• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox XBox Series Mid-gen refresh leaks

I'm pretty sure I found it first, and the Pipeline Discord has been discussing it for a couple hours. But I GUESS it's possible the Era poster found it independently... sure...
I only said this because it was in the tweet. I will update to mention pipeline as well

Quoted by: LiC
I only said this because it was in the tweet. I will update to mention pipeline as well
I'm just kidding. I intentionally decided not to bother making a big deal and post them everywhere. We have tracked down the source of the leaks though. US Government -> me -> Pipeline -> @Lant_War -> PSEra -> LightKiosk -> Era -> Wario64.

So, FBI, please go ahead and arrest all of those people except for me.

Wish the controller had a real dpad but everything looks like a great upgrade otherwise. 2TB for the same price is the biggest thing here. Looks nice. Already got a PC but I'm sure this'll be tempting for those who aren't in the Xbox ecosystem, especially after Starfield.

Edit - didn't notice no disk drive. Guess it's finally that time huh. No more physical games after this generation.

Edit - didn't notice no disk drive. Guess it's finally that time huh. No more physical games after this generation.
Microsoft was already going that way. I’m not entirely sure about Sony but if the supposed sick free upgrades model but with a separate drive add on is true, I could see them going that way. If they go day and date post plus price increase, I see it happening with them. Of course, I don’t know if there is any regulatory issues with this in certain territories.

It's nice to see Microsoft finally embrace gyro controls when Nintendo and Sony have had it in their controllers for years. I hope this means that, with all the major consoles supporting it, gyro aiming and such can truly become a standard option when applicable.

I mean that's great for the all digital crowd.

Those games though is what I'm interested in. A couple big remasters and a new Doom game which I feel like has been inevitable for a bit now.

Those court filings only show 5 pages. Is there anything I'm missing? Because there's like 400 pages it seems, but there's only 5 and they're all disparate separate pages.

Quoted by: LiC
It's nice to see Microsoft finally embrace gyro controls when Nintendo and Sony have had it in their controllers for years. I hope this means that, with all the major consoles supporting it, gyro aiming and such can truly become a standard option when applicable.
Have to imagine it will be in COD at the minimum since that will be on every platform now.

It just says accelerometer, not gyro. I think Wario64 misinterpreted (or an Era poster he read did).

Those court filings only show 5 pages. Is there anything I'm missing? Because there's like 400 pages it seems, but there's only 5 and they're all disparate separate pages.
The document they actually intended to release is just a 5-page PDF of semi-redacted excerpts from Phil Spencer's June 2023 testimony. But they accidentally included 20 additional documents as attachments to that PDF, which were sealed and not meant to be released. And since they were sealed, they are unredacted.

The document they actually intended to release is just a 5-page PDF of semi-redacted excerpts from Phil Spencer's June 2023 testimony. But they accidentally included 20 additional documents as attachments to that PDF, which were sealed and not meant to be released. And since they were sealed, they are unredacted.
Thanks. I heard rumblings of insane Emails between Phil Spencer and other people alongside this leak and I wanted to investigate, but I couldn't find sources myself there.

A new DOOM game?

4ea07b22-1f8a-4add-9591-69186a7afeb0_text.gif

Apparently there's details about a $99 portable console in the documents??? It says it is aiming to be "forward compatible". Gotta be cloud, right?

Apparently there's details about a $99 portable console in the documents??? It says it is aiming to be "forward compatible". Gotta be cloud, right?
Yeah, it's cloud crap
lol what a weird sentiment about one of the best deals in gaming.
until they inevitably raise the price and lower of quality of the stuff added, like a lot of streaming services. Plus the whole not owning your games thing is a massive issue.

It won't be the best deal in gaming from 4-5 years from now.
as far as I'm concerned this is irrelevant to what robert and I are conversing about.
Yeah, it's cloud crap

until they inevitably raise the price and lower of quality of the stuff added, like a lot of streaming services. Plus the whole not owning your games thing is a massive issue.
People who get gamepass know what they are getting into. This isn't the same thing an all-digital future. The gripes with an all-digital console do not relate to gamepass. I don't know how you can conflate the two things in that way. One is a choice of digital and the other is no choice whatsoever.

Everybody knows, in the year of 2023, that all subscriptions go up in price. Doesn't change the value of gamepass now lmao. Maybe you don't understand why consumers are sick and tired of these streaming services.

What if Microsoft makes Minecraft $70. Will that make Nintendo go $70 for their full games?

I will only agree to Nintendo doing $70 games if Xenoblade X Stuck on a Different Planet Edition is priced at $80. We need to show the Xenoblade franchise deserves more respect.

Same price, no disc drive. What am I missing? Is it just the 2tb hard drive? Also those titles... Elder Scrolls 6 in FY2024???
(new doom and dishonored, hype).

Am I misreading this, because it appears to list accelerometers but NOT Gyro, which would mean at best motion controls comparable to the base wii remote when NOT using the sensor bar which was not very reliable for anything other than marble mania style controls.

Last edited:
I'm just kidding. I intentionally decided not to bother making a big deal and post them everywhere. We have tracked down the source of the leaks though. US Government -> me -> Pipeline -> @Lant_War -> PSEra -> LightKiosk -> Era -> Wario64.

So, FBI, please go ahead and arrest all of those people except for me.

I'm surprised the refresh is on 6nm (TSMC?) I was expecting 5nm or even 4nm. The power efficiency is 15% better for the PSU vs the current model. At least the stand by mode is 20% of the current model, but makes you wonder why the idle mode in the current model is that much higher to begin with.

2TB of storage at the same price might actually push me to upgrade. I am happy with my Series S, but I do use it more than enough to justify upgrading to the beefier model at this point.

This is indeed the best thing to come out of the Activision acquisition.

I saw in one of these that the next Xbox system won't support physical games at all? Also the mid-gen refresh is digital only lol.
This gen might be the last one for physical games after all. Well, besides Nintendo I guess.

This is indeed the best thing to come out of the Activision acquisition.

I saw in one of these that the next Xbox system won't support physical games at all? Also the mid-gen refresh is digital only lol.
This gen might be the last one for physical games after all. Well, besides Nintendo I guess.
Sony is litterally promoting FF7 on having two discs

Oh to be a fly on the wall at Xbox HQ right now. They must be livid. I will say that release slate looks like it was from 2019 and plans change though, I wouldn't assume anything not already announced/released is necessarily coming beyond stuff like the yearly ESO expansions.

Doom Year Zero sounds interesting. Potential reimagining of the first game? I'd rather they redo Morrowind than Oblivion personally, but at least with the latter they have the chance to fix the horrendous level scaling system without needing a mod to do it.

this leak is nuts. you don’t see stuff like this everyday. MS must be fuming.

also @Barely Able I know this is super petty of me, but the typo in the thread title is driving me bats

No thread for the Xbox Series successor in 2028? Can we talk about it in here?

Because ... potentially switching to ARM is big.

For those unaware, that's the tech base Nintendo's been using in the Switch.

And that would potentially make MS free to go with nVidia instead of AMD.

I wonder if the DLSS Switch 2 performance spooked Microsoft into doing this sooner. Switch 2 really is shaping up to be a beast.

Day one on that new controller. Hardware redesigns don't do much for me considering I already have a Series X and a Series S. I'll probably give my Series S to a nephew and get the Series X redesign if I'm feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom