• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/8-3/10|

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - I've finished the stories for a few characters now. Maybe there's some final punch to the gut coming up, but for now the story has just felt milder than I expected.

Snufkin: Melody of Moomin Valley - This released on Thursday and I've been playing it a bit with our three-year-old. I would have hoped for a less gamey experience (quest markers and a skill level! at least there are no skill trees 😅), but all in all this is a very good game to play with a child.

Last edited:
Still working my way through Marvel Midnight Suns on Steam Deck at the moment, great game, really enjoying it. I also picked up Fire Pro Wrestling World on Steam Deck so I’ll also be playing that and trying to learn the ropes and getting to grips with it.

happy weekend Fami!

Didn’t get on with Fire Pro Wrestling so got a refund through steam, redownloaded AEW Fight Forever and played a bit of that and it’s still a good wrestling game despite its issues. Might looking the mod scene and see if I can get some up and running on Steam Deck.

I play Bleach Brave Souls every day.

Started Tales of Zestiria yesterday. I don't know if I'll continue though. Still at the beginning. It's ok so far.

As part of my 3D Mario-athon, I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine and enjoying it less and less as the game goes on. But I'll persevere and hit the credits as rapidly as possible.

Family stuff this weekend with it being mother's day in the UK, so I won't have all that much time. Might fit in more Baldur's Gate 3 or some Knights and Merchants (an old PC RTS) if I can.
See folks, Sunshine is bad! 😎

I still need to finish P3R I didn't even play it last time I posted I was going to but that game do be struggling to keep me liking it.

I did get 3 chapters into Sakura Wars last night. The 90s anime dating sim cringe is somehow working for me a bit better for mysterious reasons.

Lots of Unicorn Overlord. Game is addicting - just running around the map building up units and messing with party comps and setups can burn hours away!

Little bit of ranked in league since I rushed my alt to level 30. Little bit of wild rift cuz it's my bread and butter.
Interestingly enough, going through my OoT save again. Wrapped up the Fire Temple and Epona, thinking I'm hot shit.
It's here.
ZomboMeme_10032024055748.jpg

Just finished FF7 Rebirth, but today probably won't play anything because I only receive my copy of Overlord Unicorn tomorrow.

Like the past few weeks, Jet Force Gemini and FFV. I’m making decent progress in both but I imagine I have at least one more week left before beating either.

gdg9kRo.gif

HkBlg77.gif

OK! My mind has been sufficiently freaked by Space Giraffe this weekend. Still want to play some Akka Arrh, but otherwise I'm so ready for that Jeff Minter doc.

what is this

it looks cool
Space Giraffe! 🦒 It’s like $5CAD on Xbox, I’d say if you think that GIF looks interesting you’ll probably get some enjoyment out of it.

(Also the first level is called “Eyes of Allard” and has a trippy outline of former Xbox exec J Allard, which never fails to make me laugh)

I'm playing Persona 3 Reload this weekend. I've been trying to focus on one game at a time rather than playing several games at a time. I find it easier to make significant progress in games when it's the only game I'm playing.

Finished Radiant Silvergun!*

* — on Story Mode. There is literally no chance I would have finished it without keeping my upgraded weapons 😂 Cool game, but I’m still an Ikaruga Man.

Thinking I need one more chapter for Rebirth.

Fun game. Really enjoyed playing it.

All and all. The writing is very mediocre. Like Orignal FFVII isn’t really impressive mind you in that department. But I think the changes made are for what worst. Pacing is all over the place. Lot of padding still which is funny. Remake was too much Midgar and Rebirth pads sometimes and other times rushed through stuff. Like I think a Great tight game could’ve been done wi the Midgar and where Rebirth ends. The best part are the main cast interactions. That’s well done but the overall plot is worst off then the original, less is more in some parts of these remakes.

But can’t fault for wanting to be ambitious. Hope it doesn’t bite them in the end cause Rebirth isn’t really causal friendly. Even with easy mode. Like those mini games, man it’s way too many. Lock on targeting sucks still and the AI really doesn’t move much unless you can set up properly in Materia.

In the end. It’s a good game. But I think I like it less than Remake. Which is funny cause I’ve been very critical of remake

Still working on Shovel Knight Dig. It's our first roguelite platformer. We are finding it very fun and very challenging and have been at it for a few weeks. We've made it to the 3rd area. We're mostly not using the area skip feature except to practice certain parts. The gameplay itself is superb, and I'm amazed how many variations of the different levels exist.

Weekend update!

Granblue Fantasy just had their 10th year anniversary update. So it's back into Gacha hell. Other than a character song CD, I've never spent any real money on this game so my team composition has never been strong. But darn, this game is so generous that it is not hard to get all your favorite waifus and husbandos.

Managed to get a small friends gathering within Pokemon Violet to do the new Blastoise Tera Raid. For all the technical faults of the game, it is still really quite fun to play it with friends.

Progress for Atelier Ryza 2 has been really slow since I try to clear the side quests first before progressing in the main story. That meant that I am nowhere near getting the full cast. The interactions between the main cast is cute. Tao had a massive glow-up and Patty is obviously nursing a tsundere crush on him.

Finally, my order for the Animal Crossing lego came in! Given the limited space I got on the desk, I had to do quite a bit of configuration. Some of my older displays will have to go into storage to make way for the Animal Crossing house. Dr. Robotnik won't know what hit him.

7954b933e540596328a8a8e07232322d757ed3a3.jpg

I got to the beginning of the end in Dragon's Dogma...and was greeted with a much stronger version of a basic monster that wasn't in any part of the game before lol.

I'll finish it later today Monday since it's my last day off from work. Gotta make it count!

Tragically didn't manage to play a single second of Unicorn Overlord this weekend because my brother was over on Saturday and I was gone almost all of Sunday.

I did play some Golden Sun in short bursts in between (reached Colosso now so there's not that much left) but I also felt the urge to replay the original Final Fantasy VII so maybe I'll do that next...

My weekend report - it went very well! My goal for Love Live SIF2 was to hit level 20 in the high score challenge and I actually managed to hit level 22 before hitting a towering wall I didn’t feel like climbing just yet. I’ve become pretty comfortable with Expert mode at this point, but one of the challenges asked for a high score in a song on Master mode and uh…that was very intense lol. Back to back slide notes in particular (which are exclusive to Master mode) are kind of terrifying at the moment haha. Looking forward to challenging it down the road.

The big game I played was Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and I managed to get 15 hours in this weekend! I had a completely free Saturday and tons of energy so I managed to get 10 hours in there alone which darn I can’t remember the last time I did that. I’m not going for the Platinum since I’m not too interested in Hard mode, but I am aiming for a thorough playthrough. I fully cleared out the Grasslands and I’m nearly done with the Junon area (avoiding the main story). Now that I’m properly into it, I’m having an awesome time! Exploring the fantastic big zones is great fun and I’m digging the combat and minigames. Looking forward to playing more in the week ahead!

Weekend report! I was sicker these past few days than I have been in years. I wasn’t able to play as much as I wanted because I was feeling so run down. But I was still able to get at least some time in.

I was finally able to start Rebirth! I haven’t finished the Nibelheim portion yet, but I’m hoping to get more playtime this week. Fingers crossed.

I was also able to finish Penny’s Big Breakaway, a game about which I have very mixed feelings. It’s somehow both really good and very bad at the same time.

And finally, because I apparently always need to have at least two games going at once, I started Jusant yesterday. It’s a climbing game developed by Don’t Nod. Imagine Abzu crossed with Grow Home. I like the vibes so far, and the climbing sections are pretty engaging. They can definitely get tricky! It’s a pretty short game so I might be able to finish it before next weekend’s thread.

Back
Top Bottom