• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

If his new project will be announced as early as next month... Why can't that exactly be Xenoblade 3 at the next Direct?
It could still be, Xenoblade could still be coming out soon despite the misgivings of insiders and all that about a chrono cross remaster could be totall bullshit for all I know but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah, not really expecting Xenoblade next direct at all anymore. Expectations were already low but still. I'm thinking the Chrono Cross remaster is the only Mitsuda related thing we'll see.

But hey, he says it's the "first" one, so maybe there's still a chance he's involved with a new Xenoblade and it'll be announced later in the year. We can cope with that I guess

Let's go!

I'm optimistic it'll be related to Xenoblade. That game announcement can't keep being delayed. It has been over 4 years since the release of XC2 (which only had half the team working on it). If the new game were to release at the end of this year or early next year, that would mean 5 years of development time, making it Monolith Soft's longest project ever.

Of course, hype responsibly people. I'm responsible for my own speculations.

The madlad who originally uploaded the full Xenogears Orchestra has now reuploaded it. I highly recommend anyone whose into Xenogears check it out; all of the new renditions are great. The new rendition of Flight (which happens to be at 1:15:25) had me tearing up.

Gone, reduced to copyright

Honestly, looking back at it from a European pov, NOA and Gamestop their handling of the game was outright hilarious. I remember coming across copies of the game for €10 sealed because stores were moving on from the Wii era all the while the US was still being difficult in bringing over a fully localised title for no reason other than just not feeling like it. And Gamestop selling clearly brand new copies as used to be able to have a mark up on the price, but good luck proving that despite the obvious.

Things truly have changed since those days, what a time that was...

Going to see if I can pick this one up soon, it's been on my list for a while now, but never came around to it. Thinking about it, I also still need to finish Xenosaga Episode III since I started last summer... I'll get around to it all eventually 😅
NOA was being pretty weird at the time, it's like bosses at EA and Activision got to Reggie and made him think if it wasn't a multi bazillion seller than it's not good enough, but one of Nintendo's strengths was having games that didn't have the be AAA titles that sell millions every time, the wiiU kinda woke them up from this mindset and they now basically localized like 99% of their games now

Hey. Had to drop by in this thread now that I've finished X for the second time in my life.

I'm that odd kind of Xeno fan that didn't like Xenoblade 1 very much. I can respect its ambitions, but I really didn't have that much of a good time with it. None of the characters really stuck with me and I couldn't quite get into the gameplay.

But I ended up absolutely LOVING X. X is so good?! Like, ridiculously so. I can't sing its praises enough. The world. The Skells. The exploration. The combat. Damn.

Then there's Xenogears of course, another one of my favorite games ever, a game with some pretty heavy topics that it handles with admirable care. It's just that kind of rare, mind-bending story I wish we had more of in gaming.

Have always wanted to try out the Xenosaga games, they have always looked intriguing to me. I haven't played Xenoblade 2 either, but honestly I'm a bit put off by the character designs.

That's how I look at it. I'd prefer Xeno3 since it's a new game, but I'm also super excited for a Chrono Cross remake/remaster/whatever, so I'd be very happy with that too.
I'm more excited for Chrono Cross only because Xenoblade 3 is pretty much a given while CC is still technically only "rumored." I just want the pain of wondering to end, and I'm definitely not "wondering" whether or not a new XB is coming. 😅

Just finished my playthrough of Xenosaga 1. Probably going to take a bit of a break before starting the second one now that Pokémon Legends is out.

Mechanically, it's a pretty clear progression from Xenogears, though I think AWGS kind of got lost in the shuffle, since it's not really useful or desirable to use them most of the time. That said, there are a few specific issues that kinda drag it down, particularly that the save point placement is kind of bad and not really where you'd want them.

The story is still a lot of questions and not a lot of answers, but I assume that will shift as the games continue, and it's pretty obvious where certain things are going given my past experience with the series. I'll probably have more thoughts on that later on.

Also, the game gets a bit of a pass because Monolith was clearly still pretty new at working with 3D characters, but man, the animation is pretty rough. Good looking character models is something they only really nailed recently, but even by Xenoblade 1 their animation was a lot better.

Let's go!

I'm optimistic it'll be related to Xenoblade. That game announcement can't keep being delayed. It has been over 4 years since the release of XC2 (which only had half the team working on it). If the new game were to release at the end of this year or early next year, that would mean 5 years of development time, making it Monolith Soft's longest project ever.

Of course, hype responsibly people. I'm responsible for my own speculations.

Torna took them almost another year. Then the Xeno1 remaster took a bunch of staff. We also know whatever big new title is coming next from them didn't start until Torna was completed. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._new_game_while_working_on_xenoblade_remaster

Xenoblade 2 had a fraction of Monolith soft working on it, but only in the sense that a significant chunk of Monolith is a support studio for other Nintendo projects. There wasn't a block of staff who would otherwise have been working on Monolith internal projects. Those same people will have been working on e.g. BOTW2 now. Based on the companies previous works on their website, Monoliths support arm will have been working on the Animal crossing expansion pack DLC, Splatoon 3, and BOTW2, at bare minimum over the past couple years.

