• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Spoiler The Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Postgame & Spoiler Discussion Thread

You Will Know Our Names begins playing

you turn around and see this on the horizon:
TrOjKZI.jpg

wyd

They could definitely sneak an explanation of the founder weirdness into an epilogue if they wanted to. For example Mio could eventually realize one of those statues was of (who I assume to be) her dad.
I'm actually starting to be of the opinion that none of the founders/statues were prior party members. It doesn't really work. They're implied to be City-born with the exception of Ortiz and Rhodes. Additionally, they're supposed to have been alive for the founding of the second City (or about a generation earlier, in the case of the figures that the Cassini and Reid statues depict). That should be too long for them to have lived from the start of Aionios, further evidence that they're City natives. I think they're references to Shulk/Dunban and Rex/Zeke, but not much more (perhaps distant descendants).

Ortiz can theoretically be a Kevesi soldier version of Shulk, but a descendent (specifically direct son) seems to make more sense - especially as a mirror of Rhodes, who resembles Pneuma but is clearly not her (Mythra's daughter?).

Four days out from finishing it I still think it’s super funny the ending is incredibly similar from a JRPG from late last year with the same final dungeon name and role and with the final boss more of a concept than anything else. The ending shares similar beats as a result too lol. Blue Reflection Second Light by Gust.

There’s only so many JRPG endings out there, but it’s funny to see them release so close together. Been fun to compare them on who did what better.

I'm actually starting to be of the opinion that none of the founders/statues were prior party members. It doesn't really work. They're implied to be City-born with the exception of Ortiz and Rhodes. Additionally, they're supposed to have been alive for the founding of the second City (or about a generation earlier, in the case of the figures that the Cassini and Reid statues depict). That should be too long for them to have lived from the start of Aionios, further evidence that they're City natives. I think they're references to Shulk/Dunban and Rex/Zeke, but not much more (perhaps distant descendants).

Ortiz can theoretically be a Kevesi soldier version of Shulk, but a descendent (specifically direct son) seems to make more sense - especially as a mirror of Rhodes, who resembles Pneuma but is clearly not her (Mythra's daughter?).
You make some good points, although it does raise some questions about just what happened to the rest of the Xenoblade 1 and 2 that we don't see in person. We're clearly supposed to think they'll still be around when time begins flowing again, but they've seemingly been dead or otherwise absent in Aionios for quite some time, which is typically not something that happens easily there. One has to wonder if something happened during the initial Moebius invasion that wiped out a bunch of people, or if Z was somehow selective in who he made soldiers. I guess this could also help to explain why some of the Consuls seem a bit too old to just be Aionios soldiers.

You make some good points, although it does raise some questions about just what happened to the rest of the Xenoblade 1 and 2 that we don't see in person. We're clearly supposed to think they'll still be around when time begins flowing again, but they've seemingly been dead or otherwise absent in Aionios for quite some time, which is typically not something that happens easily there. One has to wonder if something happened during the initial Moebius invasion that wiped out a bunch of people, or if Z was somehow selective in who he made soldiers. I guess this could also help to explain why some of the Consuls seem a bit too old to just be Aionios soldiers.
Right. The past is sketchy enough that I'm of the mind Monolith Soft didn't really internally flesh it out properly. XC2 had the advantage of the past being conceived first and then continuing to be considered as part of the main game, so the major beats of Torna were already developed. The references in XC3 feel a lot looser.

At the same time, there are the mysteries presented by the founder plaques that seem to be intentional teases. Particularly, the disappearance of house Vandham, the circumvention of Ortiz and Rhodes' death at the end of their 10th term, and the identity of the 7th founder all stick out as things that Monolith Soft has answers for but didn't tell us. Those are the reasons I can't really eliminate the idea that the DLC will just be in the past again.

I considered it possible that Z wasn't able to de-age the people stored in Origin, so he only used people who were around 10 when the worlds ended. If that were the case then Shulk & crew were never incorporated into the rebirth cycle to begin with. But I guess Blades being incorporated would work against this idea.

