• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed |ST| Ontos the Next One

posting this here because it'll be one of those things where 20 hours in someone will go "I had no idea you could do this" again. please remember to check the Tips menu! there's always so much useful stuff hidden in there, even beyond the big tutorial pop-ups! :D

It's not a perfect solution but the items do tell you what area they're found in (on top of giving enemies that drop them an indicator).

you don't need this key item sensor upgrade, it's just what I happened to have selected in the screenshot:

pin-itemsjjexo.jpg
pin3ugelj.jpg

pin28yddn.jpg
pin1i4fer.jpg

Just finished Chapter 2 and I'm loving it. Matthew and A are great main characters so far. And I hope Affinity Goals are the new Xenoblade staple, I've never seen a Xeno game as well organized as this.

Im only more than an hour in. I still love the battle system. Jesus, its so good. I hope they never scrap it and just iterate over.
The one thing that I didn't like about the battle system in 3 is, why does the chain attack doesn't move to the next enemy if I killed one in the chain attack? That I find really annoying

Only got to play about 30 mins this morning but already way into it. Does anyone have a better batting average than Monolithsoft at making sick openings? And that battle theme!

Haven't played too much, just got Shulk into the party. Don't think I'm a huge fan of how everything on the map is now checklisted and feeds into a progression system.

Man... this being in the middle of the week is roughhhhh.

I want to dive in but work, etc.

Love the shadowdrop, but maybe some more notice could've gotten me some time off scheduled lol

Quick thoughts:
I expected to dislike the story but I wasn't prepared for the seeming budget reduction in the cutscenes. It feels like going back to the first Xenoblade. Possibly related is the extremely dodgy voice acting (English). I wonder if that was done in a hurry.

But on the plus side, the gameplay, combat, exploration and systems are top notch. So much fun. Union Strikes are way better then Ouroborus forms imo. And it continues the trend of the previous two expansions in having a better area than the base game. The first opening area was incredible, it had the massive open scope & mysterious feel of Xenoblade 1 but with the ingeniously hidden secrets of 2. It's so good, and so much better than the base game's environments.

I'm at the base of operations (to avoid spoilers) and roundly got my ass handed to me by a unique caterpile in a cave. Fond memories of the Cellar Bugworm destroying me again and again in the first game. Feels good.
I got it, by the way. Also, I'm on hard and this seems much better balanced than the base game too. That one was very unforgiving in the beginning.

Oh oh and the boss fight was so good

I quite like A, not sure about Matthew yet. Ending battles with his big punch is fun though

Well so far I'm having to really flex my brain to understand at what point in the overall lore this game takes place, to the point where I'm already scouring wikis in chapter 2. 😅

But hey, it wouldn't be a Takahashi game without having to exercise the ole squishy grey stuff, right?

I'm seeing nothing but insane and glowing impressions, everyone is praising the localisation, environments and story and here I am stuck in work 😭
Here I am knowing it could be several months before I play it! Advance Wars and Chained Echoes to finish and Zelda so soon.

Glad to see so much positivity though - XBC3 is probably my favourite of the series so a tighter, more focused experience sounds pretty great.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far. There's been no random spoilers on show and everyone is doing a great job tagging everything up.

In a few hours I'm going to have a chunky sessions on this, but it's been fun reading what everyone thinks free of fear (mostly!) in the meantime.

Managed to play a couple of hours yesterday night and so far it's been a great experience. As mentioned it's really satisfying to finish a battle with Matthew's punch.

Just one thing, and I really don't remember it happened that much in the base game, but whats with all the expressions subbed
lonely sigh
fearful sigh
"dissapoint sigh*
relief sigh

And it's not a CC / SDH thing because they are not formatted for that

Managed to play a couple of hours yesterday night and so far it's been a great experience. As mentioned it's really satisfying to finish a battle with Matthew's punch.

Just one thing, and I really don't remember it happened that much in the base game, but whats with all the expressions subbed
lonely sigh
fearful sigh

"dissapoint sigh*
relief sigh

And it's not a CC / SDH thing because they are not formatted for that
No, what you say rarely happens in the main game, but the sounds themselves are what annoys me, they're weirdly placed, especially the sounds of frustration and "huh?"

No, what you say rarely happens in the main game, but the sounds themselves are what annoys me, they're weirdly placed, especially the sounds of frustration and "huh?"
I don't have an issue with the sound perse, but really grind my gears because you can clearly see the character is shitting his pants and then * fearful sigh * and I'm like "no shit"

Can someone answer an early game question for me?

I currently have Matthew, A, and Nikol in my party at Lv. 19, and I just played the scene where you control Glimmer by herself at Lv. 16. Does she actually start at Lv. 16 whenever she joins you, or does she join at the same level as the rest of your party like what happens in the base game with Heroes?

Basically, I just want to know if it’s safe for me to continue leveling up my current party right now before getting Glimmer without any concern of them being higher level then her when she joins. I’m not wanting to progress the story more right now because I’m waiting for my partner since we’re playing together, but I’d still like to play what I can while I’m waiting.

EDIT: Looks like she does join at Lv. 16, if anyone else is wondering…

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused, is this the XC3 equivalent to Torna? Or is it a smaller update part of the season pass?

The voice acting seems largely on par with prior Xenoblade entries to me. My only complaint is Glimmer so far, who isn't wooden per se, but sounds as if she was given only her lines and had to guess at the emotion without context. She often sounds like she's not quite having the same conversation as everyone else.

(That said, they nailed it in terms of her casting.)

I'm a bit confused, is this the XC3 equivalent to Torna? Or is it a smaller update part of the season pass?
It's part of the season pass, like Torna was. Unlike Torna, there's no way to purchase it separately.

The scope is said to be comparable to Torna according to interviews, but no one here's finished it yet.

posting this here because it'll be one of those things where 20 hours in someone will go "I had no idea you could do this" again. please remember to check the Tips menu! there's always so much useful stuff hidden in there, even beyond the big tutorial pop-ups! :D

It's not a perfect solution but the items do tell you what area they're found in (on top of giving enemies that drop them an indicator).

you don't need this key item sensor upgrade, it's just what I happened to have selected in the screenshot:

pin-itemsjjexo.jpg
pin3ugelj.jpg

pin28yddn.jpg
pin1i4fer.jpg
I didn’t understand shit about this pun thing.

One of the worst parts of the main game. I still don’t understand what should I do to find items.

I need a lore refresher, why are Glimmer and Nikol still “not have much time left” despite being freed from the clocks?

I forget what takes away the 10 year limit

I didn’t understand shit about this pun thing.

One of the worst parts of the main game. I still don’t understand what should I do to find items.
well ... you do what's described in the pictures?

I need a lore refresher, why are Glimmer and Nikol still “not have much time left” despite being freed from the clocks?

nothing takes away the 10 year time limit. our whole party in the main game was still on the 10 year limit. that was, like, Mio's whole thing.

The only thing we saw take away the 10 year limit in the main game was rebooting Origin. The fact that becoming Ouroboros isn't enough is half the reason the prison sequence hit so hard lol.

You can get a hint as to what happens with Nikol and Glimmer from their statues (not sure if you'd rather just go without it, so I won't post it unless you ask). The base game doesn't give any more details than what the statue inscriptions provide.

The only thing we saw take away the 10 year limit in the main game was rebooting Origin. The fact that becoming Ouroboros isn't enough is half the reason the prison sequence hit so hard lol.

You can get a hint as to what happens with Nikol and Glimmer from their statues (not sure if you'd rather just go without it, so I won't post it unless you ask). The base game doesn't give any more details than what the statue inscriptions provide.
okay nevermind I’m dumb. I was like “why is Matthew freed from it” then I remember he’s Aionios born lol

Shulk and Rex have a good dynamic going between them. With the way Shulk gasses up Rex, Rex feels like he's taking on the role Reyn used to have.

The OP might want to update the combo sections to say Daze is no longer a thing and both Burst and Smash work off Launch. And the enemy needs to be launched, it's not regardless of combo status.

Just started and I'm already hooked. Cutscenes are amazing and top notch.

Also, the kids asking Nael to play the piano and the songs they suggested was chef's kiss lol.

10 hours in and it's been incredible so far. I was coming into this having felt a bit let down by the base game so I'm really pleased.

And I hope Affinity Goals are the new Xenoblade staple, I've never seen a Xeno game as well organized as this.
THIS

The OP might want to update the combo sections to say Daze is no longer a thing and both Burst and Smash work off Launch. And the enemy needs to be launched, it's not regardless of combo status.
man what

I was wondering when I was gonna get Daze lol

Gosh dang it they've done it again.

No moment hits quite like when you walk out in to the (practically mandatory at this point) big open plain in a xenoblade game and they drop another absolute banger of a tune.

Loving the organized structure of the game. I also liked the conversations with a view. It already feels better to play then the main game.

I guess is was part of streamlining. I prefer the branches though
Arts loadouts don't seem customizable outside of doing different fusions, so I can see why they need to. In the main game you can pull out Launches and just do Dazes and Bursts, but that wouldn't work here

I love Matthew's voice. He sounds like a chav.
It's certainly an interesting choice, and bound to confuse the folks who can't figure out a lot of the regional accents featured in the series - is Matthew a Cockney, an Irishman, Australian or Scottish?! The speech tombola persists...
He definitely talks in a similar way to a lot of the home county rude boys who emerged in the early 2000s; think of a slightly better spoken Ali G (Sacha Baron Cohen). A couple of my friends and peers at school started speaking like that comedic character, in an unironic way, when the UK Garage scene was at its height.

How do you unlock new arts for the left side? I’ve got some items that unlock slots but nothing to put in them lol

Arts loadouts don't seem customizable outside of doing different fusions, so I can see why they need to. In the main game you can pull out Launches and just do Dazes and Bursts, but that wouldn't work here
I'd say the fusion arts does open the loadouts a bit and they aren't shy about putting combo reactions on fusions. Like Matthew gets Launch when you fuse his cancel art with a certain ouroboros power (can't remember which off the top of my head). Considering fusion arts can actually add to and completely change the effects of the arts unlike the base game, that's virtually an additional 9 arts per character. So 15 arts for 6 characters, 90 arts total. They could've stuck daze somewhere on there if they wanted to.

Daze was probably dropped since Burst and Smash are tied to Unity Combos. Prevents someone from being blocked out of a Smash Unity Combo because the AI inflicted Daze instead of Launch, for example.

The two branches worked for the base game when you have more flexibility and combo finishers weren't tied to such a central mechanic, but I'm in favor of dropping Daze here. Keeps things streamlined. An explanation would've been helpful though.

Man, they really keep bumping the story level every time you get a bit of a breather, no? A few times now I've just wanted to see the next scene before putting the game down just to be greeted by a group of 5+ enemies 5 levels over lol. It's been brutal on hard mode. I basically keep being told no, go do all the side stuff we crammed in here first (or use bonus XP but I plan to do the side stuff at some point anyway, so...).

It's keeping me from getting sucked in for too much longer than I intend to, so I guess that's nice?

Trying to avoid to read any comments here since I havnt started this just yet - but I have seen a few screenshots on twitter, and it looks like they hit new heights with the visuals of the areas based on those shots.

So question: Is it better looking than Standard XC3 or sameish?

Back
Top Bottom