• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox XBox Series Mid-gen refresh leaks

Okay so I’m a little confused here. They’re gonna have a digital only XSX for $500…while Sony has a digital only PS5 for $400? They couldn’t have at least had a price difference from the disc based XSX? Because, ooof, that’s not gonna look good by comparison. Also hoping this doesn’t mean that they’re gonna ditch the disc based XSX and go all digital because that’s something I definitely don’t wanna see happening any time soon, even if that’s what I’m kinda expecting from all 3 by the end of the decade at this point

Last edited:
The device itself seems amaze. Agree with everyone that you can’t sell this at $500 even if it had the extra TB of storage. Hell if need be drop the 2 TB and just launch a 1TB version for $400.

Worst thing about this gen is static pricing even if I love the Switch, PS5, and Xbox Series of consoles.

Phil Spencer's response suggests they're still actively planning this out. which i'd imagine would mainly be referring the lack of mentions for a pro-esque enhanced model.

creating a digital-only series X makes sense as the new "budget" option (the text makes it clear that only the 2TB model is $499) to supersede the Series S midway through the lifecycle. and i seriously doubt they're going to let Sony take over the power crown until next-gen.

If it launched aside the Series X update, a child born when Nintendo and Sony introduced motion controllers would be planning their 18th birthday by the time an October '24 MS motion controller released.

Wait, does the new controller have gyro? I thought it just had an accelerometer for the new wake up function?
Yup that's all I've read in the actual documents too, people seem to be misinterpreting it so widely that people will think the documents said gyro for years to come lol

Back
Top Bottom