• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox to Present Developer_Direct, Returning on January 18

Excited to see what Indy ends up being like. I'm cool with an Uncharted/Tomb raider clone.

Also looking forward to seeing more on Avowed. I've never played an Obsidian game or Elder Scrolls but this looks pretty fun, especially that it's not supposed to be so massive.

Hellblade looks really good already, we've seen a lot of it and hopefully it's coming sooner rather than later.

Seems like the game title has leaked. Lucasfilm has bought a bunch of website domains relating too... Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

do any of the indiana jones movie titles invoke a kind of feeling besides the first? "Temple of Doom", "Last Crusade" etc are all pretty bland imo.

Temple of Doom is camp. Last Crusade is a tad boring. Great Circle is probably fine, especially if the game is great.

do any of the indiana jones movie titles invoke a kind of feeling besides the first? "Temple of Doom", "Last Crusade" etc are all pretty bland imo.
still better than "great circle". "doom" already invokes a feeling of a treacherous adventure. and "crusade" gives us a historical context that the audience can apply to the movie.

if there was a much better descriptor, then it would be fine. "Indiana Jones and the Satanic Circle" or some shit

I actually like Last Crusade as a title because it works on multiple levels - it’s a movie about the historical crusades, yes, but it’s also the “last crusade” of Indiana Jones himself and his final adventure. The movie literally ends with him riding off into the sunset.

(Or at least it was supposed to be for a long time and then the sequels ruined that, but hey, we don’t talk about them anyway)

If that leaked subtitle is true, they should have gone to Square Enix for suggestions, because theirs are at least bland in an entertaining way.

Not that it matters as long as the game itself is great.

I wonder if this will be a light test for future MS gaming events. We are getting 1) Diablo Campfire for new season, 2) Developer Direct, and 3) ESO events all in the same day.

I kill those who deserve to be killed.
Nate : kills mercenaries who just attacked unarmed civilians in a village
People : Meh, I don't know... is it ok to kill murderers ? Doesn't that make you look as bad as them ? You know what we should do with murderers ? We should debate them and we should beat them on the marketplace of ideas !

Avowed combat looks jank as hell. visually looks okay, better than the last trailer but idk why the daylight is blown out like it is.

Not sure how I feel about Avowed! I really like the style and palette but...that doesn't look like a ton of fun to play.

Skyrim with guns... but not in space. Starfield already getting one-upped by MS's own lmao

After last year, I kinda expected some sort of shadow drop instead of just a 5th game... Putting the Mana series on gamepass kinda seemed like the play but they just... didn't do it?

Visions of Mana gameplay was unexpected, looking good!

Avowed has me kind of split as well. Something about it feels off just looking at gameplay.

I mean, I've not really heard much of Ara before this, but I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.

Part of me really vibes with the building aspect of Age of Empires/Mythology, so seeing more of this focus as opposed to combat sounds like it's gonna scratch an itch for me (but also I think it'll be better on PC with KBM as opposed to a controller)

Senua looks amazing, not going to lie. I played the game on switch and had a blast. I'll play the sequel on gamepass day 1 for sure.

This voice actor even sounds like Harrison Ford.
It’s an uncanny valley thing for me. It sounds kinda like a mix of him and Patrick Warburton an octave higher than normal.

I kept thinking about the voice rather than listening.

Indy looks good but I can't understand why they'd go first person. Indy is an iconic character - people want to look at him! They seem to realize that, hence why they occasionally just switch to third person in a very awkward way

Avowed looks a bit... generic? And the Civ clone game looks quite fun

Lol was that Todd Howard stealing the idol in the background?

Also this year for Indy is a welcome surprise. Looks pretty good.

Hmmm...can definitely see Indy getting pushed. It looks good, but something about it is telling me it's getting delayed.

Indy looks good but I can't understand why they'd go first person. Indy is an iconic character - people want to look at him! They seem to realize that, hence why they occasionally just switch to third person in a very awkward way

The developer is massively more used to FPS gameplay, but yes, it doesn't match well with the property at all.

(This game also almost certainly has a huge multiplayer focus based on job ads that they're refusing to show)

Indy looks awesome! I was worried about them going first person, but seeing it in action… I'm actually fine with that choice. Punching Nazis in first person just hits different.

I also love how they emphasised a focus on adventure and puzzles, and it's coming later this year?

Sign me up!

Fun fact: One of Bethesda's props from Fallout was actually used during the infamous Fridge scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
It's one of the mannequins in the town that got nuked

(This game also almost certainly has a huge multiplayer focus based on job ads that they're refusing to show)
Or maybe they are working on a new Wolfenstein after Indiana Jones.

For Indy as a FPS, I believe that if they made the game a 3rd person only, the countless "lol Xbox Uncharted" or "Uncharted at home lol" or "lol Uncharted".
Making it a FPS while keeping a 3rd person view for some of the action isn't bad to me, it's a nice mix and change, for once.

I don't feel anything for Avoawed, the total tone shift between the teaser and the first trailer is telling me that it is definitely not taking place in the Tyranny world anymore.

If Indy turns out well I can see myself resubscribing to GamePass at the end of this year to play that and Hellblade 2. Before that my Series S is there for me to finally play Baldur's Gate 3.

Pretty great Indy Direct!

Pikul the Pangolin-dog and that sweet desk hammock were the other standout moments I thought

Day one for Indy and Avowed but I could totally see one of them pushed to early 2025.

Great start by Xbox for 2024 but I doubt it’ll hold off the doom and gloom for long.

Back
Top Bottom