How would the party role balance work in the DLC campaign with the Founders if all three Xenoblades are in the party? Reid and Cassini would presumably be the wielders of the Monado REX and the Aegis Swords, and then whoever #7 is has Lucky Seven, but then Vandham is supposed to be a fistfighter, so at least one of these should be either a tank or a healer. Rhodes is confirmed to be a healer, but we don't have much to go on for Ortiz and Doyle, so they could go either way.

How would the party role balance work in the DLC campaign with the Founders if all three Xenoblades are in the party? Reid and Cassini would presumably be the wielders of the Monado REX and the Aegis Swords, and then whoever #7 is has Lucky Seven, but then Vandham is supposed to be a fistfighter, so at least one of these should be either a tank or a healer. Rhodes is confirmed to be a healer, but we don't have much to go on for Ortiz and Doyle, so they could go either way.
Reid and Cassini wouldn't necessarily inherit their mentors' weapons. There's also nothing to suggest the Lucky Seven would come into play; the sentiment I get is that it was only ever wielded by Noah.

Something that's a little interesting to note is that the "first Ouroboros" didn't have an even male/female split. If we do get the past, we might get an interlink between Reid and Cassini, who both use feminine pronouns (though the Vandham plaque makes me wonder if anyone interlinked at all before his showdown with N, which would be the presumed finale of a prequel).

Of course, the six houses all being separate families suggests there'd be no implied romance between any of the interlink pairs anyway. Vandham's implied pairing being his alleged sister further supports this (though if I had to guess, Vandham is a very close descendant of a Noah/Mio incarnation, while Doyle is more distantly descended from a prior pair).

Right. The past is sketchy enough that I'm of the mind Monolith Soft didn't really internally flesh it out properly. XC2 had the advantage of the past being conceived first and then continuing to be considered as part of the main game, so the major beats of Torna were already developed. The references in XC3 feel a lot looser.

At the same time, there are the mysteries presented by the founder plaques that seem to be intentional teases. Particularly, the disappearance of house Vandham, the circumvention of Ortiz and Rhodes' death at the end of their 10th term, and the identity of the 7th founder all stick out as things that Monolith Soft has answers for but didn't tell us. Those are the reasons I can't really eliminate the idea that the DLC will just be in the past again.
Yeah, that's really kind of the thing with the founders. Some of these questions seem like they probably have answers, but others are less clear.

I do still maintain that they could find a way to reveal the answers to said questions in an epilogue if they really wanted to, though, especially for Ortiz and Rhodes.
I considered it possible that Z wasn't able to de-age the people stored in Origin, so he only used people who were around 10 when the worlds ended. If that were the case then Shulk & crew were never incorporated into the rebirth cycle to begin with. But I guess Blades being incorporated would work against this idea.
Who knows what's going on with Blades, biologically, post-2, because the previous Blade lifecycle seems to have gotten thrown out the window when Klaus did the thing on his way out.

Reid and Cassini wouldn't necessarily inherit their mentors' weapons. There's also nothing to suggest the Lucky Seven would come into play; the sentiment I get is that it was only ever wielded by Noah.
well, I mean,

xc3-expansion-pass-art.png

Hypothetically they don't have to put all these in the playable party, but, like, c'mon

I do still maintain that they could find a way to reveal the answers to said questions in an epilogue if they really wanted to, though, especially for Ortiz and Rhodes.
That's the best case scenario in my mind. I honestly might be disappointed if the DLC turns out to be the past unless the reveal trailer adds several layers of intrigue. There's just... nothing there that truly interests me other than the answers to those three questions, and they can't really carry the story on their own.

well, I mean,

xc3-expansion-pass-art.png

Hypothetically they don't have to put all these in the playable party, but, like, c'mon
Another reason I don't buy that the story is in the past, frankly. I really doubt any of those characters are Shulk or Rex, and it'd be weird for Reid and Ortiz to share a gimmick in using mechanically built weapons. Not to mention that that sword is distinctly current Noah's, who shouldn't be in the party at all. Or that this hypothetical group is way stronger than the one in the main game and should've had no problem taking down Moebius entirely.

(I'm also not entirely sold on that image hinting at the DLC story even though 2's depicted Torna. Could be related to challenge battles or otherwise.)

Another reason I don't buy that the story is in the past, frankly. I really doubt any of those characters are Shulk or Rex, and it'd be weird for Reid and Ortiz to share a gimmick in using mechanically built weapons. Not to mention that that sword is distinctly current Noah's, who shouldn't be in the party at all. Or that this hypothetical group is way stronger than the one in the main game and should've had no problem taking down Moebius entirely.

(I'm also not entirely sold on that image hinting at the DLC story even though 2's depicted Torna. Could be related to challenge battles or otherwise.)
I could see them leaning into Monado powers for the REX and elemental shenanigans for the Aegis swords to differentiate them. Could also make one of them not an Attacker.

I don't think Noah was necessarily the first to use the Veiled Sword. Consul N has something similar, and Riku seems to have had Lucky Seven for a while.

It's possible that the swords are only there to be fought against in Challenge battles but that would be really lame and it doesn't look like the first DLC Hero would use any of them

I could see them leaning into Monado powers for the REX and elemental shenanigans for the Aegis swords to differentiate them. Could also make one of them not an Attacker.
Not what I'm getting at. Reid - the one who looks like an older Shulk with homages to Dunban - is the one that would supposedly have the Mondo REX+. Ortiz - the one with Shulk's goggles - also has a weapon that's of his own making instead of a proper blade, and it can't be the REX+ even if he is supposed to be Shulk since he made it as a Kevesi soldier. He has no knowledge of the Monado. The plaque treated this as a unique characteristic, so it'd be weird if Reid just also used a physical weapon. It'd also be weird if Reid could call the REX+.

Melia has the thing locked up in Keves Castle anyway, and I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be captured before this point.

I feel if it was related to non-canon challenge mode stuff like 2 they would use the Monado 1 instead of the REX

From what I understand, Origin was an ark containing the digitized souls of everyone in something similar to Core Crystals. The plan was that after the worlds collided and everyone died, Origin would boot up and reconstruct the two worlds with all the data stored inside of it. The two worlds did collide, everyone died, the worlds were destroyed (there's no outside world frozen in time), and Origin began to boot up but then Z took over and created Aionios instead. After we beat Z, Origin is rebooted and works correctly. The worlds are reconstructed at the moment they left off at rather than time resuming.

There is some distance between Origin being an ark of data and Origin being an object that can not only survive the destruction of the universes but also one that can fully recreate them as they were at the exact moment of destruction.
The latter is insane to me without the Conduit. Maybe even with it given Klaus'sn many million year attempt to rebuild the world in 2.

Where is the suggestion that the universes did destroy each other? The implication I got from the "our worlds are young and something something if they cause each other harm they cannot but continue" speech that Melia gave was that they, at the very least, just glanced off each other.
Which is what makes sense subtextually in a story about first love.

There is some distance between Origin being an ark of data and Origin being an object that can not only survive the destruction of the universes but also one that can fully recreate them as they were at the exact moment of destruction.
The latter is insane to me without the Conduit. Maybe even with it given Klaus'sn many million year attempt to rebuild the world in 2.

Where is the suggestion that the universes did destroy each other? The implication I got from the "our worlds are young and something something if they cause each other harm they cannot but continue" speech that Melia gave was that they, at the very least, just glanced off each other.
Which is what makes sense subtextually in a story about first love.
I mean I didn't write it but that's how Nia describes it:
"An ark, containing all the worlds' data, recorded in words of light, carrying hope into the future. Origin was a system we constructed to reboot the worlds' states."

Being an object that can survive the destruction of both universes doesn't exactly run contradictory to it being an ark. For something to be an ark, it needs to survive the cataclysm that necessitated the ark (e.g. the Judeo-Christian ark being the only thing to survive the flood). But yea there are a lot of questions as to why the metal they built Origin with is so special and how both universes had the materials available.

A lot of Origin's workings come down to a frustrating "god did it!" response.

There's plenty of debate in the last several pages of this thread about whether the worlds were literally frozen vs being destroyed. You can get more fleshed out arguments looking a few pages back than what I can give you. I initially had the same take away that you did, that the worlds were frozen but after talking to people in this thread and re-watching scenes I began to feel different. When Nia says the moment came, the flashbacks show us Torigoth getting hit pretty hard then it cuts to a huge tidal wave. Even if the worlds didn't burst into light, the event was horrifically cataclysmic. It's thought the talk of freezing time is meant to be figurative.

If Z was able to literally freeze time then that's just another magic god power that Origin inexplicably has.

These are Melia's exact words:
"Our worlds in their current state are still young. If in passing, they do themselves harm, I suppose, even then they cannot but carry on."

I brought up this same quote when I first posted my lack of understanding and I think a lot of people have taken it to mean the worlds passed through each other unharmed. But it was pointed out to me that it doesn't mean it was harmless. Colliding and destroying each other would be the harm in passing, but the will of forward-thinking young people not interested in being stuck in the past came up with a plan for the worlds to be restored and that would be the "cannot but carry on part".

If Tora designed Origin why there is no maid Moebius?

Shit it's literally calles Moe-bius tho...

travis-touchdown-moe.gif

There's plenty of debate in the last several pages of this thread about whether the worlds were literally frozen vs being destroyed. You can get more fleshed out arguments looking a few pages back than what I can give you. I initially had the same take away that you did, that the worlds were frozen but after talking to people in this thread and re-watching scenes I began to feel different. When Nia says the moment came, the flashbacks show us Torigoth getting hit pretty hard then it cuts to a huge tidal wave. Even if the worlds didn't burst into light, the event was horrifically cataclysmic. It's thought the talk of freezing time is meant to be figurative.
Yeah, I go back and forth on this. It essentially boils down to this:

-The worlds having already been collided and cancelled out makes it easier to explain how Origin created Aionios. It's much more in line with how Origin was supposed to work in the first place.

-Z's motivations only truly make sense if the worlds haven't yet collided, and he speaks as if they haven't. He would know full well that Origin works if it created Aionios post-collision. The leading theory on the black fog also relies on total annihilation being imminent, not already done.

Despite the fact that I initially landed on the opposite side as you (my assumption was that the worlds were destroyed), I think it's a little easier to explain away how time stopped as opposed to Z just being flat out dumb. Time flow doesn't necessarily have to be 1:1 between universes. And of course, there's always the simulation theory, as much as I dislike it.

Please, keep in mind that ending your story with : « It was all a dream / his brain made up this story while he was dying / it was a simulation / it was a video game from the start » is pretty much one of the laziest possible scenario for a writer when done wrong (hello Star Ocean 3).

To quote Alan Wake : I’m a writer. And believe me, I cannot see any positive outcome to a story with this kind of thing, it makes more than 90% of your story pointless.

The show Mr. Robot did a similar thing for an entire season and… it changed like, 3% of the story (oh so that character wasn’t at that place, he was instead at this place and… the exact same thing happened to him, all these characters are -mostly- the same… so… what was the point ? Did it really needed an entire season ?)

Also : I don’t think Xeno 3 ever hinted at the whole story being part of a simulation (by who ? Alvis ?) and Takahashi doesn’t look like to be the sort of guy not giving enough clear and definite clues to his stories. It’s pretty clear.

I think when we hear Z stopped time it really only refers to Aionios. Whether the worlds were destroyed or not doesn’t necessarily matter here as Origin and Z activate at the precise moment the overlap happens which transforms the two worlds into the time stopped Aionios. Basically whatever outcome is going to happen is paused and if it is held here forever the annilation events will just outright destroy it eventually so either Origin definitely fails or the worlds can never pass through each other with however much damage would happen or not. In this sense, the events of Xenoblade 3 absolutely matter since the original two worlds don’t reactivate until it’s over. Basically 1,000 years pass by in an imperceptible instant for the original two worlds except for a select few like Noah who noticed the transition (which is why he is special in the fused world).

Z is basically a demon/entity from across dimensions, but I think what limits him is when he takes a human form in Aionios he essentially loses his greatest power as he becomes content. Humanity essentially gave him the power to do what he did as a demon and reshape the world in god-like fashion, but their influence also made him weak and transformed him into a human which leads to his downfall where he mostly wants to watch movies all day and play director once in a while. Origin still gives Z power in this world and is essentially holding the worlds (destroyed or just merged) hostage in this time and thus matters for this reason. Origin is not doing what it was intended to do at all.

If it wasn’t clear, I basically think the real answer is that the worlds basically are in a hyper state of sorts upon touching each other. Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade 2’s worlds are essentially deactivated at this time and Xenoblade 3’s is active as a result of Z and Origin. So yeah I do think they would have just passed through had Z not been there based off how the ending works with them seeing two universes in the sky, then Noah running after Mio as the worlds separates, and then finally Noah remembering the off seer song in his world.

Last edited:
Reid - the one who looks like an older Shulk with homages to Dunban

The statue to which you're referring is actually not depicting Reid. Reid is stated to be a girl, and the statue's plaque indicates that it is Reid's mentor being depicted, rather than Reid herself. The plaque (and the statue itself) suggests that it's depicting Shulk.

House Reid
In memory of the Founder of House Reid and the City's Liberatrix.
Rather than the Founder herself, this statue depicts the Founder's mentor figure, standing as a sign of the deep reverence and devotion she felt for her teacher.
The Founder's master was unconnected to her by bonds of blood, yet he raised her as would befit a child of one's own, it is said.
Thought of a calm and constant disposition, the sight of him on the battlefield, great red sword in hand, struck fear into many a Moebius.
And though the vicious struggle against Moebius cost this ferocious warrior his right arm...
...the loss did nothing to diminish his desire to hone his martial skills each day, standing as vivid testament to his indomitable will.

Four days out from finishing it I still think it’s super funny the ending is incredibly similar from a JRPG from late last year with the same final dungeon name and role and with the final boss more of a concept than anything else. The ending shares similar beats as a result too lol. Blue Reflection Second Light by Gust.

There’s only so many JRPG endings out there, but it’s funny to see them release so close together. Been fun to compare them on who did what better.
It's not just Origin. XB3 and Second Light had so many similarities (superficial or not) by the end that it got outright distracting for me. The Mio character being the oldest of the main cast, uniting two disparate parts of a franchise, the debate on whether to keep the eternal now or move onto an uncertain future, the doomed outside world, Origin being a supercomputer to help reboot the world safely, conceptual final boss, characters ambiguously reuniting in the epilogue, it's all so much. Plus the final bosses of the numbered Xenoblades line up eerily well with the final bosses of Blue Reflection 1, Ray, and Second Light.

If Tora designed Origin why there is no maid Moebius?

Shit it's literally calles Moe-bius tho...

travis-touchdown-moe.gif
Tora designing Origin is the reason Moebius exists. People weren’t scared of it failing, they were scared of it succeeding and being subject to Tora’s whims.

Not what I'm getting at. Reid - the one who looks like an older Shulk with homages to Dunban - is the one that would supposedly have the Mondo REX+. Ortiz - the one with Shulk's goggles - also has a weapon that's of his own making instead of a proper blade, and it can't be the REX+ even if he is supposed to be Shulk since he made it as a Kevesi soldier. He has no knowledge of the Monado. The plaque treated this as a unique characteristic, so it'd be weird if Reid just also used a physical weapon. It'd also be weird if Reid could call the REX+.

Melia has the thing locked up in Keves Castle anyway, and I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be captured before this point.
There's no reason the REX wouldn't be able to be treated as a Blade weapon, considering that Melia's World Ender is. Ortiz's weapon would likely be completely different

Melia having the REX is a little weird but I would expect both queens to feature in the DLC anyway, and if it's treated as a Blade they could have whatever shenanigans to summon it from afar, or have Mecha-Melia access it for some reason

The dlc stuff is most likely an epilogue, with some kind of crossover between 1/2/3s cast. That thumbnail couldn't be more clear. If it was just referring to being able to battle past characters as dlc they'd just have it the og monado instead of the REX (like in 2's dlc). We got all the Torna imagery with 2s season pass, that was as clear a point as any.

Going into the past for Torna made sense, the tragedy of 500 years ago was talked about a lot in the game, had a huge bearing on the plot, and we even saw some flashbacks from that time.

The founders/statue stuff doesn't have anywhere near the same level of importance in 3. I just don't see the appeal. While you could fit in the 1 and 2 characters with a prequel, couldn't get the people from 3 since they wouldn't be themselves yet.

As far as timelines and how all the characters could meet up despite living in different times, well timey wimey In the not too distant future, somewhere in time and space... It can be made to work.

Also Nia's mention during the ending cutscene about her confidence that even if they must be seperated now, that they would find a way to walk with each other again seems like the direction its going.

Last edited:
After 150 hours, I've only just now realized you can't actually ride the boat off the edge of the world. I tried to be so careful when filling out the perimeter lol.

So I just beat it a couple of minutes ago - great ending aside Z being the lamest final boss in the series - and I think I got most of everything but there's one point I'm a bit confused on.

Where did X and Y come from? They're described as originally Moebius like Z, but the game makes it seem like only Z was made from Origin and he made the rest after making Aionios.

Did I misinterpret things or is the implication supposed to be Z made X and Y before he started converting humans into Moebius?

It's not just Origin. XB3 and Second Light had so many similarities (superficial or not) by the end that it got outright distracting for me. The Mio character being the oldest of the main cast, uniting two disparate parts of a franchise, the debate on whether to keep the eternal now or move onto an uncertain future, the doomed outside world, Origin being a supercomputer to help reboot the world safely, conceptual final boss, characters ambiguously reuniting in the epilogue, it's all so much. Plus the final bosses of the numbered Xenoblades line up eerily well with the final bosses of Blue Reflection 1, Ray, and Second Light.
I realized I forgot to reply earlier! The core journeys and general tone are different enough that it didn’t really hit for me until the ending stretch, but yeah definitely even more similarities when you zoom out even further lol.

I've seen people argue the expansion can't be a prequel because of Noah's sword, but they conveniently ignore Noah throws his weapon into the ocean at the end of the game. Noah's sword being there doesn't point in either direction.

So I just beat it a couple of minutes ago - great ending aside Z being the lamest final boss in the series - and I think I got most of everything but there's one point I'm a bit confused on.

Where did X and Y come from? They're described as originally Moebius like Z, but the game makes it seem like only Z was made from Origin and he made the rest after making Aionios.

Did I misinterpret things or is the implication supposed to be Z made X and Y before he started converting humans into Moebius?
I don't think the game clarifies X and Y beyond being true moebius. Them appearing as part of the final boss implies they are basically the same as Z I guess

Did we ever learn what Noah named his sword? Cause iirc he wanted to change the lucky seven name when he first got it but then just never did?

Just for fun, I came up with a moveset for a Shulk/Monado class if the Monado is used in the DLC campaign or if Shulk is a bonus hero in challenge mode. I wanted to come up with something that would capture Shuk's gameplay style in 3's system. I thought it'd be fun to share:

CLASS
Visionary Swordmaster (Attacker role) - Glass cannon who can also serve as a backup support character with decent agility and a healing power stat on par with healer role classes.

ARTS
  • Back Slash - Back attack↑ (Master Art)
  • Slit Edge - Side Phys Def down
  • Stream Edge - AOE / Break
  • Light Heal - AOE / Heal
  • Battle Soul - Charge Talent Art / Hurt self (Master Art)
  • [Talent Art] Activate Monado - Unleash Monado Arts (swaps right side arts out for Monado Arts)

MONADO ARTS
  • Monado Buster - AOE / Machines↑
  • Monado Purge - Burst / Remove buffs
  • Monado Cyclone - AOE / Topple

SKILLS
  • Vision - Negate powerful enemy attacks with a button challenge. 60s cooldown. (same as how it works in XC2)
  • Affinity Cry - 10% chance to grant Awakening when an ally misses.
  • Monado Armor - 25% chance to apply Defense Up on all allies when activating Talent Art. (Master Skill)
  • Monado Enchant - 25% chance to apply Attack Up on all allies when activating Talent Art. (Master Skill)

The Monado Arts wouldn't be as broken as Unlimited Blade, only the class arts are swapped out, and when you use one it drains the Talent Gauge and swaps back to your normal arts like in the original game. It would require five role actions to fill (like how the original game required five auto-attack hits). Battle Soul would count for three role action charges.

To be more true to his original kit, Shulk would have the only non-positional break move as well as the only non-ouroboros AOE break move. That fits with 2's DLC blades being powerful and having unique special gimmicks while also not being obscenely broken. You could also pull off the Stream Edge to Monado Cyclone combo like late game XC1 which I thought was important to feeling like Shulk. Purge's ability to dispel auras and Rage made it a good fit to be reinterpreted as a burst move. Cyclone and Purge would be ether, all the other attacks would be physical.

I want to try and think of one for Rex. I'm not sure how a Driver-Blade mechanic could work in 3 but I also find it hard to imagine Rex using the Aegis swords without the Aegises.

Last edited:
I want to try and think of one for Rex. I'm not sure how a Driver-Blade mechanic could work in 3 but I also find it hard to imagine Rex using the Aegis swords without the Aegises.
I could see Rex getting Roc's moveset.

He also has a non-driver moveset from the very beginning of the game, I believe it's just some of the skills from Pyra though.

I could see Rex getting Roc's moveset.

He also has a non-driver moveset from the very beginning of the game, I believe it's just some of the skills from Pyra though.
Oh yea, he has anchor shot, sword bash, and double spinning edge with the Junk Sword. He doesn't get any elemental attacks like rolling smash until he bonds with Pyra though.

A roc style moveset would be a really cool idea and show how his own style eventually developed to take after Vandham. I like that idea a lot.

So I thought I was all cool at lv78 because I was easily plowing through lv90 mobs thanks to the Lucky Seven spam trick. I even whacked the Big Red Monke with very little issue. So I figured since I saved up all my bonus XP I could level up to take on the superbosses.

But uh

My ass has been handed to me over and over

Yall my body is not ready.

Yeah so I think I gotta quit.

Usually I'm so into a narrative that I don't like to continue a game past the story ending, but this time I knew there was extra stuff in the postgame with Melia and Nia so I said "okay but just them and then I'm done" and that turned into me finding out about the superbosses but I'm getting torched. So that means grinding. And I'm not jazzed for that at this point sooooo maybe when the DLC hits and I do my second playthrough I'll level up enough that way to be able to go after the supers.

In the meantime, I leave you all with the Xenoblade 3 Ending If It Was Released In 2007. Volume up yall:

I don’t know how some of y’all replay these games, going through the opening hours again without the sheer multitude of combat options you got used to until hours in the game sounds like torture 😭

Yeah so I think I gotta quit.

Usually I'm so into a narrative that I don't like to continue a game past the story ending, but this time I knew there was extra stuff in the postgame with Melia and Nia so I said "okay but just them and then I'm done" and that turned into me finding out about the superbosses but I'm getting torched. So that means grinding. And I'm not jazzed for that at this point sooooo maybe when the DLC hits and I do my second playthrough I'll level up enough that way to be able to go after the supers.

In the meantime, I leave you all with the Xenoblade 3 Ending If It Was Released In 2007. Volume up yall:

I've been seeing this meme all day so I know what it is without watching it. I love it so much lol

Thought about something
Characters are around 10 when their first term starts right? and they live until they turn 20 or they live for 10 terms
We see past Noah and Mio had a kid and when past Mio reaches homecoming the kid looks to be 3-4 years old.
Does that mean Mio had a kid in her seventh term, basically when she was 16?

Or did I just miss a piece of dialogue that confirms that character start their term at different levels of maturity, which would explain why Isurd, Cammuravi, Bolearis and others look 30 and tired?

Torna has a different battle system y’all. I’m 99% sure the DLC will be about the founders.

The three swords is a huge hint. It will be whoever originally wield lucky seven (N?), Rex, and Shulk adventure in the DLC.

Or did I just miss a piece of dialogue that confirms that character start their term at different levels of maturity, which would explain why Isurd, Cammuravi, Bolearis and others look 30 and tired?
Noah states at the beginning of the game they are all born looking like this. Nothing in the game suggests anyone is born already an adult.

You can handwave certain characters looking older as aging faster due to the war or simply being naturally more mature looking, but this is a bit hard to accept in certain cases like Isurd already looking middle aged when Taion was a child (and Isurd presumably a teenager). The real answer I think is simply that they tweaked certain aspects of the plot a bit during development (which is completely normal during game development) and they didn't readjust some already finalized designs to accomodate. Explains a few other discrepancies like certain consuls looking and/or sounding like old people despite that being incongruent with the rest of the setting we are presented with.

Thought about something
Characters are around 10 when their first term starts right? and they live until they turn 20 or they live for 10 terms
We see past Noah and Mio had a kid and when past Mio reaches homecoming the kid looks to be 3-4 years old.
Does that mean Mio had a kid in her seventh term, basically when she was 16?

My personal theory is that terms are completely divorced from age.
Everybody lives for 10 terms. But everybody starts at whatever age they were when their data was captured in "real life".
However, they don't "know" that they're different ages - the only way they relate time passage to one another is through terms.
For example, Noah could be age 9 - 19 from terms 1 - 10. Whereas someone like Alexandria or Ethel could actually be ages 16 - 26 from terms 1 - 10.

Takahashi confirmed 10-20 is the age range, and teen pregnancy is only weird to us because as a society we extended our typical lifetimes by a lot, but for 98% of the history of humans having kids at 14-16 was the norm. Biologically as a species we are ready to mate around that age. Even Monica got pregnant at 15.

Takahashi confirmed 10-20 is the age range, and teen pregnancy is only weird to us because as a society we extended our typical lifetimes by a lot, but for 98% of the history of humans having kids at 14-16 was the norm. Biologically as a species we are ready to mate around that age. Even Monica got pregnant at 15.

I presume you're talking about this quote:

I think that the formative years for my personality were between the ages of around 0 to 10, but I also think that the most influential period for something like my outlook on life was between the ages of 10 and 20, the years when people are most impressionable. It seems to me that, while they are both 10 years in length, it was a vulnerable period when I was exposed to many things, took on challenges, and created things as well, and my values and ways of thinking changed drastically. That is why I set the main characters to this period in their lives.

I think this refers to the main characters - not to the system by which Aionios is run. I see what you're saying though.
It makes sense that the characters through which we are learning about the world are within that age range, but to be fair, they all look that age range - so it's not really definitive whether or not that strict age range is applied to all people.

Like I said, just a headcanon

My personal theory is that terms are completely divorced from age.
Everybody lives for 10 terms. But everybody starts at whatever age they were when their data was captured in "real life".
However, they don't "know" that they're different ages - the only way they relate time passage to one another is through terms.
For example, Noah could be age 9 - 19 from terms 1 - 10. Whereas someone like Alexandria or Ethel could actually be ages 16 - 26 from terms 1 - 10.
I agree

I think this refers to the main characters - not to the system by which Aionios is run.
I agree

Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom