• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed |ST| Ontos the Next One

So are the black stones ( the ones you need for the vertical ether slides) limited or very rare drops? Besides the one they gave you in the story I already found 2 places where I can build those but just can't find that material
They're key items. You can upgrade the radar thingy to ping you when a key item is nearby.

Finale Chapter 3/Early Chapter 4

Thank you for being a nice ally Rex. "Logos is Male, Pneuma Female. So Ontos is something inbetween, I don't see the problem." Still a nice surprise how open they are about this even after Juniper. There are enough idiots still denying that Juniper is Non-Binary, but how will people dismiss this very clear statement? There is absolutely no way to interpret Ontos as cis in any way. Nice to see something like this comming from a officially Nintendo developed game.

this is my only quarrel with that thing lol.

I don't wanna mess with the chill wildlife. but I already have so much armu blood on my hands now just because of that damn checklist lol

Same. I always had a "don't attack me I won't attack you" wildlife rule with Xenoblade games, and this one made me a horrible person lmao

Took me 4 tries to beat Fograptor D'nari in the big cave, finally pulled it off mainly controlling A and bringing people back into my regen fields. Was a tough battle!

I think I've stumbled into a bug.
The last x sensor update thingie requires a Painted Totem Board or some such.
I've got four of them, but when I go to update, it thinks I don't have any.

It's a similar thing with gems. The Luminiecent Laia Thingies needed to upgrade some gems to V (inc. Disperse Bloodlust which I really need)... I have loads of em. But can't upgrade.

I think I've stumbled into a bug.
The last x sensor update thingie requires a Painted Totem Board or some such.
I've got four of them, but when I go to update, it thinks I don't have any.

It's a similar thing with gems. The Luminiecent Laia Thingies needed to upgrade some gems to V (inc. Disperse Bloodlust which I really need)... I have loads of em. But can't upgrade.
check the rarity of the item

check the rarity of the item
Didn't think of this.
Funnily enough, my totem boards are actually rarer than is required. But I guess it doesn't matter, and silver rarity is counted as an entirely different item as gold rarity. Thanks for the tip, going to try and find lower-level versions.

Reached chapter 4 and a friend was watching:
Friend "you are not going to kill the giraffe looking monsters right?
Me "why not?"
Friend "It's a giraffe, it's not doing anything, you just bumped into one and it didn't even reacted, it's just chilling there"

Now I kinda feel bad for beating them

In the other games if things aren’t attacking me I’m usually not starting the fight, so then I never have some of the materials I need to make stuff. I even feel bad sometimes about taking out some of the unique monsters bc they’re these marvels of nature, large majestic creatures I can’t bare the thought of the erasing from the world.

But this time around when I got a little jingle and saw numbers go up when I killed them, that response in my brain overrode the feelings in my heart. Once the enemypedia was complete though I let them be.

This might honestly be my favourite piece of DLC ever, just exceptional stuff.

With this, i'm now 100% satisfied with XC3 as a whole.

I finished it last night. I really really loved it.
Those last few scenes 🥹 That flavor of storytelling is what makes me love Xenoblade.

Are you on hard? On normal I think I died twice the entire game against enemies that weren't clearly way above my level. Both times I just did a pivot of my party builds to better deal with said bosses and won easily.

Also I don't understand people's issues with the base missions, I'd just charge, get as many enemies activated as I can, then use an AoE attack like Matthew's talent art to one shot most of the enemies. Same with not having enough upgrades, so many of them are just found by exploring the map... something that is clearly a major draw of a Xenoblade game. This game more then any other does the best job incentivizing you to explore since it gives you affinity points which helps your characters grow.
I've just finished the game on Normal. While i do enjoy the game's incentive to exploration, i still think it's a bit random to tie these upgrades to items you find on the map or to sidequests instead of the AP system, which is a great system.

I keep my stance on it being overly frustrating at times. I've only beaten the last two bosses after getting approx six levels above them, and filling my characters with lvl 4 gems, weapon upgrades, accessories, art upgrades and whatnot, while abusing chain attacks and break topple launch etc, and even so it was very very challenging (particularly the penultimate boss). I don't know whether if i was doing something wrong or not.

But it felt really good once i eventually beat it, and now i'm going to wipe the tears (and sweat) and write something about the ending on the spoiler thread. It was all worthwile.

Finally finished it. Absolutely loved it, this fixed many of my issues with the base game. The exploration and progress systems were top tier. I hope they build upon this in future entries. And of course as a Xenoblade fan since 2011, this felt like the best gift ever. I'm very grateful for this saga.

And now I can finally check all those tempting spoilers and the spoilers thread. There's quite a few things I still don't fully understand but I'm sure it has all been discussed already.

Alright, I did everything in the game. Took a little over 30 hours total which is about the same as my Torna playthrough after killing all the gold beasts. I wish there was a little reward for getting 100% in all the affinity goals like the photo you get in Torna in completing the community. Feels a little anticlimactic.

The highest level superboss was a cakewalk compared to the duo 10 levels beneath it.

Bioluminescent Bob totally wrecked me. I'm only 4 levels under! But I have no idea how to deal with the avalanche of debuffs he inflicts. Within like fifteen seconds of the fight I have characters with like 5+ debuffs stacked. I'm not going to win like that. Any tips?

Bioluminescent Bob totally wrecked me. I'm only 4 levels under! But I have no idea how to deal with the avalanche of debuffs he inflicts. Within like fifteen seconds of the fight I have characters with like 5+ debuffs stacked. I'm not going to win like that. Any tips?
I recall the high evasion being the bigger problem for me more than the debuffs. I just equipped accuracy boosting stuff and aerial monster slayer accessories to take him down. If the debuffs are getting to you, I know Nikol at least has debuff barrier on one of his fusions if that helps any. Or see if you have any accessories that resist his worst debuff (you'll definitely want sleep resist for the next superboss). I only remember him casting evasion down a lot. Shulk + A paired up get a party-wide acc+eva boost for their unity skill too.

I cannot overstate how much I love the new system of being constantly rewarded with actual meaningful upgrade points for doing almost every activity in the game, it's so incredibly satisfying. Such a simple but brilliant addition.

Also, grownup Rex is a freaking beast to play as; almost too much so as in bigger fights he draws aggro like he's eating a hamburger at a vegan restaurant.

I already loved the base game, but Future Redeemed is really something special.

Finally finished after 20 hours with most quest finished (left mainly to beat unique monsters) and overall it was a great experience. Really liked the way the game gives you points for doing stuff, the map was super tight with some surprises here and there, and the community thing felt more natural than Torna, and also the updated combat stuff. The only thing I'd change is the way the upgrades work, as depending expansion kits for everything means you have either to distribute them and have an incomplet set, or giving them to one or two character to have the complete set while you find the other items.

Also, grownup Rex is a freaking beast to play as; almost too much so as in bigger fights he draws aggro like he's eating a hamburger at a vegan restaurant.

Totally this, in the end I had to control him because even as CPU he generates a lot of aggro and the only way to keep it at bay was to control him.

GstzYxHl.jpg

Can't believe it's over...what a great series. Really excited to see where Monolith takes this series next.

I'll echo the sentiment that the way Future Redeemed handles exploration should return in later games, but I felt like it also drove home that it's basically inevitable that trying to 100% these games will eventually become tedious.

Also, returning to Colony 9 is the first time a game has recreated the feeling I had of playing Pokémon Silver as a kid and getting to revisit the Kanto region. That was a really special moment of the game to me.

I almost wish Zelda wasn't so close to releasing, so I could finally play X lol

GstzYxHl.jpg

Can't believe it's over...what a great series. Really excited to see where Monolith takes this series next.

I'll echo the sentiment that the way Future Redeemed handles exploration should return in later games, but I felt like it also drove home that it's basically inevitable that trying to 100% these games will eventually become tedious.

Also, returning to Colony 9 is the first time a game has recreated the feeling I had of playing Pokémon Silver as a kid and getting to revisit the Kanto region. That was a really special moment of the game to me.

I almost wish Zelda wasn't so close to releasing, so I could finally play X lol

Yes I totally agree with regards to returning to colony 9. I’ve explored that place top to bottom for many hours in playthroughs of XC1 & it was an absolute treat going back. Had the biggest smile on my face, especially with the music too.

Last edited:
Oh damm, sincere apologies. Have been posting in the spoiler thread too & lost track. Thanks for the heads up & apologies once again.
No worries, I have already cleared the game so I didn't mind. I just wanted to make sure that magical discovery wasn't ruined for anyone else. Thank you for hiding it ^^

Kinda nuts how big this thing is. I'm 30 hours in, finished the main story, and there are still a lot of things left to do. I was thinking about getting FF VI between this and TOTK (and will eventually), but this might be enough until next week

Still slowly making my way through the DLC. Maybe I should just beeline the main story, but I can't help but want to do as many side quests as I can. If there's one thing XC3 really improved upon over the first 2, it was giving all the side quests unique dialogue from your party members. Most of the quests in XC1 and 2 either had your party members stay silent or reply with some canned responses with only a few exceptions, so the way 3 and FR does things really makes me want to go and complete them all.

Also, I really loved the little
dad talk Shulk and Rex had. I know it's not really the first time we've seen these two interact but it still feels kinda surreal for some reason.

Don’t know if this was posted anywhere yet but Mio’s diary & sticker set is a mynintendo reward redeemable using 500 platinum points.

https://my.nintendo.com/news/32504bd734e6e304
Man I thought this was for the US store and got all excited lol. Oh well

Just finished chapter 3! That juicy infodump was cool in exactly that signature abstract, batshit insane way that I love about this series; in classic Monolith Soft fashion it makes little logical sense, but is conceptually awesome enough that I don't care.

Future Redeemed already elevates Xenoblade 3 through its mechanical improvements; if it can provide a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy too, it could go down as one of my favourite bits of DLC ever.

Loved it, absolutely loved it. Everything I could have hoped for and more.

Funny to think back to the resistance to a founder's story now. Never would have imagined I'd play something that pulled from and enhanced everything that came before it whilst also largely doing its own thing wonderfully. They did it!

What are the mysterious fragments for? I've found 6 and just realized they exist.

Edit: Lol nevermind I was in the room they're used for when I posted this and literally just found out.

After 25 hours, I have completed the main story.

I'm in genuine awe.

What an amazing conclusion to this brilliant saga.

I feel like, every single game has managed to make me tear up lol.

I'm still trying to process the ending here like damnnnnn.

I'll rest a bit and then try to 100% everything else before Totk.

Loved it, absolutely loved it. Everything I could have hoped for and more.

Funny to think back to the resistance to a founder's story now. Never would have imagined I'd play something that pulled from and enhanced everything that came before it whilst also largely doing its own thing wonderfully. They did it!
The story was so big that I actually forgot it was all about the Founders until the end as Matthew "Vandam" was walking away. Then I went and googled the Founders statues and was like "oh shit that's them!!" and even recognized the characters in the game that the "this statue is of their mentor" were supposed to be. Didn't feel tied down by having to fill in blanks about the Founders, and instead filled in blanks about Xenoblade. Fantastic stuff.

Trying to take down the Slow n Steadies on Hard

It's hard!
What triggers the health regen? I know I can purge it with Shulk, but that's if I catch it in time and I'm not busy stopping everyone from walking into the godamn blaze field.
I thought maybe if I didn't enrage the Agnian one it'd be fine, but nope, still started regenning.

I really like the concept of this fight. I just wish the Kevessi one wasn't so tanky. It's really frustrating to wipe after ten minutes. The other superbosses have had super high defences as well. Maybe that means I'm just not optimised, idk.

Trying to take down the Slow n Steadies on Hard

It's hard!
What triggers the health regen? I know I can purge it with Shulk, but that's if I catch it in time and I'm not busy stopping everyone from walking into the godamn blaze field.
I thought maybe if I didn't enrage the Agnian one it'd be fine, but nope, still started regenning.

I really like the concept of this fight. I just wish the Kevessi one wasn't so tanky. It's really frustrating to wipe after ten minutes. The other superbosses have had super high defences as well. Maybe that means I'm just not optimised, idk.
I don't know if the regen can be avoided. Might just be a higher health threshold than the rage or how much time has passed in battle. It happened without enraging for me. I think they both have high defense to only the opposite attribute (kevesi one has high physical but no so much ether). The same applies to status resistances. The kevesi one has relatively lower resistance to ether debuffs. I managed to inflict Bind on it a few times so it pays to pair A's Cross Ray with Skyfoil. But yea, the blaze field is a nightmare. The Agnian one is easy enough to kill on its own, I accidentally ended up hitting level 99 trying to take them out before realizing they need to be killed together.

Are you using the warped white brooches? Rex already ignores defense on crits (which he should be doing all the time, especially with Glimmer's buff) so it's like a straight +30% phys damage for him. And make sure your breakers aren't wasting slots on break brooches since they can't be inflicted with reactions.

I don't know if the regen can be avoided. Might just be a higher health threshold than the rage or how much time has passed in battle. It happened without enraging for me. I think they both have high defense to only the opposite attribute (kevesi one has high physical but no so much ether). The same applies to status resistances. The kevesi one has relatively lower resistance to ether debuffs. I managed to inflict Bind on it a few times so it pays to pair A's Cross Ray with Skyfoil. But yea, the blaze field is a nightmare. The Agnian one is easy enough to kill on its own, I accidentally ended up hitting level 99 trying to take them out before realizing they need to be killed together.

Are you using the warped white brooches? Rex already ignores defense on crits (which he should be doing all the time, especially with Glimmer's buff) so it's like a straight +30% phys damage for him. And make sure your breakers aren't wasting slots on break brooches since they can't be inflicted with reactions.

Managed to do it (and the last one too!). Good shout on the brooch. I forgot it went into negative values.

I feel like they were a little sadistic on this one. Why does the Agnian one fly around everywhere? I lost an attempt because, after getting it down to almost no health and focusing on the Kevesi one, I noticed it eventually got its regen buff active, so I switched to Shulk to purge that. But it took me ages to get in range because the bastard kept running, and by the time I managed it, the Kevesi one had unleashed a heat injection.
Which, yeah, the party just standing in blaze fields is so stupid. The second blaze field art that has an absolutely gigantic radius is ridiculous. Really could have done without that one, Monolithsoft.
Imagine how easy this would have been if you could just task Shulk to focus on the Agnian one, and if you could order the rest of the crew to follow leader but still unleash all their arts?
It's like they designed it to expose all the most frustrating elements of the battle system.

Anyway, rant kind of over.
Last one was kinda cool. Borderline unfair and I got lucky with RNG and my breaks, but I'll take it. I never did find the accessory that extends the rage quell. It would be really funny if they just didn't put it in Future Redeemed, the one Xenoblade where it might actually prove useful lollol.

I agree with whoever said that these were the hardest superbosses. I think the first and third ones just flat out suck though, and the last two have some really frustrating design decisions that stop them being as fun as they could be. The psycho gargoyle with the debuffs was aight I guess, but someone please tell Monolith that Bind isn't fun. I will never do the QTE for that. My analogue sticks are too precious.

Managed to do it (and the last one too!). Good shout on the brooch. I forgot it went into negative values.

I feel like they were a little sadistic on this one. Why does the Agnian one fly around everywhere? I lost an attempt because, after getting it down to almost no health and focusing on the Kevesi one, I noticed it eventually got its regen buff active, so I switched to Shulk to purge that. But it took me ages to get in range because the bastard kept running, and by the time I managed it, the Kevesi one had unleashed a heat injection.
Which, yeah, the party just standing in blaze fields is so stupid. The second blaze field art that has an absolutely gigantic radius is ridiculous. Really could have done without that one, Monolithsoft.
Imagine how easy this would have been if you could just task Shulk to focus on the Agnian one, and if you could order the rest of the crew to follow leader but still unleash all their arts?
It's like they designed it to expose all the most frustrating elements of the battle system.

Anyway, rant kind of over.
Last one was kinda cool. Borderline unfair and I got lucky with RNG and my breaks, but I'll take it. I never did find the accessory that extends the rage quell. It would be really funny if they just didn't put it in Future Redeemed, the one Xenoblade where it might actually prove useful lollol.

I agree with whoever said that these were the hardest superbosses. I think the first and third ones just flat out suck though, and the last two have some really frustrating design decisions that stop them being as fun as they could be. The psycho gargoyle with the debuffs was aight I guess, but someone please tell Monolith that Bind isn't fun. I will never do the QTE for that. My analogue sticks are too precious.
As far as I can tell, AI allies just don't check for field effects either helpful or harmful. I wouldn't mind moving the party around with the assemble command so much if it worked the same as X and Torna where they gather around you but still fight and use Arts.

What you said about wanting to task Shulk with focusing on the Agnian, speaks to my bigger wants for Xenoblade combat. I always wished they would draw some more inspiration from RTWP style combat. What I'd like is if you could pause combat anytime, individually set specific targets for each ally, and queue up commands for them that'll override their AI. Let me set up plans mid-combat. In the game's defense though, the AI does a decent job of splitting up tanks if you don't use the focus command. If I started with the Agian mech, Nikol would run over and keep the Kevesi one distracted which worked okay because Nikol is hard to kill. But I still want more control.

I do appreciate the amount of strategy the slow n steadies brought out and I'd probably agree with them being among the hardest superbosses. The gyrados and final one were sort of just launch and chain to death fights. The final one had kind of a neat gimmick with lots of little blaze fields that were more interesting to weave between than the slow n steadies' one massive field. I just wished the AI would get out of blaze fields by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom