• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Trails Into Reverie |ST| Listen Up Class Fami! We're Facing Down Our Biggest Adventure Yet!

I do think it's kinda silly when the game lets you pick people you didn't actually bond with. As an example I had max bond with everyone but Emma from CS4, meaning I got a * and auto select for all of them, I just clicked Emma anyways because why not.
I did that too lol. I always ditched Musse and I missed one of the guys (I think Elliot?), but felt like why not click yes on all of them here. I had Youtubed the ones I missed prior anyway so if there’s any bonus scenes here might as well see them.

But yeah my CS4 save was stuck on my PS4 and I didn’t want to take whatever steps I had to to transfer the save data to my PS5. I seemingly still got the Cold Steel save data bonus so I think the PS5 version just lets you claim that for free?

I did that too lol. I always ditched Musse and I missed one of the guys (I think Elliot?), but felt like why not click yes on all of them here. I had Youtubed the ones I missed prior anyway so if there’s any bonus scenes here might as well see them.

But yeah my CS4 save was stuck on my PS4 and I didn’t want to take whatever steps I had to to transfer the save data to my PS5. I seemingly still got the Cold Steel save data bonus so I think the PS5 version just lets you claim that for free?
Can't get my zero/azure clear off the pc fan translated version :(

It is weird that they don't ask you for who Lloyd had a moment with at the end of Azure.

Within the past few days, I have finished the main story. I will probably write full-spoiler thoughts later, but for now, I just want to say that this was a great game. C's route was especially fun; those characters have good chemistry, and they are a nice contrast from Lloyd's and Rean's groups. I will need to let this sit before I decide where it places in my Trails game rankings, but it is certainly in the upper tier. I'm still not completely done with the game, though! I have a bunch of daydreams left to complete, I want to beat everyone in Pom Pom Party, and I need to finish the remaining parts of the Reverie Corridor.

Can't get my zero/azure clear off the pc fan translated version :(

It is weird that they don't ask you for who Lloyd had a moment with at the end of Azure.
That was a question I had walking in after hearing that Rean’s at least transferred. Sad to hear it doesn’t happen.

Yeah neither my PC or Switch saves for Zero and Azure were going to transfer either :/

Small update: I got the Pom Pom Party trophy! I definitely got a bit lucky in some matches, but a win is a win!

It does make me wonder how some of these characters got so good at a phone game... like, I didn't expect Laura of all people to give me so much trouble.

Started the final chapter thinking I was close to the end.

I guess I'll finish tomorrow lol good joke sometime this weekend. No story spoilers just a comment about content I dunno why I thought the list of stuff you can do before the final dungeon would be short

I finished the last bit of Rean’s Act 1 and completed C’s Act 1 earlier this afternoon. Finally saw the opening movie in game . Decided to pick C to start Act 2 with. I want to know more of who he is.

I finished the last bit of Rean’s Act 1 and completed C’s Act 1 earlier this afternoon. Finally saw the opening movie in game . Decided to pick C to start Act 2 with. I want to know more of who he is.
I'd really suggest following the recommended order someone posted on page 1.

just hit the credits on this

I still have the post game stuff to do which i'll take my time with since there's still a couple weeks till Baldurs Gate 3 comes out but overall the way I blew through this in like a week and a half after it taking me years to get through CS4 speaks volumes about how it lived up to my hopes of me liking the structure of it a lot more

how much of a breath of fresh air having new characters in the C route felt like has me feeling excited for Kuro being an all new cast and location too, I think my burnout on Cold Steel was mostly just a case of the structure being grating after so many games of the same cast and areas

I'd really suggest following the recommended order someone posted on page 1.
At least so far, I’m cool with bouncing around a bit. My routes for C and Lloyd got paused in Act 2 so I’m moving forward with Rean tomorrow. I’m not sure how much of it the game will offer, but being able to see how the puzzles of the story all fit together seems fun. Like Act 2 so far for me for example:

I picked C first so I got to see characters moving around on Rean’s side from a distance. I also got to know the governor was meeting someone, but I don’t know who yet. Maybe that’s happening in the hotel I entered, maybe not.

I stopped tonight with Elise joining my party. I saw her in C’s route, but I wouldn’t have guessed how her introduction played out.

I’m cool with it if it isn’t ideal in some regards mainly since the characters matter most to me. Not remotely the same scale, but I think it’s kind of cool with stories that play out this way like 13 Sentinels and you get your own unique path through the story.

At least so far, I’m cool with bouncing around a bit. My routes for C and Lloyd got paused in Act 2 so I’m moving forward with Rean tomorrow. I’m not sure how much of it the game will offer, but being able to see how the puzzles of the story all fit together seems fun. Like Act 2 so far for me for example:

I picked C first so I got to see characters moving around on Rean’s side from a distance. I also got to know the governor was meeting someone, but I don’t know who yet. Maybe that’s happening in the hotel I entered, maybe not.

I stopped tonight with Elise joining my party. I saw her in C’s route, but I wouldn’t have guessed how her introduction played out.

I’m cool with it if it isn’t ideal in some regards mainly since the characters matter most to me. Not remotely the same scale, but I think it’s kind of cool with stories that play out this way like 13 Sentinels and you get your own unique path through the story.

yeah i'm glad I followed the route order thing but ultimately I wouldn't worry too much if you don't want to

it's not even until the last act before the finale that the game even lets you play a routes full act without forcing you to switch let alone ever letting you play multiple acts in a row without switching so generally there's only so much it can really even affect your experience, it's just stuff like a couple plot reveals flowing slightly better

Well I feel dumb

I thought Azure droplets were capped at 99, so I've been burning through them like water to make sure I didn't hit it. When I saw the game give me 100's of them I thought it was just another 0 bug, no apparently the cap was far higher then 99.

Well I feel dumb

I thought Azure droplets were capped at 99, so I've been burning through them like water to make sure I didn't hit it. When I saw the game give me 100's of them I thought it was just another 0 bug, no apparently the cap was far higher then 99.

yeah this games a little confusing with the item caps with most things capping at 99 but some things just randomly not with there not really being a way to tell which those are without just knowing

for me it was U-Materials that I thought capped at 99 so I was using them up just to use them at first before I found out otherwise

some of it makes sense like the Azure droplets and U-Materials and would probably be pretty annoying if they capped at 99 but some of it feels pretty random

for example.... food ingredients cap at 99 but fishing bait doesn't

Didn’t get to play too much today, but I made it to the True Reverie Corridor finally. Still going through the tutorial for it so I’m curious to see what’s going on there. Also I forgot to post yesterday I’ve encountered / really recognized that Link Attack bug firsthand. Kind of stinks having two tiers of characters essentially so I hope that gets fixed soon 🙃

End of Act 1 villain group name spoilers - I’m having a hard time taking the Ebon Defense Force seriously since they share an acronym with the Earth Defense Force lol.

I finished all the things I wanted to and wow, it really is over. It's crazy to think that in just two years, I have completely caught up with the western releases of this series. It's also crazy how the next time we get a mainline Trails game in the west, it will be with a completely new cast and setting.

Fingers crossed that Kuro releases in the west next year. There are ways to play it right now if I really wanted to, but the official localizations are worth waiting for. Don't read this next spoiler unless you have COMPLETELY finished Reverie.

The last two daydreams got me really hyped for Calvard. Calvard's new president, the mystery girl who obliterated Rean's sword, Renne's adventures, and the introduction of Elaine the "beauty blade" (I don't know her Japanese nickname, but I heard the translation was weird)... exciting times are ahead of us!

Not sure about other versions yet, but the PS5 version of Reverie got a new patch today and the Link Attack bug is fixed! Great timing as I enter the True Reverie Corridor tonight and can start building dream teams!

Not sure about other versions yet, but the PS5 version of Reverie got a new patch today and the Link Attack bug is fixed! Great timing as I enter the True Reverie Corridor tonight and can start building dream teams!

Switch is still not fixed. Really disappointed in the Switch port. Kuro needs a better porting team/more resources for Switch.

Still not fixed on Switch or PS4 afaik
Darn, hope the Link Attack bug is fixed soon for all platforms. C’s team in particular gets hit hard by it.
Switch is still not fixed. Really disappointed in the Switch port. Kuro needs a better porting team/more resources for Switch.
That’s a bummer :/ I’ve picked up all of the Falcom Switch ports, but haven’t played CS3, CS4, or Reverie to know how it stacks up directly to the PS4/5 versions.

as someone that mostly plays games on PC it amazes me how long it takes other platforms to get patches pushed sometimes

that link attack bug got fixed 10 days ago on PC and it probably only took that long because it released on a Friday(and there was an easy to use community fix basically day 1 that just involved replacing a single file)

Darn, hope the Link Attack bug is fixed soon for all platforms. C’s team in particular gets hit hard by it.

That’s a bummer :/ I’ve picked up all of the Falcom Switch ports, but haven’t played CS3, CS4, or Reverie to know how it stacks up directly to the PS4/5 versions.
I will keep buying them on all platforms as far as possible to support, but this one and CS4 are pretty awful to actually play. At least Nayuta was done in house and is a good port by all accounts from friends of mine in Japan.

I just buy the costume dlc and the booster dlc as my way to show support. I did buy both CS1-2 on both Vita and PS3, but that was due to cross save stuff and the nice 2 in 1 collectors boxes.

Nice to see the link ability issue is finally fixed on PS4. I’m nearing the end of the game at this point, but at least I’ll get to use my character’s proper link abilities a little bit.

I finished Act 2! I really did not expect:

Rufus to be C. It’s been so long since I played Cold Steel IV that if it was obvious with his sword stance / abilities I just forgot lol. Cool character to pick for the third protagonist.

I had a handful of guesses lined up, including it was just Crow somehow again lol, but none of them fit C’s build.

Rufus to be C. It’s been so long since I played Cold Steel IV that if it was obvious with his sword stance / abilities I just forgot lol. Cool character to pick for the third protagonist.

I had a handful of guesses lined up, including it was just Crow somehow again lol, but none of them fit C’s build.
The moment C starting talking I instantly heard DC Douglass voice behind the filter. Between that, the attack animations/weapon, and Nadia's comments, I was just glad they didn't spend most of the game hiding the obvious twist.

The moment C starting talking I instantly heard DC Douglass voice behind the filter. Between that, the attack animations/weapon, and Nadia's comments, I was just glad they didn't spend most of the game hiding the obvious twist.
The filter worked for me because I thought he sounded like Zero from Zero Escape…which I just googled and learned he played also lol.

My first guess was the girl on the cover of the box art, haha. I figured that was the reason she was on the cover, but I was wrong.

Others have pointed out the mannerisms and the voice actor making it an obvious giveaway, and while I can see that in hindsight, I wasn't thinking about it so much at the beginning of the game. I played CSIV 2 years ago, so I probably just forgot those things as well.

The filter worked for me because I thought he sounded like Zero from Zero Escape…which I just googled and learned he played also lol.
Yep, you can't disguise D.C. Douglass. If they had actually wanted to keep it a secret (which based upon how early the reveal happens, Nadia's comment about already knowing who it is, and the fact Rufus meta comments on it happening so soon, leads me to think Falcom knew most players would sniff it out) I imagine they'd have just had another VA do the C voice.

I had taken a break for a few days in part because I was kind of busy, but I’m back into Reverie now as I cleared up to the first wall with everyone in Act 3. Favorite bits today were getting the C team’s fifth party member, a big character moment for Lloyd, and briefly entering into the True Reverie Corridor and seeing +23 reserve characters available in the menu lol. Hoping to at least clear Act 3 this week which seems reasonable.

I finished the game a few days ago, been working through the post game but kinda running out of steam. I know there's more story content I want/need to see, and I could drop to very easy in theory, but I'm just feeling the burnout of nonstop TRC. There's a reason this and 3rd are at the bottom of my Trails rankings, without the world to explore/interact with I find it hard to stay invested.

I finished the game a few days ago, been working through the post game but kinda running out of steam. I know there's more story content I want/need to see, and I could drop to very easy in theory, but I'm just feeling the burnout of nonstop TRC. There's a reason this and 3rd are at the bottom of my Trails rankings, without the world to explore/interact with I find it hard to stay invested.
Maybe put this in spoiler tags for others sake, but how much game is left exactly after credits roll if you had to guess? I’m guessing I’m about halfway through the main story and just sort of imagining how complex the TRC must be for all of the systems it has vs guessing how many mandatory stops I have left are certainly at odds.

Maybe put this in spoiler tags for others sake, but how much game is left exactly after credits roll if you had to guess? I’m guessing I’m about halfway through the main story and just sort of imagining how complex the TRC must be for all of the systems it has vs guessing how many mandatory stops I have left are certainly at odds.
I guess the answer to this depends upon your definition but

There are several more TRC floors along with post game only daydreams

Someone on Era said like 10-20 hours depending upon difficulty to finish all the major story post game stuff. It's not extensively story heavy though, it's mostly just "we have to go deeper" and most of your time is spend running through progressively harder stratums. You just don't unlock these new post game only daydreams that fast (like 1 a stratum), so most of your formidable foes just drop silver orbs or a mostly post game shard currency which can be to get rare character accessories. That said these post game daydreams are a lot of Kuro teasing/set up so I really want to see them

I guess the answer to this depends upon your definition but

There are several more TRC floors along with post game only daydreams

Someone on Era said like 10-20 hours depending upon difficulty to finish all the major story post game stuff. It's not extensively story heavy though, it's mostly just "we have to go deeper" and most of your time is spend running through progressively harder stratums. You just don't unlock these new post game only daydreams that fast (like 1 a stratum), so most of your formidable foes just drop silver orbs or a mostly post game shard currency which can be to get rare character accessories. That said these post game daydreams are a lot of Kuro teasing/set up so I really want to see them
Thanks yeah I was interested in all of these details. Really wanted to know what I was in for to plan for it.

I’m kind of interested in tackling it, and I’ll power through regardless, but yeah that sounds rough given how long and sparse it seems :/ Despite still enjoying it, I’d also put Sky The Third as my least favorite in the series as the actual world and characters is the big attraction for me too.

Yeah, I did the post-game True Reverie Corridor stuff over the last couple days. I ultimately made it through, but I was burning out hard on the game by the end of it.

And the last post-game boss having you split into 3 groups certainly didn't help. Having to outfit that many characters is a drag.

I enjoyed the game though. Rufus's route was pretty much always the one I did first when given the option, the characters that joined on his route were all likable and the group dynamic was more interesting than any of Lloyd's or Rean's groups for me.

I think this game handled its huge cast better than Cold Steel IV did. Having characters come and go on Lloyd's and Rean's routes meant most of the characters had at least some time to shine.

Some of the post-game Daydreams were fun. Though it's kind of weird Ouroboros' Grandmaster is on the front cover of the game, yet in the game she only shows up in that one post-game Daydream.

I crossed 40 hours with Reverie tonight and cleared the second stratum and all available activities. The daydreams have been more involved than I expected and I like that I believe for each one so far I’ve encountered they’ve expanded on one off lines / minor plot stuff I’ve seen elsewhere in the game. As part of the TRC activities, I did do my first trial door which put up a good fight. Really impressed with all of the activities in general so far, they’ve felt substantial, worthwhile, and fun. Still, quite excited to dive into the back half of Act 3 tomorrow and continue the main story.

Yeah, I did the post-game True Reverie Corridor stuff over the last couple days. I ultimately made it through, but I was burning out hard on the game by the end of it.

And the last post-game boss having you split into 3 groups certainly didn't help. Having to outfit that many characters is a drag.

I enjoyed the game though. Rufus's route was pretty much always the one I did first when given the option, the characters that joined on his route were all likable and the group dynamic was more interesting than any of Lloyd's or Rean's groups for me.

I think this game handled its huge cast better than Cold Steel IV did. Having characters come and go on Lloyd's and Rean's routes meant most of the characters had at least some time to shine.

Some of the post-game Daydreams were fun. Though it's kind of weird Ouroboros' Grandmaster is on the front cover of the game, yet in the game she only shows up in that one post-game Daydream.
Yeah, I'm really not sure what they were thinking putting the GM on the cover. Very much felt like cover art clickbait which I don't think the game needed to convince Trails fans to pick it up. Any of the reverse covers that NISA let fans vote on would have been way better, or even just the Lapis loading screen icon for the cover would also have worked.

Ultimately I think the game needed to either commit more to the TRC during the main narrative, or just make it a complete post game only area. Frequently I was using the TRC to level/use the characters not in my party on any of the active routes, which defeated the whole purpose of "use this area to train".

Glad they got the Switch patch out. Faster than I expected. Hopefully no more issues like that in the current builds.

i'll admit it, the C reveal actually got me. i had a very solid idea in my head of who it was supposed to be that seemed to match with his mannerisms and everything and then they just blew my shit off lmao

Made some good progress today and powered through the back halves of Lloyd’s and C’s Act 3’s. Lloyd’s Act 3 boss fight was brutal as it wiped my main party and I barely met the RP requirement for C’s final boss on the very last turn. I had left a few characters unequipped with accessories since I had been relatively breezing through until now, won’t make that mistake again haha. I had way more time for games today than I expected as some of my plans fell through and I still have a good bit more, but I’ll save the end of Rean’s Act 3 until tomorrow. Don’t want to burn myself out.

I'm honestly really surprised ya'll could see that at all? like there was no real foreshadowing of there being seemingly identical body doubles or clones or something uptill that point.

i actually thought it was Cedric cause of his clearly noble demeanor, the character being missing the whole game and being noted to have a more prominent anti-hero role after CS4, and you know, -C-.

I finished Rean’s Act 3 and thus Act 3 as a whole. Wow his finale was rad! Excited to start Act 4 later tonight!

Also I thought it was funny, Rean Act 3 spoiler, when the ship was taking off and it was resolved with an “and it all worked out” message lol.

Made some awesome progress in Reverie today as I cleared not only Rean’s Act 3, but also the first half of everyone’s Act 4s. Saving tonight entering the True Reverie Corridor to tackle the third stratum. Nothing too wild in the Act 4s just yet, but I’m excited about the party members I just snagged in C’s route. Feeling optimistic I might roll credits this coming week.

I'm in the final stretch of the post game. Will probably finish by the end of this week.

Made some awesome progress in Reverie today as I cleared not only Rean’s Act 3, but also the first half of everyone’s Act 4s. Saving tonight entering the True Reverie Corridor to tackle the third stratum. Nothing too wild in the Act 4s just yet, but I’m excited about the party members I just snagged in C’s route. Feeling optimistic I might roll credits this coming week.

how many hours are you in now, im around close to you. mid-late Act 3

Back
Top Bottom