• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed |ST| Ontos the Next One

Only just getting started, but Vermillion Wood makes a strong first impression as an opening area, I like its autumnal hues, drifting leaves, and the twisting bioluminescent trees standing out from among its mostly realistic vegetation.
Nice to see Monolith's environment design maintaining its strong form.

Probably will be avoiding this thread until I play a very substantial amount if not beat it given what it appears to be, but I played through the first hour and it feels so good to be back.

Love the very first tutorial being like everything gives you XP in this game lol. Speaks to how I play these games.

They seemed to tone down the forced tutorials which is great. That "achievement" jingle is getting real old real fast tho

Fuuuuck

I wanna start this but I feel obligated to knock something off my backlog first. Gotta blitz through the end of Octopath 2, like pronto.

Guys this is amazing I need everyone to get to when the full party is assembled so we can talk about it 😭

Alternatively where is a spoiler thread

They seemed to tone down the forced tutorials which is great. That "achievement" jingle is getting real old real fast tho
Yeah but I believe it’s just because this game is within a game that the developer assumes we already played. It’s not explaining almost anything that comes from the base game.

Anyway, I’m loving this and I’m only on chapter 2 fixed the elevator and resting in the first Nopon camp. Going slow and nice lol, I don’t want this to end 🤣

Matthew might already be my favourite protagonist of the series.

I’LL MAKE ‘EM LISTEN WITH MY FISTS

FLARE ARIA
FLARE ARIA
FLARE ARIA
FLARE ARIA

Art recharges almost instantly

Enemies scale up fast and I've got to do something, so I'll pause for now, but here are some of my early impressions:

- Definitely like the angle they went for this time. Making all the stuff you do to add up to your character growth seems like a safe solution to the base game's inconsistency of not having a lot to gain from exploring Aionios (outside of cradle, husk and ether channel hunting). However I don't like that they found the need to put a jingle every time you achieve something, it feels very intrusive, might as well throw the confetti for every km you walk.

- Combat is very similar so far, but I like that you can only cancel Arts into Arts with Fusion Arts, so no need for Juniper's silly item this time around, I think.

- Aurora Shelf's themes just reinforce the idea that the base game's discreet field tracks were composed deliberately so. Not that it wasn't obvious already but it makes me glad again they tried to make something different, even if it wasn't of the liking of too many.

- Matthew's deliveries are god-awful. He sounds like he's slowly saying word by word a lot of times, kind of like Taion, but worse. It's a little distracting.

- I am very intrigued by A. I think I am already starting to see where the whole deal with them will lead up to, but I like their dynamic with Matthew.

So far so good, I won't sleep tonight.

Yeah, I like Matthew as a character but his delivery is sometimes very confusing.

In general the voice acting seems wonkier here in comparison to the main game. Let's see how it develops.

Shoutout to Rex for being a terrible parent lmao

“First, you’re wrong. Second, stop caring so much”. Great job there dude lol

On a less spoilery note, I haven’t had any issues with the voice acting personally. Sounds of similar quality to XC3 to me.

It’s tough to gauge how long this one is going to be. I know they said “Torna sized” when they first announced we were getting a story expansion, but this seems to have a lot more tangible side activities than Torna did right out of the gate.

I’m liking it a lot so far though.

It’s tough to gauge how long this one is going to be. I know they said “Torna sized” when they first announced we were getting a story expansion, but this seems to have a lot more tangible side activities than Torna did right out of the gate.
Question is whether or not we'll have to do all of them this time around, because if so I'd like to know sooner rather than later 😅

couple annoyances I want to get off my chest after playing this for a few hours:

I don't like how the enemy camp things(incursions I think they're called?) reset if you get far enough away from them, the first one I ran into I didn't know that and it reset when I was aimlessly running around looking for the last enemy after killing the other 9 and the second one I ran into I got knocked off a ledge a few times

the radius for seeing containers on the map is tiny to the point where you basically have to be literally right next to them(I straight up stumbled on one by chance in a wreck in the first area then went back to the other similar wreck nearby on a hunch and found another that I straight up missed the first time I was there despite walking close enough to it the first time to fully unfog the part of the map where it was at), I purchased some upgrade that I think is supposed to help find them but it doesn't seem like it actually does anything? might be bugged

other than that it's been good so far, the way everything ties into character upgrades makes the map feel dense in a great way and I like the dynamic Matthew and A have

Last edited:
It definitely follows in Torna's footsteps of taking the base game mechanics and tightening everything up. This type of map tracking would've been so incredibly helpful in the base game, what a fantastic addition.

At long last, The Weight of Life gets to play in a cutscene again! What a hype-ass sequence that was. LEAVE IT TO UNCLE REX

I'm seeing nothing but insane and glowing impressions, everyone is praising the localisation, environments and story and here I am stuck in work 😭

Not quite. Whole new system lmao. Wouldn't be new Xenoblade if I'm not grappling with the mechanics for a while...
Yeah it’s not XP, XP, but AP lol. I meant more along the lines everything you do contributes to character growth like killing X amount of every monster, finding stuff, building the community, finding treasure chest even etc. I always try to see everything in these games so suddenly I’m being directly awarded for doing everything which is cool.

