• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Community Game Challenge - Halloween 2022 | October 10th-November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Famiboardsvariationhalloween.png

Community Game Challenge
Halloween 2022

You have been asking for it, begging for it to return. Well, here it is, back from the dead! Famiboards' second annual Halloween community game challenge! We are back and better than ever with even more treats. Not only are there eleven new badges available to be won this year, but we are also bringing back the legacy badges from 2021! If there was a badge that you missed last year, try again this year! Please note that you cannot win a badge twice.

So, what is a community game challenge event? You can think of them as a cross between a traditional book club and standard game achievements. For the duration of the event, you will be eligible to earn badges on the board (that you can choose to feature on your postbit) by completing challenges related to the event's theme.

The event will run from today through midnight on November 1st, 2022.

Brand new 2022 challenges:

7LPzKcQ.png

Halloween Odyssey:
Collect 1 Moon while Mario is wearing a funny, mis-matched costume in Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

MlA3B3a.png

Fierce Deity:
Collect all 24 masks in LoZ: Majora's Mask (N64)

cRfpBQx.png

Mumbo's Pumpkin:
Complete Mad Monster Mansion in Banjo-Kazooie (N64)

xDdXOst.png

Boo's Castle:
Collect all 7 stars in Super Mario 64 Boo's Haunted Mansion (N64)

pKejIfr.png

Dark Demon:
Unlock the true ending in Demons Crest (SNES)

XMLjASp.png

Cleaning up:
Beat Luigi's Mansion 3 with 100% completion rate (Switch)

OmbvEkb.png

Get me out of here:
Beat Resident Evil 7 in under 4 hours (PS4/Xone)

wUE2UmF.png

Reaper of Souls:
Beat a Souls-like game (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Blasphemous, Ender Lililles or Salt & Sanctuary)

fbmoj1A.png

Speedrunner God:
Defeat the final boss in Elden Ring in under 20 minutes

hE3d68Z.png

Sir Arthur!:
Beat a game from Capcom's Ghouls and Ghosts series

b3f6UmV.png

Fellow Shardbinder:
Beat a Bloodstained game

2021 Halloween Legacy Challenges:

famiboard_badges_hw01.png

Quiet Mountain:
Complete any Silent Hill title.

famiboard_badges_hw06.png

Hey Now, You're A Ten Star :
Earn a 10 star ranking in any Silent Hill title.

famiboard_badges_hw02.png

Bad Tenant:
Complete any Resident Evil game.

famiboard_badges_hw07.png

Professional Resident:
Complete any Resident Evil game on the hardest difficulty available.

famiboard_badges_hw03.png

Haunted Castle :
Complete any Castlevania title.

famiboard_badges_hw08.png

Crissaegrim Crisis:
Get the Crissaegrim in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

famiboard_badges_hw04.png

Horror Icon:
Complete any game in the horror genre.

famiboard_badges_hw05.png

All Jacked Up:
Participate in any Animal Crossing game’s Halloween event and get at least three pieces of Spooky furniture or DIY recipe.

famiboard_badges_hw09.png

Luigi's Large House:
Get an A-ranked (or S Ranked for Dark Moon) Mansion ending in a Luigi’s Mansion game.

After successfully completing the challenge, post the proof of your accomplishment here in this thread (video or image evidence will suffice; this is basically on the honor system, there won't be an in-depth verification. It's for fun!). A staff member will eventually award you with the badge showing your achievement. Please be patient, as this is a manual process.

In addition to completing the challenges, we encourage you to discuss and journal your journeys through the game; even if you decide not to go for any challenges, any ghoulish banter during this haunted happening will warm our hearts. Straight up, if I don't get 500 different Mario Odyssey costumes, my heart will be broken!

Finally, and most importantly, the acknowledgements:

@paranoodle Thank you for creating this year's badges!
@Dopply Thank you for running last year's event and starting this tradition!
@Chaotic Neutral and the rest of the staff- Thank you for giving me the keys to drive and for your valuable input in preparation!
And to everyone that will participate in this year's event. Whether you take part in just one challenge or a dozen, thank you so much for joining in on the fun!

Last edited:
Just want to check for some of these games like Majora’s Mask, is the 3DS version fine? Or like the Xbox version for Banjo?

Excited to participate regardless!

Nice, new challenges, gonna see which can be tackled.

