• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Launch Party (ENDED)

Irene

Soar long!
Pronouns
She/Her
lp-header.jpg

lp-intro.jpg

lp-intro2.jpg

lp-activities1.jpg

lp-activities2.jpg

lp-gr1.jpg

lp-gr2.jpg

lp-SIGH.jpg

lp-fyse2.jpg

lp-fyse3.jpg

lp-vc1.jpg

lp-vc2.jpg

lp-vc3.jpg

lp-vc4.jpg

lp-badges.jpg

Zbadge1.png

PARTY PARTICIPANT - Finish a game in Game Recall
Zbadge2.png

VICTORIOUS VEHICLE BUILDER - Win the Vehicle Contest
lp-faq.jpg

How long will the event be? What times are important to remember?
The launch party will run from today all the way until 12 AM EST on May 12th, which is the usual time when first-party Nintendo games unlock. The thread won’t be locked, but it will be unpinned, and it will be the deadline for the Game Recall activity. The Vehicle Contest activity’s deadline is 24 hours before that. When the game is unlocked, the badges for both the Game Recall and the Vehicle Contest will be handed out.

Can I “vote” (Give out a Yeah!) to as many entries in the Vehicle Contest as I like?
Yes, you can. Click Yeah! for anything that tickles your fancy.

How do I find all the entries in the Vehicle Contest?
Every entry in the contest will be threadmarked.

I don’t have any means to show a picture of the credits scene of the game I chose for Game Recall. What do I do?
You will not be eligible for a badge if you just say “I beat a game”. But if you said that you started a game, talked a bit about it along the way, and then mentioned that you forgot, or didn’t get the opportunity to get a picture of the credits, we trust you on your word.

Here’s our recommended methods for showing pictures:

For Switch-available games: take a screenshot and upload it to social media, and link the post here. If you’re too shy or uncomfortable with sharing a tweet or a post, (or want to avoid spoilers) access the screenshot, upload it to a site like imgur.com or postimages.org, and paste it in a post here on Fami via the picture upload function.

For non-Switch available games: Take a picture with your phone camera and upload it to a site like imgur.com or postimages.org, and paste it in a post here on Fami via the picture upload function. If you think it’s too finicky, you can snap a photo, transfer it to your computer/laptop and upload it to a site from there.

Do I have to start a new file to participate in Game Recall?
You don't have to begin anew on a Zelda game, but can continue an existing file. The emphasis is on finishing, not starting.

I got the game earlier than 12AM EST, what do I have to keep in mind?
While there are ways to obtain the game earlier than the usual unlock time, you're still encouraged to participate in the event. But it is not optimal to talk openly about the game's opening hours with people who are unable to play it - we refer to the Tears of the Kingdom ST for more in-depth talk about the game's early content.

If you have any more questions about the event, please ask them, and they will be incorporated into the FAQ!

lp-ototkt.jpg

cocjot8vkh

THE NIGHT IS ALWAYS YOUNG
Hello everyone and the warmest of welcome to the official Famiboards launch party for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!
The game is a mere 12 days away, and to say that the temperature is rapidly rising would be a massive understatement. Fans have been whipped up in a frenzy, with nervous glances at the calendar, analysis videos cropping up like flowers in the pale spring sun, and forum traffic is reaching server-choking levels.
A whopping six years later, the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is almost here. May 12th will be a very special day, and for may, a tremendously important event. This is it, friends. The moment. The MOMENT!
That is reason enough to get together and get psyched, put the gas pedal on the floor and speed towards May 12th with all we’ve got. Whether or not you’re hyped out of your damn mind, cautiously optimistic, or slightly sceptic, May 12th will be a day to remember with varying amounts of fondness.
This event will serve as a way for us at Famiboards to get together, participate in some activities, talk about Zelda in general, share the excitement, all while regularly counting down days, hours, minutes and seconds.
This event will last from today all the way to 12AM EST on May 12th.

ACTIVITIES
The event will have three separate activities for us to take part in while we anxiously twiddle our thumbs, as a means to make these remaining, excruciating 12 days a little more bearable.

The first is Game Recall. Simply put - let’s finish a Zelda game! It’s a means to recall old memories or creating new ones, kill some time, while also sharing one’s experiences and excitement in this thread. Succeeding in finishing a Zelda game will earn you a badge.

The second is Fuse Gallery. The Fuse ability sent most Zelda fans in a frenzy when it was shown off in the gameplay demonstration, promising a vast amount of possibilities for all kinds of mad weapon combinations. This thread will contain a post that serves as an empty gallery that we can all fill with our own fuse ideas.

The third and last activity is the Vehicle Contest. The trailers so far have shown off what absolutely outlandish vehicles and things we’ll be able to make with Ultrahand. A contest will be hosted in this thread to see who can come up with the coolest vehicle. The winner will earn a badge.

Game Recall
The Legend of Zelda is a series that has been running since the mid-80’s, and sports both mainline entries and spinoffs, with Tears of the Kingdom being the 20th mainline Zelda game. Such a long-running series has followed some players through their entire life, and thus, fond - and maybe also less fond - memories are associated with the series.

So, let’s dive right into the series and pick any Zelda-related game - mainline or spinoff - to play during the launch party! The Game Recall activity works just as previous events containing playthrough activities: Over these 12 days, simply pick up a Zelda game to finish, and show a picture of the end credits as proof of play.

This will serve as a good opportunity to warm up, get comfy, settle in for a proper appetizer before the main course, and grab a chance to discuss and reminisce about the Zelda series, what it means to us, and what you think about the game in question that you’re playing.
Like the regular playthrough activities from events past, show a picture of the end credits of the game you’ve chosen to play when you’re done. A playthrough will earn you the Party Participant badge.

Fuse Gallery
The second activity will be us coming together to get creative with the Fuse ability. Tears of the Kingdom will most likely have a lot of really cool and creative fuses that we’ll be able to make throughout our adventure. The gameplay showcase showed a makeshift hammer and a Puffshroom being used in combat, but what will happen when you fuse a shield to a cricket? And how will a bokoblin guts arrow work?

It’s an ability that tickles the imagination, and it will surely be a ton of fun to use it in the game. In this activity, we’ll get some work going, and come up with and display our own ideas for different fuses that can be created with the Fuse ability. The hope is for the entire gallery to fill up with all kinds of mad, weird and wonderful fuses.
The fuses themselves can be objects from any Zelda game, from the Biggoron’s Sword, to Tingle’s balloon, but items from our own world are not allowed. The fuse can’t be more than two objects. To submit a fuse for the gallery, simply make it in a picture editing program, either by pasting images from, say, Google into it, or draw it on your own, either in the picture program, or even by hand. Once that is done, upload it in a post, and it will make it to the gallery.
Don’t hold back - the cooler and weirder the fuse is, the more you contribute to make the gallery into something spectacular.

Rules for the gallery:
1. Your submitted entry must be of just two objects. It can be any object, as long as it exists in a Zelda game.
2. Your submitted entry should be made in a picture editing program such as GIMP/Paint/Photoshop/other equivalent. The usage of both real images as well as hand-drawn images are allowed.
3. Your submitted entry must have a cool name.

Vehicle Contest
Even more out there than the Fuse ability is Ultrahand, which will be the center of the third activity of the launch party - a vehicle making contest.
We’ve seen Link craft some truly spectacular vehicles in the trailers - a flying contraption, a hot air balloon and some kind of bizarre, rectangular mech. It’s an ability that will have the potential to make Tears of the Kingdom truly viral, where people are more than happy to show off their most spectacular devices, vehicles and weapons, and with streamers trying to outdo one another with whatever their imagination will allow them to create.
The crafting category we’re rolling with will be vehicles - we will all be able to participate in this contest where we come up, with and build, our very own means of transportation across ground, sky, space or sea.

To do this, you will once again take to an image creation program of choice, and draw up an idea, a concept or a blueprint for whatever vehicle you want to enter the contest with. Using real-life pictures as well as hand-drawn ones are okay.
Unlike the fuse gallery, however, the vehicle contest allows for real-life objects to work as components as well, along with objects in Zelda games - even things that are vehicles in and of themselves. The huge fans and wheels from the trailers are fair game, but so are garden hoses, bullet trains and OLED TV’s. All bets are off!

Rules for the contest:
1. You may submit only one vehicle. The vehicle must come with a short description f fwhat it is.
2. The vehicle must be made up out of objects that exists in our real world or in a Zelda game.
3. The vehicle should be made in a picture editing program such as GIMP/Paint/Photoshop/other equivalent. The usage of both real images as well as hand-drawn images are allowed.
4. The vehicle can only contain 7 different objects. However, you can have up to 10 of one object, so a vehicle with 2 different objects but 10 of one of them is okay.
5. The vehicle must have a proper use and function. You need to explain what it is going to be used for, and what it’s going to be capable of, in your post.

The post with the most Yeah!s will be declared as a winner of the contest. The winner will receive an additional badge of honour for their work. It is discouraged to go and ask all your friends to go in and Yeah! your vehicle for the sole purpose of winning - the contest should be won by honouring imagination and ingenuity.

The deadline for the Vehicle Contest will be 12AM EST on May 11th, 24 hours before the game unlocks.

FAQ

The launch party will run from today all the way until 12 AM EST on May 12th, which is the usual time when first-party Nintendo games unlock. The thread won’t be locked, but it will be unpinned, and it will be the deadline for the Game Recall activity. The Vehicle Contest activity’s deadline is 24 hours before that. When the game is unlocked, the badges for both the Game Recall and the Vehicle Contest will be handed out.

Can I “vote” (Give out a Yeah!) to as many entries in the Vehicle Contest as I like?

I don’t have any means to show a picture of the credits scene of the game I chose for Game Recall. What do I do?
You will not be eligible for a badge if you just say “I beat a game”. But if you said that you started a game, talked a bit about it along the way, and then mentioned that you didn’t get the opportunity to get a picture of the credits, we trust you on your word.

You don't have to begin anew on a Zelda game, but can continue an existing file. The emphasis is on finishing, not starting.

While there are ways to obtain the game earlier than the usual unlock time, you're still encouraged to participate in the event. But it is not optimal to talk openly about the game's opening hours with people who are unable to play it - we refer to the Tears of the Kingdom ST for more in-depth talk about the game's early content.

If you have any more questions about the event, please ask them, and they will be incorporated into the FAQ!

Last edited:
This is awesome. Really well done! And how lucky for me, as I'm currently playing through Turtle Rock during my first-ever experience with ALttP 👀

I'm playing through BotW right now, but I don't know if I'll finish in time for TotK. Started on Monday, 25 hours in, but I'm taking my sweet time and only done Ruto so far. I'll post my credits screen if I do make it though.

This is an amazing thread. Currently playing Skyward Sword, finished with the Skyview Temple. Got a long ways to go, but I’ll get there!

I have been replaying Wind Waker again lately, not sure if I will finish before the 12th. But I have to say I really miss these expressions on Link. It makes me feel much more closer to Link and the overall story having Link show his expressions and emotions.

toon-link-comp.jpg

We have been with the same Link for almost 10 years now that shows very little emotion, if we count when we first saw our first teaser for "Zelda Wii U" as it was known at the time in 2014. But it's bringing up a lot of fond memories of my time with the game as well. We were only 1 year removed from 9/11 when the game released and Zelda has always been an important temporarily escape from reality for me since I began with the series back in the 80's and 90's.

It was also a time before I had a home computer and I still remember calling into the 1-800 number to get tips and cheats on how to get through some of the sections of WW. Yes, that was actually a thing before the internet. Also, there's nothing better than the new release "Zelda ride home" as I like to call it. When I was younger I would race out to the car, game in hand, and tear open the cellophane wrap to get to the manual so I could start reading up on my new adventure immediately. Now, being much older and somewhat more mature, its just driving home on release day staring at the seat next me looking down at my new game and imagining all the incredible discoveries I will find inside.

There is also something so deeply ingrained in my mind with Zelda overall and it has to with opening treasure chests, Just seeing the light emanating on Links face as he cracks open the treasure chest and then he triumphantly turns around to display for all to see what he has found, gets me every time.
Wj3Nxs.gif

Happy Tears of the Kingdom month! I'm excited to try and play another Zelda game before launch. Continuing with my massive NSO kick, I'm gonna try my hand at finishing The Minish Cap. This one's a replay, not a new experience, but I'm fond of this one and I'm wondering if I can finish it before the 12th.

If all else fails, then I bail and play Zelda 1 or something, lol.

I’ve currently on my 2nd playthrough of BOTW and I plan to take on Hyrule Castle with Link wearing all available tunics at certain areas.

I’ll try and get a Minish Cap playthrough in before the 12th but there’s just too many games, too little time 😭

A very wholesome OP! 😊

I started replaying BotW awhile back, but I've been taking my time so I don't know if I'll make it but I'm willing to try!

Same story here. I'm too engaged (re-)discovering shrines, doing side-quests, etc. while going for a stealth approach with enemies. So, there's no way I'll be able to complete it this month.

Well I had been thinking of running through an older Zelda title again.
Maybe I’ll go with Ocarina of Time. It was my first Zelda and I haven’t run through it again in years.

This is a very cool idea, count me in!!

I'll be replaying BOTW very soon but I'll just try to go straight to Hyrule Castle and defeat the Blights and Ganon. I'll make sure to write and share some impressions and pictures of my playthrough.

This is going to be a fun month and what a great OP @Irene !

Hmmm finish Live A Live or plow through the Zelda 1 playthrough I have going on NSO? 🤔 12 days is not a lot of time for either with my schedule…

This sounds like a lot of fun and a good way to keep from watching the last day slooooooooooooooooooowly tick away lol.

Amazing thread @Irene :D This is a really good idea to make the wait (and avoiding leaks) easier before release.

Now... 12 days to both finish Skyward Sword (which I've been meaning to do for a whiiile), and make my zelda vehicle. Will I get it done? Probably not. But we'll see!

Last edited:
This is SO COOL. And a great way to help me avoid the leaks, as @Plum put it!

Thanks for doing this, the Game Recall might be just the excuse I need to finally finish Skyward Sword.

Or I'll just keep grinding away in Future Connected and playing the AW2: Black Hole Rising Campaign :0

Is it a thing where I sing up? Or just post the results soemtiek

No sign up, just have a go at the activities right off the bat :) If you’re going for replaying a game, just make sure to post a pic of the end credits when you finish it!

VEHICLE: Tingle's Battle Bus
@Irene Here's my entry to the vehicle contest!

tinglesbattlebus.jpg

BEHOLD! Tingle's Battle Bus. Tingle is back, and he's wreaking havoc and sultry tunes across the land of Hyrule in his state-of-the-art flying bus/warship/concert venue. Piloted by his three loyal minions, the Battle Bus is outfitted with: 8 cannons; three high-end speaker systems; a row of fairy-based lights to keep you alight and keep you alive; and a spike trap to crush all those in front of you. It can both fly into the air via cutting-edge hot-air balloon tech, and roll on the ground like any other car. Whichever way the bus goes, all shall know Tingle's beauty. All shall know his rage.

If Link completes his side-quest (i.e. 'raise a million rupees') then who knows. Maybe one day he will be able to pilot the bus himself...

OBJECTS USED:
  • Wood Logs (10)
  • Cannons (8)
  • Wooden Wheels (8)
  • Fairies (5)
  • Speaker Systems (3)
  • Hot-Air Balloon
  • Spike Trap

Last edited:
ALBW lol, that game is so overlooked!

That game is so good.
@Irene Here's my entry to the vehicle contest!

tinglesbattlebus.jpg

BEHOLD! Tingle's Battle Bus. Tingle is back, and he's wreaking havoc and sultry tunes across the land of Hyrule in his state-of-the-art flying bus/flying warship/concert venue. Piloted by his three loyal minions, the Battle Bus is outfitted with: 8 cannons; three high-end speaker systems; a row of fairy-based lights to keep you alight and keep you alive; and a spike trap to crush all those in front of you. It can both fly into the air via cutting-edge hot-air balloon tech, and roll on the ground like any other car. Whichever way the bus goes, all shall know Tingle's beauty. All shall know his rage.

If Link completes his side-quest (i.e. 'raise a million rupees') then who knows. Maybe one day he will be able to pilot the bus himself...

OBJECTS USED:
  • Wood Logs (8)
  • Cannons (8)
  • Wooden Wheels (8)
  • Fairies (5)
  • Speaker Systems (3)
  • Hot-Air Balloon
  • Spike Trap
I expect to see that created within a day of the game's release. Because this has my vote

I started playing through Zelda II last night in preparation for TotK (ok not really) and almost immediately regretted it lol can't they patch it so text shows up all at once? Not have someone on a typewriter filling the text boxes. This time I will power through it though....or take the easy way out with the SP version. We'll see.

Love it, love the thread, love the contests!!!

I'll just be replaying BotW and trying out the DLC for the first time, posting along, watching what others are crafting and thinking about.

Cheers everyone!!

Great thread! This may be the impetus I need to finish the randomized run of Oracle of Ages I've been working through. What a fun randomizer it is for a game with surprising structural quirks.

I haven't played Minish Cap yet and now might finally be a good time. How long is the game roughly, anyone have a guestimate?

EDIT: Also, great work Irene! This thread alone is getting me more hyped than any of the other Zelda threads (barring the spoiler one probably, but I'm not going there).

I haven't played Minish Cap yet and now might finally be a good time. How long is the game roughly, anyone have a guestimate?

EDIT: Also, great work Irene! This thread alone is getting me more hyped than any of the other Zelda threads (barring the spoiler one probably, but I'm not going there).
I just played it for the first time back in Feb/March, despite some confusing signposting at times it's one of the shortest Zeldas I've played

This thread's got my creative juices flowing :p

And so, here's my entry for the Fuse Gallery:

longdistancebotherer.jpg

THE LONG-DISTANCE BOTHERER

I shall attempt my first fuse in between playing WW. My abilities to use Paint/Photoshop are not that great so hopefully this sets the bar low enough for others with better abilities than I to follow. Plus I don't want to be the one who's monstrosity diminishes our beautiful gallery set up by @Irene, so I will put my best effort into my fuse. I will pose a question with the answer in the spoiler.

Madura-Shield-comp-Question.jpg

Hint: The Mirror Shield has appeared in several past games so I went with the one from the WW since I am trying to compete that game. We all know it is used to reflect light at enemies, statues or mirrors but we won't be using it to reflect light at those objects in this fuse.

The Book of Madura was used by Link to read the Hylian text on the plaque outside the Desert Palace so he can gain access to the Palace.

But now Link will be able to use the
Mirror of Translation

Link-complete.jpg

Link now has the ability to reflect light onto any written ancient language carved into the lands throughout Hyrule and the light will instantly transform them into English, or your preferred language. It essentially works the same as Google translate in picture mode. No need for long sleepless late nights trying to figure out the Zonai language, this is a deciphers' dream come true, simply make this fuse and enjoy your Mirror of Translation.

Possible upgrades might be being able to reflect light at animals and message bubbles would appear above their heads and you could read what they are thinking and they could even give you clues on side quests, something like “ I wish that pirate didn’t bury all his loot in my cave I sleep in.“ Same thing for monsters, where the message bubbles read, “I need some tasty Hylians for dessert.”

Last edited:
And that's my... 34th(?) playthrough done. I honestly don't know how many times I've finished ALttP, but given the game is 31 years old this year, and I play it to completion minimum once a year, but sometimes more, 34 seems like a good guess.

The replay of Minish Cap is going well. A little less than two hours of play, and I just reached the second dungeon!

This is not exactly surprising given the shared director, but Mt. Crenel in particular gives me real Skyward Sword vibes. Or I guess Skyward Sword gives me real Minish Cap vibes? Densely packed overworld with a focus on item puzzles. It's pretty neat!

lp-header.jpg

lp-intro.jpg

lp-intro2.jpg

lp-activities1.jpg

lp-activities2.jpg

lp-gr1.jpg

lp-gr2.jpg

lp-SIGH.jpg

lp-fyse2.jpg

lp-fyse3.jpg

lp-vc1.jpg

lp-vc2.jpg

lp-vc3.jpg

lp-vc4.jpg

lp-badges.jpg

Zbadge1.png

PARTY PARTICIPANT - Finish a game in Game Recall
Zbadge2.png

VICTORIOUS VEHICLE BUILDER - Win the Vehicle Contest
lp-faq.jpg

You will not be eligible for a badge if you just say “I beat a game”. But if you said that you started a game, talked a bit about it along the way, and then mentioned that you forgot, or didn’t get the opportunity to get a picture of the credits, we trust you on your word.

lp-ototkt.jpg

cocjot8vkh.gif

THE NIGHT IS ALWAYS YOUNG
Hello everyone and the warmest of welcome to the official Famiboards launch party for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom!
The game is a mere 12 days away, and to say that the temperature is rapidly rising would be a massive understatement. Fans have been whipped up in a frenzy, with nervous glances at the calendar, analysis videos cropping up like flowers in the pale spring sun, and forum traffic is reaching server-choking levels.
A whopping six years later, the sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is almost here. May 12th will be a very special day, and for may, a tremendously important event. This is it, friends. The moment. The MOMENT!
That is reason enough to get together and get psyched, put the gas pedal on the floor and speed towards May 12th with all we’ve got. Whether or not you’re hyped out of your damn mind, cautiously optimistic, or slightly sceptic, May 12th will be a day to remember with varying amounts of fondness.
This event will serve as a way for us at Famiboards to get together, participate in some activities, talk about Zelda in general, share the excitement, all while regularly counting down days, hours, minutes and seconds.
This event will last from today all the way to 12AM EST on May 12th.

ACTIVITIES
The event will have three separate activities for us to take part in while we anxiously twiddle our thumbs, as a means to make these remaining, excruciating 12 days a little more bearable.

The first is Game Recall. Simply put - let’s finish a Zelda game! It’s a means to recall old memories or creating new ones, kill some time, while also sharing one’s experiences and excitement in this thread. Succeeding in finishing a Zelda game will earn you a badge.

The second is Fuse Gallery. The Fuse ability sent most Zelda fans in a frenzy when it was shown off in the gameplay demonstration, promising a vast amount of possibilities for all kinds of mad weapon combinations. This thread will contain a post that serves as an empty gallery that we can all fill with our own fuse ideas.

The third and last activity is the Vehicle Contest. The trailers so far have shown off what absolutely outlandish vehicles and things we’ll be able to make with Ultrahand. A contest will be hosted in this thread to see who can come up with the coolest vehicle. The winner will earn a badge.

Game Recall
The Legend of Zelda is a series that has been running since the mid-80’s, and sports both mainline entries and spinoffs, with Tears of the Kingdom being the 20th mainline Zelda game. Such a long-running series has followed some players through their entire life, and thus, fond - and maybe also less fond - memories are associated with the series.

So, let’s dive right into the series and pick any Zelda-related game - mainline or spinoff - to play during the launch party! The Game Recall activity works just as previous events containing playthrough activities: Over these 12 days, simply pick up a Zelda game to finish, and show a picture of the end credits as proof of play.

This will serve as a good opportunity to warm up, get comfy, settle in for a proper appetizer before the main course, and grab a chance to discuss and reminisce about the Zelda series, what it means to us, and what you think about the game in question that you’re playing.
Like the regular playthrough activities from events past, show a picture of the end credits of the game you’ve chosen to play when you’re done. A playthrough will earn you the Party Participant badge.

Fuse Gallery
The second activity will be us coming together to get creative with the Fuse ability. Tears of the Kingdom will most likely have a lot of really cool and creative fuses that we’ll be able to make throughout our adventure. The gameplay showcase showed a makeshift hammer and a Puffshroom being used in combat, but what will happen when you fuse a shield to a cricket? And how will a bokoblin guts arrow work?

It’s an ability that tickles the imagination, and it will surely be a ton of fun to use it in the game. In this activity, we’ll get some work going, and come up with and display our own ideas for different fuses that can be created with the Fuse ability. The hope is for the entire gallery to fill up with all kinds of mad, weird and wonderful fuses.
The fuses themselves can be objects from any Zelda game, from the Biggoron’s Sword, to Tingle’s balloon, but items from our own world are not allowed. The fuse can’t be more than two objects. To submit a fuse for the gallery, simply make it in a picture editing program, either by pasting images from, say, Google into it, or draw it on your own, either in the picture program, or even by hand. Once that is done, upload it in a post, and it will make it to the gallery.
Don’t hold back - the cooler and weirder the fuse is, the more you contribute to make the gallery into something spectacular.

Rules for the gallery:
1. Your submitted entry must be of just two objects. It can be any object, as long as it exists in a Zelda game.
2. Your submitted entry should be made in a picture editing program such as GIMP/Paint/Photoshop/other equivalent. The usage of both real images as well as hand-drawn images are allowed.
3. Your submitted entry must have a cool name.

Vehicle Contest
Even more out there than the Fuse ability is Ultrahand, which will be the center of the third activity of the launch party - a vehicle making contest.
We’ve seen Link craft some truly spectacular vehicles in the trailers - a flying contraption, a hot air balloon and some kind of bizarre, rectangular mech. It’s an ability that will have the potential to make Tears of the Kingdom truly viral, where people are more than happy to show off their most spectacular devices, vehicles and weapons, and with streamers trying to outdo one another with whatever their imagination will allow them to create.
The crafting category we’re rolling with will be vehicles - we will all be able to participate in this contest where we come up, with and build, our very own means of transportation across ground, sky, space or sea.

To do this, you will once again take to an image creation program of choice, and draw up an idea, a concept or a blueprint for whatever vehicle you want to enter the contest with. Using real-life pictures as well as hand-drawn ones are okay.
Unlike the fuse gallery, however, the vehicle contest allows for real-life objects to work as components as well, along with objects in Zelda games - even things that are vehicles in and of themselves. The huge fans and wheels from the trailers are fair game, but so are garden hoses, bullet trains and OLED TV’s. All bets are off!

Rules for the contest:
1. You may submit only one vehicle. The vehicle must come with a short description f fwhat it is.
2. The vehicle must be made up out of objects that exists in our real world or in a Zelda game.
3. The vehicle should be made in a picture editing program such as GIMP/Paint/Photoshop/other equivalent. The usage of both real images as well as hand-drawn images are allowed.
4. The vehicle can only contain 7 different objects. However, you can have up to 10 of one object, so a vehicle with 2 different objects but 10 of one of them is okay.
5. The vehicle must have a proper use and function. You need to explain what it is going to be used for, and what it’s going to be capable of, in your post.

The post with the most Yeah!s will be declared as a winner of the contest. The winner will receive an additional badge of honour for their work. It is discouraged to go and ask all your friends to go in and Yeah! your vehicle for the sole purpose of winning - the contest should be won by honouring imagination and ingenuity.

The deadline for the Vehicle Contest will be 12AM EST on May 11th, 24 hours before the game unlocks.

FAQ

You will not be eligible for a badge if you just say “I beat a game”. But if you said that you started a game, talked a bit about it along the way, and then mentioned that you didn’t get the opportunity to get a picture of the credits, we trust you on your word.

For the vehicle contest would using Lego pieces count as well?

One for the fuse gallery:

spinfall.jpg

Spinner + Windfall = Spinfall! For mass motion sickness.

lp-header.jpg

For the vehicle contest would using Lego pieces count as well?

"Lego" counts as one out of 7 allowed objects or object categories. Then you can have up to 10 Lego pieces.

I can't decide whether to

• Complete my Shine count in BoTW (no badge)
  • Beat Minish Cap for the first time (short)
  • Replay ALBW or WW (both align with TotK w/ open-ended gameplay)

If time wasn't so limited, playing through SS HD for the first time would be my pick, but alas I'm starting late.

Trying to play through sshd but really not liking it so far, it just feels like a ultra sterilized and handholdy zelda, I hope the dungeons are worth it.

Ig I can always play throguh links awakening or a Link to the past instead both of which I would be doing for the first time (though I have played albw)

Trying to play through sshd but really not liking it so far, it just feels like a ultra sterilized and handholdy zelda, I hope the dungeons are worth it.

Ig I can always play throguh links awakening or a Link to the past instead both of which I would be doing for the first time (though I have played albw)
To be hoesnlty my feelings on this game are why play this when I could just play twilight princess. So far at leasf

Back
Top Bottom