Just finished my playthrough of Xenosaga 1. Probably going to take a bit of a break before starting the second one now that Pokémon Legends is out.

Mechanically, it's a pretty clear progression from Xenogears, though I think AWGS kind of got lost in the shuffle, since it's not really useful or desirable to use them most of the time. That said, there are a few specific issues that kinda drag it down, particularly that the save point placement is kind of bad and not really where you'd want them.

The story is still a lot of questions and not a lot of answers, but I assume that will shift as the games continue, and it's pretty obvious where certain things are going given my past experience with the series. I'll probably have more thoughts on that later on.

Also, the game gets a bit of a pass because Monolith was clearly still pretty new at working with 3D characters, but man, the animation is pretty rough. Good looking character models is something they only really nailed recently, but even by Xenoblade 1 their animation was a lot better.
Cutscene animation was rather improved in Ep2 and they knocked it out of the park for Ep3. After Ep3 they were more than prepared in that department.

Torna took them almost another year. Then the Xeno1 remaster took a bunch of staff. We also know whatever big new title is coming next from them didn't start until Torna was completed. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._new_game_while_working_on_xenoblade_remaster

Xenoblade 2 had a fraction of Monolith soft working on it, but only in the sense that a significant chunk of Monolith is a support studio for other Nintendo projects. There wasn't a block of staff who would otherwise have been working on Monolith internal projects. Those same people will have been working on e.g. BOTW2 now. Based on the companies previous works on their website, Monoliths support arm will have been working on the Animal crossing expansion pack DLC, Splatoon 3, and BOTW2, at bare minimum over the past couple years.
Thanks for the link to the article. I'm pretty sure I already read it but forgot it at some point. If the new game has been developing since August 2018 and, let's say, releases at the earliest December 2022, that would be 4 years of development which would be quite a while.

On a different note, I hope the resolution would stay locked at 720p (or anything above) just like Xenoblade X on the Wii U. Torna definitely looked less crunchy than XC2 even though they're based on the same engine (Torna using a slightly updated one).

I just want to say I finished torna and wow, this is probably my favorable xenoblade experience of all three.
Don't get me wrong, 1 and 2 are both amazing, but torna's ending just so heartbreaking yet so beautiful.

I just want to say I finished torna and wow, this is probably my favorable xenoblade experience of all three.
Don't get me wrong, 1 and 2 are both amazing, but torna's ending just so heartbreaking yet so beautiful.
Torna is an absolutely gorgeous game in every aspect.
I almost teared up when I started NG+, and all of a sudden I was back in the lush woods of Lasaria with Lora and Jin, in a more innocent time.

The new Xeno game went into full production in August 2018, which means its pre-production must have started at least several months before, and that is part of development too. So at this point we're talking about 3.5 years of full development and likely more than 4 since pre-production started.

You second paragraph is completely wrong :p We know that several key staff from XC and XCX went on to work on BotW instead of XC2. The role of MS in BotW is on an entire different level compared to the support that the other games (e.g. ACNH, Splatoon2) got from Monolith's Kyoto studio, which "merely" helped in developing assets.

As a matter of facts Monolith Soft Tokyo was structured into two main production groups following BotW and XC2's development: the 1st division for Xenoblade, and the 2nd for Zelda.

Yep, not sure how popular an opinion it is, but Torna is also my favorite xeno experience.

Monolithsoft updated their website: https://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/

New employee count 273 employees (As of the end of December 2021).
Ooh, shiny. I like the simplistic visuals.

They've also added a news section. The Tech Blog also looks interesting, I'm looking forward to that.

So they've gained 1 more (male) employee since April 2021. Good to see that the number of employees hasn't declined since then!
bg.jpg

Man, I'm a sucker for these kinds of images.

Let's hope these changes are a sign of some imminent reveal.

I still find it crazy that prior to Xenoblade Chronicles, us in Europe only ever got Xenosaga Episode II of all games. I'd love to see a modernisation of Xenogears at some point.

I am so glad to be wrong, you have no idea

Only thing I'm wondering now is: did Mitsuda work on it or not? Because his tweet totally made it sound like we would see one project from him and he definitely worked on Chrono Cross Remaster

I am so glad to be wrong, you have no idea

Only thing I'm wondering now is: did Mitsuda work on it or not? Because his tweet totally made it sound like we would see one project from him and he definitely worked on Chrono Cross Remaster
ACE tweeted pictures from his studio talking about "getting back to work" a while ago, long after work completed on Torna. So I'd bet he's at least producing, and possibly composing a few tracks.

