• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |3/1-3/3|

Red Monster

Professional Conversationalist
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Friday! Welcome to our weekly weekend thread. This is where we can talk about our plans for the weekend - what games are you playing, fun things you’re gonna do, and all that jazz. Everyone should know the drill. Let’s go!

——————

My number one goal this weekend is to finish The Last of Us Part II Remastered. I’m two-thirds of the way through, and at this point I’m determined to see it through to the end. Both because Rebirth just came out and I want to get to that, but also because I’m invested in this story and I want to see how it ends.

My other game is still 13 Sentinels - Aegis Rim. I’m really close to finishing this one, too, but I don’t think I’ll roll credits this weekend. I’ll definitely have it done before next week’s weekend thread, though!

If so manage to finish TLoU, then I’ll definitely be starting Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. I’m jealous of everyone who’s already playing it! My copy is sitting on the shelf, tempting me. I gotta stay strong!

And finally, I downloaded Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! off of Apple Arcade, so I might spend a little time checking that out. And I’ve still got Picross 3D going, but that’s gonna be a side game for me for months and months I’m sure.

——————

That’s it! I can’t wait to see what everyone is gonna be playing. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Have Final Fantasy VII Rebirth installed on my PS5 and I'm just waiting for the work day to end before starting. Well, I'm actually going to watch the next episode of Frieren right after work and then I'm starting up Rebirth.

Kicking March off right with a bunch of the new Splatoon 3 season, and a little bit of Pokemon Sword (yes, I'm back in that game) sprinkled in for good measure. Maybe some Picross S9 and S+ too.

Some combination of:
  1. Trace Memory (DS)
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
  3. Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
  4. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Switch)
Also, I will be mulling over getting a 4:3 television for retro games or giving up that dream and getting a retro handheld. A Sega Saturn is calling my name.

The Unicorn Overlord demo because i still have to wait a full week for the full game.

And Octopath Traveler 2.

• Demon Turf (Steam Deck)
  • Virtual Boy Wario Land (3DS)

Probably try out the new map in Vampire Survivors and get started on the new Splatoon catalog on Switch. Also been thinking about trying to start Jedi Fallen Order on PC at some point

2xb0YZy.gif

• Balatro
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • No More Heroes III

I would say more but that would leave less time to play:

• Balatro
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • No More Heroes III

82SBZgf.gif

Same as always: Octopath Traveler 2. I finished Osvald's penultimate chapter today, and I still have three other penultimate chapters to go until everyone is down to the last chapter. The goal is to at least do that and uncover pretty much the whole map so next week I can start going into final chapters and start clearing stories.

I had a fun but busy weekend in London last weekend so never played much, this weekend however I have a lot of spare time to play!

Marvel Midnight Suns is still my main game on Steam Deck, still enjoying it especially the Abbey stuff which I know a lot of people didn't overly like. on Switch, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition is my mindless back up game, it's been ok so far, i'm not loving it but i'll continue on with it.

Outside of those I may dabble in some indie stuff but we shall see, have a great weekend Fami!

Gonna continue my Nuzlocke run of Pokemon Crystal Legacy if I can get some time with my PC. If not, then I have a bunch of Switch games waiting for my attention. Might chill back and wrack my brains in A Good Snowman Is Hard to Build, or chase those sweet, sweet high scores in Graceful Explosion Machine. I could also take NSO for a spin; Blast Corps was good ol' mindless explode-y fun.

I finished replaying Kotor 2 on my Steam Deck earlier this week so I started a new character in The Old Republic on PC after not playing that since 2012. Also playing a bit of Dark Forces (Non-remastered), Insurgency and/or Insurgency Sandstorm depending on how I feel.

My weekend is just going to be trying to fit Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth in whenever I can, I'm getting so much out of this game. It's good in all the ways I thought Remake was good but what I'm really impressed with is the open world. I wasn't sure what to expect of how they would adapt the former world map/overworld but they created such a dense lush looking world and it feels like it meaningfully fleshes out the world of the original. Very pleased.

I am also playing Children of Morta again, which is a game I come back to once or twice a year and play for a few weeks and has snuck up on me as a favourite. It's a rogue lite about a family who live at the base of a mystical mountain that has been corrupted, the god of the mountain and woods has gone silent and with each dungeon run you delve deeper into the mountain in an attempt to discover the cause. Each family member plays differently with a different weapon or fighting style but you can say the game plays broadly like Diablo mechanically, it has an absolutely gorgeous visual presentation, I love all the little story vignettes between runs and just watching the family pottering around the rooms of the house doing whatever they're doing this time.

And finally, I'm still playing Bandle Tale! It's a great time, I posted a chunky post about it in the Life Sims OT so check that out if anyone has the interest. It's very cosy and fun to dig into each evening when I'm trying to wind down before bed :)

Still going with FFXIV, now in Endwalker patch content. Current goal is to get Reaper up to lvl 90 and get the relic weapon. It's currently at 86 so should be pretty easy. I think I need 1500 tomestones to get the Amazing version of the relic weapon though (which is the one I want) so that may take a bit more time.

I've been getting more and more into Dragon's Dogma (Switch). Spellcasting is fun (and my only means to do decent damage cause my sword sucks and I can't afford another one just yet D: ). I may get Dragon's Dogma 2 on Steam later this year but it really depends...

Also with the new season Splatoon 3 is back in my rotation and probably will be for most of this month. Going to aim to unlock everything in Side Order, but that will take time.

Oh yeah - Enjoy Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth everyone!

Last edited:
Weekend is off to a bad start with a chronic illness flare up which has been quite bad (I don't remember the afternoon and am just about rebooting a little), so there'll be no gaming today. Had to cancel plans to attend sport with my brother, too, which sucks.

I actually started Super Mario Sunshine the other day, as part of my 2024 quest to replay all the 3D Mario titles available on Switch ahead of a new game in the series eventually emerging. The good thing about Mario is the bite size nature of the objectives, so it's a good option if my concentration is still off over the weekend.

If I'm well enough for some longer gaming sessions, I'll be continuing my adventures in the immensely enjoyable Baldur's Gate 3. My character is a hench, himbo High Elf Druid folk hero who just has to help everybody he meets, even if it means crossing a swamp hag or fighting dozens of goblins.

Weekend is off to a bad start with a chronic illness flare up which has been quite bad
Feel better Spo, I was sick earlier this week too, feels like that time of year. Rest and relax as best you can!

Chapter 13 on Hard Mode is beating the absolute hell out of me in Triangle Strategy. 😂

Last edited:
Reading about everyone playing Rebirth like
gURMcxB.jpg

Hope y'all are having fun! (Also if someone could tell me if Hojo still wears his whole-ass lab coat at the beach, you'd really be doin' me a solid)

Currently (trying) progressing in Tomb Raider 3 but I have 3 recently purchased Switch games are also waiting for me: Shiren the Wanderer 6, Dark Forces Remaster, U-four-ia 2. Quite hyped about Ufouria.

Also 10 hours in in FF7 Remake Intergrade on PS5. Getting ready for Rebirth but I have very limited time so picked the easiest difficulty to be done with as fast as possible.

I really want to spend as much time outside with the kids while the weather's uncharacteristically pleasant, but I might be able to play a bit more of Baldur's Gate 3, maybe even finishing up the remaining Act I side quests.

Lately I've been busy with music so I didn't progress that much with gaming...

Anyway, still playing through Final Fantasy V, I imagine I have plenty left.

Also started the first few minutes of Jet Force Gemini... I can tell this one will require some time to grasp the controls.

I enjoyed the Unicorn Overlord demo so much that I'm finally properly playing 13 Sentinels. I think I'm about halfway through, hoping to make some good progress this weekend.

Last edited:
I will continue with Fable Anniversary. It's been a long week, so I wasn't able to put in any playtime during the week.

Finished Little Nightmares 2 during the week and now I aim to beat Batman Arkham Assylum prior to the launch of Unicorn Overlord - dont want a game I am far in to hinder me starting the game next weekend.

I think I might be halfway through Batman or something like that? Give or take an hour, Feels like it at least.

Will probably play some multiplayer with a few friends - whatever game as well.

Golden sun TLA, Pikmin 2, maybe try to get back into FFIX and AI somunium. Soulcalibur 6 and maybe ace combat 7 as pace breakers(well unless I bite in Star Wars star fighter or secret over Normandy since I’ve accepted they will never go on sale)

should i continue my ace attorney marathon over spring break and start ff7 that's been on my switch for years.?

As part of my resolution to clear the Atelier Ryza trilogy this year, I have started Atelier Ryza 2. First 1/2 hr in so far and the new battle system is going to take a while to get used to.

I’m revisiting my library and finishing a bunch of abandoned or untouched games

I finished Cuphead recently. Next target is Sonic Mania

No games for me this weekend though.
But I am proudly 100% Mario Wonder a couple days ago with spending more than 6 hours on the final badge challenge.
This week I will visit my bestie who just got married. We will have dinner together in her house. I am still thinking of the menu.

I think I'll end up playing Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. I realized I had started it ages ago but never finished; might be time to do that.

Was busy today, but I have a quiet weekend ahead which I’m looking forward to. While I’m planning to play a little more Final Fantasy VII Rebirth today since I barely played an hour yesterday, I’m actually going to be most focused on wrapping up Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth. I know I’m in the home stretch now with barely 12 trophies left (3 chapters, 3 drink links, hitting level 50 and 70, 2 max social stats for Kasuga, and the two dungeons). I don’t know how long it will take exactly with the social stats and level grinds, but the end feels tangible and I’m excited to see the story through.

If I finish LAD8, my attention will shift to Rebirth. I’ll also continue to play Love Live School Idol Festival 2 daily. Only three months left until shutdown :/

New season in Splatoon 3 plus the Side Order DLC. Just when I'm starting to feel burned out on it the game drags me back in. I have one completed run of Side Order under my belt. Going to attempt a clear with each palette before shelving this.

My side games lately have been Donkey Kong 94 and Thumper. Donkey Kong moreso; I'm on world 5 and excited to make more progress this weekend.

I'm feeling a Monster Hunter itch coming on. It might be time to start Monster Hunter Generations on 3DS, but that's more of a maybe. 4U was the last time this series really clicked for me. I bounced off of and couldn't get into World nor Rise.

I'll try:

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on PS5
Pentiment on Switch
Granblue Relink on Steam Deck
Diablo IV on Xbox
Death Stranding on iPhone

Reading about everyone playing Rebirth like
gURMcxB.jpg

Hope y'all are having fun! (Also if someone could tell me if Hojo still wears his whole-ass lab coat at the beach, you'd really be doin' me a solid)
this-meme-inspired-by-me-being-forgetful-last-night-v0-5g98xxsboklc1.png

Rebirth is amazing on the gameplay front.

And it’s the type of RPG I love. 🥹

Not too far into it, but the writing is nothing really so far. Surprisingly moving much slower than I thought it would. I mean the beginning is already “what lol” stuff.

Also, there hasn’t been a single ghost whisper and all the time I’ve played. Like. I’m shocked.

No Final Fantasy VII Rebirth for me, not anytime soon. I need to finish Remake and the original first!

I'm balancing two games this weekend. On my Switch, I'm playing Splatoon 3: Side Order. I've completed three more runs and I think I'll manage to finish it with all of the palettes. Five more to go! On my Retroid Pocket 4 Pro, I'm playing the Kanto Expansion Pak hack of Pokémon Red. Take the base game and preserve its battle mechanics, but add in future evolutions, alternate forms, and beta Pokémon, all flavored to fit the balance of the competitive Generation I metagame. I'm almost done with Misty, and the combination of Pokémon availability and more challenging but not ridiculous boss fights make for an engaging Gen I experience. I need to come up with a final team...I'm balancing a lot of members thanks to the use of speed up grinding.

I already spent like 4 hours with Expedition: Mudrunners and overall it's been a better experience than snowrunner. The theme of exploration works better for their engine and now they give you more tools like a flying drone and a tool to see how deep is the water since really exploration is the game, and now you can even change the pressure of the tires on the go to have better traction in slopes. I already discovered some dinasours fossils.

Well I'm on spring break so now would be a good time to play some games that require a lot of time investment 😄 I want to try Persona 3 Reload on my Gamepass trial, I liked what I played of Persona 4 Golden but dropped it at the Naoto dungeon because I was starting to lose steam after the fakeout "we found the culprit" twist, Persona 3 Reload looks interesting and the original is a classic so I want to try it. I also kind of want to try Tales of Arise on Gamepass, but mostly because I've heard really bad things about it and what I played of the demo was ... certainly something ...

Also kinda want to get into Street Fighter 6 but juggling two fighting games at once might be too much, so we'll see.

I started the Famiboards favourite 13 Sentinels a few days ago. I wish there was something more gameplaywise, but the plot seems to go places and I want to find out more, so I'll keep going.

Last edited:
I started the Famiboards favourite 13 Sentinels a few days ago. I wish there was something more gameplay wise, but the plot seems to go places and I want to find out more, so I'll keep going.
Yeah the gameplay really is practically not there. Even the fights are simple. But I guess it is a visual novel. The story is crazy enough that it’ll carry you through. It’s long though. I’m 25 hours in and I’m not done yet.

Back
Top Bottom