• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News WarioWare: Move It! announced for Nintendo Switch, coming November 3rd (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

My favorite series ever and I have a Switch lite. I guess I have to sit on a corner and cry...

Never understood Nintendo's obsession on stand up motion controls. can't we just sit down...

The same strategy as with Mario party it seems: one entry for button games and another one for motion games. The best of two worlds in the same console, as a wario Ware fan, i couldn be more happy. And we also have the original one on GBA, wonderful.

This looks soooo much better compared to Get it Together, pretty excited that it's coming so soon.

I enjoyed Get It Together...
But fucking finally a REAL Wario Ware game.
And it's a direct sequel to my favorite one !!!
My favorite series ever and I have a Switch lite. I guess I have to sit on a corner and cry...

Never understood Nintendo's obsession on stand up motion controls. can't we just sit down...
No. Wario's gonna make us shake our ass baby. Plus you got your button based Wario Ware already on Switch !

This one fell under my radar. I was a fan of Get It Together but I'm not sure that I will be day one on this game. Too much is coming out around that time.

The nice thing about this is it’s moving back to the old format in terms of the micro games. One input mechanic instead of having a dozen characters that play differently. Should be much better (and I quite liked get it together).

Wow, only two years after Get It Together? This is exciting! And an iteration on the Smooth Moves concept, which was an excellent entry. Talk about a neat surprise!

I know that Get It Together was a divisive entry, but I had my fun with it. And this announcement lets me appreciate it more. We can have the character-based experimental WarioWare fit for button controls and handheld mode and the more controller based "standard"(?) WarioWare with motion for docked on the same system. I dig that kinda variety!

Always excited for more WarioWare. I did enjoy Get It Together on co-op quite a bit, but like others I welcome a more traditional entry.

I loved the risks Get it Together took - glad to see this series getting a chance to experiment in two different play spaces and maintain the spirit of the handheld / console titles.

(cough, Zelda your turn)

I mean, I love WarioWare just as the next guy, but we already got one two years ago and there is still no Rhythm Paradise. I hope that series isn't dead for good.

Wario's sideburns look so weird in the new design.

I enjoyed Get it Together but... in the end it felt a bit half baked, for example I don't understand how we got all those cool fully voiced shorts for WarioWare Gold and then on Switch... nothing. I'll get this one regardless but I hope it recovers some of the charm from past games.

Last edited:
Awesome, announcement of the Direct for me. Really nice to see WarioWare getting lots of support after last generation.

Props for the dev team for being able to keep up a consistent stream of releases (2018->-2021->2023). Only team in Nintendo who can manage that nowadays apparently lol

Kinda fills that Mario Odyssey/Breath of the Wild/Mario Party Superstars void for WarioWare. Gives fans exactly what they wanted, which not only makes everyone happy but it also lets Get it Together breathe a bit more as its own unique concept. Always a great strategy.

Probably won't grab this day one, but it's definitely on my radar. Looks like a lot of fun.

Really excited for this one. Get It Together just didn’t do it for me and although I respect them trying something new, this looks more like the WarioWare experience I’m looking for where friends and family can pick it up quite easily (like Smooth Moves and Touched).

Lol they just made one two years ago! Was not expecting a follow up this soon.
Imo it's ridiculous they had no WarioWare for the first few years of the console, it made so much sense when I saw the joy cons. The Wii one was my favorite so I'm probably buying this one although I skipped the other.

Smooth moves was my least favourite due to certain mini games having trouble sensing the motions of the Wii mote, which pretty much killed any replayability for me.

So having a smooth moves 2 with the far more accurate joy cons is super exciting.

Really surprised when I saw this trailer, we thought WarioWare was dead a while ago and now we get two games on the same console, we're been spoiled!

I loved Get it Together and thought it was a cool change of pace, but it's also good to be back with a more traditional experience. This also looks like an amazing party game just like Smooth Moves (even if that one didn't have a proper multiplayer mode), I'm all in.

WarioWare is a great franchise, there's nothing like it.

This game was the highlight of the Direct for me again, for a second time in a row now, lol. Move It! is the exact kind of WarioWare game that I’ve been wanting on Switch for years!!

I just wish the multiplayer mode supported up to 12 players like Smooth Moves on Wii did instead of just 4…

Also, cool to see not one, but two games that utilize the Joy-Con IR camera in this Direct!

I hope this ends up being great. Get It Together!, while great conceptually, didn't do much for me when all was said and done. The implementation of the different characters did not feel mechanically fun to play, and these games really need to structure their endgames better (Twisted and Touched knocked it out of the park on that regard)

I feel like the devs should go crazy with mixing and matching different games for different challenges under different conditions.

Previews!

Uh oh, I’m not liking the whole “party modes only require one Joy-Con per player” thing… That is, I hope there’s still an option for each player to use two Joy-Con as well so that you can play all of the microgames in multiplayer… I’m already bummed that this game doesn’t seem to feature a pass-the-controller-around 12-player mode like Smooth Moves did (though that’s likely due to enforcing the wrist strap, I guess, since it would be impractical to quickly swap the Joy-Con around while also taking off and putting on the wrist strap each time).

That said I’m sure I’ll absolutely love this game regardless, but I just really want this game’s multiplayer modes to be able to reach the same heights as Smooth Moves and Game & Wario, because the multiplayer in Get It Together! just didn’t have the same lasting appeal as those and I don’t want that to be the case with Move It! too…

Uh oh, I’m not liking the whole “party modes only require one Joy-Con per player” thing… That is, I hope there’s still an option for each player to use two Joy-Con as well so that you can play all of the microgames in multiplayer… I’m already bummed that this game doesn’t seem to feature a pass-the-controller-around 12-player mode like Smooth Moves did (though that’s likely due to enforcing the wrist strap, I guess, since it would be impractical to quickly swap the Joy-Con around while also taking off and putting on the wrist strap each time).

That said I’m sure I’ll absolutely love this game regardless, but I just really want this game’s multiplayer modes to be able to reach the same heights as Smooth Moves and Game & Wario, because the multiplayer in Get It Together! just didn’t have the same lasting appeal as those and I don’t want that to be the case with Move It! too…
Wasn't Get It Together underwhelming for a multitude of reasons though? Fron what I'm hearing, it seems like a return to form for the most part.

Quoted by: Tye
Wasn't Get It Together underwhelming for a multitude of reasons though?
I wouldn’t say it was underwhelming in general—it was going for a different thing than other WarioWare games, which I understand and respect, and I very much enjoyed it for what it was—but in terms of the multiplayer experience compared to Smooth Moves and Game & Wario, yeah, it kinda fell a bit short of being the amazing party games that those were.

US release trailer.

I miss the more in-depth multiplayer modes from Game & Wario (Wii U), although the new multiplayer board game looks to be a great addition.

The voice over in that trailer, what is happening - is it that makeup woman from tiktok

Games set on islands >>> Wuhu vibes

I can’t believe this is already coming out next week. Nintendo just firing out this, Wonder, and SMRPG one after another.

Either way, it’s good to see multiple WarioWare releases on one system again. Day 1 for me.

I forgot this was coming out so soon, honestly. It does look great! A bit of a more traditional approach to Warioware, which is exactly what I wanted.

I honestly barely remember get it together. Was it really that bad lol?

This looks pretty good. Maybe I'm a little over the franchise now. It peaked with Twisted on GBA and Touched before that. Smooth Moves was alright.

Back
Top Bottom