• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Welcome to LEGO... Animal Crossing

Dang.....now I feel like playing Animal Crossing, I just don't know which one I feel like playing.

It's cool I guess. I hate the Lego person mold tho. Still I'd drop a good chunk of cash if one of them included pecan, lol.

Would you prefer Gamecube train station or New Leaf train station?
I'd say GameCube, and not just because it's my preferred game. The open platform would translate much better to LEGO and the set could even include alternate parts for some or all of the variations.

Yeah, GC train station is the ideal. An elevated platform with a little structure is easy to imagine in LEGO form. Closed building is a little less exciting, especially if you can't even see inside when you have a train pulled in.

image.png

This is my predictions of what the sets are. Since the Isabelle and Fauna minifigs are from New Leaf, I might think the New Leaf Plaza and Town Tree are a thing.

The Kapp'n minifig can relate to both New Leaf and New Horizons, but I think the pier from New Leaf would make more sense, since it has a nice curve to is, it has some tires for his boat, and the basket from Tortimer Island is there, where New Horizons pier is just a plain straight boring pier.

Nook's Cranny from New Horizons has to be there, it is based after the old looking shack from the first Animal Crossing, but with a moden coat on it. One of the most iconic buildings of the series.

The Player house of Population Growing. I assume with New Leaf and New Horizons getting lego sets, we might see something from the older games aswell, and I choose the Player House of this game, just because it's faced with an angle, gets a nice fence along it and has a Gyroid

Resident Services from New Horizons, the most modern of Town Halls from the series, and because Tom Nook is in his New Horizons attire, I assume this will be the most expensive and biggest set of all. Perhaps it also comes with a special villager as a visitor, like Kicks, C.J. or Leif.

These brick counts seem low for the sets I’m dreaming of so I’m pretty curious to see what they actually end up being. Probably a normal house at least. Glad Nintendo is getting some “normal” Lego sets, I don’t like the Mario play sets at all. Now where’s my Deku Tree

Edit:
77046 Julian's Birthday Party

77047 Bunnie's Outdoor Activities

77048 Kapp'n's Island Boat Tour

77049 Isabelle's House Visit

77050 Nook's Cranny and Rosie's House

Sets are modular

64uxiaqc09tb1.jpg

Last edited:
I was just about to post the details lol

very different than I was expecting but in hindsight an inspired approach to the concept. huge kudos to @Derachi for calling the plates being a big part of it

I was just about to post the details lol

very different than I was expecting but in hindsight an inspired approach to the concept. huge kudos to @Derachi for calling the plates being a big part of it

Nook's cranny is too expensive for me, but I'm getting the Isabelle one!

Quite an easy skip for me, just not a fan of front-only building sets.

To be fair, I wasn't expecting anything super intricate at those prices but it makes me wonder how good Nook's Cranny as an actual building would be

Quite an easy skip for me, just not a fan of front-only building sets.

To be fair, I wasn't expecting anything super intricate at those prices but it makes me wonder how good Nook's Cranny as an actual building would be
LEGO only makes a few enclosed buildings a year so it was very unlikely that they'd do some at any price point

edit: also the buildings don't have backs in Animal Crossing anyway!

Last edited:
Here's the full list set w/prices courtesy of Bricklink

Julian's Birthday Party​

• 170 pieces
  • £12.99, $14.99, €14.99
  • Julian
77046-1.jpg

Bunnie's Outdoor Activities​

• 164 pieces
  • £17.99, $19.99, €19.99
  • Bunnie
77047-1.jpg

Kapp'n's Island Boat Tour​

• 233 pieces
  • £24.99, $29.99, €29.99
  • Kapp'n, Marshal
77048-1.jpg

Isabelle's House Visit​

• 389 pieces
  • £34.99, $39.99, €39.99
  • Isabelle, Fauna
77049-1.jpg

Nook's Cranny & Rosie's House​

• 535 pieces
  • £64.99, $74.99, €74.99
  • Tom Nook, Rosie
77050-1.jpg

Personally, if I were to get any, I'd get Isabelle's Visit & Nook's Cranny/Rosie's House. Would make for a nice small Animal Crossing display. Though these are clearly more targeted towards non-collectors, so I'm not sure if I will. Especially when, for those two sets, it's £100 for only 924 pieces & 4 figures.

it's funny that isabelle and fauna's fits were a total red herring and the line is 100% based on new horizons

Damn these are expensive as hell (to be expected with Lego I guess). I also agree that it doesn't look great. But I already thought the minifigures look kinda bad.
Honestly if the characters and logos weren't there I wouldn't even know this is Animal Crossing...

maybe I'm too familiar with lego's crappy buildings because these look way better than I was expecting

we got three walls, some sets are basically 1 and two thirds

Yeah, okay so no hate or something, but I'm in my 30's, and this is brought up more towards young ages. So it's a skip for me. Too bad, I really wanted to have something like this:
nooks-cranny-animal-crossing-lego.large.jpg

Hopefully they are gonna make some 18+ sets of characters or buildings. But for now, I'll let it rest.

“The Animal Crossing video game series is about creating a world where you freely build the life you want, and now with LEGO bricks, you can build that world with your own hands in the real world too” said Aya Kyogoku, Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd.

It's really nice to hear off of Aya Kyogoku for the first time in a couple of years and I feel like this quote specifically bodes well for the future of the franchise.

maybe I'm too familiar with lego's crappy buildings because these look way better than I was expecting

we got three walls, some sets are basically 1 and two thirds

Seriously, yeah. I was expecting basically just the front of the building and a baseplate.

It's really nice to hear off of Aya Kyogoku for the first time in a couple of years and I feel like this quote specifically bodes well for the future of the franchise.
Still, if I may talk a little for future games: I do hope it goes back to towns with trains. New Leaf is still great, where it has the train, a shopping street and even beyond model homes of other players via streetpass. And New Horizons was just an island, which still didn't feel that big, where different shops are on main island, and others on Harv's Island. Not just that, but for my feeling, New Leaf did also have different furniture series, and was a whole game, where New Horizons did get updates each season, and is still missing characters and other stuff like Tortimer's Island's minigames. And while we get seasonal items via the Nook shop, those events where they are based from, could've been actual events in the game aswell. There were some days or weeks where there was nothing to do in the game, even the fish and big tourneys were changed to once in 3 months or so. The ''Island design'' idea was great, and maybe a little too great, since if I went to the Dream Suite, most towns did have lag from all the placed stuff on the visited islands.

I kinda want to look back to New Leaf or previous before that, and make it a whole game again, full of content. Hell, I'd still like to play the original Gamecube for once, since I began with DS's Wild World. And looking at Metroid Prime remastered, and now Paper Mario TTYD getting the same treatment, I would love to see Animal Crossing: Population Growing remastered.

It's great to hear from Kyogoku, yes, but I wonder what Eguchi is up too for the future of the series, since he is the creator of Animal Crossing.

Okay, here's the thing: I'm a devout Melba maniac (Melbro, Melbloke as alternatives) 'til the day I die, and I wanna be a man of my word and not give LEGO / Nintendo a single cent for ignoring my koala bestie in the way they have, but the Bunnie set is admittedly cute and affordable.

I'll retreat to my quarters and ruminate on whether buying this toy is worth losing a part of my soul, due to abandonment of my principles. I'm heavily leaning "no", thanks to wanting to distance myself from consumerism in general as of late, but these sets are still rather nice to admire. I'll enjoy picking up the boxes and staring at them during Target trips. Thumbs up. Hopefully Melba gets the respect she deserves next time.

It's great to hear from Kyogoku, yes, but I wonder what Eguchi is up too for the future of the series, since he is the creator of Animal Crossing.
He's been the series' General Producer since the mid-2010s, replacing Takashi Tekuza (and he was the producer before that, before being replaced by Nogami) and he's the General Producer of a load of other series on top of that, he's now effectively stepped back from being involved in Animal Crossing as much

interesting that Kyogoku's credited as the AC series producer now, tho. I mean, she also was for HHD, so it's not out of the ordinary... but is there going to be another AC director stepping up for the next game?

Two new sets featuring the town hall and airport are arriving on August 1st! They look fabulous!

EDIT: Here's an article from Eurogamer about the sets as well, in case the above doesn't work!

Last edited:
Yo, interesting to see not only K.K. himself, but also his RV from New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo. That is a cool nod.

Also, to see a Lego Audie from New Horizons, which I believe was named after a grandmother who had a bunch of hours in New Leaf, right? That's also cool.

Still waiting for possible 18+ sets, Nintendo!

Back
Top Bottom