• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/1-3/3|

I have Rebirth, but I have to finish Persona 3 Reload first since I'm so close to the end. I hope to have lots of time with both games this weekend.

Persona 5 Royal. I’m pretty hooked, having never played the series before. The uncertainty with Nintendo’s 2024 finally gave me a chance to play it. I’m about 12 hours in so far and really enjoying it.

It is a bit tricky since I only get to play an hour, maybe two on a really good day. Having kids and a job takes up your time! This is going to take me months…

I can't stop playing Balatro; I won't stop playing Balatro. Don't ask me to! I'm not gonna do it!

bMZAZi1.gif

Persona 5 Royal. I’m pretty hooked, having never played the series before. The uncertainty with Nintendo’s 2024 finally gave me a chance to play it. I’m about 12 hours in so far and really enjoying it.

It is a bit tricky since I only get to play an hour, maybe two on a really good day. Having kids and a job takes up your time! This is going to take me months…
Are you me? It’s taken me two months to nearly finish two 25 hour games.

I'm playing some Tears of the Kingdom as always since I bought it. I'm 90h in or more I think, and I feel like I barely touched the ground!! Incredible how packed the game is.

And I'm about to finish Celeste! I'm loving the game. The lore, the scenery, the challenge, the music... everything. I think I'll hit the top today!!

I'll try to test some demos(Unicorn Overlord) and maybe get back to some games of my backlog.

I finished my re-play of FFVII Remake this Thursday and also just finished Episode INTERmission for the first time this morning. I am now ready for Rebirth. Very excited - this is the first time in a very long time I stopped watching trailers for a game at a certain point to keep things as fresh as possible. Looking forward to seeing how they adapted the game!!

Are you me? It’s taken me two months to nearly finish two 25 hour games.
Ha! Maybe. That's probably about what I get done too - though I'm finding time to sneak in Persona since I'm enjoying it so much. I was up before 6 today to go for a run and then play Persona for an hour before the wife/kids woke up.

So far Expeditions Mudrunner has been a blast. I really like how they separate the expeditions as semi tutorials (at least the easiest ones) and they give you some sense of direction instead of just putting you in the map. You can still freeroam and the game does expect you to search for upgrades (I just found one in the Arizona map) but at least you have some experience from the quests now.

Cassette Beasts! I bought it a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it! I stopped for a bit due to the Unicorn Overlord demo, and I won't have much time to play again for a while - this week is busy and at the end of it, Unicorn Overlord comes out. UO will take up ALL of my gaming time probably until late April or early May, depending on replay value and all that jazz.

Cassette Beasts has a very fun type advantage-disadvantage thing going on, but I do wish that training beasts was easier. I also don't like how spread out the gym boss people are. I've only found four and it's not nearly as fun. Still, I'm enjoying the music and the atmosphere, and I can't wait to get back in the groove of it once again.

Finally got around to Splatoon 3: Side Order and I really like it. Kind of feels like every mode of Splatoon 3 crammed into one. I cleared the spire on my third run with Agent 4's palette and I'm looking forward to trying to clear it with other palettes and color chip combinations. Seems like a good way to get some practice in with different weapons.

Also picked up Picross S+ and I'm making my way through e1. It's great of course. Between that and the palettes in Side Order my Switch is seeing a lot of squares this weekend.

Finished the weekend playing a very hard mission in Expeditions, that was hell of a long drive to deliver some weather equipment from the grand canyon area to coconino (wherever the hell that is). And my car only flip once so that's some good money to tune up my trucks

awKQtLE.jpeg

My weekend report - aside from Love Live School Idol Festival 2, which I’m really enjoying the high score challenge event in as it gets tougher and tougher, I focused all of my gaming time towards Like A Dragon 8 Infinite Wealth. I’ve just hit the 100 hour mark and I’m staring down the end finally at the second point of no return. While I don’t know how bad the final level grind will be, I’m basically all wrapped otherwise as the only trophies I have left are beat the game, beat the two dungeons, and hit level 70 with Kasuga. I’m really glad I focused in on LAD8 because I’m excited to see the story through and then move on properly to Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. When I beat the game I’ll be sure to write my thoughts in the LAD ST and when I get the Platinum I’ll write a post in the RPGs ST.

I got a win with each deck in Balatro and I think I might need to uninstall it for a little bit so I can get to some other stuff 😂

I progressed in FFV, still feels like I have a fair amount of game to go through since I don't have access to the highest tier of spells...

Also progressed a bit in Jet Force Gemini. I'm pretty sure the game will be a struggle because of the controls so I'm lowkey hoping it's not that long.

ended up playing the first couple chapters of The World Ends With You, which I haven't played since 2008 but which I was totally obsessed with at the time. and it still rules! i've wanted to revisit it for years and i think i'll stick with it to the end, and hopefully finally check out the sequel at some point too

I got 16 shines in Mario Sunshine, and a bunch of stuff in Baldur's Gate 3 (fought gnolls, rescued people from a fire, fooled a scary soldier, jumped down a hole into a new place).

I’m very close to finishing - I have five characters left to do. Would you say it wraps up in a way that makes any sense? 😅
I think the overall narrative falls into place in a surprisingly neat way, given all of the confusion leading up to the end. Whether it works for you depends partly on how much you're willing to buy into all of the concepts it throws at you and how accepting you are of the fact that the story relies on most if not all POV characters being unreliable narrators for one reason or another. At multiple points I thought I was extremely close to figuring things out only for the game to throw another curveball at me.

Weekend report. Didn't spend much time on gaming but I did squeeze out another win in Splatoon 3's Side Order. This time with the Brella and as many Pearl Drone chips I could find.

We took our dog out for a nice walk at one of the local trails. Every other park here is very clearly No Pets Allowed which is kind of a bummer. She got a pup cup out of it, so I think she had a good time.

As part of my resolution to clear the Atelier Ryza trilogy this year, I have started Atelier Ryza 2. First 1/2 hr in so far and the new battle system is going to take a while to get used to.
It's pretty simple (and button mashy), but if you're well-versed with crafting items then it's going to be really easy to finish, especially on the available difficulty settings before finishing the game once. Ryza 3 has this issue too, but at least it fully continues to where the first Ryza game left off in terms of plot.

Back
Top Bottom