• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Updated sales numbers for Switch titles: Nintendo Switch Sports (4.84M), Mario Strikers: Battle League (1.91M), and more

mazi

picross pundit

updated sales numbers as of June 30, 2022 (+sales in the last quarter):

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 46.82M (+1.49M)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 39.38M (+740K)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 28.82M (+650K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 27.14M (+590K)
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield - 24.50M (+230K)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 23.93M (+430K)
  • Super Mario Party - 18.06M (+280K)
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl - 14.79M (+140K)
  • Pokemon: Let's Go! - 14.66M (+130K)
  • Ring Fit Adventure - 14.54M (+450K)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - 4.84M
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 4.53M (+1.88M)
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League - 1.91M

Last edited:
Mario Kart sales haven't eclipsed the population of Spain yet, but only a million away.

Kirby sweeeeep.

unknown.png

Also the usual spreadsheet update.

Forgotten Land is apparently the best selling Kirby game now, at least by sell-through numbers.

BDSP outselling Let’s Go already lol. No update on Arceus this quarter.

I'm very much impressed by Ring Fit Adventure sticking in that top ten. It's such a consistent seller. I could see it outselling those Pokémon remakes when all is said and done, what with Scarlet and Violet coming in to swoop up Pokémon sales.

Kirby doing incredibly well to be nearly the best selling in the series already. Wonder how far it goes?

No update on Arceus is a bit strange no?
Most of the conversation and love around it was very front loaded especially when Scarlet and Violet were announced very soon after launch. Probably will pop up next time. It should sell another million over the course of the year. People generally love it.

Forgotten Land is apparently the best selling Kirby game now, at least by sell-through numbers.
Best by sell-through but has yet to beat the original Dream Land in units sold (5.13m).

Legs got cut short by Scarlet and Violet, so it'll likely just have regular Pokemon legs now (still very good; Let's Go just crawled past the original Yellow Version this quarter, the first remake in the series to outsell the original). We only got an update for BDSP because it's in the Top 10.

I wish Nintendo would show more of its top Switch game sales. With so many games, it would do well to list at least 20 of them! Capcom is very good with listing million sellers, though maybe Nintendo may not be as thorough as them.

I'm also curious to see how much Mario Party Superstars sold, though I guess we may only know in the next quarter.

Thank you for reading.

Legends is gonna leg it under the radar since Nintendo is pretty terrible with legacy updates

Mario Strikers defying the odds. Next Level Games still winning

Kirby sells ain’t surprising to me.

I expected big things after going 3D for a mainline title.

Had the great marketing behind it too. Plus Kirby’s been getting more popular merchandise wise lately then he was before. I’ve seen a lot more this year, anniversary helping a ton in a right time.

I want to see Metroid Dread reach the 3M mark.
You probably won't see it until next year's CESA white paper. Would be impressive if it sells another 1m this FY (for us to get the number from Nintendo directly), but I doubt it.

Yeah it's impossible for it to not reach 30 million.
It's at like 28.80 so just 1 million and 20 and it's hitting 30 million probably before the release of botw2

Such a milestone. Can’t imagine the team even dreamed of hitting these numbers when they were making it. Sure, they knew it was special, but this goes well beyond that.

Doesn’t it still need around 500K to be the best-selling? Though of course KATFL becoming a bestseller is now an inevitability.

Mario Strikers: Battle League has achieved the best Mario Sports game launch, beating Mario Tennis Aces' launch (1.38m) and Mario Golf: Super Rush's launch (1.34m)
Say what you will about the Mario sports spinoffs, they’re really hitting the tastes of couch MP aficionados. I just hope they funnel all that cash into making the next entries better.

Looking forward to the mental gymnastics some people will do to claim that Striker's sales are "totally not good actually".
Haha yeah looking forward to the downplaying.

Probably didn’t reach a million this quarter. S/V must be taking over as the Pokemon hype generator.

BoTW still have amazing legs.
Our boy Link stocked up on those stamina orbs!

I'm very much impressed by Ring Fit Adventure sticking in that top ten. It's such a consistent seller.
I’m also very pleasantly surprised by RFA’s success. People attributed its sales performance initially to pandemic boost but it’s clearly selling well without that. Bodes well for more fitness games from Nintendo.

I wish Nintendo would show more of its top Switch game sales. With so many games, it would do well to list at least 20 of them!
Yeah they could list 20 of their games, seriously, but I guess they don’t want to seem like braggarts

It's wild to me that titles such as 1-2 Switch or Clubhouse Games have sold more than freakin' Metroid. Goes to show that we game enthusiasts are a small minority in what the actual public buys and likes.
Yeah always pays to remember that there’s a reason Nintendo funds these more casual-oriented projects

It's wild to me that titles such as 1-2 Switch or Clubhouse Games have sold more than freakin' Metroid. Goes to show that we game enthusiasts are a small minority in what the actual public buys and likes.

Metroid is a flash in the pan... but Yakuman is forever

78437-66..jp

Ring Fit likely to sweep past the Pokémon Let's Go and BDSP games in the current quarter and become the 8th best selling Switch game. What an amazing success (and highly deserved)!

I'm a little disheartened that Pokémon Legends Arceus didn't reach 1 million this quarter but BDSP did. I guess S/V really were announced very early.

Thrilled by Kirby's results! Will be a nice moment when it finally topples Dreamland and sets a new franchise record.

Also Switch Sports is off to a very strong start and has great legs so far!

Pokemon Legends Arceus may not ever hit the top 10 Switch software.

I'm a little disheartened that Pokémon Legends Arceus didn't reach 1 million this quarter but BDSP did. I guess S/V really were announced very early.
Neither did. BDSP only sold marginally better than Let's Go this quarter, and both significantly worse than Sword & Shield.

We just got a BDSP update because it's in the top 10 software on Switch.

The success of Switch Sports should come as a great shock to the people who thought it would bomb and didn’t bother checking its performance afterwards.

as @Caviar said, BDSP did not sell 1 million this quarter (it sold 140K). it's very safe to say that arceus sold way more than that, but still less than 1 million.

we get updated numbers for switch titles from nintendo when:
a, a game is in the top 10 best selling of all time. these get updated every quarter, which is why we have always get new numbers for botw, mario odyssey, animal crossing, smash, etc
b, a game sells 1 million in a quarter, like the 4 games that did from april to june this year
c, a game sells 1 million in a fiscal year (4 quarters), this is why we get a lot of new numbers in the report that comes late april/early may (like this one)

The runaway success of Forgotten Land means 3D Kirby is here to stay for the foreseeable future which is exciting if expected. Will probably hit 7-8m lifetime.

Smash Ultimate almost at 30 million is still a mind boggling number. Obviously the Switch boost helped but it's more than doubled Brawl's sales.

That's an incredible second quarter for Kirby, though I know the first quarter only had a few days of shipments. It's richly deserved, though, and really pleasing to see yet another long running series get a breakout hit on Switch. Congratulations to HAL and Kirby - it's going to be fun to see how far over 5 million this game can go. Just think that Switch should have two new Metroid titles over the 3 million mark for the first time and Kirby over 5 million for the first time since the original game. Good stuff.

Big opening quarter for Switch Sports, too - near 5 million is very good for a title that will surely truck along in the coming months and years.

The success of Switch Sports should come as a great shock to the people who thought it would bomb and didn’t bother checking its performance afterwards.
Also a shock to anyone wondering why Nintendo puts out such titles as part of the range when it easily outsells Metroid.

b, a game sells 1 million in a quarter, like the 4 games that did from april to june this year
c, a game sells 1 million in a fiscal year (4 quarters), this is why we get a lot of new numbers in the report that comes late april/early may (like this one)
It's 1m fiscal year-to-date, so selling 1m in 2 or 3 quarters gets your shipments updated too.

As many people have pointed out, I can't read. Sorry folks, I've been sleeping like absolute trash and didn't look at the data properly.

Kirby is the big breakout success here, but Battle League also had the best opening of the Switch Mario Sports games (or any Mario Sports game period). I think Aces has some fierce competition racing towards it.

Back
Top Bottom