There are some spoilers in here for those who a spoiler averse, but it also have some staffing info. Saito (XC2 main cast) did the character designs, with Koichi Mugitani (Xenosaga III) providing some key artwork. As for the music, the Xenoblade music squad (ACE, Mitsuda, Kiyota, Mariam Abounnasr, and Hiramatsu) is back for this one.

EDIT: Monopon is also back on-line

Last edited:
Just to check... that's the Mechonis' Sword, right?
Yeah, and the titan from XC2's cover (I don't remember if that was Uraya's...)... In other scenes we can see parts of the Fallen Arm and the other recognisable elements... Some elements has me a bit confused... but they're playing with us until we know more details about eh plot and lore.

There are some spoilers in here for those who a spoiler averse, but it also have some staffing info. Saito (XC2 main cast) did the character designs, with Koichi Mugitani (Xenosaga III) providing some key artwork. As for the music, the Xenoblade music squad (ACE, Mitsuda, Kiyota, Mariam Abounnasr, and Hiramatsu) back for this one.

Man, Mitsuda has come a long way from the days when just composing for Chrono Trigger was enough to send him to the hospital LMAO

I have no idea what was going on in that trailer (I barely got into XC1 on Wii). Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Yeah, and the titan from XC2's cover (I don't remember if that was Uraya's...)... In other scenes we can see parts of the Fallen Arm and the other recognisable elements... Some elements has me a bit confused... but they're playing with us until we know more details about eh plot and lore.
Takahashi confirmed in that Introduction statement above that it's Uraya. And... having really loved the Urayan titan's landscape and the music, I'm kinda.. uh.. sad, to see it.. like.. broken the fuck in half??

Since I still have my physical copy of xenoblade 2: to play. I will try to go through it between now and September

I am also buying the expansion pass for the custom difficulty so I can enjoy the combat easily. I have some issues with it despite loving the combat of the first game and loving the first game overall

There are some spoilers in here for those who a spoiler averse, but it also have some staffing info. Saito (XC2 main cast) did the character designs, with Koichi Mugitani (Xenosaga III) providing some key artwork. As for the music, the Xenoblade music squad (ACE, Mitsuda, Kiyota, Mariam Abounnasr, and Hiramatsu) is back for this one.

Just noticed there is already a super huge Xenogears reference just in this initial info alone. The ride never ends.

Not even gonna bother spoilering because this is literally from the intro of Xenogears.

So basically in Xenogears you had these two countries that were stuck in perpetual war against each other, for so long that nobody even remembered anymore what the cause was. The countries were called Kislev and Aveh. At first glance we can already see the names have a slight resemblance to our new two nations at war: Keves and Agnus.

Oh but the fun doesn't end here, of course it's not that simple. In Xenogears people from those countries were known with contempt as "lambs"... guess what the names of our new two nations mean? That's right, "keves" means lamb in Hebrew and "agnus" means lamb in Latin.

This ride never truly ends...

Last edited:
Just noticed there is already a super huge Xenogears reference just in this initial info alone. The ride never ends.

Not even gonna bother spoilering because this is literally from the intro of Xenogears.

So basically in Xenogears you had these two countries that were stuck in perpetual war against each other, for so long that nobody even remembered anymore what the cause was. The countries were called Kislev and Aveh. At first glance we can already see the names have a slight resemblance to our new two nations at war: Keves and Agnus.

Oh but the fun doesn't end here, of course it's not that simple. In Xenogears people from those countries were known with contempt as "lambs"... guess what the names of our new two nations mean? That's right, "keves" means lamb in Hebrew and "agnus" means lamb in Latin.

Takahashi vs Nomura, battle of recreating old ideas

fetchimage

My man just cannot stop recreating Xenogears.

While we can’t reveal them at this time, Koichi Mugitani created some of the game’s key artwork.
HHMMMMMM

How did I even miss this line? I guess my eyes just focused on "Koichi Mugitani" and ignored the first part. Seems like CHOCO has designed some spoiler heavy things or something they don't want to unveil to the public yet.

HHMMMMMM

How did I even miss this line? I guess my eyes just focused on "Koichi Mugitani" and ignored the first part. Seems like CHOCO has designed some spoiler heavy things or something they don't want to unveil to the public yet.
yaaaaaaaaaay more CHOCO ❤️

Since I still have my physical copy of xenoblade 2: to play. I will try to go through it between now and September

I am also buying the expansion pass for the custom difficulty so I can enjoy the combat easily. I have some issues with it despite loving the combat of the first game and loving the first game overall
You don't need the Expansion Pass to change the difficulty.

HHMMMMMM

Like... Controllable mechs?

Have I really not yet posted in this community thread? Time to rectify that.

Beyond excited for 3! I have been replaying Torna recently. Probably should get around to finishing Future Connected before September, huh.

HHMMMMMM

would it be a Takahashi game without CHOCO?

Back
Top Bottom