• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |4/5-4/7|

I'm leveling up and gearing up for the final fights in Triangle Strategy, but I find myself waffling because I don't want it to end. 😂

triangle-strategy-glacial-moon.gif

My Xbox Series X died so I feel a little lost at the moment.
Ugh, sorry, hate that feeling!

I played some Tetris 99 to get the Princess Peach Showtime theme. Still the best 99 game. It's cool to see I've actually gotten better at setting up T-spins - I'm not good enough to do them constantly like the expert players can, but it's starting to feel a bit more natural.

Speaking of Princess Peach, I'm going to go back on stage and play some more Showtime. I think I'm about halfway through. I'm taking my time with it and making sure I grab all the sparkle gems on a level before moving on to the next. It doesn't bother me too much to have to replay a stage if I miss some - plenty of Mario games have had star coins and various collectibles where if you missed them, you missed them, do the level over. But I definitely understand the frustration others have about it. Aside from that it's been a charming, fun, and relaxing game so far.

I also picked up Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and The Dice of Fate earlier this week as it's currently on sale for $5.99. I've played a few runs the past couple of days; it's my first time playing a Shiren game and my early impressions are that it's difficult, but I like it. While Peach is my focus this weekend, I might put some more time into Shiren as well.

Played a buttload of Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday and today and really got back into the game. Approaching 40 hours, I'm possibly in the early stages of Act 2.

Depending how I feel tomorrow, I might play some Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown. I'm only a couple of hours into it despite starting it over a week ago, so I want to try and get into it properly soon.

Only had about an hour to play PS5 today so instead of FFXVI I tried out the Rez Infinite and Tetris Effect upgrades and, uh

EcWJMN2.png

Incredible.

It is a comfy game with amazing combat. I like Ghost of Tsushima but this one feels like a mix of that with Team Ninja's last few games. If you like the Bakumatsu Era stories like in Yakuza Ishin and such, I think you will like this. I agree with you but then I saw that Ghost of Tsushima was a low 80s scorer when I enjoyed that more than most open world games.
Ok, thank you for the description! To be honest I haven't consumed much Samurai media in general but this was very helpful, sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye on it for when I'm a bit less busy with the backlog.

Hopefully Final Fantasy X for real. Spent all weekend saying I would play it but got sidetracked. Really want to finish it this month.
Fired up FFX again and now I’ve reminded myself I need to play KIU before servers go down

I just got lost in Kanto because I needed to wake the Snorlax but forgot the ridiculous string of events you need to trigger to make that possible. I didn’t remember how much of an absolute mess Kanto is in gen 2. Crystal Legacy makes things a little better by making the trainers not be complete pushovers (I mean, they’re still pushovers, but at least they’ve got level 60 mons instead of level 38 mons like they originally did), but that doesn’t take away from the fact that Kanto just feels like padding.

Just like last week, playing Jet Force Gemini and Pokemon Black 2. I feel JFG is pretty close to being done (finally), so next week there’ll be new games in my post!

Pokémon Silver. Tbh, I think at this point I prefer the original GS over Crystal and HGSS. No distracting padding, just a great, well-paced experience.

Decided earlier this week to jump into Paper Mario on NSO in anticipation for the TTYD remake. Despite its sequel being one of my top 5 favorites of all time, I’ve shamefully never played much of the N64 original, so I felt like it was finally time to rectify that. I just cleared Chapter 2 and so far…yep, it’s a good game alright!

I also took some time tonight to revisit Splatoon on Wii U for potentially the last time. I spent so, so many hours playing this game in 2015/2016, so I expected to be overcome by this wave of nostalgia upon finally coming back home. Surprisingly though, it didn’t really grab me like I thought it would… probably a side effect of still playing Splatoon 3 almost every day, but still not being a hardcore enough player to pick up on all the little differences. I am happy that I got in while Saltspray Rig was in rotation, because that janky mess of a map is such a classic. :)

I'm resting from unicorn overlord on weekends, a friend lent me Rise of the Ronin while he finished P3R and it's good damn good. Slicing heads here an there and the action is good, plus there's a lot to do.

Wandering Sword's turned out to be a bigger game than I expected; last week I thought I was at the halfway point but it turns out I was at the one-third point. I should be able to finish tomorrow but geez this game's bigger than I thought.

Fired up FFX again and now I’ve reminded myself I need to play KIU before servers go down
Just did KIU multiplayer for the first time after owning the game for 12 years

It was Fun

Could be cool to have it back in a remaster, just saying...

Beat Red Dead Redemption this afternoon, I enjoyed it overall but the game felt very dated, glad I finally played through it though. Also had a successful run on Buckshot Roulette which was cool, neat little game that.

No substantial gaming for me this weekend, as I've spent my recent leisure time reading novels and have another I picked up today. I'll probably try getting my toddler into Wii Sports and Just Dance (the other kiddo loved both when just a tad older).
Well, the toddler doesn't really care for Wii games, much preferring touch-based game on our iPad. The older one has been playing Wii Sports, Just Dance, and Wii Play for a few hours now, though.

And Wii Sports > Switch Sports. By quite a lot.

Been playing the Inazuma Eleven beta and enjoying that a bunch, just got PepperGrinder and will start that soon

Trying to get back on my FFXIV bullshit this weekend, and I always have queue anxiety after not playing for so long. I keep thinking I'm gonna forget my rotations and dungeon/raid mechanics, but generally I'm fine.

That being said, there's no way in Hell I'm doing Storm's Crown on my BLM lmao

Hyper Light Drifter.

Like The Talos Principle and Subnautica, it's yet another game I've wanted to play for a while but never got to it for some reason. Now I have, and it's awesome!
I’m also playing Hyper Light Drifter for the first time! I beat the bosses on the north and east, now heading towards the west boss.

Was thinking about taking another run through the story stuff in XIV specifically because it lets you run dungeons with NPCs now lol. I'm always a little anxious playing games online, but MMO dungeons & raids are Anxiety City for me 😭
Usually I'm fine about it, but generally I like having buddies to queue with to alleviate my anxiety.

A shame you can't do trials with NPCs.

I finished up Alan Wake 2 on PS5, thoroughly enjoyed it, stunning to look at, amazing atmosphere, story better than the original.
I was happy for it to end but was a great ride.
Remedy continue to be one of my favourite studios.

I decided to give my Series X some Gamepass love and forced myself to be open-minded and hive AC:Odyssey a go, I actually really enjoyed the opening 20 mins or so but was feeling nauseous from motion sickness, couldn't find any option to help.
Is it just me?

In Dragon's Dogma 2, running through the Battahl region at night is literally fighting for your life lmao. I love it though, keeps you on your toes!

Last edited:
Was thinking about taking another run through the story stuff in XIV specifically because it lets you run dungeons with NPCs now lol. I'm always a little anxious playing games online, but MMO dungeons & raids are Anxiety City for me 😭
this is one of the main reasons I haven’t jumped on the XIV train. the other being a general lack of time, haha.

Hyper Light Drifter.

Like The Talos Principle and Subnautica, it's yet another game I've wanted to play for a while but never got to it for some reason. Now I have, and it's awesome!
I’m also playing Hyper Light Drifter for the first time! I beat the bosses on the north and east, now heading towards the west boss.
Hell yes- my favorite Belda game by a long, long, long, infinite mile of no other Zelda like game coming close to the fun, intrigue, mystery, and feel of a fantastic game.

Such cool dashing! Such cool combat!

Crystal Legacy is done! 85 hours on the game clock at 4X speed. I had a ton of fun playing this romhack. It’s definitely the best way to play gen 2. Can’t wait for Yellow Legacy!

Currently playing through xenoblade 2 and rebirth.

Both has been very fun to play through.

Currently playing through xenoblade 2 and rebirth.

Both has been very fun to play through.

Just beat Kirby's Adventure an hour or two ago. The game quality? Let's just say I can see why I haven't seen this director's name on anything else...
woah woah woah, Kirby’s Adventure on the NES? That game is fun! With save states! Cause that final boss is ridiculous.

Weekend report time - I was able to play a few more hours of Rebirth. Still in chapter four. At this rate, I’ll be finished with the game in maybe October. Haha.

I didn’t play my Steam Deck at all, so no Chants of Sennaar. Crawling through that game, too I guess. I did finish Crystal Legacy though!

My weekend report! Definitely a busy weekend, but I still got some time in for games. For Love Live School Idol Festival 2 I’m just shy of clearing 400 songs on Expert which is awesome and after a lucky gacha pull I’m strongly considering attempting to clear all of the Master songs. Weird thing about this game is the maximum default health is 45 if you have nine ultra rare characters in your unit and unlike most rhythm games doing well doesn’t restore your health. Unless you have a healer then, that 45 max health is all you have. Until now I only had one Rare healer which was more than enough for me with Expert and even most Master songs. I’ve had relatively miserable gacha luck for the first two months (most infamously I only pulled a dupe of the only UR card I had managed to pull which is absurd given the pool of options), but since April has rolled around, I’m pulling UR cards left and right and just a little while ago I pulled my first UR healer (a Rina card). That card is obscene. For every 18 notes, there’s a 30+% chance it triggers and it restores 5 HP (up from the 2 HP I had prior with a much smaller trigger rate). I tried it out on a Master song that previously took me like 50 tries to clear and I beat it immediately so it’s a game changer lol.

For Granblue Fantasy Relink I did beat it on Saturday and I wrote up some thoughts in the RPG ST. I had a great time with it, but as I started digging further into the post game I decided to look what it fully involved and uh yeah I’m stopping now so I can walk away happy lol. I did at least clear all of the Fate episodes for the Captain which felt like a good enough bit of extra closure from when credits roll. Sorry Rolan you aren’t getting rescued lol. With Granblue done, I’m looking forward then to playing Unicorn Overlord and Dragon’s Dogma II this week!

woah woah woah, Kirby’s Adventure on the NES? That game is fun! With save states! Cause that final boss is ridiculous.
I'm joking, I liked the game. I actually had to use save states a lot in the last three worlds in general.

For Granblue Fantasy Relink I did beat it on Saturday and I wrote up some thoughts in the RPG ST. I had a great time with it, but as I started digging further into the post game I decided to look what it fully involved and uh yeah I’m stopping now so I can walk away happy lol. I did at least clear all of the Fate episodes for the Captain which felt like a good enough bit of extra closure from when credits roll. Sorry Rolan you aren’t getting rescued lol. With Granblue done, I’m looking forward then to playing Unicorn Overlord and Dragon’s Dogma II this week!
Woah, the post game isn't good enough to beat? I thought it was like Monster Hunter and the postgame was fairly well liked. That sucks, going to go see your thoughts in the RPG thread.

I'm joking, I liked the game. I actually had to use save states a lot in the last three worlds in general.

Woah, the post game isn't good enough to beat? I thought it was like Monster Hunter and the postgame was fairly well liked. That sucks, going to go see your thoughts in the RPG thread.
Basically the post game consists of fighting the same / similar bosses again repeatedly on higher difficulties. There’s a big earth themed crocodile monster boss for example (Quakeadile, which is a good name) who you might have fought a few times already, who you then fight again early on in the post game but this time he’s ice themed. In single player at least, it mostly just means you are fighting similar fights that take increasingly longer and aren’t necessarily more complicated or difficult. I felt very good stopping where I did after seeing how extensive that would be. If I had friends to play with, I’d probably be more onboard, but yeah I’m happy walking away where I did.

Back
Top Bottom