• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Spoiler Xenoblade 3: Future Redeemed SPOILER THREAD | The outcome was patently obvious.

I have to disagree here, one of the aspects of Blades in XC2 was that as long as their core crystals were undamaged they could revive which is what we see at the end. Except, instead of reviving as a single person both Pyra and Mythra were given the chance to be two separate people. The Pneuma processor was still there, just split between them with the only thing they lost being their connection to the Conduit. I could easily see them being key figures in constructing the Alrest side of Origin, especially in the use of core crystals since that information would still be housed in Pneuma's processor.

Also you say that there wasn't any evidence of Pneuma's existence until FR, but you could easily say the same thing about Ontos. Logos still existing part is the big question for me, but it is possible that Rex pocketed the cracked core after Malos faded and had Pyra & Mythra repair it afterwards.

Regardless of the capacities of Pyra and Mythra, I still find it laughably absurd that they had the ability to create an entire universe indistinguishable from reality in a matter of years without the Conduit. And yes, I feel that way about Ontos, too

The Sword of the End is N’s sword right? And Lucky Seven ends up being Noahs?

SotE - Logos
FotE - Pneuma
Lucky Seven - the XC party

No?
Could Logos be in both? They’re made of Origin metal, not the cores directly, so it’s possible that each contains a portion of Logos, with Lucky Seven also containing the XC1 Party.

SotE - Logos
FotE - Pneuma

No?
Personally I see it as:
SotE - Logos
FotE - Pyra
Ouroboros Stones - Mythra
Lucky Seven - XC party
Regardless of the capacities of Pyra and Mythra, I still find it laughably absurd that they had the ability to create an entire universe indistinguishable from reality in a matter of years without the Conduit. And yes, I feel that way about Ontos, too
I don't see how it's any more absurd then anything else you would find in the Xenoblade series.

Personally I see it as:
SotE - Logos
FotE - Pyra
Ouroboros Stones - Mythra
Lucky Seven - XC party

I don't see how it's any more absurd then anything else you would find in the Xenoblade series.
Alright, absurd isn't the right word—inconsistent with the powers they're indicated to have had in previous games, as well as illogical given that the entire source of all this universe-creating power has always been the Conduit.

SotE - Logos
FotE - Pneuma

No?
I'm pretty sure the thing about Lucky Seven having the souls of friends is supposed to be taken metaphorically rather then literally, but the rest is mostly right yeah. Two things I'd add, though:

-There's some implications (mostly from shared visuals) that the FotE/Pneuma eventually get worked into Lucky Seven by the time Noah gets it.

-IIRC N's sword is supposed to be made from Origin metal like Lucky Seven, so it has that going on in addition to any potential Logos stuff.

Yeah the way I see it:

Fists of the End = Mathew and later Noah's gaunlet powered by pneuma (hence the green glow)
Lucky Seven = Origin Metal Blade that is amplified by the fists of the end when Noah wields it, producing the inifity blade (which is, coincidentally, the same name as Rex's special/talent art in FR)
Sword of the end = N's blade (also made from origin metal) that is powered by logos (and also bears a strong resemblance to Malos' monado)

Noah, by the end of XC3, is able to fully wield lucky seven (pneuma) and gains N's acceptance (logos), thereby equipping him to retake Origin, which was constructed from Ontos and thus depends on input from the other two trinity processors. It ties XC3 together pretty darn well thematically, even if some of the details (like how logos's core was recovered) are hazy.

Never really thought about this playing base game (even though Mio and Vandham vaguely talk about it), but I rewatched some Chapter 1 scenes and noticed the exact moment the Pneuma-ish green light first appears in Noah's sword. It's when he's focused completely on the Agian off-seeing melody, keeping with Mio's rhythm.
Screen-Shot-2023-05-01-at-9-47-39-am.png

Every single person was data-ized in Origin, without exceptions. Some of them involved with its creation made themselves "mods" so to speak, and therefore were never able to be pulled into Z's eternal growth cycle loop thing. These people include Linka and Panacaea, as well as Shulk and Rex, of course. That's why they seem "ageless" - because they just don't age. This is touched upon in a bit of dialogue with Linka after you further her Community ranking.

Most souls are assimilated into Origin before this, but a few souls remain in Aionios as avatars. We don’t know the full scope of who remained, but we know of at least 7: Melia, Nia, Shulk, Rex, Panacea, Linka, and Riku.

I'm confused by this. Are Linka and Panacea recorded into Origin or not? They say that when Aionios was born most people were assimilated, but that they were not. Was this "assimilation" different from the "recording"? If not, then it means Linda and Panacea won't be reborn when the worlds are rebooted.

Nia and Melia seem to think they'll be reborn despite existing in Aionios, which would imply you can be recorded while still existing, so maybe it's something different?

I'm confused by this. Are Linka and Panacea recorded into Origin or not? They say that when Aionios was born most people were assimilated, but that they were not. Was this "assimilation" different from the "recording"? If not, then it means Linda and Panacea won't be reborn when the worlds are rebooted.

Nia and Melia seem to think they'll be reborn despite existing in Aionios, which would imply you can be recorded while still existing, so maybe it's something different?
Aionios exists in the minute period of time before the collision completes. I’m assuming that “assimilation” is just a code word for those that have already died in the collision, and their souls were sent to Origin. Panacea, Linka, and the rest of the avatars compromise the people who were caught in that timeframe, before they were killed by the collision.

Once Z is defeated, time continues, everyone remaining is killed and sent into Origin, and then they’re all reborn. That’s my understanding, anyway.

Overall series spoiler. Just in case I am puting this in spoiler tags since it's not specifically this DLC spoiler
So I just realized Shania is Sharla and Reyn's descendant. Shit I'm sad again.

It's possible you will, but it depends on what you didn't like about the ending. I wasn't too keen on 3's ending, but with what I know now due to Future Redeemed I'm a lot happier with 3's story and ending as a whole. Aside from that, if you've played all the other games in the series the DLC's ending should appeal to you.
Basically what killed 3 for me was that the ending is a reset, so while the events happened they might as well have not happened, with the only hint of anything meaningful carrying over being Noah hearing and seemingly recognizing Mia playing her flute. On top of this the fact that the people of the City get wiped from existence really bugs me and all we get is just a vague “maybe we’ll get lucky and be reborn one day.” And that’s it.
Skimming some out of context discussion it sounds like the ending was given a completely different context in the DLC.

Last edited:
Haven’t finished yet but just got to the start of chapter 5 and ummmm wtf?

Ok it’s all explained reasonably right after, but that really was jarring to see, caught me off guard with the locale

Last edited:
Alright, absurd isn't the right word—inconsistent with the powers they're indicated to have had in previous games, as well as illogical given that the entire source of all this universe-creating power has always been the Conduit.
I don't really see how it is inconsistent; after his experiment Klaus repurposed both Pneuma and Logos to oversee his attempt at creating life through the use of core crystals. This knowedge of the core crystals was then potentially used for the Alrest side of Origin since we know that there are core crystals in the machine with the implication that the memories of the people from both worlds were stored in them.

Neither Pneuma or Ontos were meant to recreate the universes through Origin, just the worlds which they oversaw in their original games.
Basically what killed 3 for me was that the ending is a reset, so while the events happened they might as well have not happened, with the only hint of anything meaningful carrying over being Noah hearing and seemingly recognizing Mia playing her flute. On top of this the fact that the people of the City get wiped from existence really bugs me and all we get is just a vague “maybe we’ll get lucky and be reborn one day.” And that’s it.
Skimming some out of context discussion it sounds like the ending was given a completely different context in the DLC.
If it weren't for the actions of Noah and his party the world of Aionios would have been eventually destroyed through annihilation events along with Origin. The system had to be reset in order to operate as intended, but that doesn't invalidate everything they did throughout the game.

I mean it matters for the future of the series.
Especially the people of the City, they are gonna get reincarnated because fate and shit the same people are gonna get together and etc but in different circumstances and so on.
Aionios it's a starting point for i suspect a lot of the things in the future of the series.
And Aionios is a fun and interesting thing to happen rather than "o well origin work good job everybody ur worlds are united" it's a stopping gap.
And i suspect that some people are gonna remember like a past life (multiple actually haha) fussy and fade memory.
We'll see.

If it weren't for the actions of Noah and his party the world of Aionios would have been eventually destroyed through annihilation events along with Origin. The system had to be reset in order to operate as intended, but that doesn't invalidate everything they did throughout the game.
You’re missing my point entirely, with the way the ending is framed, at least in the base game, it‘s practically like the worlds never collided in the first place, which makes it all feel pointless to me.

Thoughts now that I've slept on it all:

So this ended up being what I felt was missing from XB3, but then again not quite what I expected in some ways. I assumed there'd be a big lore dump in the end that'd blow my mind and there really wasn't, it mostly just spent the first half of the game filling in the blanks I felt were left by the main game (Origin was created of Ontos, the Houses of the City are mostly formed by the children of the XB1/2 cast), and then it was nice to see at the end the worlds continuing their split apart before actually merging together (which was something I wondered about once I finished the main game). And then seeing Earth-That-Was was a shock and surprise but no new lore was really introduced outside of some nifty name-drops.

Now, onto the bigass elephant in the room:

I was convinced, convinced at the final bit with the dot of light descending to the planet, that it was the White Whale. My assumption was that the new planet formed by the merging of the worlds was Mira, and the White Whale was drawn into it because of some deus ex machina stuff. But, the White Whale is very specifically from our Earth in XBX's lore, and XB123's lore just doesn't fit at all with X's lore of Earth being destroyed in an intergalactic war. I thought maybe they could say the Saviorite rebellion of XB2's lore could possibly have been happening alongside the war that destroyed XBX's Earth, but then that'd require a major retcon of X's lore to say Earth was never destroyed, simply ruined by Klaus' experiment, and the cutscene in X's intro where Earth did a splodey was an unreliable narrator type situation.

I guess they could do that, and it would match with the Saviorites being name-dropped alongside the "Earthlife Colonization Project" (which I think someone here pointed out that's what the Japanese XBX called Project Exodus) which'd mean the timeline is:
  • Saviorite conflicts heat up on earth for a while (as we hear on Na'el's radio)
  • Earthlife Colonization Project happens quietly with the warning/help the Coalition Government got, knowing an intergalactic conflict is coming
  • The Ganglion/Ghost war finally comes, throwing Earth defenses into turmoil in space, while the Saviorites take this opportunity to strike on Earth while shit's all fucky
  • Several Arks depart, the White Whale among them
  • Klaus pushes the button during the Saviorite attack on the space stations, creating a new world in a pocket dimension (XB1) but frying Earth in the process (the assumed "destruction" of Earth as seen from XBX)
  • Xenoblade 2 happens on the wreckage of Earth, the Zohar/Conduit leaves this dimension after Zanza is beaten in XB1's dimension
  • Without the power that sustained it, the world/dimension from Xenoblade 1 tries to move back home like a millennial that can no longer afford rent
  • The smarties of both worlds see this coming, Alvis/Ontos sees an opportunity for a new, better world and offers his services (Shulk finding Ontos' core crystal)
  • They build Origin with Ontos' power/wisdom/whatever, the collective power of millennial anxiety freezes the process, endless eight begins
  • I mean the endless now begins
  • Xenoblade FR happens, Ontos' plan to ditch what the people wanted to save (themselves) in order to create a new world with the "new" life born in Origin is thwarted in some pretty rad-ass cutscenes
  • Xenoblade 3 happens, the millennials get therapy to move forward despite their anxiety, Origin finally does its fuckin job
  • The worlds are reborn and then 2 become 1 just as the Spice Girls predicted
  • Now there's a new, ether-infused earth with a lot of the creatures from the XBverse that has sorta magical properties because of all the stuff its been through to get there
  • Eventually because of some of the same plot gravitation that brought the worlds back together, the White Whale is drawn back to New Earth, a planet that Shouldn't Be There, either after generations pass and the world has already evolved into a new primordial state OR Keves and Agnus are settled on a different part of the planet that the White Whale lands on because like those continents in XBX are too small to be a wholeass planet
  • The White Whale descends to Mira, appearing as the dot of light in the very end of FR before the absolutely phenomenal MonolithSoft logo animation.
  • Xenoblade X happens
So uh

yeah. Them's my thoughts. The stuff about X is probably wrong but that's where my head went as soon as I heard about the Earthlife Colonization and saw the sparkly thingie fall to the new planet.

Also a part of me wants to believe that sparkly thingie is the Eldridge but that's even less likely because that throws the timeline of the Zohar clear out the window

Matthew looks so much like Fei, yall, even fights like him.

Last edited:
You’re missing my point entirely, with the way the ending is framed, at least in the base game, it‘s practically like the worlds never collided in the first place, which makes it all feel pointless to me.
That was the whole point of Origin in the first place. The worlds collide, both halves of Origin are united, then it recreates both from the residue and they go their separate ways. Noah hearing Mio's flute was to indicate that the worlds were still connected which was made more blatant in FR; this was only possible through their actions in Aionios.

What would you change so it wouldn't feel pointless to you?

I don't see any reason to believe the Citizens would need to be reincarnated separately from the other people in Origin. We know Origin has an Ark for them, and even though the redemption gang trashed Alpha, there's no reason to believe it isn't still functional as of the main game. That we continue to see Kevesi and Agnian soldiers leave husks while Citizens fade entirely should lend credence to that

That was the whole point of Origin in the first place. The worlds collide, both halves of Origin are united, then it recreates both from the residue and they go their separate ways. Noah hearing Mio's flute was to indicate that the worlds were still connected which was made more blatant in FR; this was only possible through their actions in Aionios.

What would you change so it wouldn't feel pointless to you?
I know that was the point of Origin, and I don’t like it, that’s my whole point. A story that concludes with a reset is very unsatisfying to me. I didn’t come in here to debate XB3’s ending, I was literally just asking if the plot of FR might be enjoyable to me.

Last edited:
I know that was the point of Origin, and I don’t like it, that’s my whole point. A story that concludes with a reset is very unsatisfying to me. I didn’t come in here to debate XB3’s ending, I was literally just asking if the plot of FR might be enjoyable to me.

Literally all 3 games are set on a dying world which concludes with the world state being reset, because what they had before wasn't sustainable, if that's coming as a surprise to you at this point, that's on you.

The lives of the characters in 3 weren't reset because as the game makes abundantly clear, they retain memories of their experiences even through lives and the same happens at the end, which is what they were beating everyone over the head with when Noah heard and recognised the off seer theme post credits.

Finished it this weekend.

Hot damn that was cool. I loved it.

I know the radio scene will have most Xenoheads leaping out of their seat for Xenogears/Xenosaga iterations, but I think it does such a good job undercutting what Na'el is saying about the "perfect world" Alpha has sold her.

Like, she's talking like Old Earth is some beautiful utopia, but the radio is showing the political unrest that we know eventually will lead to the Earth's destruction. Wonderful stuff.

Also, here's a meaningless anecdote, aside from losing my mind at the start of Chapter 5, May 16th is my birthday! It will forever be tied to Xeno lore! lol

1XtLjKz.png

Last edited:
Not reading any spoilers. Real quick, how long does this take to complete?

I beat the entire game, all sidequests, including the enemy Pokédex and collectopedia and the superbosses (had to turn the difficulty down to easy for the last one, I was so done trying it on hard) in around 29 hours.

If you speedrun the story you could do it in ten I guess

You’re forgetting the XC2 half of Klaus was able to do everything after the experiment without the Conduit, since he states it fell into a stubborn silence after the world’s end, and only started working again after Rex forged his special bond with Pneuma

The only thing that bothered me after the end credits is how they still danced around Noah and Mio being in Origin's systems despite N and M existing. Do they go into that anywhere?

The game doesn't say this, but I've always assumed the cycles for people didn't stop just because they became Moebius. Most people in Aionios are just copies made from Origin backup anyway. I always assumed there were copies of Noah and Mio still being cycled even though N and M existed. Hell, I think there's even a young copy of Joran running around after he became Moebius we just never see.

We just follow the copies of Noah and Mio that end up actually stopping the cycle in X3.

Z even has this line:
JeCOWKQ.png

The "this time" is what makes me think this has continued to happen for Mio and Noah even after N and M became Moebius.

Alongside that, Z also refers to Noah and Mio as "them" while N and M are standing right behind him in this scene, so it makes me think the Noah and Mio copies have been failing through several cycles up to this point that Z, N, and M have been witness to, apart from their past lives before becoming Moebius Mio shows Noah.

The whole business about Noah and Mio being N and M's "regret/hope" I believe is just metaphorical. (Even if it wasn't it wouldn't bother me that much.)

The Z line (and a bunch of assumptions) is all I have backing this up, so if it isn't enough, it isn't enough, but it makes sense in my brain. The M and N and Noah and Mio existing at once plot point has never been a hangup for me, admittedly.

Wait it just dawned on me… if Linka is also an avatar, and doesn’t age, that conflicts with the fact she and Rex didn’t see Glimmer grown up before meeting in Aionios because Linka was born after Glimmer going by the family picture.

I think there’s a lot of half answers and… vagueness surrounding some of the biggest plot points in XC3.

I think how you feel about that style of storytelling is going to impact how you feel about the game to some degree.

If you prefer more concrete answers - particularly from this series, which typically sets up and delivers highly detailed explanations - XC3 will frustrate you.

We’ve got another thread on here trying to work exactly what it all means, with different people coming to different conclusions based on what we know.

But not just what we know, but how different people interpret different fragments of a puzzle that, by design, doesn’t truly fit together in a transparent way.

Wait it just dawned on me… if Linka is also an avatar, and doesn’t age, that conflicts with the fact she and Rex didn’t see Glimmer grown up before meeting in Aionios because Linka was born after Glimmer going by the family picture.

I think if you drill down into some parts of the story it either doesn’t make sense or strains credibility.

Origin is built based on Ontos’ core crystal - but only because it randomly washes up on a beach after Alvis supposedly left.

And Alpha is only beaten thanks to the power of Logos - a core crystal we saw cracked and turn into space dust in XC2…

… with the help of the Pneuma core crystal, which, last we saw, split into two via Pyra and Mythra at the end of the second game.

How did the processor get in the glove? Why is the Pneuma core crystal independent of Pyra and Mythra now? When and how did the Logos crystal became part of N’s sword? Did Origin recreate these things?

I thought it was odd how Glimmer has the same core crystal as the trinity processor and literally nobody comments on it or even wonders why. Not even Glimmer herself. The older characters know why of course, but it felt like something that should come up. Even between Glimmer and A. I get that crystals are almost treated as birth marks in this world, it just seemed odd.

Why is Shulk not bothered that Melia is captured inside Origin? Even after they’ve beaten Alpha and essentially have control of Origin for a brief period?

When Riku explains what happened to the queens, Glimmer and Nikol don’t bat an eyelid, but you kind of think that would be a big revelation for them.

I’m sure someone will answer some of these things, or thread together bits and pieces to come up with something that may or may not be true, but yeah…

Last edited:

Unless Linka just isn't in the family picture. Maybe the photo was to celebrate the newborns and Linka was busy somewhere lol

It's not like Sena is in the picture despite being Morag and Brighid's kid. It's canon nothing can stop me!

Did they say they'd never seen her grown up?

I know at one point Shulk and Rex have a conversation where they say that it's weird to see them grow up again, so I figured that Glimmer was already an adult when origin caught her and put her in the cycle.

Also, why does Nia even have Pyra and Mythra’s Aegis swords floating behind her - if Pneuma is now just a processor and Pyra and Mythra are in origin?

You almost want to see how Melia got captured and how Nia’s isolation was agreed upon.

Also, why does Nia even have Pyra and Mythra’s Aegis swords floating behind her - if Pneuma is now just a processor and Pyra and Mythra are in origin?

I think those are just Nia's water/light/whatever making constructs like Melia's Telethia wings. I don't think there's anything more to it than it reminds Nia of fighting with her friends. It's a fun reference too.

Unless Linka just isn't in the family picture. Maybe the photo was to celebrate the newborns and Linka was busy somewhere lol

It's not like Sena is in the picture despite being Morag and Brighid's kid. It's canon nothing can stop me!
Yes but Sena is obviously younger than Mio, however Linka is 19 I think, it doesn’t fit
Did they say they'd never seen her grown up?

I know at one point Shulk and Rex have a conversation where they say that it's weird to see them grow up again, so I figured that Glimmer was already an adult when origin caught her and put her in the cycle.
Growing up =/= grown up, and if we go by Noah’s age before Aionios, they should all be kids around that time

Yes but Sena is obviously younger than Mio, however Linka is 19 I think, it doesn’t fit

Sena is younger than Mio in this particular cycle.

Remember Noah/Eunie/Lanz find their training partners (from the training cutscene where Joran sucks) in that one sidequest who are now younger than them because they ate it and got recycled before Noah/Eunie/Lanz did.

They were all the same age at the beginning of the game but the training partners died and were recycled so now they are younger.

Sena/Mio's ages in Aionios aren't really indicative of what their ages are in Alrest. Maybe it's close because of what we know about their parents... but yeah.

Sena is younger than Mio in this particular cycle.

Remember Noah/Eunie/Lanz find their training partners (from the training cutscene where Joran sucks) in that one sidequest who are now younger than them because they ate it and got recycled before Noah/Eunie/Lanz did. They were all the same age at the beginning of the game but the training partners died and were recycled so now they are younger.
But Sena isn’t born yet in the family picture, just like Linka. I really don’t think we should assume they’d be elsewhere for some weird reason. Besides, Noah and Mio seem to always meet at the same point of their cycle

But Sena isn’t born yet in the family picture, just like Linka. I really don’t think we should assume they’d be elsewhere for some weird reason. Besides, Noah and Mio seem to always meet at the same point of their cycle

Again, they may not just be in the picture. If you think they have to be in the picture to have been born then I guess that's a plothole for you.

Also, I think Noah and Mio always finding each other is fate/destiny/Xenogears reference.

Z even says they are surpassing the "system of the world" by doing that and is fascinated by them.

Again, they may not just be in the picture. If you think they have to be in the picture to have been born then I guess that's a plothole for you.

Also, I think Noah and Mio always finding each other is fate/destiny/Xenogears reference.

Z even says they are surpassing the "system of the world" by doing that and is fascinated by them.
How could they not be in the picture? They would still be young children at that point because not enough time has passed. The intent of the photo is clear, it’s meant to show the XC2 family. They wouldn’t leave out some of them randomly, and I’m speaking from the developers’ point of view

How could they not be in the picture? They would still be young children at that point because not enough time has passed. The intent of the photo is clear, it’s meant to show the XC2 family. They wouldn’t leave out some of them randomly, and I’m speaking from the developers’ point of view

Okay. 🤷‍♂️

I still don't think there's anything about Glimmer, Rex, and Linka's interactions that create issues but sorry it doesn't work for you.

Okay. 🤷‍♂️

I still don't think there's anything about Glimmer, Rex, and Linka's interactions that create issues but sorry it doesn't work for you.
It all comes down to: do Rex and Linka age in Aionios? Either way you answer this question creates inconsistencies.

It all comes down to: do Rex and Linka age in Aionios? Either way you answer this question creates inconsistencies.

I think it all comes down to how you interpret this line:

YK5CUkf.png

I don't think a character ever really says they've never seen the adult versions of the children. Just that they are celebrating them growing again.

Linka earlier says something like "she looks just like them" which could mean many things, but probably just confirming after however long Linka and Rex have been in Aionios (perhaps very long since they aren't aging) that yes this is the younger version of your kid Rex. (We see Rex realize this pretty fast anyway.)

Linka is likely talking about Pyra and Mythra, but depending on the timeline pre-Aionios, this is a younger version of Glimmer that she never got to see, who was an adult that she knew in Alrest. Especially if the picture indicates Linka hadn't been born yet.

EDIT: Even if they are closer in age, Glimmer being a "big sister" to Linka for example, who's to say the Glimmer growing up in the Agnian war machine doesn't have a subtle difference in appearance than the Glimmer growing up in Alrest leading to Linka not immediately clocking her. (I think Linka does, and they are keeping Glimmer and Nikol's true history from them for obvious mindbreak reasons, but I'm trying to cover all my bases here for why Linka talks around things the way she does lol)

I think this all works out, but if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you.

Last edited:
Well, i've just finished it. I see everyone talking about Gears, X and Saga... unfortunately i've never played any of these games so i had no idea that the radio conversation was about them. Nintendo/Monolith, Bamco and Square, i'm throwing money bills on my cellphone screen, i want them NOW >.<

That being said: i loved the ending. To bits. The Klaus saga has come to its end, and FR really tied the room trilogy together in an emotional, beautiful, heartbreaking, thoughtful, comprehensive and satisfactory way. I have my complaints about some parts of the gameplay (they're on the main thread. I don't know if the game was just too difficult or if was i doing something wrong), but it was overall fun and engaging and quite addictive in the last few days, alongside a fantastic story and characters. XC3, in its entirety, might have been the greatest experience i've ever had in gaming.

Literally all 3 games are set on a dying world which concludes with the world state being reset, because what they had before wasn't sustainable, if that's coming as a surprise to you at this point, that's on you.

The lives of the characters in 3 weren't reset because as the game makes abundantly clear, they retain memories of their experiences even through lives and the same happens at the end, which is what they were beating everyone over the head with when Noah heard and recognised the off seer theme post credits.
Man, some people really don’t like the fact that I didn’t like the ending.
No, XB1 and 2 were not resets like XB3, and no the game doesn’t make it “abundantly clear” that they keep their memories, it was left intentionally vague.
Again, I didn’t come in her to debate the validity of my personal feelings on the ending, I was just asking if I might enjoy the DLC’s story. The fact that people are trying to tell me my opinion is wrong instead of simply answering the question or ignoring my posts is bizarre.

No, XB1 and 2 were not resets like XB3, and no the game doesn’t make it “abundantly clear” that they keep their memories, it was left intentionally vague.
Again, I didn’t come in her to debate the validity of my personal feelings on the ending, I was just asking if I might enjoy the DLC’s story. The fact that people are trying to tell me my opinion is wrong instead of simply answering the question or ignoring my posts is bizarre.
I did not like XC3‘s ending at all. I thought it was too vague and unsatisfying as a conclusion to a standalone story. But I thought it was even worse when viewed as the end of a trilogy which began 12 years ago. I disliked it greatly.

FR feels like a fan fiction story come to life. It serves as an interesting extension of XC and XC2, while being a rather okay setup for the events of XC3.

If you’re in it for one final ride with Rex and Shulk where you visit a bunch of remixed environments from the first game, it’s a good time. It feels like it does tackle the dangling plots threads left behind by those two games… to a point. Do I wish this was the base game, complete with the length and care a full fat Xenoblade gets? Definitely.

It’s also got an addictive web of systems where exploration, combat and quests all contribute to gaining larger unlocks and upgrades.

But this doesn’t solve the issues I had with XC3 and if anything, it serves up even more questions that Takahashi and co just don’t want to answer. Even if, at times, what’s put forward seemingly doesn’t make sense.

I’m happy I played it and I think it does go down more easily than the ending of XC3. But it doesn’t change how I feel about XC3 and isn’t enough to salvage the wreckage that game left behind (imo).

But I probably am in the minority… maybe. I just scrolled through hundreds of comments in the DLC spoiler thread on Reddit and most of them are some variation of ‘this was great - but here are my questions‘. And no one can really answer them with a degree of certainty.

Personally hated the ending of XC3 too, and FR redeemed (pun intented) it! Not quite everyone feels the same way though (see post above), and I’m not saying it was perfect, but it definitely swept away my feelings of sourness.

Back
Top Bottom