skyscrapers, plus some cramped areas inside specific buildings. Judging by the campfire shown in the Maktha tweet, it also looks like campsites will be returning from Torna.

Of course there's a joker in the comments saying it looks like PS2 graphics 😑

FTBbbALUEAAp9yG

This reminds me of a very specific spot in Noctilum. I can't find a screenshot of the spot though.
The top of the waterfalls where Fernando the Immovable hangs out is the first spot in Noctilum that comes to mind, would that be it?

Anyways, the two locations from last week seem to be Keves Land while Maktha has an Agnus colony. The clip of Eunie fighting in Maktha had different battle music from the flute piece we've heard in the other battle clips. I'm thinking there are two different normal battle themes, one for Keves territory and one for Agnus territory.

Huh there's a campfire in this image as well (In the middle landmass to the right of the water body with the blants/flowers). I'm almost certain now that campfires are back from Torna.

Yeah, the campfires in some screens plus that one blurry screen from the JP site that made it look like everyone was camping around have got me pretty confident campsites are back.

Maktha makes me a little more optimistic about the blending concept. The other regions just seem to be standard Xenoblade areas with motifs from the mixed areas (which tbf, I don't consider a bad thing. Standard Xenoblade areas are still amazing). But Maktha looks like a really fun and interesting concept that takes advantage of blending two pretty distinct areas. More like that would be nice

Maktha makes me a little more optimistic about the blending concept. The other regions just seem to be standard Xenoblade areas with motifs from the mixed areas (which tbf, I don't consider a bad thing. Standard Xenoblade areas are still amazing). But Maktha looks like a really fun and interesting concept that takes advantage of blending two pretty distinct areas. More like that would be nice

Yeah, I find myself kind of wishing as well that they'd gone a little more out there with some of the other fused regions and put less obvious ones together. But as @Brewster123 put it, a literal urban jungle is pretty different for the series. Definitely looking forward to exploring Maktha the most right now!

Can’t wait to read hot take because of field skills word before the whole thing translated.

Not from me because I love chaos

Looks like field skills are back

Oh no.

UGHHHHHHH I hated field skills so much, legitimately my most hated thing about XB2. Nothing worse than exploring and finding a cool location off your own wit just to be told "uh you can't go any further if you don't have the right blades teehee"

At least it won't be tied to blades this time... still not a fan.

Can we change the weather with L/R? Changing the time to randomly get the weather you need was anoying in past titles.

Alright, that sounds less obnoxious than 2's system. If they don't make it too overbearing and level it with the story progression appropriately, it could be fine.

Some cool new pictures in here.

01.jpg

This one is interesting, since we can see a bit of that "rusty" looking land the sword is stuck in. Maybe the crumbled remnant of Mor Ardain titan? Also, you can see a hand sticking up behind Uraya (Look around it's mouth).

20.jpg

You can see a bit of the hand on the left side of this image too.

21.jpg

In this picture, you can kinda see something that kinda sorta looks like Alcamoth in the far distance (Or something somewhat similar). It's to the upper right of where Mio is.

I feel this is looking more and more like it's more open world like Xeno X than Xeno 1 and 2. Pretty excited since exploration is one of the things I enjoy most in games these days.

For being what comes down to fusions of a man and a woman, it's quite disappointing that the Interlinks are so heavily gender-coded. And of course the female-coded one had to look like they're half-naked. I saw someone point out that the male-coded ones have their core on the chest, while the female-coded one has theirs on the pelvis, so that nothing stands in the way of cleavage. I guess it'll take another century for these double standards to go away.
I also can't wait for all the male soldiers, who will definitely have a window on their chest, just like Ethel. That will definitely be a thing, right? It would actually be surprising if it was.

I'm curious if anyone in that world has a corresponding person in the other nation and if someone or something keeps people from achieving what might be their complete selfs by keeping them at war with each other. SMTV spoilers! Kind of like every demon has a corresponding human who bears their knowledge, so technically anyone could become a Nahobino.

It’s definitely one giant world I fear. Field Skills function like permanent abilities upgrades (think shrines stamina upgrades or Revali’s gale).

And you can mark the map (like in BOTW)?
gEdmVc9.gif

Last edited:
For being what comes down to fusions of a man and a woman, it's quite disappointing that the Interlinks are so heavily gender-coded. And of course the female-coded one had to look like they're half-naked. I saw someone point out that the male-coded ones have their core on the chest, while the female-coded one has theirs on the pelvis, so that nothing stands in the way of cleavage. I guess it'll take another century for these double standards to go away.
I also can't wait for all the male soldiers, who will definitely have a window on their chest, just like Ethel. That will definitely be a thing, right? It would actually be surprising if it was.

I'm curious if anyone in that world has a corresponding person in the other nation and if someone or something keeps people from achieving what might be their complete selfs by keeping them at war with each other. SMTV spoilers! Kind of like every demon has a corresponding human who bears their knowledge, so technically anyone could become a Nahobino.

I suspect it’s a Ouroboros exclusive thing.

I also wonder if the compatibility of the cast to fuse is because they are actually not Homs/blade but a special kind engineered exclusively for combat and that explains their fixed lifetime. There was another Mecha franchise Takahashi wasn’t shy of taking it as inspiration that very recently revealed a similar plot twist…

Oh yeah, that is awesome. So like I hoped, you gain abilities through story progress which let you access new sections of the overworld and they repurposed that into the field skills name. I'd wager the boat and a flying vehicle (if there is one) are also just a field skill in that case.

The thing I'm curious about now is if most field skills are essential for story progress or if they are just more for access to optional side-content that isn't relevant to the main story. Because if it is more the former, then the world design could be way less straightforwadly designed than expected. Think more a Metroidvania but in a giant world which would be absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that is awesome. So like I hoped, you gain abilities through story progress which let you access new sections of the overworld and they repurposed that into the field skills name. I'd wager the boat and a flying vehicle (if there is one) are also just a field skill in that case.

The thing I'm curious about now is if most field skills are essential for story progress or if they just let you access optional side-content that isn't relevant to the main story. Because if it is the former, then the world design could be way less straightforwadly designed than expected. Think more a Metroidvania but in a giant world which would be absolutely amazing.

Exactly.

As several people mentioned before, the issue with skill fields in XC2 was two-fold: on one hand they were tied to a gacha system which means that your ability to explore was somewhat tied to luck. On the other hand, they required manual change of the party composition through slow menus. Had they replaced this system with an automatical scan of your whole blade bank, the second problem would be completely solved and the mechanic would be less cumbersome.

Although we still don't know some details about the implementation in XC3, it already sounds miles better. As I understand it, they will simply allow us to perform some actions (for example by pressing a button when close to a key element such as vines) which are not available from the start. With such implementation, if they are able to properly mix them with their well-known excellent level design and story progression, it could all lead to an open-world Metroidvania-ish system as you mentioned. There's great potential here, and considering MS's background and increasing expertise, I have faith they will live up to it.

I'm way too hyped about this game.

It can still be a open world. It is possible to cut off certain areas and make one open map.

When people say open-world these days, it more than likely means "I can access almost any part of the map from the beginning of the game". That was never happening with this game, though, because XC is a heavily story-guided experience.

The field skills make it so, though, that the map can be designed much less linearly than any numbered XC game before it if they are smart about it which would be a "best both of both worlds" in my book and incredibly exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom