• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions "Will Metroid Prime 4 Show Up In The Next Nintendo Direct" Betting Poll

prime 4 for next direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll vote "yes".

I side with the notion that they wouldn't have dropped Re-Prime earlier this year, if they weren't ready to talk about the awaited sequel. To me, its release began the countdown until Sylux gets his chance to make an impression.

That would be crazy cause prime 4 was revealed the year switch launched now prime 4 first gameplay going to be shown the year switch 2 is launched. Means prime 4 would pretty much be skipping the gen of the system that it was revealed with
Nioh: "First time?"

Well I'm counting Dread as something of a follow up to Samus Returns, so I mean just getting 6 would make it like a pseudo-trilogy, which I consider quite possible.
Metroid Samus Return is Metroid 2 remade for 3DS, Metroid Dread is a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion

No we won't. I am not even sure about 2024. Yes it's a Switch game. So what? Imo it's a no deadline project, like Wonder. We will have it when it's ready. It might be now, next year, in two years etc.

Quoted by: Ab
I trust the process, but I'm not going to take part in the bet.

Also, @SpaceGodzilla did you mean for the tag to be added to the username, or the custom title? Usernames are not something people can change by themselves, so that would mean getting staff to do 50ish name changes manually and then undoing them 2 weeks, seems like a kind of laborious ask. Custom titles makes more sense to me

Nintendo could have released Prime 1 in February just because they thought their pre-TotK lineup was weaker than the rest of the year.

Their pre TotK lineup otherwise was

Fire Emblem Engage
Kirby remake
Bayonetta spinoff
Advance Wars 1+2 Remake

Obviously not bad, but these are not huge games sales-wise and games (other than Engage) that were not super high budget.

Nintendo could have released Prime 1 in February just because they thought their pre-TotK lineup was weaker than the rest of the year.

Their pre TotK lineup otherwise was

Fire Emblem Engage
Kirby remake
Bayonetta spinoff
Advance Wars 1+2 Remake

Obviously not bad, but these are not huge games sales-wise and games (other than Engage) that were not super high budget.
Neither was Metroid Prime Remastered. It’s another remastered game mixed with another remake Kirby and remake Advance Wars. They’re all in the same boat.

Personally felt that MP4 has been a 2024 title for a considerable amount of time now. I think we will get a reveal either this direct or the first one next year. First time I’m willing to say I think there’s potential in seeing it in this direct or the next one. ToTK was their big flagship title that they wanted to focus on for their hardcore audience. MP4 will be the next one to be focused on and marketing like ToTK was for a few years. MP remasters timing was to start getting the audience primed for a release in the next year or two. I could see Metroid 6 being ready around a similar time frame due to how long it took for the development of Dread after Returns accounting for a pandemic. Presumably Mercury Steam would be able to produce a new 2D Metroid quicker now that they have built the engine for Dread and have developed an original Metroid title now.

I trust the process, but I'm not going to take part in the bet.

Also, @SpaceGodzilla did you mean for the tag to be added to the username, or the custom title? Usernames are not something people can change by themselves, so that would mean getting staff to do 50ish name changes manually and then undoing them 2 weeks, seems like a kind of laborious ask. Custom titles makes more sense to me
Custom

Sure, but then none of them will overshadow each other, lol.
In theory, they wouldn't overshadow each other regardless because all of those games are different genres and appeal to different audiences. There is no true monolithic "Nintendo fan" that likes all Nintendo-published games equally.

Hard to predict. If those F-Zero GX rumors are true, I can totally see them open with Splatoon 3: Side Order, then end with F-Zero GX with Prime 2 and 3 also announced. Nintendo is not adverse to ending Directs with remasters, as September 2019 ended with Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

It can go either way, actually. I'm gonna be a fence sitter on this one.

Hard to predict. If those F-Zero GX rumors are true, I can totally see them open with Splatoon 3: Side Order, then end with F-Zero GX with Prime 2 and 3 also announced. Nintendo is not adverse to ending Directs with remasters, as September 2019 ended with Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

It can go either way, actually. I'm gonna be a fence sitter on this one.

I'm extremely doubtful Nintendo would do a big budget remake of F-Zero GX.

I'm extremely doubtful Nintendo would do a big budget remake of F-Zero GX.
In my mind, it would be about sending a message that they're doubling down on bringing back old franchises, and I don't think both Metroid Prime Remastered and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition had such skyhigh expectations, plus they were built on the original games. I feel like a good GX remaster would also not break the bank and do modestly well.

It would also signal that Prime 4 would be held back for cross-gen while Prime 2 and 3 await.

In my mind, it would be about sending a message that they're doubling down on bringing back old franchises, and I don't think both Metroid Prime Remastered and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition had such skyhigh expectations, plus they were built on the original games. I feel like a good GX remaster would also not break the bank and do modestly well.

It would also signal that Prime 4 would be held back for cross-gen while Prime 2 and 3 await.

Why would it send any of these signals.

Doesn't it always?

yes, to confirm it'll still come to switch

only because the next time they'll talk about it will be Drake reveal and they'll never bring up the switch version again

Voting yes because it's been so long and I can't imagine the next direct won't have any major new game announcements rather than just focusing on Wonder/SMRPG. How long will Retro have been working on it by now after the dev swap? Three years?

Still waiting on that fabled DK Switch game though.

Hey SpaceGodzilla, we updated your OP to reflect it’s about custom titles so there’s no confusion later. As @hologram mentioned (thanks btw!), username changes require staff involvement so betting threads should stick to changes that can be made at the user level. Otherwise all good here, enjoy the betting everyone! -xghost777, MondoMega, Aurc

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

( I only played Metroid Prime Remaster 1 month ago and never have played a Metroid game)

How selfish of me for the people waiting for decades!!! What a waste that i never got into this game!!

Last edited:
I think it's likely it will be released next year, but I don't wanna make bets. More like one year from now for release.

It is time, and I think Nintendo is going to burn some goodwill with certain early adopters if they don't show the game before the hardware rides off into the sunset.

Let's go.

I would put equal chances of Silksong and Prime 4 appearing in the next Direct....which is about a 2% chance.

No we won't. I am not even sure about 2024. Yes it's a Switch game. So what? Imo it's a no deadline project, like Wonder. We will have it when it's ready. It might be now, next year, in two years etc.
Yes. But why have they shown... literally nothing during this time?

I voted no, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a logo, perhaps updated, or even an added subtitle. It'll probably be part of an infographic or sizzle real for games to look forward to in 2024, reassuring customers that Nintendo will continue to support the Switch into the near future.

Wow I voted no and made this literally 50/50. There's just no way my favorite series gets a sequel re-revealed. Just like there was no way MPR existed.

How can Prime 3 be so old? I just realized it released in 2007, man, it was 10 years before the Switch's release o_O

JvqWfWo.gif

Back
Top Bottom