• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion What're You Playing This Weekend, Fami? | 10/14 -10/16 |

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
480cc50c6d80bbf74464e6154e485d2f6f9318d8r1-371-209_hq.gif

It's that time of the week! The WEEKEND.
Ahh, the weekend. Time off. Friends and family. VIDEO GAMES.
You know what to do. Tell us what you're gonna be playing this weekend!

My now-playing list hasn't changed much at all over the past few weeks:

giphy.gif

• God of War 2018 (PS5)
I think I'm nearing the end-game now. I might not roll credits this weekend but I expect I'll get close. I still don't think the game is all that great gameplay-wise, but the story is one of the best I've experienced in a video game.

giphy.gif

• Final Fantasy VII (NSW)
I'm out of Midgar and finally exploring the world. The game really feels like it opens up at this point in a big way. I just played through the sequence where Cloud is recalling his visit to Mt. Nibel with Sephiroth, when the scene that this iconic gif is from happens.

grid-legends-2415483.jpg

• GRID Legends (XSS)
This is proving the be a fairly unremarkable racing game. I get what they're going for with the real-life actors, trying to mimic Drive To Survive to tell a story, but I really don't care about a story in a racing game like this. I'm about halfway through the story mode according to HLTB, and I really am just pushing through to the end so I can move on to something else. It's not that it's bad, it's just kinda basic. Unexciting. I'm happy I got this on Game Pass and I didn't spend $60 on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What about you?

Are you still stuck into Splatoon 3? Trying to wrap up those last few sidequests in Xenoblade 3? Or maybe you're gonna play something for Fami's Halloween Community Challenge? Inquiring minds want to know!

More NieR. Going for all of the endings, it's going pretty well!

Also plan on continuing Majora's Mask for the Halloween event.

Dead by Daylight, I play that pretty much every day.

I have a couple things started on PS5 like Ratchet and Clank and Guardian’s of the Galaxy which I might play some of as well, not sure.

Keeping steady with Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3, but I’ll also be checking out Scorn this weekend on Xbox. Reviews on that one are all over the place! Hoping it sticks its landing that’s been like eight years in the making.

Those are some great plays, Red! Nice! I got the Platinum for God of War back in 2018, and enjoyed the experience quite a bit. As for Final Fantasy VII, I played some of the original after finishing Remake (loved it), but haven't gone back to it yet. Keep meaning to. Definitely plan to play through both it, and the upcoming Crisis Core remaster, before Rebirth comes out.

Spoilers for FF7 Remake: I found Jessie to be one of the most endearing characters. She was definitely my favorite, so the reveal at the end that Biggs survived gives me hope that Jessie did, too. I wanna see her back again in Rebirth! The name even fits!

Lately, I've lacked the time to play anything, unfortunately, but I did recently go through AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) for the first time, and I keep meaning to make an LTTP for it. I think I'll give it a second playthrough, before I do that. Fantastic experience that took me way too long to finally get to!

I finally finished Xenoblade 2 this week, so whatever time I find this weekend I'll play A Link Between Worlds. I started it recently and beat the first few dungeons. It's been fun so far.

Continuing my playthrough of Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered and also going to start playing Scorn, which just released on Game Pass a few hours ago.

I'm so worried about the Brazilian elections that it's been hard to find any mood to play video games. Plus I have to travel to Sao Paulo (which I hate) on Sunday afternoon and stay the whole week there, so yeah... probably nothing.

Those are some great plays, Red! Nice! I got the Platinum for God of War back in 2018, and enjoyed the experience quite a bit. As for Final Fantasy VII, I played some of the original after finishing Remake (loved it), but haven't gone back to it yet. Keep meaning to. Definitely plan to play through both it, and the upcoming Crisis Core remaster, before Rebirth comes out.

Spoilers for FF7 Remake: I found Jessie to be one of the most endearing characters. She was definitely my favorite, so the reveal at the end that Biggs survived gives me hope that Jessie did, too. I wanna see her back again in Rebirth! The name even fits!

Lately, I've lacked the time to play anything, unfortunately, but I did recently go through AM2R (Another Metroid 2 Remake) for the first time, and I keep meaning to make an LTTP for it. I think I'll give it a second playthrough, before I do that. Fantastic experience that took me way too long to finally get to!
The Crisis Core remake is what pushed me to finally play FF7! I wanna get through this, then move on to FF7R and Crisis Core (which looks incredible) before Rebirth.

You totally should make a LTTP for AM2R! It's one of the only 2D Metroids I haven't played, along with the original Metroid II.

The Crisis Core remake is what pushed me to finally play FF7! I wanna get through this, then move on to FF7R and Crisis Core (which looks incredible) before Rebirth.

You totally should make a LTTP for AM2R! It's one of the only 2D Metroids I haven't played, along with the original Metroid II.
I'll just say this: you definitely made the right call, opting to play through OG FF7, before Remake. I wonder what you'll think of it! Hope you like it.

AM2R really is amazing. Growing up, I played a lot of Zero Mission, and AM2R builds upon ZM's framework in an organic way. Feels a lot like what a Metroid 2 remake could've been like on the GBA! The Metroid fights themselves aren't great, but they kind of drag down every version of Metroid 2, unfortunately. Fighting the same copy and pasted bosses for the whole game just isn't super thrilling. I liked Samus Returns's take on them more, since at least they had those cool counters Samus could pull off.

More Trails From Zero!
I'm near the end of Chapter 3 so if I have enough time I can probably beat the game this weekend.

Visiting family this weekend so I’m in portable mode.

So Bayonetta 2 on my own, working on the holiday challenges with Mario Odyssey, Mario 64, and Bloodstained or playing some Splatoon 3 when chilling with the family.

Still playing SAO Alicization Lycoris. Now on chapter 2-3 and just getting the map filled with more quests

Back in the N64 days I was able to get 100 points on every single Pilotwings 64 mission except for one, which I could never get above 99, so I'm going to see if I can finally get that perfect 100 on everything with the nice new uncapped framerate on Switch.

Playing Pokémon Sword again, fully knowing I might possibly burn myself out on Pokémon before Scarlet and Violet. But I don’t care because this game is very fun. I like it more every time I replay it. People always say this game is extremely easy, but it doesn’t feel any easier than most Pokémon games to me. I went into the 4th and 5th gyms without a type advantage, and won both with my last Pokémon. The gyms in this game are exhilarating, especially with the stadium atmosphere. And raids are still addictive as ever, super glad they’re returning in SV. Makes me really hope the whole Wild Area economy comes back with Watts and TRs.

I’ve also fairly recently gotten into Splatoon 3. It took a while to shake off the rust but I’m really liking it. Finally found some weapons that speak to me. I still never find myself using the squid roll or squid surge though. Salmon Run is a chaotic mess of a mode but I love it anyways. And I beat the campaign last week and absolutely loved it.

I should be playing more Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak but I already got all the new armor sets from the new monsters and don’t really feel like grinding for Anomaly stuff so I might do the weekly event quests and play around a bit before going back to Splatoon 3 and Pokémon Sword.

Will mostly be Nier for me with maybe some Splatoon, Xenoblade and maybe no man’s sky if I have time.
Want to finish up Nier before Mario + rabbids and persona next week

Still on Blossom tales 2. I love these type of Zelda clones, just enjoy exploring and upgrading everything. I really hope a new 2d Zelda is revealed soon. I miss these type of games.

I’m returning to my switch to play Super Mario 64 and Banjo for the badges. Maybe a horror game for that badge if my hand will cooperate. Dead space for something serious, five nights at Freddy’s for something more low key if it won’t cooperate.

Gonna be more Genshin Impact Sumeru for me. May finally be able to jump back into Xenoblade 3 next weekend...maybe sunday if I really grind out what I got left in patch 3.1.

I'm multi-tasking many games but this should be a somewhat safe bet on what I am going to play.

* Final Fantasy 7 [NSW]
Slowly progressing, just arrived at KALM and had a little bit of storytelling at the Inn. Will play bits and pieces every now and then..

* Starcraft 2 ]PC]
Playing some multiplayer with my brother.

* Nier: Automata [NSW]
Will find some time to progress here as well

* MHR: SB [NSW]
Will likely find an hour or so to kill som monsters with a few friends when family is sleeping.

* Rayman Legends [WII U]
My daughter just discovered this game, and damn it's still so much fun and truly the best version of this game.
A new Rayman please!

I'm multi-tasking many games but this should be a somewhat safe bet on what I am going to play.

* Final Fantasy 7 [NSW]
Slowly progressing, just arrived at KALM and had a little bit of storytelling at the Inn. Will play bits and pieces every now and then..

* Starcraft 2 ]PC]
Playing some multiplayer with my brother.

* Nier: Automata [NSW]
Will find some time to progress here as well

* MHR: SB [NSW]
Will likely find an hour or so to kill som monsters with a few friends when family is sleeping.

* Rayman Legends [WII U]
My daughter just discovered this game, and damn it's still so much fun and truly the best version of this game.
A new Rayman please!
It's amazing how we started playing FF7 at basically the exact same time, and now a few weeks later we are at almost the exact same point in the game.

Playing a lot more again recently:

Pilotwings 64 (Switch) - actually never owned it on N64, just played it at Toys 'r Us back in the day. Really enjoying it. What a chill atmosphere.

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise (PS4) - SEGA's/Ryu Ga Gotoku's Fist of the North Star game for PS4. Up to Chapter 4 so far and it's full of those funny quirky Yakuza side quests and you can definitely tell it's from the same dev team (they got all the Like a Dragon/Yakuza Japanese VAs playing FOTNS characters). Really fun combat and brutal kills as well. Had it in my backlog for a long time.

The DioField Chronicle (Switch) - a really fun casual SRPG (with real time w/ pause focus) to play in the evenings, a game to relax to, some battles get more difficult but for the most part it's pretty easy, which isn't a knock against it, I am really enjoying unlocking abilities to use in battles and the battles themselves, plus the VA and music is really good.

Luminous Avenger ix (PS4) - Got it off my PSN Plus subscription for PS4. Former Capcom developers Inti Creates never miss. Really fun (and easy) 2D run 'n gun platformer. Looks great too. On the last boss who I will try to beat tonight.

Trials of Mana (PS4) - May progress some more through this after a hiatus, also got this off PSN Plus subscription. Depends if I can beat both Luminous Avenger and DioField this weekend, or not. Something's gotta give lol.

My now-playing list is also mostly fixed in place for a while.

*Dracula X: Stage 6. Going to fight Death.
*Crystalis: Evil Island, fighting the Vampire again.
*Atelier Rorona : Traveler's Way stuff. Assignment 4 stuff.
*Fairy Fencer F: grinding mostly to Level 12.
*Dragon Quest XI: finishing the Disciple's Trial, more Act 3 sidequests.
*Disgaea 4: Chapter 3 stuff, a little Item World grinding
*Pokemon Sword: Routes 7 and 8.
*Alien Isolation : getting to Samuels and Taylor in med bay.

It's amazing how we started playing FF7 at basically the exact same time, and now a few weeks later we are at almost the exact same point in the game.

Haha yeah that is pretty cool actually :) Want to be done before Crisis Core, however I wont be playing FF7 remake before Crisis core.. that will need to wait :)

I have a free, calm weekend ahead which I really appreciate so I finally have a lot of time for games! I’m going to wrap up the Wave 2 DLC for Xenoblade 3 and then play tons of Trails From Zero. I’m interested in starting a new game too, but I’m undecided on what to choose from my backlog.

Dicey Dungeons marathon continues. We said we wouldn't play any more tonight and reneged on that quickly.

@jnWake I'm looking forward to your continued impressions with LBW. My spouse and I were just talking earlier about how buttery smooth the game is compared to basically every other 2D Zelda. I love 2D Zelda games but I was bowled over by how great the 60 fps feels. The game is pretty lean and tight and it gets better and better as it goes on.

@Mbolibombo great to hear we have another Rayman fan. Legends is really sublime on Wii U just as you said. The Murfy levels in particular shine there.

Blue Reflection Second Light, Chaos;Head NoAH, Jedi: Fallen Order, and a little bit of Bayonetta.

I started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 after finishing Mirror of Fate

To this day it's the only Castlevania game i haven't completed yet.

I meant to play more Nintendo Switch Sports but servers have been down since Friday so my weekend will consist of Pilotwings 64 (and maybe some more PW Resort) and maybe trying out Scorn.

Tried Pilotwings 64 but it's not a good fit. Working through Resident Evil 2 and Ninja Gaiden along with Treasures of the Deep

Some Bloodborne and Metroid Dread

Comfy October stuff.

I just beat Katamari Damacy Reroll. The final level was awesome, you can literally roll over everything.

Gonna try and get higher scores on some of the earlier levels.

Back
Top Bottom