• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Welcome to LEGO... Animal Crossing

one of the many sad impacts of new horizons being on an island: no lego animal crossing train set
TBH I feel like this line is aiming to be much less expensive. If they DO end up doing an AC train set, maybe it’d be an expensive 18+ set.

I wonder if different sets will also be in different seasons? Like... please give me a winter themed set with the fricking Igloo ❤️
igloo3.jpg
jlen1y8p5tg41.png

This is a generic line not a focused one. New horizon will get some stuff due to recency bias but going off the reveal it’ll likely pull from all the games. Also no CMF this wave.

The thing I’m gonna say about this line:

If there’s something you wish this line had but doesn’t, just wait. This line’s success is approximately 99% guaranteed to be in the realm of “holy shit it is printing money,” so there’s almost 0% chance this is all we ever get. This is going to be the beginning of one of Lego’s biggest successes, IMHO.

I remember hearing about the leaks for this, so seeing the official reveal is pretty exciting! While I appreciate the non-traditional approach of the Super Mario sets (with a nice helping of the adult sets for a more standard building experience), the set up of Animal Crossing as a franchise fits perfectly with the typical LEGO style. I don't know how many of the sets I'll buy, but I'm gonna look out for at least one of them.

The thing I’m gonna say about this line:

If there’s something you wish this line had but doesn’t, just wait. This line’s success is approximately 99% guaranteed to be in the realm of “holy shit it is printing money,” so there’s almost 0% chance this is all we ever get. This is going to be the beginning of one of Lego’s biggest successes, IMHO.
Yup, so you can kiss you sweet bippy that you eventually get to build your own Lego animal crossing town. But someone mentioned 18+ sets, and I do wonder if they will come for Animal Crossing. Like, a Bowser sized Lego Tom Nook and Isabelle would be sweet. Or instead of the ?-block, It's a sphere that represents a town/island, and you can roll it like a globe, and opening up, you see the inside of the Roost. That would be pretty coo-l.

LEGO_AnimalCrossing_Nintendo_LEGO_02.jpg

Isabelle and Fauna have their New Leaf outfits, but the rest do have their New Horizons, probably meaning Isabelle and Fauna are in 1 set based on New Leaf.

Edit: Tom Nook also has a special feature, and extra addable piece for his tail.

Nintendo's secret weapon against Xbox and Playstation, the ability to have a long-term partnership with Lego.

Can't wait to buy every single one of these, possibly multiple.

Like 99% this is a standalone product line and just Nintendo trying to find new ways to use their brands..

But, with rumors that the NG's 'gimmick' could revolve around adding a camera, what if you could take pictures of your lego creations and upload them in to the next Animal Crossing game?

Like 99% this is a standalone product line and just Nintendo trying to find new ways to use their brands..

But, with rumors that the NG's 'gimmick' could revolve around adding a camera, what if you could take pictures of your lego creations and upload them in to the next Animal Crossing game?

Lego has done that before, too, IIRC.

Kid me would be obsessed with a Museum series in this line

I mean adult me is still going to think it's the coolest thing ever what am I saying? lol

I think that this will pull from all of the games in the AC series so there may be chance that we get the train from the first AC or even the city area from City Folk.

I'm still waiting for our first official LEGO Nintendo co branded game, after Lego City Undercover it's only been a matter of time

(tho I prefer it be Mario or Zelda themed)

I'm still waiting for our first official LEGO Nintendo co branded game, after Lego City Undercover it's only been a matter of time

(tho I prefer it be Mario or Zelda themed)
LEGO Zelda might just be perfect for reinventing 2D Zelda for a new audience. I hadn't actually thought about that one before but it makes sense to me suddenly.

If Nintendo was interested in destroying civilization as we know it, they would make figurines for every single villager, and package them in random bags , say 3-4 at a time, and sell them in stores. The resale market would be chaos with people killing for their favorite villager. Completionists would be at war with one another. It would be anarchy in its finest.
Can you imagine the bloodbath with people trying to get Raymond again

Just a nitpick, but I don't like the build of the trees. They're completely flat, looks like very early lego style construction. Maybe it's just a placeholder for the promo, idk.

The head molds looks very nice though.

Just a nitpick, but I don't like the build of the trees. They're completely flat, looks like very early lego style construction. Maybe it's just a placeholder for the promo, idk.

The head molds looks very nice though.
Yeah, agreed. The trees made me first think it was Duplo instead of Lego, but taking a closer look, I'm happy it's lego instead. But yeah, those trees look way to flat. I hope it's indeed a placeholder.

With that Kapp'n minifig, I wonder if we get a Tortimer Island set, or that it might just be the Dock and his boat.

...dumb question, but are there good odds we get bird/ostrich/penguin villagers?

I just wonder if their beaks might be a reason why they won't show up, but I'm not sure if I'm overthinking when the cat ears would be just as equally sharp and pointy

...dumb question, but are there good odds we get bird/ostrich/penguin villagers?

I just wonder if their beaks might be a reason why they won't show up, but I'm not sure if I'm overthinking when the cat ears would be just as equally sharp and pointy
My kingdom for an Anchovy figure

I feel like they'd make literally any villager type work. Even octopus, though they might end up with either 1) standard minifig legs or 2) non-movable legs

Look, while they're doing koalas, my definitely upstanding law-abiding citizen Eugene NEEDS to be here
The koalas are adorable. They're easily my favorite species in the game, next to frogs (obviously)!

So yeah: I stan my Melbestie, and these wretched crooks ain't getting a dime from me unless she's confirmed.

Don't trifle with people's favorite villagers, LEGO. These are our comfort characters we're talking about.

The koalas are adorable. They're easily my favorite species in the game, next to frogs (obviously)!

So yeah: I stan my Melbestie, and these wretched crooks ain't getting a dime from me unless she's confirmed.

Don't trifle with people's favorite villagers, LEGO. These are our comfort characters we're talking about.

Look, I get it: most of them are cute.

Eugene tho???

Eugene_NH.png

Look at this definitely involved in crime lookin dude.

Look at his definitely involved in crime lookin house

House_of_Eugene_NH.jpg

What's in those boxes? None of your business. Especially if you're a cop.

Look, I get it: most of them are cute.

Eugene tho???

Eugene_NH.png

Look at this definitely involved in crime lookin dude.

Look at his definitely involved in crime lookin house

House_of_Eugene_NH.jpg

What's in those boxes? None of your business. Especially if you're a cop.
I'll admit: Eugene is easily my least favorite koala. I don't hate him or anything, but his design gives me rude and inconsiderate vibes. Bloke is shady, as you're illustrating here. He's definitely a far cry from the sweetness of Melba, the endearing friendliness of Ozzie, and the warm grandpa vibe of Gonzo, just to name a few.

Hopefully Apollo happens. He's managed to show up in each of my towns since GC. Rosie has a spottier record, but she's already in the line-up, so whatever.

Also reminds me of how nice it was to build a model town in the Gamecube game. One of the many, many things I really missed in New Horizons.

re: Eugene

Having a criminal element in town is good, actually.

I am still surprised we haven't gotten any Animal Crossing spin off game considering how huge new Horizons was.

I'll admit: Eugene is easily my least favorite koala. I don't hate him or anything, but his design gives me rude and inconsiderate vibes. Bloke is shady, as you're illustrating here. He's definitely a far cry from the sweetness of Melba, the endearing friendliness of Ozzie, and the warm grandpa vibe of Gonzo, just to name a few.
he is my sweet crime boy

vhuszhh534r41.jpg

I will not tolerate Eugene slander (mostly because I also look like him when I go from aviators to horn rimmed glasses)

Personally I'm just hoping this means that they're gonna be doing way more Nintendo Lego sets. Wasn't really interested in the Lego Mario stuff because it was clearly more focused on being a toy for younger audiences, and the stuff that was aimed at older fans was just insanely expensive. The Lego NES, the Question Mark Block and the Bowser notably.

I know images of a Zelda set leaked earlier this year, and I'm definitely interested in that, but I would love if they reached into other IPs as well for builds.
An Arwing, Samus' Gunship or the Blue Falcon would make great builds to just display with a bit of interactivity of moving parts. An articulated Samus like they do with superheroes would be really cool too, even if I still think Bionicle parts look cooler than them trying to half-standardize the bigger articulated guys.

Back
Top Bottom