• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion What are some 3rd party games you want to come to switch?

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
What are some third party games you want to come to switch or switch 2 in the future? Mine would be Elden ring and ff7 remake. More big square games on the switch in the future would be cool too. Wonder if switch 2 will fix some issues like power or storage so more games can come to it and also not just a cloud version like the kingdom hearts games.

nier replicant. i really want to play automata but i feel like i should play replicant first (i know they're both pretty much stand-alone titles)

Just some of many...

Switch:

Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139...
Shin Megami Tensei IV HD Remaster
Ultra Street Fighter IV

Switch NG:

Tales of Arise
Elden Ring
Resident Evil 2 and 3
Resident Evil 4
Street Fighter 6

I'll also give my vote to Hot Summer Sylvie
Also...

Sylvie Lime
Sylvie Sweetheart
Her Little Sylvietower
Girl Adventure
CommitArsonNow

My first choice would be the 2019 reboot of Sakura Wars.

Beyond that, I've already voiced my wish for the XSEED-published Trails games (Sky and Cold Steel 1 & 2) to have a system other than PC to unify the series on, there's also Utawarerumono (really baffled why it isn't on Switch already, but it seems a lot of smaller-scale Japanese devs are still seeming apprehensive about the system) and Kandagawa Jet Girls. Also, Code Vein and Scarlet Nexus, if we're talking more mainstream-adjacent games.

On less anime-y games... Dark Souls 2 & 3 (maybe Elden Ring if the Switch 2 gets powerful enough), FF XV, FF Type-0 HD, FF VII R, NieR RepliCant, Yakuza and that about covers it.

The whole Valkyria Chronicels series. Yes, there is VC 1 and 4, but 2 is also awesome (fuck the haters). Don't know about 3 though. But the seris fits console as well as handheld so for me it deserves to be on Switch.

The Yakuza series is my main pick, which mostly feels like a lost cause considering RGG's statements about the Switch. But hey, you never know.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Separate, part of a collection, remastered, original... whatever. It's baffling to me you can't play this classic game on the Switch in any form.

Tales of Arise
Elder Ring
Psychonauts 2
Hi-Fi Rush
Ratchet and Clank
Shin Megami Tensei IV & Apocalypse
Persona 3 Reload
Metaphor Re Fantasio

Idk I don't many 3rd party games interest me all that much apart from those.

At this point, we're getting close to having everthing I want on the Switch, at this point it's basically just Licensed games on older systems ported over. Whether it be NSO or remastered or ported whatever, as long as they're there somehow!

Tarzan 64
Spider-Man 64
The GBA Yugioh games
The Ed, Edd n Eddy GBA game

Stuff like that.

One thing I really need is a remake of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie game, since Battle for Bikini Bottom got one and even a brand new sequel, we're missing the middle of the trilogy!

This has always been my answer in such threads and always will be:

FINAL FANTASY XIII TRILOGY!!!!!

Balduar‘s Gate 3
Final Fantasy 13 trilogy
Final Fantasy VII Remake Complete Trilogy Edition Deluxe
Dark Souls 2/3
Metal Gear Solid 4 and GZ/TPP… i am praying for MGS Collection Vol. 2+

For Switch
MGS5
GTAV
Fallout 4

For Switch NG
FDR2
Residents Evil 2R/4R
Elden Ring
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Kingdom Hearts 3
FFVII Remake Part 1/2/3
Yakuza
Metro Exodus

Mass Effect Trilogy
Dragon Age
Binary Domain
Skies of Arcadia
Maximo/Army of Zin
Dragon Quest VII/VIII
SMTIV
Radiant Historia
Etrian Mystery Dungeon
Etrian Odyssey 4/5/Nexus

So many games. I pretty much want everything I’ve ever enjoyed on it.

all of Vanillaware past and future catalog, I realize some of that hinges on the publishers themselves but I hope it can happen.

So far I'm pretty fortunate to have what's already there. Here's some stuff I'd really like:

Older games
Bomberman 64/Heroes
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Chrono Trigger
Commander Keen series
Final Fantasy Tactics series
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy
Hocus Pocus series
Harvest Moon 64
Jazz Jackrabbit series
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
The Last Story
Ogre Battle 64
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Rayman Origins
Riven/Myst sequel games
SimCity 2000
Snowboard Kids series
Sonic Advance (just the first one tho)
Star Ocean 3
Star Wars Battlefront II (PS2 era version)
Star Wars: X-Wing/TIE Fighter series
Super Star Wars series

Current games
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake series
Final Fantasy XIV Online
Kingdom Hearts III
Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
System Shock remake

I'd probably be pretty happy even if 30% of this makes it eventually.

Aside from the games mentioned so far, would love to play these on Switch:

Killer7
Castlevania DS games collection
Goemon Collection (NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2 & DS games etc, give me them all)
Devil Survivor 1 & 2
Valkyrie Profile 2 & Covenant of the Plume
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (a Breath of Fire Collection would be the preference though)
Vagrant Story
Crimson Shroud
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Soul Hackers (to clarify: the good one, not the mediocre sequel)
Gungnir (probably coming since Sting are releasing everything else from Dept. Heaven series now)
Time Crisis Collection (joycon lightgun action like HOTD Remake!)
Fatal Frame 1 & 3 (2 Wiimake, if it counts but that was co-developed/published by Nintendo, whereas 1 and 3 are stuck on old systems)
Front Mission 4 & 5 (hopefully coming after remakes of 2 & 3 are out)
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Shining Force III (in 3 Volumes, as originally intended).

Last edited:
I'd kill for Armored Core VI (and ports of the older Armored Core games) to come to Switch, whether it's the current one or the next-gen one.

Since the Switch is nearing its run, my list will be for Switch 2:

Street Fighter VI
Resident Evil 7&8
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XIV
Dragon Quest XII

Anything really, the more the merrier, Banjo-Kazooie and Persona 5 were some of the last big ones I really wanted

I have a Steam Deck so I am pretty set for the most part, though I really do think the lack of the Sonic Adventure duology on Switch is baffling considering how those games were the introduction to Sonic for many Nintendo fans

It’s a travesty that the Switch doesn’t have more fighting games. Especially bitter that my genre favorite, Tekken, skips the platform. I also want Dissidia!

Then we’re definitely missing Atlus stuff. If you can’t give me Devil Survivor 3, at least port the first two.

Also still waiting for some of the promised games that haven’t materialized yet, namely Outer Wilds.

Then everything else I think is waiting for the Switch 2 power boost, like the Capcom games.

I’m pretty content with what we have but, throw in Scarlet Nexus & Nier Replicant & I’d be over the moon.
Bandai Namco support has been severely lacking for years now between late or no ports at all for what seems no brainer releases.

With Square Enix, seeing how positive the reception was for Nier Automata makes me think Replicant would happen sooner rather than later (and also it runs quite a bit better than Automata so it should be an "easier" port).

Generally I'd rather play multiplatforms on a more powerful machine, but I'd like Baldur's gate 3 and Metaphor re fantazio on switch 2. I also hope persona 6 is day one on switch 2. Come on atlus, stop being weird.

Last edited:
Fantasian
Spark the Electric Jester 3
Trails in the Sky trilogy

and oh yeah
C H R O N O
T R I G G E R

Capcom things and FromSoftware things basically

Also -- Day of the Tentacle

And that Strider game that came out a few years ago

Everything is the only correct answer. Also, I would love for them to get to a point where whenever a new game is announced “for PC and consoles”, or where the platforms haven’t been confirmed yet, we know it’s coming, and we don’t have to doubt or question it. At least, with the same confidence as other platforms. I feel that Nintendo has finally answered the 3rdP question, “Why get the Nintendo version?” (Because of portability, and having more free gameplay time without being tethered to a wall socket, which, in turn, gives people a better chance of finishing their purchases. Also because double-dippers are likely to pick up the Switch version and a +1), and now it’s time for them to deliver - Remember, the question for 3rdP is never “Will it sell?” but rather “What are they doing/What will they do to make their products succeed?”

For specific titles:

Castlevania: SotN
NiGHTS
Code Vein
Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed
Street Fighter 6
Devil May Cry 4 & 5
Vanquish
Soul Calibur Series
Skies Of Arcadia
Lots more that I don’t have the time to list.

honestly, I don't really think about it. if i want to play said game, i'll play it on another platform. i'm more excited for games i don't know about being announced for Switch.

I keep the Halo fire burning

Not necessarily on Switch, but on a Nintendo system, at some point in time.

want: Dark Cloud
NEED: Konami to continue with the Castlevania collections and keep them on Switch with each addition, and then begin a Silent Hill collection in the same vein.

Besides GTA 4, Yakuza, and Shenmue... I'd love to play Watch_Dogs 1 or 2 on the system! 2 is one of my all time favorites and a dream port of mine for the system, I'd buy it twice if by some sheer luck it got announced for the Switch!

Back
Top Bottom