Now that I’ve played a bit incidentally, there’s actually legitimately valuable treasure chests to find for once for the first time in the series which is amazing. The unlock items.

WELL

That chapter 2 boss is really annoying on hard mode. Health spongy as per usual lol. I know what to do, but I'll do it tomorrow.

I won't come in here too often before I wrap it up, but I woke up super early and played around an hour and a half this morning. I've just fixed an elevator, which will give people some idea of where I'm up to.

I really like Matthew and A's dynamic so far. The former is a bit of a loveable idiot, while the latter is smart and sarcastic. They bounce off of each other really well.

Loved it when Matthew referred to himself as a div - right out of the Only Fools and Horses playbook!

Matthew's delivery is good for me. There's some funkiness too it sometimes, but I don't think that's a bad thing. His accent isn't a common one in games, so I suspect, like Rex before him, some deliveries might fit the ear wrong for non Brits who have don't have as much exposure to it.

Though that's not to handwave any criticism of his delivery, but as I was playing it, I did wonder how some of his lines would be received, so I'm not surprised it feels off to some.

I like the systems so far too. I've not seen much so I can't say a lot more than that so far though.

I’m a little ways into chapter 3 and the fan service in this DLC has just been incredible so far. So much cool stuff here.

Glimmer being the opposite of Pyra is funny.

So it looks like Rex and Shulk definitely won't be telling Glimmer and Nikol the truth anytime soon, and this is actually the first time they meet their children as Moebius puppets.

I wonder how would Rex sound with Al Weaver as an adult, but the guy they hired to recast him sounds incredible, never imagined Rex's signature "have at'ya!" could sound so badass.

I still didn't finish the main story. Can I already start with the DLC content or do I get some bonus in the DLC if I finish the main story/game first?
I haven't started the DLC yet but I read that it's pretty spoiler-y. You might want to finish the base game before diving into Future Redeemed.

I still didn't finish the main story. Can I already start with the DLC content or do I get some bonus in the DLC if I finish the main story/game first?
Beat the base game before you play this. It assumes you’ve beaten the base game.

Guys this is amazing I need everyone to get to when the full party is assembled so we can talk about it 😭

Alternatively where is a spoiler thread
someone start a new one or just use the one I linked in the OP from the main game.
Before buying it I have to ask, does the community system block progress like in torna?
mentioned in the op that we don't know and also the thing has been out for a few hours. nobody knows.
do not play this before finishing the main story.

y'all, I say this with love but the things written in the OP are always the things y'all are asking about straight away lol. they're not paragraphs of "this game will be good" :D

please have a look through the FAQs ... I write these for a reason^^

Me after I realized that every Xenoblade entry except 3's main game for some inexplicable reason has location names on the map and doesn't lock daytime by default when fast traveling:

xj5qpxlfp3681.jpg

I haven't started the DLC yet but I read that it's pretty spoiler-y. You might want to finish the base game before diving into Future Redeemed.

Beat the base game before you play this. It assumes you’ve beaten the base game.

do not play this before finishing the main story.
I already know how the story ends. I am spoiler resistant, haha. I spoiler myself all the time. So there aren't any extra items or other stuff that you get in the DLC if you finish the main game first?

I already know how the story ends. I am spoiler resistant, haha. I spoiler myself all the time. So there aren't any extra items or other stuff that you get in the DLC if you finish the main game first?
even if there were, nobody would know at this point

So I assume nobody of you that finished the main game before starting the DLC, got a popup on starting the DLC with "here you have money or bonus items for playing the main game"?

So I assume nobody of you that finished the main game before starting the DLC, got a popup on starting the DLC with "here you have money or bonus items for playing the main game"?
There’s none of that if that’s your main concern.

couple annoyances I want to get off my chest after playing this for a few hours:

I don't like how the enemy camp things(incursions I think they're called?) reset if you get far enough away from them, the first one I ran into I didn't know that and it reset when I was aimlessly running around looking for the last enemy after killing the other 9 and the second one I ran into I got knocked off a ledge a few times

the radius for seeing containers on the map is tiny to the point where you basically have to be literally right next to them(I straight up stumbled on one by chance in a wreck in the first area then went back to the other similar wreck nearby on a hunch and found another that I straight up missed the first time I was there despite walking close enough to it the first time to fully unfog the part of the map where it was at), I purchased some upgrade that I think is supposed to help find them but it doesn't seem like it actually does anything? might be bugged

other than that it's been good so far, the way everything ties into character upgrades makes the map feel dense in a great way and I like the dynamic Matthew and A have

this was off for some reason I eventually realized, and it's also really easy to turn off by accident

it does mostly help if I remember to make sure it stays on, sometimes I get pings I don't know where they are but that isn't really meaningfully different than seeing icons on a map I don't know how to get to yet

Colony 9's hitting me in the feels

I have a much stronger connection to that place than I thought I did, walking around it was sure something

Im only more than an hour in. I still love the battle system. Jesus, its so good. I hope they never scrap it and just iterate over.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom