• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom launches May 12th, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine we would have only gotten these two pictures without any gameplay 😬

So i’m glad we got atleast some seconds of gameplay and also the title

if they haven't had revealed the release date, judging by the length of the trailer, i think most people would have been expecting another delay

that key art is gorgeous…but is something off with the perspective?
i have the feeling the art-scape is not ‘centre-ed’ or or something is cut off…hm…maybe it is just me

When I saw the green swirl behind the TotK logo, I felt like I'd seen something similar before. Looked it up, apparently, a serpent/snake/dragon eating itself is called Ouroboros and according to Wikipedia, it's often interpreted as "a symbol for eternal cyclic renewal or a cycle of life, death, and rebirth; the snake’s skin-sloughing symbolizes the transmigration of souls."

👀

Last edited:
When I saw the green swirl behind the TotK logo, I felt like I'd seen similar things before. Looked it up, apparently, a serpent/snake/dragon eating itself is called Ouroboros and according to Wikipedia, it's often interpreted as "a symbol for eternal cyclic renewal or a cycle of life, death, and rebirth; the snake’s skin-sloughing symbolizes the transmigration of souls."

👀
Smh Monolith Soft just making the same game twice, hacks

When I saw the green swirl behind the TotK logo, I felt like I'd seen something similar before. Looked it up, apparently, a serpent/snake/dragon eating itself is called Ouroboros and according to Wikipedia, it's often interpreted as "a symbol for eternal cyclic renewal or a cycle of life, death, and rebirth; the snake’s skin-sloughing symbolizes the transmigration of souls."

👀
The logo looks like two dragons to me.

The logo looks like two dragons to me.

Zonai incoming

zonai-statue.jpg

Look at the very bottom center of the image, a green energy spiral, like we see in the first trailer, is coming out of the ground.

Fciz-urXEAELNCO

Launchpad or something similar, there seem to be a lot of gimmicks added the more I watch the trailer. Stuff is going on at ground level.

Do you guys think they'll get rid of the glitches?

I mean the combat and traversal glitches which add much more depth to the gameplay mechanics.

Looks like the stable is still there at the bottom.

Stables are usually near shrines, which were fast travel points. No shrines or towers, so I'm guessing that spiral is a fast-travel point (along with whatever else it might be).

the world below looks remarkably unchanged in terms of terrain - i still feel like they are holding back on the major hook of the game

also notable that the hoverboard/hangglider-surfboard looks to be made of the same material as the sky-island robot from the last trailer - i'm taking this as further proof that the robot is of Zonai technological origin and not some sort of enemy

the world below looks remarkably unchanged in terms of terrain - i still feel like they are holding back on the major hook of the game

You can count on that, the theme of this teaser was similar to the last, as if they want to wait taking the next step.

it seems like the murals show a Zonai Zelda falling? mirroring the fall we see happen to botw Zelda in the last trailer

and I think the Zonai priest figure from the mural must be the person the green hand belongs to

I feel like this game needs Aonuma himself to explain at all lol, that's why they are doing teasers. The game will shine in early 2023 when they will go all in.

I have the feeling that this teaser was shown because Nintendo wanted to avoid any backslash if the game skipped this direct.

Maybe, they wanted to wait until next year and do a big reveal, but they felt obligated to do. That’s why it was just another teaser and put the logo, name and release date (that can be delayed at any moment, but I doubt it this time).

Yeah they obviously have a lot more to show on this game over the next 8 months, which is fine, at least we have a name at long last and a date to look forward to that I feel won't be pushed back any further. The boxart looks stunning and the game will of course be great, just happy to go back to forgetting about it-mostly-for a while now.

So looking forward to it from a sales perspective as well, I kinda see the gargantuan sales Splatoon saw in Japan very recently as being something we'll see replicated in certain markets for this game. I wouldn't be too shocked if it sold similar numbers to Animal Crossing in its first few weeks worldwide, assuming it is as critically acclaimed as the first game. It might be Nintendo's most anticipated game of all time come May.

it seems like the murals show a Zonai Zelda falling? mirroring the fall we see happen to botw Zelda in the last trailer

and I think the Zonai priest figure from the mural must be the person the green hand belongs to
If you mean the long hair figure curling over backwards, I think that's Ganondorf as he is in the same pose we saw him when sealed in the 2019 teaser. I think Zelda (ancient Zelda?) is the other figure around 40 seconds in, holding hands with another person.

Get hyped, there's more coming for sure. No Aonuma and such a short fragment as yet another teaser screams that there's so much more. I still can't believe that the game is 'just' the old map with gimmicks and added sky islands with some small underground parts.

Which is all we've seen until now really, and that doesn't sound like something I can fill yet another 100 hours with. Of course the team would know traversing the same old world again with several tweaks would just feel stale and uninspired after at least 5 years of work on a game in the same engine. Look at what they did with Majora's mask in a much shorter time (I know, different age)

On another note, if you like some theories:
This one is nice on the ears and coherent:

(Removed link) maidhhc beat me to it.

Also for real ... i think you can go seamless from the land to the skies.

What fucking magic does Nintendo use to make the loading for this so smooth that it doesn't interrupt the gameplay?
probably just loading the whole world, in low poly form, into memory.
Has someone translated the Japanese title to figure out which definition of TEARS is meant for the title?
the JP titles have been the same as the english titles lately. and it's more than likely intended to be both meanings

I genuinely can't understand them being so coy unless they're waiting for the Switch 2/Pro reveal to have the big info blowout.

It makes sense. BotW was the biggest software driver of Switch's success, let's do the exact same thing for the next one.

And honestly, I think they're right to do so.
Honestly I have this same feeling from the moment I’ve seen such a small trailer. I’m convinced the big blowout will be with better hardware.

my pet theory: there is some connection between the Interlopers and the Zonai - the Zs are the good Interlopers who were never banished? or were reintegrated? or something something Sacred Realm?

It maybe the interpretation of the Zonai of an historic event of Hyrule. The falling figure is actually quite similar to how Zelda seemed when Ghirahim was attempting to take Hylia's soul to revive Demise.

2307b76a5f4b5aefa0327a6d7bed9b5e.gif

Similar to how that Zelda intertwining hands with a mysterious figure, while cupping one of those magatamas, is quite surely a reference to the finale of the prophecy of the Goddess' Hero as told by Fi:

Fi said:
The youth who draws forth the guiding
sword shall be known as the goddess's
chosen hero, and it is he who possesses
an unbreakable spirit.
He shall be burdened with the task of
abolishing the shadow of apocalypse
from the land. Such is his destiny.

With the spirit of the blade at his side,
he shall soar over the clouds and
plummet below...

...And united with the spirit maiden,
shall bring forth a piercing light that
resurrects the land.

So what could we be seeing? The Zonai's interpretation of the eternal cycle of reincarnation that follows the Blood of the Goddess and the Spirit of the Hero. An eternal cycle, an ouroboros, that has doomed the Kingdom of Hyrule to tears and blood soaked eras since the Era of the Goddess Hylia.

It's so beautiful, the next 8 months will probably go quite slow :>

Nintendo doesnt need a blowout a game that's 8 months out. They've probably never been in better shape than they are right now - this is not 6 years ago, they dont need to do more than tease at this point. The blowout will come, early next year and that's 100% reasonable.

Also it sucks that it's likely this thread will probably become another one with constant Switch Pro/2 talk which is extremely tiresome.

A little hysterical in the VO department, but quality work and very quick. Good catch that the title card reveals who "Zelda" is holding hands with: Blupee Person!

Anyways, seeing the same ol' Hyrule (even with Stables yawn) with some green markings on it isn't making me particularly enthused. I'd miss new landmasses, new biomes, having at least 500 hours in BotW at this point. Having caves underneath and some sky islands wouldn't cut it.

But who knows, maybe the underground looks completely different and isn't cave-like at all like the video suggests, but more like a spirit-world landmass. Or maybe we'll really shake Hyrule up in a major way.

Hoping for some boss fights in the skies, like TP had with Argorok in the stormy sky temple. With these new traversal options, these aerial fights could be incredible..

875061fca743a86c988428272b35ac83b5033e76.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

7481063b54dfd0e3bd9b21536ba9cda9376c3bdc.gifv
e2ffc46d523f7256a9a36d234081b5a82916dd73.gifv
In the clip of Link riding the boulder up into the sky, he passes a baby Argorok-like thing. The figure surrounded by the seven things made me think of blupees / lord of the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom