• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler What do you want to see in Metroid 6?

Metroid Primal - The Space Pirates are back with a brand new rogues' gallery for Samus to hunt down. She tracks them to a technologically primitive planet teeming with deadly wildlife but gets shot down. Her ship and power suit are damaged beyond repair and she doesn't even have a standard blaster. She must craft weapons and armor from materials she finds along the way and learn new abilities from the indigenous inhabitants of the planet.

Last edited:
Another evil chozo guy cloned the metroids in another planet, or someone from the galactic federation could extract some metroid DNA from Zeres before it was destroyed, or the space pirates have some DNA backup in another place that they could save before the destruction of planet Cebes.

Metroids have been many often cloned in such universe, 3 times already, who cares if they have been cloned for a fourth time, or even fifth.

I think that would undermine the developments in the past. I think the fact that Samus is the last Metroid will be a important plotpoint going forward.

I’d love to see Mercury Steam (assuming that they’re the devs) pare things back. Although the Switch pro controller/handheld mode offers a ton of buttons (including clickable sticks), their existence isn’t reason to go hog wild. Look back to how economical the GBA games were with just two face buttons and two shoulder buttons! I’d also love to go back to the simplified aiming system of those games.

Controls aside, I’d like to see a stronger puzzle element to the game incorporating various upgrades instead of just straightforward barriers. Ideally there would be multiple solutions to the progress-blocking ones, allowing for sequence breaking. And of course I’d like a little more openness to the map design to require manual backtracking as in classic Metroid games.

I’m pretty open with regard to story, but something dealing with corruption within the GalFed or incorporating other bounty hunters would be welcome.

I think the next logical thing to play around with in the Metroid universe is time.

Explore the same areas only at different points in time for that planet. Doing one thing in one time period affects others that come later.

Wasn't this done in The Cave? Anyway, it could add a lot of gameplay to the mix that mesh well with Metroidvania exploration and gating mechanics.

I mean we still have the mystery of what the federation is really after. Plus we’re overdue for a populated planet

For this question we really need to know how the Metroid community is reading the ending.

Does the Thoha X at the end control the Metroid DNA, allowing her to Metroid at will in the future?

Or does it suppress the Metroid DNA, potentially causing more random flare ups like happened sporadically in Dread?

Or does it stop it completely and she's not going green ever again?

I just want it to exist in less than 20 years. A lot of these new ideas are cool, but honestly, I would be totally happy with the same engine and a new map. The Metroid formula works, just give me more!

More originality. Would love to see a Metroid game where the vast majority of upgrades were brand-new powerups and Samus started the game with a largely full traditional toolkit (even Screwattack, could be balanced better to not be OP from the start)

Last edited:
Even more lore. Not more cutscenes though, the amount in Dread was perfect. I want to find data logs and stuff for additional info about the world and areas. Oh and give me a beastiary.

Spicy lore.

Ditch the mainstay powerups and give us all new ones. It’ll be ok if we don’t have Super Missiles, Gravity Suit, and Screw Attack for one game, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom