• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/8-3/10|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey hi hello and welcome to Famiboards’ very own weekly weekend thread! We wanna know what games you’re playing, we wanna know what plans you have, we wanna know what’s going on. Shout it out to the world! Have at it!

——————

Amazingly, me and my family are sick again, for the third time in a month, and it’s tons of fun taking care of sick children while you’re sick yourself. My oldest son’s third birthday is today, and we were supposed to have a party for him this weekend, but that had to be pushed back. Here’s to not getting another illness before next weekend!

Since I’m feeling sick and run down, I might not get as much gaming in as I would like. I would love to be able to finally start Final Fantasy VII Rebirth this weekend, cause right now I feel like Squidward in that meme, watching everyone else have fun with the new Final Fantasy.

I also would like to make some more progress in Penny’s Big Breakaway. I’m almost halfway through, and to be honest I’m not loving it. But there’s just enough of a spark there to keep me going, and hopefully by the end my opinion will have changed.

——————

That’s all! Get out there and play some games! And if the weather is nice, maybe go outside too. Or don’t, I’m not your mom. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Well i should be playing Unicorn Overlord ... but Amazon thinks there's no need to ship my CE yet.

So i argue with myself if i should "double dip" on the digital version or not.

Does arguing with yourself count as playing?

Splatoon 3 (getting more runs in Side Order done, plus catalogue levels in Turf War), Picross S+, and I'm caving in and starting a fresh save in Rune Factory 5.

giphy.gif

I'm in a terrible gaming drought. The only 2024 game I've played was Prince of Persia.

Well I was planning to continue my Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Crystal Legacy (I'm at 6 out of 8 Johto gyms beaten and surprisingly only two casualties so far) but in light of recent news, I got the urge to play through Chrono Trigger. But my brother has my DS, so I'm debating whether I should get CT on Steam for now.

I'm also enjoying Blast Corps on the side, and planning to add A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build to the active playlist.

Oh, and finally, Tekken 8 with my friends!

Now that I've finished Rebirth, I'm on an FF kick so I've decided to do a marathon in descending order: IX, VIII, VII and VI. Which will be fun, considering that I've never finished VI pixel remaster and haven't played VIII in forever.

Started IX this afternoon - still a magical marvel of a game.

Other than that, I'll be doing more attempts at Side Order of course, since I'm not done.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown or just more Street Fighter 6 for me.

I put about 50 hours into Baldur's Gate 3 over the last month and it's grown increasingly tedious, especially so in the second act. I'll probably come back to it, but I need to take a break. I still need to finish A Space for the Unbound at some point, too.

PS5 through PS Portal - FF7 Remake. Also got Rebirth but I never finished the first one so I'm working towards that. My impressions are... pretty ok game. Way too narrative based.

On Switch: Hitman Blood Money, Pentiment and Shiren. Couple of Jujutsu Kaisen Matches in between.

Panic is running a sale for the first anniversary of Catalog (Playdate’s digital store) so I snagged the following games:
  • Castle Tintagel (it’s Castlevania)
  • Castle Helios
  • Direct Drive
  • Under the Castle
  • Tau
I certainly have a type. I’ll be weaving in and out of these, and maybe some Breath of the Wild. As a treat.

I'm seven hours into Rebirth and I haven't done almost any story missions. I imagine I might do one of those this weekend!

Now that I've started Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5) it's going to be that, pretty much. Just hit the open world, so let's gooooooooooo

I've not really had the time to continue with Lies of P (Series S) recently, and I might not have any time this weekend with a new TTRPG campaign starting up and probably some casual MTG commander with friends, but despite my lack of progress, I do enjoy it a lot and want to get back to it when I can.

Update: I won the discussion with myself ... or lost ... and Unicorn Overlord digital is downloading as a write.

Over 60 hours into Persona 3 Reload. With my current pace, it's possible I end up at ~100h.

Continuing my adventures in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Nintendo Land Rebirth Starring Cloud From the Super Smash Bros. Series

Probably gonna jump between Unicorn Overlord and my 100th playthrough of Golden Sun. Had to keep myself from playing the FFVII Rebirth demo for obvious reasons.

Octopath Traveler 2: I only have three final chapters to go (Castti, Partitio and Hikari). I intend to finish it this weekend. I plan to do most of the postgame, but I probably will alternate it with a shorter game on the side, still TBD.

W0mx50a.gif

Had a few days without my anxiety meds which meant a hard time sleeping this week, though that meant I was able to finish both No More Heroes III and Paper Mario: The Origami King. Now I'm readjusting to the meds and also SICK. I tell ya! Assuming I don't spend all of my free time sleeping, I'm planning to monkey around with Space Giraffe on Xbox and Radiant Silvergun on the Switch.

Got a 4 day weekend ahead of me, so I'll be gaming a fair bit!

Dragons Dogma (Switch) continues. I'm at halfway through the story missions. This is definitely a game worth investing time in as exploring, dungeon/cave crawling at times, and climbing on all the big enemies to defeat them is really fun. It does have its rougher edges that are more akin to old school RPGs I suppose but it's refreshing to play something like this.

Next mission is to defeat a Griffon. I may or may not start beelining the story because I now want to play the sequel close to day one 😅

I made it and beat Batman Arkham Asylum yesterday so I am prepared to start Unicorn Overlord after kids are off to bed - I'm sinfully tired so it'll probably be a short session tonight. But I want to kick it off at least!

I plan to dive into Zettai Hero Project: Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman which I plan on replaying this whole week.

I’m slowly taking my time on rebirth after a hectic week,

But I may try the peach demo, or play some chill games on my switch as well like Mario vs DK or Mario kart

Still working my way through Marvel Midnight Suns on Steam Deck at the moment, great game, really enjoying it. I also picked up Fire Pro Wrestling World on Steam Deck so I’ll also be playing that and trying to learn the ropes and getting to grips with it.

happy weekend Fami!

Will be going back to Xeno 3 DLC to clear up some of the quests I missed and maybe I'll try to take on some of the superbosses

On PC, probably finishing Fallen Order (or getting close, feels like I'm getting towards the last stretch). On Steam Deck, more Demon Turf.

And then on Switch I'm not really sure; I feel Super Metroid calling my name for another replay, but I kinda wanna hold off on anything Metroid in the hope they decide to just drop Zero Mission on us out of nowhere

Only planning to play two games this weekend: Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I might be hitting a wall in the high score challenge that ends this weekend in Love Live at Star Rank 17. I want to try to hit 20, but we’ll see. The score is in part reliant on your team make up, and I don’t even have nine UR characters yet nor is the team I do have at max level, so it’s not necessarily a pure reflection of skill, but it’s been fun getting challenged by random songs regardless. Outside of this event, I consider getting full combos the real challenge of the game which has nothing to do with the gacha / team make up.

I did get the Platinum trophy in Like A Dragon 8 Infinite Wealth two days ago now, so now I’m all in on Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I’ve only played an hour so far and haven’t finished the prologue yet (the bridge broke), so I’m still very early. I wrote about Love Live more above, but 90% of my gaming time is going here this weekend to be clear lol. I’m super excited to finally play it!

Rebirth and probably nothing else. It might have to wait until tomorrow since I'm usually really tired on Friday nights. I only played a couple hours last week, so I'm really excited to dig into it!

More FFVII Rebirth, and the new season of Fortnite. New killer in DBD drops Tuesday, so I guess that too

Looks like I've got a little rhythm going in FFIX so we'll see if that keeps up.
Also messing around with its raining ninjas!I mean Ninja Gaiden black… but I've already hit a wall with the first boss, nunchuck wall, no idea how to actually hurt him

Well today was wasted but tomorrow I plan to try and finish Spirit of Justice but probably won't since I planned to play some today but plans changed.

FVII Rebirth - 12 hours in and just started Chapter 4. Also probably some Splatoon 3 in between.

I have the switch in my hands and I opt out to stare at wall for 40 minutes then dock and proceed with the rest of my day. That has happened twice. I’m ready for TTYD plz.

Splatoon 3's Big Run event in hopes that I'll get a few gold scales... shakes fist

Once I get fed up with that I'll go back to Monster Hunter Generations on 3DS or  Thumper on Switch.

I'm two worlds away from completing Donkey Kong '94 on Gameboy. I just think my attention span has gone to hell. I can only play two or three levels at a time then have to switch to something else. The game is amazing, I swear!

Replaying Super Mario 3D World & currently in W2.
High chance still in W2 after this weekend.

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy it's been a while since i took part in one of these! I have several candidates for this weekend, more than i'm willing to admit.

Euro Truck Simulator 2
You know that game you use as your benchmark for every controller you buy? Yes, that one, you may not even notice, you HAVE one. Yes, you too. Well, this is my controller benchmark game, why? Well, it's a repetitive game where you drive slowly from point A to point B, sometimes for hours, you need comfort and being able to focus on the road instead of finding the perfect grip for the controller.

In fact, this is the game that made me SELL the Steam Controller. Oh well, back to speaking about my oddities.

The thing is, i've spent quite a few hours with the 8bitdo Ultimate Controller already, and i still need to pit it agaisnt ETS2, so that's what i'm going to do.

Gran Turismo 7
GT7 on the main dishes! The hell happened!?

Well, what happened is that i suddendly decided to spice things a little and started playing on Manual Transmission. The game changes completely and i need to pay more attention to every single turn and what gear i'm on, so my muscle memory has been thrown into disarray and i need to retrain it.

For what is worth, it's genuinely fun! I'm looking at the game with completely different eyes, and now i understand some praise i used to dismiss, it took me several hours to complete this week's online TT with the Bugatty Veyron Gr.4, but it was SO worth it. I think i needed this.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Finished all the Cauldrons and now i'm set on beating all the corrupted areas, but i'm thinking on leaving it for the post-game and just go through the story. The clock is ticking, and i haven't finished any game for march yet. Also, i managed to make the 8bitdo Ultimate's gyro to work on PC, and it was SO worth it.

Simcity 3000
Dang, the list is getting long. Dismissed Cities Skyline 2 after noticing some glitches that were hindering my city's growth, and EA just put Simcity 3000 on Steam for 2 €, so i jumped right in. City building/managing are comfort food for me.

Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Bedtime comfort game! I'm going slowly through it and enjoying every nook and cranny. So far, i'm inclined to say that Nintendo has managed to recapture Mario's quirky spirit that got lost in the New Era. I'm in the desert right, having to find the levels hidden behind mirages is both interesting and annoying.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it. No Pokémon, no side dishes, i don't even know if i'll play all of these. I've been all over the place lately, and need to put my head in order. To be honest, i'm having issues focusing on a single task, so it's hard for me to continue Pokémon right now, all i can say is that last time i played i reached Ecruteak city.

As part of my 3D Mario-athon, I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine and enjoying it less and less as the game goes on. But I'll persevere and hit the credits as rapidly as possible.

Family stuff this weekend with it being mother's day in the UK, so I won't have all that much time. Might fit in more Baldur's Gate 3 or some Knights and Merchants (an old PC RTS) if I can.

Unfortunately I’m in the middle of writing my Master Degree Thesis, so I don’t have much free time this weekend (but I’ll be free by the end of March finally!!)

Anyway, in my limited free time I’ll surely continue Persona 3 Reload and Diabolik Lovers

Maybe I’ll also find the time to finally try the Unicorn Overlord demo

to homage Akira Toriyama I decided to start playing Chrono Trigger again after over 20 years.

hqdefault.jpg
Have to admit, if I wasn't busy with Rebirth, something Toriyama-related would have been on my list. Maybe Blue Dragon or DBZ Kakarot.

I'm continuing playing Expeditions, now in the carpathians and the mountain is really cool (and hard) to navigate with some trucks. Overall I really liked the focus on exploration here than snowrunner and I can see now why they put this as an spinoff. Also finally photo mode is coming so expect pics once they release this

Xbox Series X - Unicorn Overlord looks NUTS on it. Glad I went with this version.
PS5 - Rebirth of course and Diablo IV.
Switch - Picross S+.
Steam Deck - Balatro.

Back
Top Bottom