• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic What can Smash 6 do differently from Smash Ultimate?

They’d have to rework every moveset to fit with the new engine/physics, as well as rework every 3rd party contract for a new game. That’s a lot of effort for something that could be accomplished much easier by simply porting the game and adding new content.

That's why I just said the models and animations, not necessarily the coding (which even then might be used and tweaked if there's good legacy support).

I personally disagree with posters who say that there should be less 3rd party characters in smash. They’re part of the franchise in general now & have been since Brawl.

It’s true that it’s always good to have more Nintendo characters, we already have a total of 80 of them now (that total includes the 7 Koopalings, Alph & the 3 Pokémon alongside Pokémon Trainer).

We would’ve even had both Sonic & Solid Snake in Melee (which was both Yuji Naka & Hideo Kojima’s idea, by the way) if not for the fact that that game was too far in development.

If i can be somewhat cynical for a second I'd say the thing Smash 6 could do differently than ultimate is not come so soon after. I get the wii U was dying and switch picked up all the games off the floor... but it was very soon
I do believe it would do the franchise some good to take a break for a while and come back looking and playing better than ever on some future hardware.

As for features I'd love to actually have video capture ... I'd like to see new modes and new ways to do tournaments and such.

Also an online mode that is simple and straightforward. I can't remember if this is possible but it seems in so many of nintendo's games you can't even join a friend and smash on some randos online. So that too.

Back
Top Bottom