• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Would you be interested in another collaboration game like Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

Rather than the SMTxFE that we got I'd like the FExSMT that I'd always imagined; a modern post-apocalyptic setting with Fire Emblem characters, and gameplay somewhere between FE and Devil Survivor where Fire Emblem units are paired with demons that provide expanded options and different attributes.

Other than that I'd like this:

And above all else I want this:

6ea1edc3b0a80bdc48b65fd5e7948060.jpg

Tales of the Golden Sun. I think these two series could synergise well. Golden Sun could be resurrected, and Tales of could get some of its environmental puzzles and dungeons design back. The excessive dialogue from Golden Sun could be thrown into Tales of skits. There are plenty of opportunities for different costumes or spells to use from the djinn class system.
Dude that would be cool but I want a fe x tales of first before we get a golden sun x tales of.

I think TMS is fantastic. But people weren't prepared for that kind of thematic crossover. And then the game got caught in the crossfire of idiots claiming localization is censorship.
every few months I randomly remember that TMS is the game that the "vagina bones" tweet was about and how that's probably it's most significant cultural contribution

Rather than the SMTxFE that we got I'd like the FExSMT that I'd always imagined; a modern post-apocalyptic setting with Fire Emblem characters, and gameplay somewhere between FE and Devil Survivor where Fire Emblem units are paired with demons that provide expanded options and different attributes.
100% this, TMS isn't a bad game, i think it's a fine RPG, but i think it struggles a lot with capturing the spirit of both SMT and Fire Emblem as franchises, TMS plays very differently from those franchises, and is very thematically different, that i think it fails as a crossover more than anything else, as a new game in a new IP, i would be fine with it, but as a massive fan of both FE and SMT, i was extremely disappointed by TMS, even though i don't hate it (or think it's bad), just because as a crossover, it failed hard on my book.

Anyway, another Pokémon Conquest or a Pokémon SRPGs made by Inteligent Systems is an easy sell to me, i loved Conquest dearly (and that game itself was also a crossover with another series, the series that was localized in the west as Nobunaga's Ambition, though since it's a really small IP in the west, the crossover branding was removed for the western release) and i love SRPGs in general, and Pokémon worked really well in that context.

A Fire Emblem X Soul Calibur would go so hard, it's the stuff dreams are made of too.

An F-Zero game made by RGG Studio would be pretty great too, even if it's not a racing game, i think the IP would work really well even for a Brawler, and RGG isn't strange to making Brawlers with other IPs (ie: Hokuto no Ken).

I would also really like a Project X Zone 3 with Square Enix added in the mix, for the wacky crossover shennigans, Bandai Namco x Nintendo x Capcom x SEGA x Square Enix would open the potential for so much silliness and fun character interactions.

100% this, TMS isn't a bad game, i think it's a fine RPG, but i think it struggles a lot with capturing the spirit of both SMT and Fire Emblem as franchises, TMS plays very differently from those franchises, and is very thematically different, that i think it fails as a crossover more than anything else, as a new game in a new IP, i would be fine with it, but as a massive fan of both FE and SMT, i was extremely disappointed by TMS, even though i don't hate it (or think it's bad), just because as a crossover, it failed hard on my book.

The thing is, there's nothing to suggest that TMS was ever supposed to be that kind of crossover. It just got announced long before development had even seriously been worked out because Nintendo was desperate for literally anything to try and prove the Wii U wasn't a dud, to the point where the game had been in active development for all of a single month or something like that.

If it's the poster child for anything, it's that for why announcing games early doesn't work.

Tom Clancy's Battalion Wars - Ubisoft's stab at a tactical shooter on a Nintendo system with some elements and references to Ubisoft's other works like Rainbow Six

Fatal Frame x Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon Snap would be funny to see.

My personal wacky choice that would never ever happen would be Xenoblade x Final Fantasy.

Back
Top Bottom