• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Would you be interested in another collaboration game like Tokyo Mirage Sessions?

Pronouns
he/him
Tokyo Mirage Sessions was the byproduct of Nintendo/Intelligent Systems and Atlus fusing together ideas from Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei (although it wound up more Persona influenced in the end).

I don't know if Nintendo considers this a successful collaboration or not, but I think it'd be fun for them to do it again.

Fire Emblem x Ys - Nintendo and Falcom get together for a Fire Emblem action RPG.
Kid Icarus x Dark Souls - Nintendo and From Software get together for a Souls-style game using the Greek mythology setting of Kid Icarus.
F-Zero x Bayonetta - Nintendo and Platinum Games get together for a high-octane Captain Falcon character action game.
Star Fox x Radiant Silvergun - Nintendo and Treasure get together for a smaller scale Star Fox bullet hell schmup.
The Legend of Zelda x Dragon Quest - Nintendo and Square Enix get together to make a turn-based JRPG set in the Zelda universe.
Metroid x Resident Evil - Nintendo and Capcom get together to make a survival horror Metroid game.

What sort of crossover collaborations would you like to see?

Animal Crossing x Doom

I'd be down for more collabs, but perhaps not as hyper cultural-niche as Tokyo Mirage Sessions 😅

Ubi has beena great tie-in partner.
Their Rabbids collaboration has been a home run, even w/ somewhat stilted sales of the second. That Starfox x Starlink tie-in was freaking cool!

Maybe Kirby x Rabbids is next.

Shout-out to Cadence of Hyrule, absolutely inspired.

F-Zero x Bayonetta - Nintendo and Platinum Games get together for a high-octane Captain Falcon character action game.
Barf. There's so much more to F-Zero than a single guy who normally solves things by racing anyways.
Just because you got introduced to the series by Captain Falcon in Smash does not mean F-Zero should Star Fox Adventures itself into a completely different genre. Platinum's already making a not-F-Zero and that will be a way better idea than just making a game for people who don't want a racing game to be a racing game.
4F_007_EN_q9FaC5HV.png

EDIT: Should mention this also goes for RGG Studio, who I see Nintendo fans bring up a lot because they're what Amusement Vision, the developers of GX, turned into, as if RGG Studio can only make games with combat instead of being born from Sega's division that made racing games and Monkey Ball.

TMS 2, above all.
tokyo-mirage-sessions-fire-emblem.gif

Others:

• Valkyria Chronicles x Fire Emblem: not really much to elaborate lol
  • Splatoon x Anyone who makes turn-based rpgs: weapons could be viewed as "classes" and guarding could also serve as ammo refill, it has a benefit a la OT2/BD2. This also applies to Kirby.
  • Murasame x Team Ninja: KT already had him in Dynasty Warriors for the Wii. Give Takamaru a Nioh or Ninja Gaiden type game.
  • Custom Robo x FROMSOFT: Also do Gunpla collabs and boom.

Yeah sure. I've always thought stuff like Cadence of Hyrule would spawn more of those types of collaborations but nothing really came from it :/

Depends on the collaboration.

Nintendo and WayForward Technologies could make a great Wario game, or just transport Wario directly into Sequin Land but make the gameplay more Wario Land where Wario can’t die. Wario wouldn’t need to dance to transform; he’d just do so anyway to make everyone uncomfortable.

Nintendo and Square Enix should get together and make an RPG with the Mario IP, a Super Mario RPG if you will. That title is already taken so maybe call it “Super Mario RPG 2”.

Just make Super Mario RPG 2.

I would be down for another collaboration game like tokyo mirage sessions as long as it wasn't a game like tokyo mirage sessions

I'd like another TMS that is more Persona-themed but isn't as jpop influenced as TMS was. I enjoyed that game and wouldn't mind more of it if it was a little bit adjusted.

How about Wave Race x Dead or Alive. I know I'd buy it.

Also, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is unironically the best "Persona"-style SMT spinoff game. No idea why it gets the hate it does.

-Takes 40 hours rather than 100 (this is huge, and wins the argument on its own)
-Completely unique setting for a Fire Emblem or SMT game, with fun music videos to boot
-Genuinely funny, with dialogue that doesn't repeat
-No tedious daily activities grind
-No hamhanded tackling of sensitive subjects or homophobia etc, never takes itself seriously at all
-Removes the terrible press turn system from SMT/Persona for a slightly less terrible "sessions" mechanic

KOWASHITAI

Barf. There's so much more to F-Zero than a single guy who normally solves things by racing anyways.
Just because you got introduced to the series by Captain Falcon in Smash does not mean F-Zero should Star Fox Adventures itself into a completely different genre. Platinum's already making a not-F-Zero and that will be a way better idea than just making a game for people who don't want a racing game to be a racing game.
A lot of assumptions being made.

I want more F-Zero racing too.

But there's more to that franchise than just racing.
68038_1_front.jpg

There's a reason spin-offs are common practice.

How about Wave Race x Dead or Alive. I know I'd buy it.

Also, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is unironically the best "Persona"-style SMT spinoff game. No idea why it gets the hate it does.

-Takes 40 hours rather than 100 (this is huge, and wins the argument on its own)
-Completely unique setting for a Fire Emblem or SMT game, with fun music videos to boot
-Genuinely funny, with dialogue that doesn't repeat
-No tedious daily activities grind
-No hamhanded tackling of sensitive subjects or homophobia etc, never takes itself seriously at all
-Removes the terrible press turn system from SMT/Persona for a slightly less terrible "sessions" mechanic

KOWASHITAI
agreed word for word except the battle system. gonna have to push back on that. I love SMT's Press Turn but hate Persona's One More so I take umbrage that they're grouped together lol

it'll never happen but if we get a TMS2 somehow I'll know I'm in the best timeline

Spinoffs when the last wholly original entry was in 2004 is not a great idea. Also the anime did terribly.
I don't know why you assume there can only be one F-Zero game in development. A spin-off doesn't cancel out a mainline game.

Success of the show is irrelevant. It's proof that the IP has potential to expand beyond a racing game. There's a world there that was compelling enough to warrant 51 episodes of content.

I am here to say I was expecting a TMS thread where I could post lots of amazing music from the game... I'd love a part2.

On topic:

Fzero x Star Fox is a given! -> racer or adventure game.
Star Fox x sin and punishment -> on rail and space shooter.
Sin and punishment x Kid Icarus -> on rail and mythological shooter
Pikmin x Fire Emblem -> strategy game
Animal Crossing x Style Savvy -> growing community for us to showcase/sell/trade our latest designs.
Doom x diablo -> doom gameplay, diablo world
Still diver x endless ocean -> island defense x exploring the near coast.

I don't know why you assume there can only be one F-Zero game in development. A spin-off doesn't cancel out a mainline game.

Success of the show is irrelevant. It's proof that the IP has potential to expand beyond a racing game. There's a world there that was compelling enough to warrant 51 episodes of content.
It had the potential, but no one cared cause it was kinda crap for most of it, and also directly killed the series for 2 decades because of Nintendo putting too much budget and faith into F-Zero in the span of 2 years.

I just want Kingdom Hearts X Nintendo. One of the least exciting things in KH4 are going to be the Disney worlds, all the best Disney content has already been used.

Have Koei Tecmo make an action RPG sequel to Super Mario Odyssey in the vein of Persona 5 Strikers.

I am annoyed that no one brought up Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright yet. I genuinely loved that game. Banger music.
Gimme a sequel! Featuring Katrielle Layton and Apollo Justice maybe.

Otherwise, given all the amazing fanart potential, I want more Pokemon x insert tactical RPG series

If we can combine two Nintendo Ip I choose Zelda x Fire Emblem, a Zelda style adventure game where you are either a Lord or the Tactician acquaintance, you go across the lands performing secret missions to get to learn more about the evil demon spirit/dragon that is usually the big bad or you go around recruiting the army and when big major war/battles happen it turns into the classic Fire Emblem tactics style.

I just want a Fire Emblem style action spinoff game where you get to explore the world in more detail.

Edit: I know I know there is Fire Emblem Warriors, but I am not a fan of Musou style games and fighting wave after wave of enemies just gets boring after while.

I'd like another TMS, full stop. Though don't make the main character another boring generic nobody with no goal or actual character development again, first game should've been Tsubasa as the lead.

I'd pay a high price for Fire Emblem x Soul Calibur - either make it a full FE fighting game, or have some crossover with SC characters. Characters can select different weapons that'll change some attributes. Have an arcade mode where you can level up and promote to a new class to gain new moves.

Animal Crossing or Splatoon x Minecraft/Dragon Quest Builders - probably fits AC better. You can craft from gathering blocks, learn recipes to create all kinds of stuff with which you can create entire towns. And villagers will come live in your town if you can make them what they want. I'd love this to be a shameless Dragon Quest Builders clone instead of Minecraft, because I just want a new Dragon Quest Builders game dang it!!!

Zelda x Diablo - action RPG game based on gathering loot, creating characters from different classes and building them up with skills and abilities to your liking. You go through dungeons, fight bosses, level up and stuff. And every season you can choose to make a new character to go through a campaign, while also having co-op. The Zelda twist here is that each class is a different race: you could be a boring Hylian, or a Zora, Goron, Deku, Rito, Gerudo, Kokiri or whatever. Each have their own playstyles and skills to learn. You explore Hyrule and its dungeons, fight familiar enemies from the main series.

Detective Peach x Layton.
Peach, Toad, Layton and Luke head off to solve a series of mysteries and puzzles across the mushroom kingdom.

Fire Emblem x Dragon Quest Builders.
Half the game is building a cool fantasy castle town and the other half is defending it, using the buildings you’ve built for various terrain bonuses.

Yeah I’d absolutely love Like A Dragon X [insert literally any Nintendo Franchise here]

Hear me out:

Like a StarFox. Huge and weird space metropolis full of weird antropomorphic animals that give you side stories. On-foot brawling fights, and boss fights that are basically space dogfights. Arcade cabinets where you play the original SNES starfox and Starfox 64

Here's an idea, maybe someone said it before, maybe it's slightly off topic...

People often say Mario Kart should be expanded out with more characters from non-Mario games.

What if F-Zero is the best place to put those characters? Star Fox, Samus, inklings, Capt Olimar and uh... probably some others would all fit into that game

This way we get two racing series instead of over stretching Mario Kart

TMS 2, above all.
tokyo-mirage-sessions-fire-emblem.gif

Others:

• Valkyria Chronicles x Fire Emblem: not really much to elaborate lol
  • Splatoon x Anyone who makes turn-based rpgs: weapons could be viewed as "classes" and guarding could also serve as ammo refill, it has a benefit a la OT2/BD2. This also applies to Kirby.
  • Murasame x Team Ninja: KT already had him in Dynasty Warriors for the Wii. Give Takamaru a Nioh or Ninja Gaiden type game.
  • Custom Robo x FROMSOFT: Also do Gunpla collabs and boom.
TMS 2 should have one of the Mirage Masters be a vTuber.

I really just want a TMS sequel. Massively underrated game and I had a far more enjoyable time with it over the hateful Persona 4/5, so just…Give me more please.

Considering I have a 100+ page Google Docs and several Google Sheets on how a TMS 2 would go, alongside a smaller Google Docs on what TMS 3 could be, my answer is a resounding YES. (Along with a premise and some general ideas for a true SMT x FE game and a sequel under the same umbrella but with different gameplay mechanics.*)

Other crossovers:
Sakura Wars x Fire Emblem - It's really just Fire Emblem Engage "but now with mechs!" and I'm here for it.

Pokémon x Fire Emblem - Instead of Pokémon Conquest, it's more like Mystery Dungeon in that you're controlling a group of Pokemon. The story and gameplay would be more Fire Emblem, with equipable weapons, lots of characters that are different Pokémon, and SRPG gameplay, but the mechanics of battle would be based around Pokémon, with moves, types, and STABs. Yes, I've thought this out too. (Any notes I have are from 2022 though.)

Pokemon x Stardew Valley - It really astonishes me that Pokemon hasn't done a 2D farming-sim game. It's one of those ideas that seems like the simplest thing in the world. (And probably not too hard to outsource if set up right.) Have it so not only are you farming, but you're building parks and areas to attract wild Pokemon that you can then capture and train. As you set up your area, you attract trainers and gym leaders from different regions based on what you're making. (I.E. a high-tech area that attracts Steel and Electric Pokemon may mean that Volker is likely to visit your town and stay for a while as you befriend him, while focusing on a pond for dragons may mean that Drake comes instead.) Add in "seasonal events" for the game, like in the mobile games, and you've got a LOT of content to mine. The fact that there are several other farming sim games out there that have monster-catching mechanics instead tells me that there's a market for this, if TPC, Game Freak, and Nintendo are willing to commit.

X-Com x Star Wars - Give me an X-Com-esque game set in the Star Wars world. I've seen the mods so I know it's possible! You can either have it as a small Rebel operation that later joins the Rebellion and helps out, or have it set in a different time period so we can see Jedi. Either way works! Just something that focuses on small squad gameplay in a TBS environment. (I'd argue that we could do RTS also, but I'd rather that be something else.)

*The TMS games would be rebranded as focusing on music and Persona-esque social mechanics, with each game using a different style of combat for its own individual identity. The SMT x FE proper games would contain darker stories and gameplay closer to SMT.

Metaphor Fantazio can be a Fire Emblem game. I wish that was atlus did though I have finished TMS on the Switch and loved it.

I think I've posted these two ideas in a similar thread in the past but

Fire Emblem x Pokémon - yes I know we have Conquest, but Pokémon could be such a good skin over Fire Emblem mechanics. Unit promotions would be evolutions, and instead of weapons with durability, you could have special moves with PP that replenish for each map. For example two uses of fire blast that's a really powerful AOE, five uses of flamethrower that's weaker but hits several tiles in a straight line forward, etc.

Star Fox x NieR: Automata - from a gameplay perspective at least. Similar on foot combat with your blaster replacing the droid and your deflector serving as a parry. Then Automata's shmup sections for level transitions

Rather than the SMTxFE that we got I'd like the FExSMT that I'd always imagined; a modern post-apocalyptic setting with Fire Emblem characters, and gameplay somewhere between FE and Devil Survivor where Fire Emblem units are paired with demons that provide expanded options and different attributes.

Other than that I'd like this:

I'd pay a high price for Fire Emblem x Soul Calibur - either make it a full FE fighting game, or have some crossover with SC characters. Characters can select different weapons that'll change some attributes. Have an arcade mode where you can level up and promote to a new class to gain new moves.

And above all else I want this:

6ea1edc3b0a80bdc48b65fd5e7948060.jpg

Tales of the Golden Sun. I think these two series could synergise well. Golden Sun could be resurrected, and Tales of could get some of its environmental puzzles and dungeons design back. The excessive dialogue from Golden Sun could be thrown into Tales of skits. There are plenty of opportunities for different costumes or spells to use from the djinn class system.

Yes. And I don't simply mean it as Nintendo crossovers with third party IPs; those are sweet too. I mean that I would be interested in Tokyo Mirage Sessions becoming a subseries in which the gimmick is that each entry crosses over with a different Nintendo IP.

Give me a Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Mushroom Kingdom about bishie Mario and Luigi forming a duet and starting a massive beef with a metal band led by Bowser, or a Tokyo Mirage Sessions: Hyrule about, I dunno, spoiled, rich princess Ruto trying to win Link's heart through the power of kowashitai music.

It's never gonna happen, obviously, because TMS didn't exactly set the world on fire, but I would be all over that.

I think I've posted these two ideas in a similar thread in the past but

Fire Emblem x Pokémon - yes I know we have Conquest, but Pokémon could be such a good skin over Fire Emblem mechanics. Unit promotions would be evolutions, and instead of weapons with durability, you could have special moves with PP that replenish for each map. For example two uses of fire blast that's a really powerful AOE, five uses of flamethrower that's weaker but hits several tiles in a straight line forward, etc.

Star Fox x NieR: Automata - from a gameplay perspective at least. Similar on foot combat with your blaster replacing the droid and your deflector serving as a parry. Then Automata's shmup sections for level transitions
The funny thing is that the producer at Nintendo that first pitched an FExSMT crossover originally pitched an FExPokemon crossover, but it was shot down because Pokémon Conquest was in production at the time.

Back
Top Bottom