• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |4/5-4/7|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s the weekend! The Ides of March are behind us, the foolish jester has come and gone, and we have a whole new month of gaming to look forward to. What are you going to be playing this weekend? Let us know!

——————

My gaming plans are hardly changed from last weekend - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Chants of Sennaar are going to be my main games, with a little bit of Pokemon Crystal Legacy on the side.

I might not get to play very much, since the weekend is going to be real busy for me, but I’m gonna try and get in what I can!

——————

That’s all! It’s a short one from me today. Stay safe everyone, and have a great weekend!

Reliving high school trauma with Persona 3: Reload. Damn I wish there was special ramen that increased my charm and intelligence when I was a kid.

Mlb the show, stardew valley and probably rimworld.

Pretty much the same as the last couple weeks outside of rimworld but I've been enjoying a small playthrough before the next dlc and update.

Mainly Tears of the kingdom. Maybe I'll get to Metroid Fusion again finally (which I didn't touch all week).

Starting Baldur's Gate III so unless it doesn't click with me it's probably whatcham playing this year, fam

I was kinda between stuff, so I figured "hey, I should finally check out that racing mode they added to Fortnite a while back" so I reinstalled that. And then I saw a thing about doing some quest to unlock Korra from Avatar and now ...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
FFIX since I’ve got a good groove going in it. Blast corps has been my pacebreaker. Been doing some stories in Soulcalibur VI too

No substantial gaming for me this weekend, as I've spent my recent leisure time reading novels and have another I picked up today. I'll probably try getting my toddler into Wii Sports and Just Dance (the other kiddo loved both when just a tad older).

I tell myself I'll play more Princess Peach: Showtime!, but I imagine that I'm gonna get through that one slowly. With how they've designed the collectibles, I've had to play most levels at least twice, and it's kinda frustrating. Good-Feel, I am begging you, please, let me retry the mini games without having to replay a stage or let me go back the way I came when I can clearly walk the other way instead of locking the area away.

In practice, I'm gonna be slipping in some Splatoon 3 somewhere. Been getting back into it in the run up to Side Order, and I'm finally optimizing my gear a little better with the chunks I've gotten over the months. I'm finally back in S Rank after a good night of Rainmaker and Splat Zones. Maybe I can finally get to S+ this season?

I'll be playing some Mario Tennis: Power Tour on the side, I'm sure. The latest game to grace my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro, the display and form factor is great for Game Boy Advance. It's the same tennis gameplay as on Game Boy Color, being a sequel in the same world and having a nearly identical structure, but there's the mechanics from Power Tennis on GameCube, namely power shots. To get those, you gotta play wacky non-tennis mini games which are fun but a bit of a grind. Still has the same good mechanics as usual, so it's still fun, but I think I'm a bit more fond of the GBC one. It's probably a matter of preference, though. I also kinda want to start Ape Escape again? It's a childhood favorite that I never finished, and I want to finally finish it and its sequels. But I don't know if I'll have the time...

I'm going to try and beat Kirby's Adventure and maybe Dragon's Dogma 2, but after a short break I'm back to SF6. Amazing game.

After Kirby's Adventure and Dragon's Dogma 2 I want to focus on beating games I already started like Death Stranding, Thief, Prey etc. as well as Persona 3 Reload because of my free Gamepass trial running out in May

Having just beat Atelier Ryza 2, the Ryza series is in my mind. Looking up Youtube, it seems that my amazing S-ranked Rose Bomb was NOT the most broken bomb in the game. I know that but I like my petal flourish. I'm not going to dive into Ryza 3 yet. I kinda want a change of pace.

I'm probably going to start on Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes next. Planning to just do the Black Eagles route to complement what I did for FE3H. Assuming I manage to find time to play games.

I plan on finishing Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster (I am at what appears to be the last dungeon) and after that I most likely will start Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster.

I've just got a platinum trophy (well, all the medals, that should do it) in Tails of Iron on Switch. Very nice little action 2D soulslike game.

I plan to play Ender Lilies next, with some Balatro and Picross S+ in between.

Kid Icarus Uprising because it's the final countdoooooooown

oh and Dragons' Dogma 2. Leveling up the hunter vocation.

Probably at some point Paper Mario on NSO; wanna make sure I wrap that up before TTYD HD launches next month.

I did just defeat the 7-star Meganium raid in Pokemon Scarlet last night, so maybe I'll do the tera raids with some friends Sunday evening to farm XP candies and herba mysticas, or we'll just kill time playing Rocket League.

Just ACNH. Checking on my residents. Enjoying the cherry blossoms.

I'm gonna miss this game when I stop playing it.

Is it weird that I genuinely look forward to this thread every week to see what y’all are playing :LOL:

Main game for me this weekend is Red Dead Redemption on Switch, think I’m about halfway through so hoping to make some real progress on that. Today I picked up Buckshot Roulette on Steam Deck so will be giving that a go as well.

Outside of gaming I’m thinking of catching some of Wrestlemania this weekend, be visiting family as well.

Have a great weekend Fami!

Another weekend of FFXIV I'm sure. I've got Dancer up to level 82. I've been enjoying the class a lot. Once you get Flourish at level 72 or so you have a lot of buttons to press in your burst windows and I'm trying to get used to using them all as well as using up the esprit gauge and keeping from overcapping (it fills up so fast). I'll probably queue some level 80+ stuff to practice on this weekend.

Outside of that I've been messing around with Mount Rokkon and Heaven on High. Heaven on High is very much just Palace of the Dead 2.0, which can be pretty chill every once in a while. Mount Rokkon I'm liking a lot. I hope they don't give up on variant dungeons in the future. They're a really neat idea. I think they just need to entice players with some better rewards, but the actual content is pretty well-executed I'd say.

Next class I plan on leveling up is Monk. I may start the Pugilist quests this weekend and get started on it.

I am free from the sinus headache right now so I would to get back to some games I’ve been trying to play for a while, pokemon heart gold was one I started last week.

Then there’s Mario vs DK I’m on the last world of I want to finish.

I also want to go back to Ff7 rebirth and continue that.

I also just acquired a gameboy advanced and Pokémon ruby today from a retro game store so I’m not sure I’ll start that when I still have heart gold to play but still happy to have it.

Finishing off FF7 Rebirth (PS5), I've kinda had my fill of the game so just beelining the main story at this point. On Chapter 13.

Other than that, I grabbed Grim Dawn (Series S), which seems like a decent port so far. If I beat Rebirth, I'll probably also return to Lies of P (Series S).

Likely League of Legends to give the new Skarner more of a test run. Possibly some FFXIV to progress post-EW MSQ and get my Manderville weapon complete for Red Mage.

Fringe picks I might continue my run of The Last Story and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny.

Looking like a busy weekend on a few fronts. Planning on playing two games primarily with the time I have. First is Love Live School Idol Festival 2 of course. I have one last μ's song to beat on Expert so then I’ll shift my focus to Aqours my favorite Love Live group. I’m at 351/611 songs cleared on Expert overall so I should finish before the game shuts down. For groups I finish, I plan to start chipping away at Master songs which I’m getting better at even if I’m still not 100% there. I’d love to say I’ll finish all of those too, but we’ll see as time is running out.

My big game then is Granblue Fantasy Relink. I think I’m almost halfway done with the single player story going by chapter count. Combat is just a hair too basic with weak basic combo variety, but I’m having a good time overall. I did dig chapter 4 in particular as you battled across airships and got to man your airship cannons to shoot down enemies. Hoping there’s more like that ahead. I’m not sure exactly what the game’s structure is (looking at trophies there is a final chapter and a “0 Chapter” that’s seemingly afterwards and I’m unsure if that’s the multiplayer portion of the game), but if I do finish the single player story I plan to move on to either Unicorn Overlord or Dragon’s Dogma II.

Hopefully Final Fantasy X for real. Spent all weekend saying I would play it but got sidetracked. Really want to finish it this month.

My big game then is Granblue Fantasy Relink. I think I’m almost halfway done with the single player story going by chapter count. Combat is just a hair too basic with weak basic combo variety, but I’m having a good time overall. I did dig chapter 4 in particular as you battled across airships and got to man your airship cannons to shoot down enemies. Hoping there’s more like that ahead. I’m not sure exactly what the game’s structure is (looking at trophies there is a final chapter and a “0 Chapter” that’s seemingly afterwards and I’m unsure if that’s the multiplayer portion of the game), but if I do finish the single player story I plan to move on to either Unicorn Overlord or Dragon’s Dogma II.
Endgame spoilers: You can do multiplayer at any point during the game at the quest counter, but yeah Chapter 0 has you taking up quests at the quest counter and you can choose to do those in the multiplayer if you feel like your party's PWR is not up to snuff. Some of the later setpieces in the game are pretty rad if you need combat variety.

Endgame spoilers: You can do multiplayer at any point during the game at the quest counter, but yeah Chapter 0 has you taking up quests at the quest counter and you can choose to do those in the multiplayer if you feel like your party's PWR is not up to snuff. Some of the later setpieces in the game are pretty rad if you need combat variety.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it :)

Was hoping to boot up Hollow Knight, and continue where I left off, which is like 104% completion right now. It’s been maybe a good year of dabbling with this game, and it is absolutely fantastic.

Sometimes I feel I’m not doing the game justice by playing it spread out over the course of several months.

I'm still quite early on -- heading to Martha's Rest with Jill at the moment -- but I've pretty much been loving every minute of it! Still got a ways to go of course 😅
Pal, you’ve got no idea. XVI goes places. Sometimes it can be a bit slow, but you’ll always be rewarded with something insanely awesome. Keep going.

Is it weird that I genuinely look forward to this thread every week to see what y’all are playing :LOL:
I don’t think so! Otherwise I wouldn’t bother making the threads every week. It’s a lot of fun for me to see what everyone’s playing and see how they’re getting on. Long live the weekend!

Sometimes I feel I’m not doing the game justice by playing it spread out over the course of several months.
I played Hollow Knight over the course of three years, you're totally fine lol

I've been playing A Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons throughout the week, but I'll be putting that on hold because my friends and I have time for some more Tekken 8.

Probably going to do the latest Tera Raid, try the Hatsune Miku DLC for Crypt of the Necrodancer, and continue my playthrough of Mameda no Bakeru.

It's the final weekend of official Wii U online so I'm just planning on focusing on Mario Maker and/or Splatoon 1 this weekend. Also taxes.

And then I'll have to figure out what to play next because I feel like I've been stuck in mediocre Mario hell for the last 3 months and I need a palette cleanse something bad.

Kid Icarus Uprising...

PLEASE make an HD port/remaster for the Switch. This multiplayer is so simple yet so much fun.

Switch - Shiren 6 - Switch GOTY
Xbox Series X - Tekken 8 - So good
PS5 - Rise of the Ronin - Liking more than Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rebirth.
Steam Deck - SaGa Emerald Beyond (demo) - Loving this. Anyone else try the demo? Feels so smooth on Steam Deck.
iPhone - Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop - Loving this.
Netflix -

b8adf96a-865c-490d-9e5a-aae811336dd2_text.gif

PS5 - Rise of the Ronin - Liking more than Dragon's Dogma 2 and Rebirth.
I'm surprised by how different the player reception is to the critical one. I've heard nothing but praise for it online but maybe that's a minority. What do you like about the game? I know it's kind of a Sekiro like with a Ghost of Tsushima structure but that's it.

Buckshot Roulette feels very much like it belongs within Inscryption, really cool little game this, I won my first run last night which I believe unlocks a new mode to play so will give that a try next.

Red Dead Redemption is starting to drag a bit, I can see why people fall off of it when you reach Mexico. The world is just so empty and lifeless to me, I played a bit of this on release back on 360 and this Is definitely a case of it’s not as good as I remember it being (It is old tbf to it, open world games have came a long way since this originally released)

Home alone with all the kids for the majority of Saturday so probably wont be playing that much today - I will try to sink in a couple of battles in Unicorn Overlord when possible though - bless hybrid!

Hopefully I will be able to play a few hours tomorrow at least, I feel I am deep in to the second half of the game by now, might be able to beat it next week?

I'm surprised by how different the player reception is to the critical one. I've heard nothing but praise for it online but maybe that's a minority. What do you like about the game? I know it's kind of a Sekiro like with a Ghost of Tsushima structure but that's it.

It is a comfy game with amazing combat. I like Ghost of Tsushima but this one feels like a mix of that with Team Ninja's last few games. If you like the Bakumatsu Era stories like in Yakuza Ishin and such, I think you will like this. I agree with you but then I saw that Ghost of Tsushima was a low 80s scorer when I enjoyed that more than most open world games.

I managed to clean out a couple of games since last time I updated in here, namely FFVII and Pepper Grinder (loved both!) so this weekend I am

- Continuing my adventure in Dragon's Dogma 2. This game is so awesome. There are times it feels like it's being a little obtuse in ways that don't really enhance the experience, like the extremely stringent fast travel points and currency or the high punishment for pawn death despite some really flakey ai around water but generally when I sit down and have a chunky session with this game, I come away in awe. World exploration is SO satisfying, I love the aesthetic and atmosphere they've created, combat is exciting and varied vocation to vocation. Just a fantastic game that feels generously stuffed with content in every corner.

Also, I have just started up Rebel transmute, which seems like a really nice metroidvania firmly in the mold of the metroid games. Can't say too much about this yet but it's very nice to look at and controls well so far! Looking forward to playing more

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. First time playing it and having a blast. At the Zombie Dragon I believe the boss' name is.

I'm most likely going to continue with my Dragon Quest VII replay, just reached the second island now so I got quite a bit ahead of me.

Other than that I've also started Minishoot' Adventures, a sort of top-down metroidvania twin-stick shooter. Got it on a whim and have been pleasantly surprised so far.

I finally finished Persona 3 Reload this week! What an amazing game. I never played the original, but after looking up some gameplay of the original PS2/PSP versions, it's really incredible how Atlus updated this game. I'm actually pretty sad to have finished it. You get so close with these characters that finishing the game feels like graduating from school and saying goodbye to old pals.

This weekend I will be playing Princess Peach Showtime! which got put on the back burner as I finished up Persona. Some of the transformations are great but some are pretty mediocre, so it ends up feeling like a perfectly solid 7/10 game. I still think its super weird how the performance dips significantly in load screens and cutscenes.

I'm in a post-Rebirth lull. I might continue my replay of FF7 Remake, which I started last week. Playing it with PS5 graphics upgrades has been nice. I never realized how enclosed that game was when I played it in 2020, but coming back after Rebirth shows how far they have come in the past 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom