• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions "Will Metroid Prime 4 Show Up In The Next Nintendo Direct" Betting Poll

prime 4 for next direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm disturbed by OP's lack of faith in the process.

But in all seriousness, we're over 4.5 years out from when Nintendo announced that development restarted. It feels like enough time has passed to get something solid, assuming development has been going well (COVID delays notwithstanding).

Last edited:
step right up step right up, time for the next betting poll

if Team "Yes" wins the losers have to add #trusttheprocess to their user name for 2weeks

if Team "No" wins the losers have to add #theprocessbroke to their user name for 2 weeks

See but, I don't think MP4 will show up, but that doesn't mean I don't trust the process. I just think it will continue to instill in us the virtue of patience. Patience is the very most important part of trusting the process.

To anybody saying No:

200w.gif

the process has failed every direct for the past 5 years. i see no reason for the process to suddenly work when Prime 4 being announced later as a cross-gen release makes more sense.

Not voting, leaning towards yes but don't feel confident enough to bet on it

Nope.

Sticking with my belief that it will launch simultaneously with the new console, ergo '24/25. We won't see anything until we're in sniffing distance.

Not gonna place a bet, sorry. :p

I'm so used to the lack of a Metroid Prime 4 tease or trailer that I'd almost say "no". But it has to be there this time, right?!

Yes. They've shadowdropped Metroid Prime Remastered in February knowing it would generate a lot of buzz for the franchise and more people would be familiarized with the franchise's gameplay and atmosphere for a reveal of Prime 4 later in the year and release in 2024.

Whether what we get is something more akin to Bayonetta 3 or TotK re-reveal in 2021 with a generic 2022 release year(so a Metroid Prime 4 reveal trailer with a 2024 release year and the game comes in the holidays) or something like TotK in Sep 2022 and ACNH at E3 2019, as in a trailer with a release date 6-9 months away(so March or May) is what I'm still not sold on.

What will be better for the game? A Q1 2024 release as the "next big thing" after Wonder and RPG(like Pikmin 4 was the next big thing after TotK, and it worked brilliantly) to ride the hype of the Mario holiday and sell to the millions that bought Switch in the holiday season? A May launch as a big deal, meaning a longer marketing like TotK and it being featured as ending in September and February Direct, getting a Treehouse, maybe a demo, and a hype AF final trailer, coming in a slower month with all spotlight on it? Or it coming in October/November 2024 as a cross gen title?

Whatever it is, my bet is that the game will show up at the September Direct. They gotta give something for Switch owners to look forward in 2024 - they've already given 2 games in June despite the stacked H2. And if it's cross gen, that's another reason, because not all of the Switch 2 games will be revealed on its event(like BotW getting a blowout on the Wii U in June 2016 instead of waiting for Switch reveal). They gotta have games already hyped for when they show the hardware people get new looks on games they're already interested in.

Yes.

Hopefully next direct they also shadowdropped Prime 2 Remaster.

Prime 4 trailer and with a generic 2024 release or if not a more specific date like ā€œspring 2024ā€.

The cross gen stuff is pretty funny tbh. Because Nintendo would announce it now and get all the money from it on switch. Then later on announce it for Switch 2 and get money again.

If you announce it for cross gen then alot of people will pick one or the other.

I voted yes. I'm feeling it this time.

Also, if the Switch 2 is backwards compatible, does the "crossgen" distinction even matter? We know for a fact that it's still coming to Switch either way, so it's not going to be a Switch 2 exclusive at least.

the process has failed every direct for the past 5 years. i see no reason for the process to suddenly work when Prime 4 being announced later as a cross-gen release makes more sense.
The process isn't exclusively in reference to Metroid Prime 4. Since Famiboards has launched (and this place is still under two years old!), I've gotten Metroid Dread, the game I've spent my whole life waiting for, and Metroid Prime Remastered, a game myself and many other fans have anticipated for years. The process has been working its magic in a big way. It hasn't failed in the slightest. It has been, and will continue to be a roaring, overwhelming success. Faith is imperative. Conviction is everything. Trust the process.

The cross gen stuff is pretty funny tbh. Because Nintendo would announce it now and get all the money from it on switch. Then later on announce it for Switch 2 and get money again.

If you announce it for cross gen then alot of people will pick one or the other.
if it's back-word compatible why the hell would people repurchase Prime 4 on Switch ?, If it's cross gen at launch then you not only get the OG Switch audience you also get the launch game boost with people buying it along there new console

I'm going to say Yes, tho it will probably be like the Bayonetta 3 re-reveal trailer nothing much but it will give us a release window at least.

I didn't want to let myself believe, I didn't want to let myself FEEL again, but after the amiibo restock thing, I think Metroid Prime 4 is surely present at the next General Direct.

The discussed Greek amiibo shop is straight up taking open pre-orders for the Samus Returns Samus amiibo (single). Like, WHAT THE FUCK! That has to mean something. This store didn't just coincidentally find a box full of one of the rarest amiibo around in one of their warehouses. This is a reprint. If they aren't joshing, why would Samus (SR) be getting a reprint in 2023? This isn't Zelda, this isn't Mario, this is Metroid. You don't just get a random Metroid re-stock of anything :cry:. This is it!

THE PROCESS ENDS THIS SEPTEMBER

I voted without seeing the terms. Oh well! This is our final clash @Aurc
"Final"? There's no finality until Metroid Prime 4 at long last makes its appearance in a Direct. It could be this one. It could be the next. It could be the one after that! We don't know. The process is benevolent, but not beholden to our whims. We can only trust, never force. We will clash for as long as it takes. Patience is a virtue. Conviction is everything.

no, Metroid Prime 4 rereveal will be directly linked to Nintendo next hardware(despite being a cross-gen game),Nintendo will use the game as a techinal/graphical showcase for it next console

I'm confident it will be there, but I won't vote because I can't agree to the terms. The process does not break. It does not go away simply because we did not get what we wanted. It is everlasting. Even when Metroid Prime 4 releases, the process will still be there working its magic on other projects. Long live the process. Trust the process.

Samus wearing one of these.

METROIDS FEAR ME
X FEAR ME
ING TURN THEIR EYES AWAY FROM ME AS I WALK
NO SPACE PIRATE DARE MAKES A SOUND IN MY PRESENCE
I AM ALONE IN THIS VAST UNIVERSE

O2spVH1.png

Yes. They've shadowdropped Metroid Prime Remastered in February knowing it would generate a lot of buzz for the franchise and more people would be familiarized with the franchise's gameplay and atmosphere for a reveal of Prime 4 later in the year and release in 2024.

Whether what we get is something more akin to Bayonetta 3 or TotK re-reveal in 2021 with a generic 2022 release year(so a Metroid Prime 4 reveal trailer with a 2024 release year and the game comes in the holidays) or something like TotK in Sep 2022 and ACNH at E3 2019, as in a trailer with a release date 6-9 months away(so March or May) is what I'm still not sold on.

What will be better for the game? A Q1 2024 release as the "next big thing" after Wonder and RPG(like Pikmin 4 was the next big thing after TotK, and it worked brilliantly) to ride the hype of the Mario holiday and sell to the millions that bought Switch in the holiday season? A May launch as a big deal, meaning a longer marketing like TotK and it being featured as ending in September and February Direct, getting a Treehouse, maybe a demo, and a hype AF final trailer, coming in a slower month with all spotlight on it? Or it coming in October/November 2024 as a cross gen title?

Whatever it is, my bet is that the game will show up at the
September Direct. They gotta give something for Switch owners to look forward in 2024 - they've already given 2 games in June despite the stacked H2. And if it's cross gen, that's another reason, because not all of the Switch 2 games will be revealed on its event(like BotW getting a blowout on the Wii U in June 2016 instead of waiting for Switch reveal). They gotta have games already hyped for when they show the hardware people get new looks on games they're already interested in.
Metroid always felt a second half game, septembre/octobre, if Metroid Prime 4 is finaly release the game will come end of next year

The discussed Greek amiibo shop is straight up taking open pre-orders for the Samus Returns Samus amiibo (single). Like, WHAT THE FUCK! That has to mean something. This store didn't just coincidentally find a box full of one of the rarest amiibo around in one of their warehouses. This is a reprint. If they aren't joshing, why would Samus (SR) be getting a reprint in 2023? This isn't Zelda, this isn't Mario, this is Metroid. You don't just get a random Metroid re-stock of anything :cry:. This is it!
R8LnMXz.jpg

THE GALAXY IS NOT IN PEACE AGAIN ā„¢ļø this Fall ...

See but, I don't think MP4 will show up, but that doesn't mean I don't trust the process. I just think it will continue to instill in us the virtue of patience. Patience is the very most important part of trusting the process.
Tell that to Philadelphia 76ers fans.

Stopped expecting it long ago. When the next console comes out and we still havenā€™t seen any footage then Iā€™ll start worrying. On the bright side I can only be pleasantly surprised now.

I bought a Switch for this game in 2017

A sequel to Dread feels more likely to show up. Let's go for a full MercurySteam trilogy of 2D Metroid games in between Prime 4's announcement and release baby!
"I can't believe we got Metroid 5, 6, and 7 before we got Metroid 4! Does Nintendo know how to count?"

Last edited:
We aint seeing that game until 2024 when the Switch 2 is revealed.
That would be crazy cause prime 4 was revealed the year switch launched now prime 4 first gameplay going to be shown the year switch 2 is launched. Means prime 4 would pretty much be skipping the gen of the system that it was revealed with

A sequel to Dread feels more likely to show up. Let's go for a full MercurySteam trilogy of 2D Metroid games in between Prime 4's announcement and release baby!
if will be unbelievable if Metroid 6 and 7 release on Nintendo next consoles(Switch sucessor and the successor of the Nintendo Switch, 2 woule generations and basically nothing), if this happen i gonna curse Nintendo for all eternity

if will be unbelievable if Metroid 6 and 7 release on Nintendo next consoles(Switch sucessor and the successor of the Nintendo Switch, 2 woule generations and basically nothing), if this happen i gonna curse Nintendo for all eternity
Well I'm counting Dread as something of a follow up to Samus Returns, so I mean just getting 6 would make it like a pseudo-trilogy, which I consider quite possible.

dang it, I couldn't help myself but vote before reading the conditions, not really into username/avatar bets but can't rescind my vote šŸ˜«

Well I'm counting Dread as something of a follow up to Samus Returns, so I mean just getting 6 would make it like a pseudo-trilogy, which I consider quite possible.
Dread is more of a sequel to SR than it is to fusion so I'm with you on that

Unless I missed something, I don't think we have any actual reason to believe that it's going to be on Switch 2 (aside from backwards compatibility).
We also don't have any reason it won't be cross gen with prime 4

Back
Top Bottom