Also, a sugestion / questions? Does 2D soulslike game can count for the Reaper of Souls? Like Blasphemous, Ender Lililles or Salt & Sanctuary. I think those 3 are also apt for the season

ive-been-looking-forward-to-this-dooku.gif

Looks like I will have to get a quick DS1 run in! Would love to do Bloodborne instead, but my PS4 is sitting in a box rn and I just can't be arsed.

The Dark Demon badge is a nasty one. That boss is so difficult. Painfuly memories reappearing

I think I'll start for that Odyssey badge. It would be fun to revisit for the first time in a long time and seems a relatively easy one to start with. 👀 🌙

No Bayonetta? Based contest 😂

If I have time this month looks like I’m dusting off Bloodstained again to see if I can finally get the true ending.

Mario Odyssey, Mario 64, and Banjo Kazooie seem super doable. The hardest part will be getting to Mad Monster Mansion.

I’d love to get the Resident Evil badge, if only to prove to myself that I can handle playing those games. But I am a big scared baby.

I also wanna play SotN this month, but I’m not sure if I’ll have the time. I’ll try to fit it in!

YES! Definitely will be going for some of these. Glad these are back. Some of the most fun I’ve had playing games in a while has been getting these badges.

Just want to check for some of these games like Majora’s Mask, is the 3DS version fine? Or like the Xbox version for Banjo?

Excited to participate regardless!

Personally, I think the Xbox version of Banjo should be cast into the fires of Mordor, but if you want to go with that version, be my guest :)
Nice, new challenges, gonna see which can be tackled.

Also, a sugestion / questions? Does 2D soulslike game can count for the Reaper of Souls? Like Blasphemous, Ender Lililles or Salt & Sanctuary. I think those 3 are also apt for the season
200.gif

Three Mario badges you say? I'll have to at least get the Odyssey and 64 ones. I think I have a 64 save file from right before Big Boo's Haunt from the Christmas event too! I'll try tackling them this week.

Will I even have time to get the Luigi's Mansion 3 badge? No clue. Beating the game is one thing, but finding all those secret gems would be tough!

Banjo and Mario 64 challenges for sure since they’re quick ones. I never did beat demon’s crest.

I was contemplating trying to finally beat ghostbusters on switch but with a new job starting I think I’ll stick to those 3.

really cool! Gonna start with Mario 64 and Odyssey.

Already got odyssey (it’s really easy to get moons lol). Working on relaying Mario 64 Stars since I want to make sure to actual compete them before posting. Will have those tonight. Guess this can be a chance to actually play/best one of the soulsborne games I just got on PS5.

Fellow Shardbinder complete with Bloodstained Curse of the Moon!.

TFgI4od.jpg

Can't beat Inticreates with 2D games. As always the pixel work is fantastic, but their take (and Iga) on the Classicvania is very good, making every character useful (Alfred being OP despite his low health) and the bosses are fun too. I liked they added desesperation attacks when you beat them so you can actually loose if you are low in health. Not gonna lie, was kinda dissapointed in the graphics of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night coming from this game as the bosses have such great details in the 2d renditions.

MlmUDYI.jpg
nAqtL76.jpg

Y7BVUTN.jpg
i47iLlQ.jpg

Fellow Shardbinder complete with Bloodstained Curse of the Moon!.

TFgI4od.jpg

Can't beat Inticreates with 2D games. As always the pixel work is fantastic, but their take (and Iga) on the Classicvania is very good, making every character useful (Alfred being OP despite his low health) and the bosses are fun too. I liked they added desesperation attacks when you beat them so you can actually loose if you are low in health. Not gonna lie, was kinda dissapointed in the graphics of Bloodstained Ritual of the Night coming from this game as the bosses have such great details in the 2d renditions.

MlmUDYI.jpg
nAqtL76.jpg

Y7BVUTN.jpg
i47iLlQ.jpg
7c6.jpg

Okay, already doubled my own tally from any previous competition! (Although, admittedly, I’m not reaching for the highest-hanging fruits here.) Going to claim that sweet Boo’s Castle!

92BC6436-0085-491C-BCCE-50995EABF4AE.png

Haven’t gone back to Mario 64 or any of the 3D All Stars games since that launched. Hardly ever gets tired to revisit old reliable after some time away. Big Boo’s Haunt was always my least favourite level in the game so I only had to redo the first star on my save since last time! 😂 But as a result, I think this is the first time ever I clear like… at least half of these stars. So, thank you for pushing me that wee tiny bit out of my comfort zone!

Okay, already doubled my own tally from any previous competition! (Although, admittedly, I’m not reaching for the highest-hanging fruits here.) Going to claim that sweet Boo’s Castle!

View attachment 805

Haven’t gone back to Mario 64 or any of the 3D All Stars games since that launched. Hardly ever gets tired to revisit old reliable after some time away. Big Boo’s Haunt was always my least favourite level in the game so I only had to redo the first star on my save since last time! 😂 But as a result, I think this is the first time ever I clear like… at least half of these stars. So, thank you for pushing me that wee tiny bit out of my comfort zone!
The music in that level is the stuff of actual nightmares so it’s no surprise it’s your least favorite level.

It will be time to look for the 3ds to be able to put the photos of having completed the Castlevania LoS MoF

I didn’t do it last year so I will be happy to join in this time around.

Yessss so glad to see this return! Once I beat Sable (expiring on Game Pass soon) I'll dive in on these!

Love these challenges, thanks for all the effort you folks put into them.

One recommendation I have for next year is maybe including a challenge for playing a Supermassive Game (Until Dawn, Dark Pictures, The Quarry). They're perfect for a spooky time, and the Fami could even play them together online.

One recommendation I have for next year is maybe including a challenge for playing a Supermassive Game (Until Dawn, Dark Pictures, The Quarry). They're perfect for a spooky time, and the Fami could even play them together online.

Great idea!

Does anyone know how to post photos from their phone, because I for the life of me just can't figure it out?!
I've always been able to just press the Insert Image button and then select a photo from Photos (iOS).

I'm pretty sure the ability to directly upload images from iOS is limited to staff? Otherwise I believe people are using imgur links, or other image hosting services

I'm pretty sure the ability to directly upload images from iOS is limited to staff? Otherwise I believe people are using imgur links, or other image hosting services
Thanks for the help

Oh, right. Sorry, brain goof. If this is restricted for you, I'd recommend what I did on other forums: Upload to imgur/Twitter/whatever and then use the image source link in the image insert.

Excited to have an excuse to blast through Banjo-Kazooie again! I'm headed straight for that jiggy badge

Question, does the mummy demastered count for any of these?

The Dark Demon badge is a nasty one. That boss is so difficult. Painfuly memories reappearing
I’ve never gone past the first level or two so I was thinking of giving demons crest a full go… it’s not as bad as ghosts and goblins is it?

Question, does the mummy demastered count for any of these?

I’ve never gone past the first level or two so I was thinking of giving demons crest a full go… it’s not as bad as ghosts and goblins is it?

It's difficult, but imo not as bad as the main series, no. Helps that it's basically a Metroidvania and you improve health and other thing over the time, plus there's items you can use.

But the secret final boss, the Dark Demon, is pure bullshit, makes Ghosts n Goblins look like Kindergarten. Never managed to beat it.

Whoa no way, that's super cool. All these benefits and perks!

Cool! I've been absent from the community and a badge or two would look nice. Gotta grind for a few of those.

Also, kudos for the Castlevania challenges. Any version is fine, right?

Unfortunately that is too long ago. Generally you have to accomplish the challenge during the event. I can be lenient, but not three years lenient lol. Sorry

I don't think we have to wait that long. Stay tuned......
Cool! I've been absent from the community and a badge or two would look nice. Gotta grind for a few of those.

Also, kudos for the Castlevania challenges. Any version is fine, right?
Correct. As long as is some form of an official franchise release then it is all good.

Unfortunately that is too long ago. Generally you have to accomplish the challenge during the event. I can be lenient, but not three years lenient lol. Sorry
Lol no worries I ain't gonna replay it not that worried d;

Okay, this is a hard one because Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate HD doesn't have a definite The End screen, so here's the las screen of the end credits as well as the New Game+ screen. Here's also my steam profile of the game where you can check the date of the Sealed fate achievement - the one you get when you defeat Dracula.

uyvrFg4.png

sQiCfPM.png

I was in the proccess of playing it for october either way, so this was good timing. Last time i booted it up i just got the sprint boots for Trevor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom